Hinode made his way through the city, as he always does, and took the time to enjoy the scenery of the city, as he always has. Today was no different that almost any other day as he took the gentle route through the night that lead him to the place that he found comfort in most of his days. The distance grew close as the great mansion was brought forth to his vision with the great Victorian gates coming into clear view. Upon arriving at the gate his attention was brought to the intercom device next to the walkway path and, after looking over at the roadway where the vehicle entrance was, brought his hand to the system pressing a series of buttons. A few seconds later a buzzing sound was heard and the tall gate made a clicking noise and released from the frame of the entrance slightly. He pushed forward moving the door but being sure to close it behind him before he continued along the walkway. 

It was always an enjoyable journey going through the manor field in front and simply taking in the gentle vegetation that had grown and been tended to by the landscaping company. This was the place that he had the chance to call a home away from home, despite the fact that he had his main place of residence be attached to the clinic, this was the location where he would gather most of his essentials. Upon reaching the door he brought his hand to knock on the old, yet certainly restored, wooden door. A few second passed before the door opened to reveal an elderly male in full formal tux with his white gloved hand extended in a formal stance. "Ah, Master Yoake." He turned to give space for Hinode to enter the mansion, "Good to see you Therion. I assume Rachel is here then?" Therion closed the door behind Hinode and gently secured the door, "Yes, Madam Rachel is currently meeting with Lord Gahdrazzar." Hinode simply nodded as he turned to face Therion with a puzzled glance, "If you would like, you may wait in the study and I shall bring you something to refresh yourself."

With a smile, Hinode nodded, "That would be great." "I will inform Lord Gahdrazzar that you have arrived." Both of them went separate directions with Hinode heading towards the study glancing at the pictures along the wall that holds various people that he recognized with Gahdrazzar being scattered around throughout various decades and, by some that are certainly recreations as opposed to pictures, centuries as well. The many lives that Hinode lived pale in comparison to the value that Gahdrazzar had accumulated and there was a certain amount of respect that he obtained. It is one thing to simply live as long as he has being that their kind do not face death through time, but to have gone through so many conflicts with the Soul Society, Hueco Mundo, and even the humans of the world of the living and remain a survivor. To predate the existence of Vlad Tepes, who was believed to have been the first of their kind, is a feat all on its own.

He arrived in the study, a gently decorated space with chairs and musical instruments all around. As soon as he took a seat in one of the chairs, "Here you are Master Yoake." Therion stood besides Hinode with an intricate black goblet with a white raven jewel embedded into the cup upon a silver platter. The young doctor provided a nod, "Thank you Therion." He took the cup and took note of the shimmering green color of the fluid inside, "This is a sample from Madam Rachel's personal collection; a human with hollowed nature, although incomplete to add the imperfection to the flavor." "Nothing pure?" He jested, "I could acquire one of the pure samples, but I would require permission to serve such a taste for a guest of the manor." "I was only kidding Therion, this is fine. I am not one to divulge deeply in the consumption too much. I do appreciate this." With that he took a decent drink from his glass as his body gave a faint jade green glow for a moment before fading. "Excellent Sir, if there is nothing else you require I shall return to Madam Rachel." Hinode gave a nod and Therion departed from the room. "Fun guy." Hinode took another drink from his glass, "This is really good."

WC: 751
Soul Charge: +1 (1)

• Like 1

Hinode continued to sip from his glass enjoying the flavor of the refreshment and, although he was not one to agree with Madam Rachels method's of acquiring her soul supply, he could not deny the astounding work that she put into her refinery. She made a name for herself creating some of the most premier wine and spirits for most of the American Humans but there was also the supply of Soul Satisfying Wine's that was made for particularly bounts, however other humans and a few unique beings had grown quite fond of the unique taste that she created. He had finished his last sip when he noticed a young girl, couldn't be more than fourteen (14) years of age with long dirty blond hair and piercing red eyes dressed in old Victorian fashion staring him down with a rather stoic yet excited expression. "Oh, Rachel. When do you-" "So, what did you think?" "What did I think? You mean-" "Yes I mean the wine, what are your thoughts?"

