Kaz

Noir

His eyes slowly open, the ceiling fan above him spinning rapidly. It was relaxing, watching the blades go back and forth repeatedly. In his line of work, even the simplest of things could have such an effect. He scratches his bare chest and rubs his eyes before giving out a small yawn. His body hurt, the hard work and long nights took more out of him that he’d care to mention. He just needed to rest up and keep going strong for the next one. Luckily, today was his day off. He finally had a chance to relax. After a bit of dread, he finally gets out of his bed and heads for the bathroom. The hardwood floors felt good on his bare feet, almost soothing-like. It was hot outside anyway so this was a godsend to him. He decides to make a little detour first, heading downstairs into the kitchen to perk some coffee. Moving throughout the house, he notes that most of his curtains were closed. This was probably a good thing since he was just in boxers. While some of his female neighbors probably wouldn’t mind, he felt it would just be better if they were closed. The smell of coffee fills the air as he heads back upstairs into the bathroom, flicking the light on to illuminate the area. With a heavy sigh, he turns on the hot water and lets the steam fill the room before stepping inside the shower. Despite the near unbearable temperatures outside, the hot water was the most relaxing thing that morning. It felt as if his entire body was being massaged at once. All the stress and dirt were being washed away. Minutes pass and he finishes up with his shower, turning the water off and stepping out. He grabs a towel and dries off, putting the towel around his lower body. Wiping away the condensation from the mirror, he begins to examine his face. Dark rings lined his eyes as he wipes his hand around his lower jaw. “I should shave...” he mutters before he dismissively waves his hand. The man heads into his room and gets dressed before moving downstairs. The smell of coffee hits his nostrils as a weary smile spreads across his face. Grabbing a cup, he pours the black liquid near to the brim and heads to the refrigerator for creamer and sugar. He opens it and finds, to his extreme displeasure, that there is none of either. “Damn.” He mutters as he forcefully closes the fridge. He glances outside and looks at the sun beating down on the earth, it was a lovely day.

I’ll just go to the corner market and pick some up,” he says. Grabbing his keys, he locks the doors behind him before heading down the sidewalk. It was truly peaceful outside, sun shining and birds chirping. Kids were just getting on the buses for school; parents were heading off to work for their mundane nine to five shifts. Housewives, househusbands, and the few lucky ones, like him, were the only ones home this day. "Yusei! Hi!!” Yusei recognized the voice immediately and groaned, pulling the cap he wore down further. It was a female neighbor down the street. She had an attraction for Yusei, always flirting with him every chance she could get. Typically off-color comments about his body or what she'd do to him if given the chance. It was flattering but she just wasn’t his type. Plus he had his eyes on another. So he did what he always did when he encountered her. Waved, gave a big smile and kept going as fast as possible. She thought it was him playing hard to get and loved the chase, he just wanted to escape. It wasn’t very long before he made it into the store, the clerk smiling at him warmly. Mr. Kinoshita, good morning. I'm surprised to see you today. Most men in your position would not be wandering around the streets like this. How are you this fine day?” “I took the day off and gave all of my employees the day off as well. Sometimes, I relish the peace and quiet. And I told you that you could call me Yusei. No need for formalities.” He says as he strolls down the aisles looking for what he needs. “I’m doing fine by the way. Yourself?” The man smiles as he wipes down his counter, attempting to have it spotless before the rush that typically comes later in the day. “I’m doing well. Really well.” Yusei couldn’t really hear what he said as he was too wrapped up in other things. He had already grabbed the cream and sugar and placed them on the counter but a newspaper in the very back of the store caught his attention. It was a car magazine that showcased old classics. He had always had a fascination with cars. There was just something about them. He went back to read as the clerk just smiled and rang up the items for when he returned. All was quiet for a moment as the sound for the door went off, someone else had just entered.

