Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

My Own Way

The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the room as Yusei eases into a chair. It had been a few weeks since he began his training with Jin. In order to maximize his training, Yusei had temporarily moved into one of the many spare bedrooms Jin had in his mansion. Ayumi would occasionally stop by to visit but was mostly preoccupied with running the day to day operations at Noir. During his training, Yusei's spiritual pressure had increased dramatically since he started, his power being unrecognizable compared to before. For the moment, he was taking a well deserved break to relax and reflect. After taking a sip of the warm beverage to his side, he begins to read a book given to him by Jin. This book contained all of the knowledge Jin had on the supernatural entities of the world. From Shinigami to Hollow, every race and what they could accomplish was covered. Yusei methodical scanned the Quincy sections hoping to see if he could find something that would help him shake that feeling he got when he fought. Every time he fired his bow, he felt...wrong. This fighting style was wrong for him at least. He did come across a primitive ability the Quincy used called Letzt Stil, but even that would not be beneficial to him. “There has to be another way...” Yusei thought to himself. As the Quincy continues to lose himself in the book, he is startled by approaching footsteps. The footsteps, gradually becoming a sprint, becomes louder before they stop at the entrance. Glancing upward, Yusei sees Jin's butler standing in front of him, completely out of breath. “Master Kinoshita, We are in need of your assistance.” “What is it?” “Sir, it's Master Jin. He has gotten into some trouble downstairs in his training room. He was creating an experiment to help the both of you do some training. This experiment had elements of hollow as well as Quincy. However, the experiment broke out before he could finish it. It took him by surprise and knocking him out cold. Before he was rendered unconscious, he managed to trap it inside. You must help the young master.” Yusei sighs as he rises up from his chair, placing the book on the nightstand beside him. “That fool. Why would he make something like that? Now he is at the mercy of his own creations? Poetic Justice. As much as I would love to relish this, I suppose I should help.” 

Picking up his jacket, Yusei slips it on and calmly walks out of the room. His footsteps echo as he walks throughout the long hallway, eventually stopping in front of a candle hanging on the wall. Pulling the candle down, a secret passageway opens and grants him passage inside. The Quincy begins to descend the long stairwell in front of him, the light getting dimmer and dimmer with each step. Upon his nearing the middle of the stairs, a large explosion could be heard. Finally deciding that time is of the essence, Yusei sprints down the bottom of the steps eventually coming to the large door. From the cracks of the door, smoke could be seen billowing, a clear sign something bad was going on. Mentally preparing himself, Yusei heads inside as smoke engulfs him. The smoke began to clear as Yusei spots Jin laying against the rubble. Running up to him, he began to inspect the seriousness of his injuries. A few cuts and bruises and a couple of broken ribs but he would be fine. The smoke began to thicken once more prompting Yusei to turn on the ventilation. As the smoke finally settled, Yusei took that opportunity to examine the room. Broken glass and machinery lay askew on the ground, but oddly enough there was no sign of the experiment. His ears perked up as he heard a loud crash follow by a slow methodical screeching. It sounded like nails on a chalkboard, slowly getting louder and closer. Turning around, Yusei finds himself staring face to face with an approaching figure. A golden humanoid sized figure lumbering towards him, his footsteps now booming. Beaming red eyes staring directly through Yusei as if he wasn't even there. As Yusei stood up, he sees that the creature in front of him was near double his size. The Quincy glared back, his heart pounding out of his chest. The creature stops in front of Yusei staring at him inquisitively. “You must be the other. Get out of my way Quincy. The creator draws his last breath today.” “So this one is sentient. Well, as much as I may want it, I can't let you kill him. Not yet at least.” “You have no idea what I am capable of. If you won't move then you will die along with him.” The creature's hand begins to glow as it clutches Yusei's throat. With its immense strength, it tosses Yusei across the room with ease. The Quincy lands against the wall with a sickening thud, slumping down to the floor below. The creature returns his attention towards the unconscious Jin, his hand glowing once more. As he reaches for Jin's limp body, an arrow knocks it away. The creature turns around to see Yusei standing, bow drawn and trained to his head. “I'll say this once more. Step away from Jin. Your fight is with me now.