He paused for a moment, "I found it remarkably satisfying both for a general flavor and sustenance." As he finished his sentence, Therion gently removed the drinking glass from his hand and placed it upon the silver tray he held and departed the room. "I hate how he does that." "He is particular good at being where he is needed and never lingering a second longer than necessary." Hinode gave a smile, "Well, you trained him pretty well kid." Immediately her demeanor shifted and became heavier as her spiritual pressure flared. "What did you say?" Lounging in the chair he shrugged as he turned and set his legs over the arm rest, turning sideways and leaning comfortably. "I said, 'you trained him pretty well kid' since you missed it the first time." She took a step forward, "You insolent child, I lived several centuries before you were even conceived and as the Count of the Second I expect you to show a modicum of respect." Only seconds later would a man in a deep red trench coat slide into the room with a large buster sword held in his right hand as his silver hair shined by the light of the room. He turned his gaze towards Hinode who saw the emerald green left eye and the deep red right eye staring at him. "Are you alright Lady Rachel?

"Wow Ragnor, record time." Slowly Ragnor placed his weapon on his back along his waist and with a scowl directed at Hinode. "Mr. Yoake causing problems again?" "It is 'Doctor' Yoake, I know that the idea of intelligence is too much for you to wrap your brain around-" "What are you even doing here? You don't belong here." Hinode release a chuckle, "Careful, I can see the smoke coming from your ears. Besides, I am a Bount, like the residents of this Manor. Unlike you who is a glorified lapdog, a full bring slave chasing after Rachel."

"I think that might be enough for today." From the other end of the room entered a man with darker skin and jet black hair of a modest length enter wearing a more traditional set of clothes as his red button down shirt has a few buttons undone to reveal his tattooed chest and a series of rings decorate either hand. "Thank you so much for the visit Rachel, but we did run a bit over the time we planned and Hinode is an expected guest." He gave a friendly smile, "So I would rather avoid a brawl in the midst of my Manor, if you would be so kind.

"My apologies, my Lord." Rachel responded as Ragnor dropped to the ground on a knee in respect bowing his head. "Ragnor, it is time we depart." "The vehicle is out front waiting for you Madam Rachel." Once more Therion appeared as if on cue with a glass on a platter being lowered to Hinode. "A departing gift, a sample of a more complete human comprised of hollow nature." Rachel and her group made their way out, "Learn to be grateful you pitiful creature." She left without another response from Hinode who glanced across the room towards the Lord with a smile. He took another drink from this new glass and with a smile and focused on his dear friend with an elated expression, "This is really good stuff.."

Word Count: 750
Soul Charge Acquired: 1 Soul
Soul Charges Available2 Souls
Additional Soul Charge: 450 Words

"I would imagine, being one of the oldest members of the Covenant she has spent quite some time refining her methods of careful extraction." The Lord made a few steps into the room as Hinode continued to drink from his glass enjoying the sweet taste of the drink. Although he found a sufficient way to satisfy himself by sampling portions of a person's soul, so much so that the person would easily recover the spiritual energy within a few hours, and it allowed him to maintain his power so that he could remain such a capable healer. That was the trade off that he was acceptable dealing with, immortality by way of consuming souls and in return his life is devoted to helping others recover from the frailty of mortality of the flesh or of the soul. "So tell me Doctor Yoake, when will I expect you to make residence in the Manor." Hinode nearly choked on the sip that he just took from the sharp turn of the inquiry as he gathered himself with a humored chuckle. "We went over this Gahrazzar, my services will always be available to the covenant much like any patron of the PanZer clinic but I have no interests in the politics." There was a sigh as Gahdrazzar made his way towards the small wet bar and shuffling bottles around, "I try to pretend that I never heard any of that and keep assuming you mean you need more time to think about it."