Good morning!” A man dressed in a black shirt and khaki pants walked in, eyes shifting around. He seemed jittery and uneasy, unsure of what he wanted to do. “Can I help you with something?” “Yeah, give me the money. Don’t you fucking try anything.” the man says as he wipes out a small pistol. The sound of the gun clicking alerted Yusei who quickly moved out of sight. He cursed to himself, upset that this was his day off. It was to be expected, there was never a day off. There was always someone, always something going on in the world. “Open the register now you dumb fuck! Put the money on the counter!” The clerk began to fumble around, terrified at the pistol in front of him. Yusei fidgeted around, contemplating on what he should do. “Of course the one time I don't have my phone or anything from Noir, this shit happens. I can take him pretty easily if I can get behind him. I gotta be careful as I don't want to spook him.” He’d have to get out of this jam through improvisation. He walked around the aisles silently, trying to figure which was the best way to assess the situation. He moved to the aisle with wine and picked up a bottle, clutching it tightly in his hands. If he could sneak up behind him, get close enough for one strike, he’d knock him out. He moves down the aisle closest to the door and counter, staying low and making sure each step was as quiet as possible. Unfortunately, there was a small pile of chips on the floor which Yusei didn’t see. There wasn’t much, but enough to make a crunch loud enough to startle an already impatient robber. “Who the fuck is there!?!” He screams backpedaling towards the aisle. He sees Yusei and aims his gun at him, demanding he drop the bottle and come to the front. With no way out at the time, he had to comply, slowly walking with his hands up. The sky darkened and rain clouds took over, unfortunately reflecting the mood. The man’s hands trembled as he gripped the handle, not counting on Yusei’s presence. “Hurry up with the damned money!” he screams as the clerk glances towards Yusei. The direct approach had failed miserably so now it was time for the diplomatic one. Don’t panic, let’s just stay calm. Nobody here wants to hurt you.” “Everything is going to be fucking alright as soon as I get my money.” He didn’t seem like this was something he wanted to do. It was almost as if he was acting on impulse. It was a rushed decision, so maybe he could be talked out of it. “My name is Yusei. What about you, what’s your name?” The man pauses for a moment, taken aback by the kindness. He probably assumed that kindness would be the last thing he got while robbing a store.  Taichi. My name is Taichi” “You have anybody in your life that you care for? Possibly a girlfriend or maybe a family member?” “A little girl but what the fuck do you care? And hurry up with the damn money.” “Just calm down, we mean you no harm. What do you believe she’d think about her father if she saw you doing this? Ask yourself, what would happen to her if things go wrong? What if the cops come and they find you? No little girl should run the risk of being without her father. Don’t put yours through that.

The robber hesitates for a moment, tears beginning to stream down his eyes. He probably did all of this for her, maybe they were going through rough times and he figured this was the best way he could provide. He’d more than likely camped out near this place days beforehand, watching the mannerisms of the clerk and those who entered. Figuring our precisely when it would be the best time to make his move. “She wouldn’t like that. I only wanted to provide for her.” He mutters aloud, his whole body beginning to tremble. The rain begins to pour down onto the streets, the sky a light gray color. “Put the gun down and go home to her. There are other ways to provide but this is not the answer. You love your daughter, go and be the father she needs.” The man was shaken but he knew that Yusei was right. He slowly places the gun on the counter and leaves, running down the streets with rain and tears beading off his face. The clerk takes a sigh of relief and slumps over the counter, his life spared for another day. “I cannot thank you enough, Mr. Kinoshita. You have my eternal gratitude.” “No need to thank me. Glad to see that you are alright. But you should probably install some cameras in here.” “Should we call the cops?” “No, I meant what I said. Every kid needs someone in their lives, believe me, I know that from personal experience. No one was hurt and he realized what he did was wrong. We won’t see him anymore.” He glances at the register and sees the amount of money that he owes and begins to reach into his pocket before the clerk stops him. “You’ve saved my life. It’s free of charge. You are an extraordinary man Mr. Kino... Yusei.

Yusei smiles and grabs the now bagged items and waves before heading out into the rain. It was refreshing yet he missed the sun. It was a reflection of the serene feeling that he felt prior. The day was still early which meant that there was time for things to improve. He makes it to his house once more, tossing the things in the kitchen. His coffee was cold but the pot was still warm, a good thing he left it on. He’d just make another one later, but first, he needed to dry off. He quickly departs upstairs and dries himself off, getting a fresh pair of clothes as well. He begins to make his way down the steps before the doorbell rings. “Fucking hell…” he mutters to himself. The last thing he needed or wanted right now was a visitor. It wasn’t even noon and he already had enough stress for the day. He thought about ignoring it but another ring quickly dismissed that notion. He slowly walked to the door, hoping that whoever was there would be gone by the time he got there. However, he wasn’t so lucky. The door opened, the rain dripping down from the roof as he glances at the person standing in front of him. His face said it all.