The creature's red eyes began to glow a darker shade as it turns to face its next victim. Its eyes began to drift, the same energy that surrounds its hand quickly surrounding its entire person. It lurched towards Yusei, the energy spiraling and growing more chaotic. As it walks, the right arm begins to bubble and bulge. Gradually, the arm begins to warp as it fashions into a golden cannon. It stops its forward movement, the golden energy around it finally bristling outward. It was at the very moment where Yusei finally felt it. This entire time, he never felt even the slightest spiritual pressure from it. It was as if the creature was not even there, nothing came from him. Now all at once, he felt the overwhelming power the creature gave off. Was it just him suppressing his power or was the gap between them really that far? The sheer power from it was almost enough to bring the Quincy to his knees. It felt as if his entire being was being compressed and crushed by the power of an entire ocean above him. However, with all of this power, it seemed rather familiar. It was at that moment, Yusei had figured it out. The power he felt was none other than Jin's. How did this creature have Jin's spiritual pressure and why was it so dense? There seemed to be something else mingled within Jin's spiritual pressure, that of the hollow from before as well as Yusei's own. “I see you have finally noticed what my power is. I can absorb and replicate any and all abilities in the world. Any powers I see can and will be mine. Right down to the spiritual pressure that makes it up. That is what the creator wished for me...but it's not enough. Why should I be subjected to follow his orders if my powers overshadow his own. That's when I decided to revolt and terminate the creator. Then I would be able to reign free and find my purpose. You are in the way of that and as such you must be terminated as well.” The creature raises its hand, the golden energy radiating from it. “Now...remove yourself from my presence.” In that instant, the creature releases a powerful wave of energy in Yusei's direction. The Quincy barely has time to react as he leaps upward and narrowly avoids it. “Damn, its fast. This is going to be more trouble than I anticipated.” Turning around, Yusei fires off a powerful volley of arrows, all aimed at the creature's head. Instead of avoiding or making any type of bodily movement, the creature just stares at the incoming arrows. Its eyes soon glow a brighter red as its cannon-like arm moves up, aiming directly towards the arrows. In a bright flash of gold, the cannon fires off an array of arrows much like Yusei's own. Each arrow hits one another, eventually canceling out the lot of them. “What the hell? You fire arrows now?” “You are dense I take it? As I mentioned before, I can absorb and replicate any abilities. For the small sample of reiatsu I acquired from you and the large amount I got from the creator, I know all of your techniques.” Undeterred by this, Yusei fires off another volley of arrows, these meeting the same fate as before. I already said this was a pitiful attempt and a waste of your powers. At your current level of power you would not even begin to make a dent even if I chose not to cancel them.” The Quincy smirks a bit as he lands down along the ground. “Not at my current power level huh? Perhaps it's time I stop holding back.” With a grunt, Yusei releases the full extent of his spiritual pressure, a light blue aura surrounding him. “You held back quite a bit of power. An impressive feat but it is of minimal concern to me. As mentioned before I...” The creature is cut off by a nick forming across its face. Black liquid drips down from the wound as the creature lightly touches its face. Staring intently at the liquid on its hand, it glances at Yusei. “Your speed has increased by more than I originally calculated. A slight adjustment and that will be corrected. Count your blessings that your attack has struck me, it shall not do so again.” Giving a light chuckle, Yusei disappears using Hirenkyaku, reappearing near the creature's side. His bow disappears as he quickly pulls out a training weapon given to him by Jin, the Seele Schneider. He sends some of his energy into the weapon as it forms a small blade. Angling it perfectly, the Quincy proceeds to deliver a downward strike on the creature's attempting to take it by surprise. It leaps backwards at the last second, showing a testament to its speed.

So you've decided to abandon the traditional method for a more direct approach? As you wish, though the results will still be the same.” The golden energy coats the creature once more as its cannon arm begins to change its shape. A humming sound soon echoes throughout the area as the cannon has changed to that of an exact copy of a Seele Schneider. The creature fades from sight, appearing towards Yusei's side delivering a horizontal slash. The Quincy narrowly dodges the strike, a slight portion of his hair being cut in the process. The two charge towards one another, the resulting clash from their weapons sends a shock-wave across the room. They stood at a dead stalemate, neither one of them giving an inch of resistance. The creature lifts its arm up, the golden energy swirling around it before firing off a concussion blast. The attack hits Yusei in the chest, sending him flying backwards into the adjacent wall. Yusei holds his chest in pain as the creature lurches forward, dragging his blade against the ground. “This building will be your resting ground. I will grant you and the creator death's release.