With a large gulp Hinode finished the rest of his drink as Gahdrazzar pulled on a small string that was located above the wet bar, "I honestly appreciate everything that you have done for me since I got out of that forest, and I am in your debt, but I promise you that there is no amount of charm or persuasion to change my desire to avoid the politics of the many houses," He paused for a moment as he shifted to a more properly seated position, "You do understand that I don't even run my own clinic? I have a standard human who is both my business partner as well as my manager." Gahdrazzar pulled away from the wet bar and turned around with a case that held several cigars to which he extended out in an offer. Hinode shook his head as he continued on with Gahdrazzar approached the seat next to him, "Truth be told, between her and Teien, they could run the clinic themselves and have no need for me. She is a capable Medical Doctor who made a few too many enemies and Teien is on the tail end of completing his Medical Degree." Gahdrazzar snapped his fingers as a bit of flame sparked from his thumb as he held it up to the end of the cigar, "Those aren't good for your lungs or overall health." The Lord could not help but smile as he took a decent drag on the cigar and faced Hinode.

"I have lived more than a millennia through plagues, wars, and famine; I am sure that a little lung damage will amount to a scratch in comparison." Hinode gave a shrug as a young man and woman enter the room each with a silver plate covered with an ornate chrome case. A third individual, an older female, entered the room with another young gentleman and set up trays in front of the two Bounts just as the first young man and woman set the plates down. "I had the staff make this special for you." They removed the chrome covers from the plates to reveal slices of apple pie with the most alluring aroma that Hinode got lost in a trance. "You know that bribery is not going to work." Hinode turned a sharp gaze towards his friend, "I understand which is why this is not a bribery but a treat for a friend, I know how much you love apples and these are fresh from the garden and made by only the best quality bakers infused with prime soul fragments for optimal flavor." With a smile he raised his fork as the servants all departed from the room, "To friendship." With a chuckle and a smile Hinode responded, "To friendship." With that he dug into the first bite with such excitement and an overwhelming sense of wonder, "This right here, this is good."

Word Count: 758
Weekly Thread Word Count: 1508
Soul Charge Acquired: 1 Soul
Soul Charges Available3 Souls
Additional Soul Charge: 450 Words

Hinode continued to consume his pie happily enjoying each bite with a focused enthusiasm, almost forgetting entirely that he was in the room with another person. "I could only assume that it measure's up to your standards?" There was a moment that Hinode was caught off guard as he was in the middle of enjoying the savory explosion of flavors that was in his mouth and left him to preoccupied to focus on the question, let alone generate a response and instead left himself to his own thoughts of the food for a few more seconds. Then, with an obvious smile, "This might have been one of the greatest apple pies that I have ever enjoyed. Who did you gather to create this one?" He inquired as he set his utensil down on the plate and slide it an inch or so away from him as a sign that he was done, as if the spotless plate was not enough of an indication, "Still not the best though?" He humorously inquired with a sly smile as he lifted himself up from the seat, "Well I might have to try a little harder on my baking skills or gather better ingredients still." The response was a bit shocking at first as he gathered the words and digested them with his pie, "Wait, you made this? Yourself? Lord Gahdrazzar actually entered the kitchen himself and produced a pie?" Hinode was quite impressed if one could see the tone beneath his obvious mocking, "Jest all you want at my expense, you think I would not gather a skill or two in the kitchen at least within the last few decades?"

There was a silent pause before Hinode brought both of his hands up in front of him and provided a collection of claps towards Gahdrazzar, "Well done. You have truly gone above and beyond yourself this time." They smiled at one another as Gahdrazzar proceeded to bow, "Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank my parents for buying me my first easy bake oven." He proceed with his facetious response as they both put on a show for one another, "But honestly, thank you for coming." He took a few steps towards Hinode, his apparent height difference now clear by more than six inches, and extended his right hand out towards his friend who reached out in response, "Of course, you spend all of your time keeping the Covenant in order every so often you need to take a break and just relax." Gahdrazzer chuckled, "Is that Hinode or Dr. Yoake talking?" "Both, you old man." They pulled each other by the arm for a quick embrace before stepping away. "Sadly I have other matters to tend to and-" "No worries, such is the life of a Lord. I will enjoy my peasant status and roam the great castle halls and see what trouble I can get into.