WC: 1,990

• Like 2

A woman, who was wet and disheveled, stood at his doorstep with her head down. Her bright red hair covered her face with only the tip of her nose peeking out. Though her appearance would be unrecognizable to some, Yusei knew exactly who it was. Ayumi, a friend of his since they were both children. She lived in the nearby Karakura Town and would infrequently meet with Yusei to catch up. With Yusei running Noir and she running her private practice, it was very rare for them to see one another. Despite that, Yusei always valued the time they spent together. She was one of the two people in his life that he genuinely cared for and he fought fiercely to keep it that way. He gives her a look over, noting that she only wore a black shirt and jeans but no jacket. She rubbed her arms in a futile attempt to keep warm as she seemed to be sniffling. “Ayumi...? What are you doing here and where is your jacket?” She glances up at Yusei, removing some of the hair from her face to see him with unclouded vision. Her face was swollen and her eyes were red. When she stared at him, Yusei couldn't tell if that was water dripping down her face or tears. “You said I could contact you if I needed anything. Well, I do, unfortunately. Everything’s shit and I didn’t know where else to go.” Yusei stood there wide-eyed for a moment, taken aback by her appearance. Just what could have happened to her? “I shouldn’t have come here, I should go.” She says beginning to turn away. “No, no it’s fine. You just caught me off guard is all. Please come in. You'll catch a cold out there.” He ushers her inside and sets aside a place for her to sit. She was shivering from the cold so he gave her a blanket to wrap herself in. “Would you like some coffee?” he said with a smile. She nodded as he moved to the kitchen to prepare the coffee, the obvious question looming overhead. For once, he did not want to be blunt but at this point, it was the only option.

What happened?” Ayumi blankly stares at the ground and twiddles her thumbs, lost in thought. “Do you remember some time ago when I told you about my ex? The wealthy one? He wanted to get back together. When I refused, he attacked me. Damn near killed me. He said he’d ruin my life so badly that not even you would be able to help me. Said he'd make me end up on the street and come crawling to him for assistance since I would not be able to pin it on him as he had 'connections'. He told every one of his friends, most of whom were clients of mine, things about me and my family that I’d preferred to keep to myself. Things, I’m still not quite sure how he found out. They told others and eventually, it spread to the point where every one of my clients knew. They didn’t want the drama so they all stopped coming in and I lost my job. I didn't have the heart to tell mom and dad. I can't bear to see the look of disappointment on their faces if I tried to go back. I didn’t have anywhere else to go.” At this point, Yusei had already handed her the coffee and sat down across from her to hear this story. He genuinely felt bad, for such a beautiful woman to go through all of this was tragic. He was literally at a loss for words; unfortunately, Ayumi took this the wrong way. “I shouldn’t have come here. I should have known you wouldn’t be able to help. I’ll just do what he wants and go to him.” She gets up but Yusei places a hand upon her shoulder, a stern look in his eyes. He stares at her for a moment before pulling her close into a hug. Her arms dangle to the side for a moment before slowly moving up. She hesitates but eventually concedes and embraces the hug. Tears stream down her face as she buries her head into his chest. Any person seeing someone in this sort of state would find it difficult to just sit idly by. A few hours pass and the two find themselves sitting upon the sofa, drinking coffee and working out some arrangement on where Ayumi would stay. As he had a spare room, Yusei decided to let her stay there for a time until she got back on her feet. He could easily get her a job at Noir so a source of income wouldn't be an issue. She shivers a bit due to her clothes being soaking wet, Yusei faintly noticing this.

Can I use the shower?” “Of course. It's upstairs and to the right. I have some spare clothes that I'll leave for you until we get you some new ones.” He leads her upstairs and shows her the shower and where the spare clothes are before turning to head back down. “Are you hungry? I was going to make a late breakfast a little while ago. I can still whip something up.” “That would be great,” she says as the door closes. He sighs and descends down the steps, striding into the kitchen to turn on the television. “In other news, multiple explosions occurred near Karakura Town Central Park. There were multiple casualties and police are still trying to figure out just who or what has caused the explosions. Some eyewitnesses have reported bestial creatures seen shortly before the explosions occurred with one stating that 'He' is coming. We'll have more on this at five.” Yusei goes to the refrigerator and pulls out two eggs from the carton as he hears the water from the shower beginning to run. He grabs a skillet from the dish rack and places it up on the stove before turning on the heat. Grabbing a slab of butter, he cuts off a small section and places it in the skillet to melt. Within seconds, the eggs are cracked, whisked and placed in the skillet to be scrambled. He puts some bread in the toaster as she finishes up with the shower. Everything was all laid out for her, it was just enough. After all of the day's festivities, his appetite had vanished. He only wanted to sit back and relax. Make the most out of the already ruined day. Why today of all days did all of this have to happen? It was his day off, the rare time in the week that he gets to relax. Distance himself from work and most of the inbred people the world has to offer and just relax. The one day, damn near ruined. He takes a sigh and gets lost in his thoughts for a moment before faint, damp footsteps stir him from them. He glanced up the stairs to see Ayumi descending in a pair of shorts and a shirt that he had lying around, hair was still a bit damp from the shower. “I took the liberty of using your robe. Hope you don’t mind.” “It looks better on you than me,” he says chuckling. Her wet bare feet made little puddles as she walked, her body now relaxed instead of tense like earlier. Seems like that was just what she needed. “Smells great.” She smiles as she sits down in front of the food. It doesn’t take long before she starts tearing into the food. “Didn’t you fix anything for yourself?” she says in between bites. “No, I ate earlier. Eat up; there is more in the fridge if you want.” She looks at him and smiles before turning her gaze to the plate in front of her. He leaves her alone and goes out on the porch and sit, drinking the rest of his coffee as he stares at the vastness in front of him. “Is it tomorrow yet?” he moans.