WC: 1,912

1,500/1,912 [Seele Schneider Obtained]

• Like 1

Yusei quickly moves out of the way, dashing behind an overturned object to catch his breath. Though he knows full well the object would not stop the creature's attack, it would provide him a small safe haven for the moment. Its footsteps echo throughout the room, gradually getting closer and closer. The blade of its sword scrapes along the ground. “Resistance is futile, Quincy. Accept your fate." The creature raises his sword arm upward, preparing to slice right through the object. Taking a deep breath, Yusei dashes from behind his momentary safe haven, slyly leaving a Gintō Capsule behind. The creature's blade slices through the object like a hot knife on butter, narrowly missing the capsule. Running backwards, Yusei places his hands into formation and begins the chant. “A silver rod strikes the five-fingered stone bed – Gritz!" The capsule explodes outward, quickly engulfing the creature's bladed arm along the left side of its body. Seeing this as his chance, Yusei runs forward as blue lines appear along his body. He leaps up and delivers a powerful kick to the back of the creature's, breaking it. Its limp head slumps to the side, Yusei gasping for breath as he lands a good distance away. “So you've resorted to Gintō techniques? You are versatile but this is futile. My power is near limitless, such weak attacks have no effect on me.” With its free hand, the creature pops its neck back into place, the damage repaired instantly. “It fixed itself? Just what in the hell is this thing? It took a full force kick to the neck and shook it off like it was nothing.” Yusei thought to himself as he started to move. The golden energy begins to surround the creature once more, becoming more and more unstable by the second. The ground begins to shake as the silver substance that comprises the Gintō spell begins to break down. Turning around, the creature stares directly at Yusei his unstable reiatsu steadily growing. With a powerful and bestial roar, the creature radiates energy out in waves, engulfing the entire room in an instant. Yusei braces himself for the incoming attack as he is launched across the room. His body crashes into the ground with a sickening thud. The creature appears near Yusei's side, picking his limp body from the ground by his neck. The Quincy hazily opens his eyes, staring directly into the red abyss that is the creature's eyes. Noticing that the nick on the creature's cheek was still there, Yusei begins to chuckle.

Laughing in the face of death? You humans are such an odd species. I'll be sure to study your kind more before wiping them all out.” “I'm sorry but I couldn't help it. You played yourself...” Slowly moving his arms into position, Yusei's reiatsu begins to spike. “Did you not learn the last time? Your binding techniques will not work.” Yusei smirks as his reiatsu continues to spike, light blue energy surrounding both him and the creature. “Who said I was using that Gintō spell? Remember that cut I inflicted on you earlier? That arrow was tipped with a small Gintō capsule which is now within that wound. You've been screwed from the beginning.” The creature quickly releases Yusei from its grip in an attempt to remove the small capsule but it is already too late. “Feel the wrath of battle and accept this sacred chalice – Heizen!" The transparent rectangular extends from the creature's head, completely obliterating it. Black liquid rains down on the ground as the headless body collapses to the floor. "Congratulations Yusei. You passed the test." Yusei hazily looks up to see Jin coming in from the door in perfect health. Glancing over to the side, he is surprised to see what looks like Jin underneath the rubble. "How in the hell are you in two places?” “Oh that over there? That is what's called a Gigai. I got a couple from a shop-dealer not far from here. A Gigai allows spiritual beings to contact with normal humans. They can appear normal to them and take any form they please. A remarkable little object it is. And a damn good actor to boot.” The Quincy slowly makes his way up, using the wall for leverage. “You mean to tell me this was all some bullshit test? That this thing was never really a danger?” “Not quite. Every bit of what it said was true. It actually did catch me off guard and wanted to kill me. I easily could have taken it out but I figured it would be best if you got a crack at it.” Yusei clutches his ribs as he flips Jin off, slumping back down on the ground to rest. “I suppose I do deserve that but that little test served one more purpose. I've noticed that the discord you've been feeling when it comes to using your powers. It all seems unnatural and foreign to you. There is a way you can fight how you want with no restraints. There is a catch though. You'll have to meet him first.” “Him?” Yusei says as his interest is piqued. Jin sighs and walks over towards Yusei, extending his hand out to help him up. “Haschwald, the Emperor of all Quincy.

WC: 882

882/850 [Learned Heizen]

• Like 1

Kikyō sat along a tree branch with a smile on her face, her legs swinging back and forth. Her strawberry blonde hair gently flowed in the wind as she stares out at the blue sky above her. A piercing ringing sound could be heard as she digs in her pocket and pulls out a bright pink phone. “What’s up Jin? You want me to do what? How much we talking? Deal. I’ll find him.