With a friendly wave as a secondary signal of them going separate ways, Gahdrazzar made his way out of the room and left Hinode by himself. "Well, time to explore once more." With that, he made his way out of the room eventually finding himself in the fitness center. Several workout machines, devices, tools, and equipment was scattered throughout the room, although in a clearly organized manner, with several individuals in the room taking the time to focus on their own fitness. One of the larger individuals was talking to their friend as they continued walking backwards, "Just saying, if you aren't pushing yourself then you're just-" He was interrupted when he backed into Hinode who was observing the rest of the room. "My bad kid." He acknowledge Hinode with a quick glance taking only his small frame and young appearance as a sign of youth which has never played to the Doctor's favor. "Not a kid, but no worries." "Oh, you're that Doctor that runs the clinic in Karakura." He shrugged, "Yeah, that's me." "I was about to hit the mats for some light training. I am assuming that you come here for a workout."

Once more Hinode responded with a shrug, "Why not, fitness of the body ensures fitness of the mind." The larger individual looked at him for a moment, "Sure, whatever Doc. See you on the mat!" Not a single word could be given as a response as the larger man was already walking away at a quick pace and Hinode wondered if that was his natural pace or if the man was overwhelmed with his own adrenaline. Another individual approached drinking from his blender bottle, "He gets pretty ampped when he gets to train with someone different, says it keeps him on his toes." Hinode kept a focus on that man, certain that there was something medically wrong with the way he was but pushed the thought form his mind. "You a new initiate?" The man inquired but Hinode simply shook his head, "Nah, just visiting for a little bit." "A visitor? I didn't even know that a initiates were allowed visitors. Who are you visiting?" "Gahdrazzar." The man froze, stunned by what he heard, "Wait you came to visit the Covenant Lord?" Undisturbed, "Yeah, we just finished having drinks and apple pie so it would make sense to get a little cardio in for the day. It is important to keep the body healthy, maintains a good metabolism too." He proceeded to walk away, towards the mats, leaving the man in awe of what just transpired.

As he prepared to enter the mat area, which was an open space with padded floors and walls, the man from early stopped him. "Hey Doc, I am all for some training but stay hydrated." He tossed a dark purple blender bottle towards Hinode who caught it just before it hit the ground. "Comes with protein boost; Fuel for the Soul." He took a moment to open it and look it over through the top but could not see a reason not to partake. Protein boosts do no harm to the body when controlled and a sample effort holds no damage to his own system. So he secured the top and started to drink from the straw intake at the top and had a smile, "Apple flavor, had a few packs in my bag." With a smirk he walked off as Hinode sealed the bottle and stepped on the mat across from the larger individual, "This is gonna be good."

Word Count: 1,102
Weekly Thread Word Count: 2610
Soul Charge Acquired: 1 Soul
Soul Charges Available4 Souls
Additional Soul Charge: 450 Words

Hindoe stood across from the person who was currently running some of his cardio warm ups in order to keep himself active and prepared for any of his training but stopped for a moment when his eyes took note of the person across from him. "Aye Doctor, yo decided to follow through wit the offer!" He gave a confident smile with a thumbs up as he started to stretch a bit. "Hopefully you don't expect me to take it easy on you. I plan to use the new found powers given to me since the initiation." The doctor took a moment to stare at the moment and take in the image of the man and determined what it was that he was feeling from him, as it became clear to him that the being had been infused with a familiar spiritual energy meaning that he was heavily induced with the essence of a Bount. For the most part he thought that Bounts were a random occurrence from a situation that occurred out of their control but he wondered if there was a method to create Bounts in some manner. "Do you have a Servant as well?" The man smirked at the response, potentially bewildered by the question. "Nah, we don't get servants. Just the natural power boost from initiation. Only those that want to become acolytes can make the effort to earn a servant from the Lord." Hinode had so many questions, curious to what it was that Gahdrazzar was capable of that he might be capable of creating more of their kind. 