Yusei sped down the streets of Karakura Town on his motorcycle without a sense of worry, picking off the occasional Hollow. He might not have shown it, but inwardly he couldn't have been happier. He had felt like he'd finally found a purpose and a way to finally protect those that he cared about. As he grips the throttle, he glances down at the Wandenreich emblem emblazoned on his gloves and thinks back to when he received them. It was shortly after Jin had told him of the existence of the Quincy Emperor. “Emperor of...all Quincy?” Yusei muttered as he grabs Jin's extended hand. Jin pulls him up and pats him on the shoulder before turning his gaze towards the center of the room. “As I mentioned, his name is Haschwald. His Majesty was acquainted with the Father of the Quincy before he...passed on. Once he did, the title of Emperor was transferred to him. He is now the leader of the Wandenreich which is a collection of us Quincy. I am the head of his Imperial Guard. Before you say anything, you are correct. His Majesty was not in the books I gave you to study on. That was deliberate on my part. His Majesty and the Wandenreich are not something to be read about but rather experienced. At any rate, its about time you meet him.” With a sudden increase in reiatsu, Jin manifests his shadow in front of him which quickly expands outward. “Come...” Jin replies as he walks through the shadow. Yusei, still taken aback by the display, pauses for a moment before entering as well. The two walk through the darkness in silence as Yusei's mind races with all of this information. If this Emperor was as important as Jin says, why would he meet someone like him? There was something off but for the life of him, he could not put his finger on it. As he continues to ponder these thoughts, a frigid chill stirs him. Yusei glances around as the two step out of the shadow in front of an ice-encrusted building in the middle of an ice-encrusted city. Yusei stands in awe of the building in front of him as Jin beckons him forward. “Welcome to Wandenreich City. His Majesty is inside.

Stepping inside the massive building, Yusei could see multiple soldiers in white marching down the hall. Rhythmically, their footsteps echoed throughout the area, drowning out all thoughts. Yusei could only follow the departing Jin who navigated the area with startling familiarity. “I see you finally brought him...” a voice rings out behind them. Yusei turns around to see a blonde woman clad in white standing behind them. Her piercing red eyes stuck out as Yusei continued to stare. “Where have I seen her before?” Yusei thinks as the woman and Jin begin to converse. “Hey Frieda. Yeah, I think he's finally ready to learn. Crazy that it took even this long given that he's ready stronger than half the Sternritter here, you included. He hasn't even unlocked his true powers yet.” “Not my fault he's a prodigy. That's just Mr. Kinoshita for you.” “Mr. Kinoshita...Oh its you!” Yusei shouts as the two turn to face him. “You...you work at Noir! You work with Ayumi. Why the hell are you here?” The woman flashes a quick smile before following the rest of the marching soldiers. “It's about time you noticed me sir. We'll talk later!” Jin's snickering could be heard as an enraged Yusei turns to face him. “Why is she here? Have you been using her to spy on me?” “Nah. I'm much too lazy for that. Yeah, Frieda is a friend of mine but her working for your company is purely coincidental. She probably could tell you were a Quincy and likely just wanted to be around those like her. That's why she joined the Wandenreich. Come on, its almost time.” He grumbled but resigned to keep following for the moment. Folding his arms, he slowly follows as the two make their way into a large ballroom. The soldiers split off and line up alongside a long black rug that leads to an ivory throne at the back of the ballroom. Atop the throne, a lone figure dressed in gray sits. The figure's blonde hair hid his facial features as he lazily dangles his right arm off the side of the throne. Each soldier takes a knee as the room gradually darkens. Jin, walking up the base of the throne, kneels down as well. “Your Majesty...I bring to you the one I spoke of earlier, Yusei Kinoshita.” Jin beckons Yusei to come forward as Yusei awkwardly moves beside him. As he glances up towards the Quincy Emperor, he could feel an overwhelming sense of power radiating from him. The power felt as if it had no beginning and no end but radiated a warm and calming sensation. “God...” Yusei mutters as he stands bewildered at the majestic presence before him. The Emperor flashes a small smile as he shifts his position, his three pupils focusing on Yusei. “How familiar. You are of the old blood. Of his Blood. The Left and the Right.... To think they would both be within you. That they would find their way back home.” He snaps his fingers as one of the soldiers quickly rush to his side and present him with a small rectangular box. The soldier opens the box and reveals a pair of black gloves with a symbol emblazoned on them. “You want the power to protect those you care about? The power to discover your way? I can grant you that. We can grant you that. You are very special Yusei, more so than what you can possibly imagine. If you join us, join me, I can grant you what you desire and more. I will not lead you astray. All you'll have to do is accept my gift.

WC: 1,064

[1,064 / 2,000] 

• Like 2