"I assume that you are, or at least were at some point, an initiate?" Hinode gave a slow head shake as he stretched a bit, "Not at all, just a friend of the Covenant." The man gave an approval nod, "Makes sense to have a doctor as a friend, helps in the dire situations." He finally took a few steps forward as a flow of deep dark orange spiritual energy would radiate from his body in a small burst and the man rushed forward. "Oh, you are a physical fighter." The man continued forward and Hinode considered how many soul fragments that he had consumed recently and decided that he held an abundance that would not prove to problematic to expend a few dozen fragments just to see how capable he would be.  Just as the man got close to him he raised his right hand as deep blue energy would flow from his palm as the man swung a punch. The fist made contact with the hand of Hinode with a small impact shock wave with a draft of wind that blew back before the deep blue energy shifted to a red color and was unleashed from his hand in a small explosive blast that sent the man flying backwards into the padded wall. "Oh, you are strong."

The man got up from the ground and prepared to rush again as a golden ball of energy could be seen flying through the air and made impact on the ground in front of the man before it bounced and exploded just shy of two meters from his chest. The force was enough to send him back into the wall and tatter a bit of his clothes. "Alright, alright." The man slowly got up dusting himself up with a clear sign of some bruising, "You are more capable than I thought, but this was just a light training." He laughed as Hinode shyly smirked scratching the back of his head with an awkward expression, "My bad." The man approached and extended his hand out, "No worries, taught me a thing or two. Heard about natural born bounts have access to those techniques, but thought the Counts were capable of those." Hinode chuckled, "Yeah, well Gahdrazzar taught me a few of the techniques just in case." "Taught by the Covenant Lord himself? Well look at you, learning from royalty." The large man laughed as he put his hand on the shoulder of Hinode, who took a moment to really acknowledge the height difference between the two, "You earned this." Suddenly Hinode watched as the man started to glow with his orange energy again before it would flow and envelope himself before his body would consume the energy. "You won, you get a fragment from me." "Wait, I have been around and thought only that the Lord could exchange fragments." "Yeah, and being initiated by him we are capable of sharing fragments among one another or pass them to a natural born." With another shocked expression, Hinode took note of that detail. "Well, I might go finish my exploration." "Go for it, if you ever need a training buddy, just asked for Saigo!" Saigo turned and walked away to potentially work out some more as Hinode picked up his protein mixture and took another drink before being on his way, "Well, that was pretty good."

Word Count: 858
Weekly Thread Word Count: 3468
Soul Charges Available5 Souls

Hinode found himself walking down the length of another hallway of the massive mansion and took the time to look at the beautiful decorations. He could not help but smile at the sight of the portraits that have been collected throughout the centuries and realized that many of these are probably authentic paintings from individuals that sincerely lived during that time period. There was a sense of admiration towards the manor with ever piece of art that he was able to glance at and even discovered a unique room that highlighted this delightful trait of the house. Various sculptures, artifacts, and more paintings are scattered throughout the room and, after a few minutes admiring the room from the entrance, Hinode realized that the items were organized by their time period and was currently standing in a room that focused on ancient Greece. He was certain when he stood in front of a manikin that was ordained with various gear that was known to be worn by the Ancient Spartans but it was different than that he recalled in the books that he read. "Most people notice that it looks incredibly different than history books and even research documents." A voice came from behind Hinode that revealed a young woman with short hair and the side of it cut. Hinode noticed, from the corner of his eye, the multiple piercings on her face.

"Records found a collection of armor and weapons from the Ancient Spartans but they found only the pristine armor which was forged for the warriors who needed it most." She took a step forward and placed her hand on the armor and slowly allowed her hand to trace it, "However, this was the traditionally worn armor during the training and quick donning process in the event that only a few second were available. Most times they only reached for their sword and shield, if that, and this would be grabbed and slung over the shoulder. If they were not immediately on the front line they would put these on. If they were part of the back wave or the shield bearers, then they would done the historical armor." With a smile, her hand slid from the body of the armor and then settled around the shoulder of Hinode, "This room is filled with history told from the people who lived there and I get the chance to discover the reality of what happened directly from them."

Hinode smiled as he turned to face her only to jump back a few inches when the armor moved slightly sliding from the hand of the woman. He blinked a few times and noticed that the statue was back to where it was a moment ago. "What, what was that?" She walked towards him, "Simple, you were moments from seeing history from the eyes of the man who lived it." "I do not understand." Before he could react she appeared in front of him and placed both of her hands on his shoulders as he looked over the cliff near his home, near Sparta. He could see the boats approaching and turned around to see the warriors running towards his direction. He looked down at his open wound on his leg and the shield that was burrowed into the ground as he took a few steps backwards. With a smile and a sensation of pride he rushed forward using his shield as a mounting point and jumped through the air to rush the solider, "I will see you all dine with Hades!" He slipped over his feet and found himself back in the room with the artifacts and looked around noticing that the woman was gone. He shook his head confused as he got up and felt the pride from the battle he won against those soldiers on the cliff. The essence of that spartan warrior was stuck in his mind and he felt the energy blend with his own. "Whoa, that is a pretty good trick."

Word Count: 690
Weekly Thread Word Count: 690
Soul Charges Available6 Souls

• Like 1

Truth be told, Hinode was filled with more curiosity than anything else with what he just experienced. That woman was so strange to him and he could not figure out whether or not she was like him, a natural born, an initiate like the others, or potentially something along the lines of something else. Obviously it was not out of the question to staff traditional or spiritually capable humans in various employment positions so he could not rule out anything short of a soul reaper or a hollow at this point. He got himself to his feet and dusted himself off, mostly out of human habit since the room was remarkably clean; something that he had not noticed at first but easier to take note of when you are on the ground looking at the underside of a display or simply touching the ground. He took a moment to compose himself and find his way back to the hallway that lead him into this room and take the path that he was following to see what other nice discoveries that he would be able to find with a bit of exploration and an adventurous energy to him.

"Hey. excuse me?" A voice of a woman could be heard from behind him followed by the sound of something scrambling along the wood surface of the hallways. Hinode look over his shoulder and saw a woman wearing a yellow sun dress with several books in her arms running. She was wearing high heel boots and eventually stopped just shy of the doctor and slightly bent over trying to catch her breath, "Hey..." "Are you okay?" He inquired as he tried to assess her condition from that position before she finally stood up right and looked at him, "Sorry, I am looking for my class and was wondering if you knew where the research lab is?" There was a moment that he stared at her and they both shared a moment of confusion, "Gahdrazzar holds classes here?" "Of course. Not all of us do well with normal humans but education is still important. I transferred from Karakura High." He paused for a moment and laughed a little, "I didn't know that." "Oh, then you don't know where research lab is?" Her face turned downward in disappoint, "No, but I can find it for you." Suddenly her expression shifted with a smile, "But you can't tell anyone how I find it, okay?"

She was a bit confused as Hinode opened his hand with the palm facing up. Sudden his tattoos that were on his right arm moved along his skin towards his hand and generated a flock of crows that began to fly down both directions in the hallway. The young female watched the crows formed and flew through the hallway in amazement. "Is that your Servant?" Hinode smiled as he kept his eyes closed, "Not exactly. These are the gifts my friend gives me." "Friend?" He laughs, "Yeah, while most treat their companions as their Servants Panahdo Zerkone is more of a friend, a bit moody, but a friend." She smiled at that response, "Research Lab, found it." The crows that were in the immediate area all vanished in a cloud of black smoke as he smiled opening his eyes and winking, "Our secret, yeah?" She nodded before he walked with her following closely behind. Not too long before they made it to the room with the labeling on the front for the Research Lab. "What are you planning to do when you finish your basic education here?" She shyly responded but with enthusiasm, "I want to go to Medical School so I can be a doctor." He smiled, "Sounds like a plan." He started to walk away, "If it all works out, search for me after, Dr. Yoake." She stood shocked at finding out who he was, "You're Dr. Yoake!?" Her shouting brought the teacher to the door clear annoyed. The young girl looked from the teacher back down the hallway and saw what appeared to be a crow flying away and she smiled.

He found himself walking down another corridor where a fruit basket was so generously placed and he instinctively grabbed the apple and took a bite out of it and enjoyed the flavor realizing that there was a special taste to it that reminded him of the wind. "You clever bastard Gahdrazzar, you are good."

Word Count: 760
Weekly Thread Word Count: 1450
Soul Charges Available7 Souls