WC: 1,353

• Like 2

Yusei kept his eyes fixated on the horizon, staring at the sun attempting to peek above the clouds. Ayumi had been living with Yusei for about a year now and things were going surprisingly well. She cut all ties with the negative people in her life and had grown even closer to Yusei than before. Their relationship slowly began to evolve and eventually, the two made it official. Haruto, their mutual childhood friend, teased them mercilessly about it. “I always knew you two would hook up.” he'd say. Ayumi would blush and shy away while Yusei would respond in anger. This was just how the three of them always communicated. It was an unbreakable bond. The day before, Ayumi decided to spend the evening with her parents in Karakura Town to catch up and prepare a surprise for Yusei as today was his birthday. There was a smile on his face as he drove his black Lamborghini but he had an uneasiness about him. Something bad was going to happen today. Things had been happening a lot lately in Karakura Town. Unexplained things that no one could even begin to comprehend. Buildings destroyed in seconds. City blocks ravaged by what looked to be full-scale battles. Hundreds of bodies lay broken in the streets. The smell of blood is an everyday occurrence. Few people clamored about bestial creatures straight out of a nightmare as the cause of the destruction. There was always at least one person among them who claimed they heard the creatures repeat the same thing. He was coming. Was it that humans were finally getting the justly deserved punishment from God that many deem them to be long overdue for? Whatever the case may be, that was real and it was happening. All of this destruction, all of this chaos seemed...familiar. When he passed through or saw the news, he couldn’t help but get a tingle. A feeling that he knew more about this than anyone else though up until this point Yusei had never seen one. He knew that there may be some truth to their words. No one knew their names, or exactly what they were but Yusei felt some sort of familiarity with them. When he spoke of them, when he thought of them, only one word came to mind. Hollow. Why that name, or why he felt like he knew them was a mystery. He figured he was going crazy, or just the stress from work made him slightly delusional. But something, something deep down made him feel otherwise.

As he drove down the war-torn roads of Karakura, he kept his eyes vigilant. Ayumi's parents lived on the outskirts so it would be a bit of a drive before he arrived. Anything could leap out at a moment’s notice, this was the epitome of hell on earth. All was quiet, a bit chilling actually. It didn’t take long for the quiet stillness to come to a screeching halt. A woman, who seems to be running for her life, darted across the road, narrowly avoiding the car. Panicked, Yusei skidded to a stop and glanced behind him to see where she was running to, and more importantly, who was chasing her. A thunderous boom echoed throughout the sky, the back end of his car completely mashed in an instant. A large, lumbering figure landed on the car, howling as it did so before taking off at a blinding speed after the woman. “What the hell was that?!” Yusei shouts as he exits the car. Without a second thought, he leaped over the hood and rushed towards the area where the two departed. His head down, his arms swinging as he charged forward. The creature left a multitude of destruction in its wake. Flipped over cars, trees broken and thrown across the roads, gigantic footprints left on the ground and on the sides of buildings as if they were being used as springboards. He kept running, vaulting over or finding some way to get around these obstacles without losing his footing or speed. His body seemed to be moving off instinct, going faster than he ever did previously. He couldn’t explain it, but for some reason, he always felt stronger and faster whenever he was in the heart of Karakura Town. He kept running, passing a few people in the middle of the street. They were scared and seemed to be running for their lives, an almost everyday occurrence here. It wasn’t long before he could see the lumbering behemoth in the distance. He was actually catching up to them. The beast seemed to be going a bit slower, perhaps it had caught up to its prey and started to stalk it meticulously. Yusei moved to a safe enough distance to come around and confront it, even though there was a pretty good chance he’d die. He felt compelled to save her. He could not stand idly by and let an innocent get killed. Sure enough, the beast had in fact, cornered its prey. It slowly moved forward, licking its lips at the sight of its next meal. The woman sat in the corner, terrified. Her body shivering at the sight of the beast. It moved its head closer, the icy white mask gleaming against the light. It came within inches of the woman’s face, opening its mouth to devour her whole. This is when Yusei figured it is best to act now if he waited for a second longer she may not be here. He picks up a slab of broken concrete off the ground and chucks it towards the creature with all of his might. The slab grazes the side of the creature's mask but harmlessly falls to the ground. The creature growled as its eyes darted towards Yusei’s direction. The woman managed to slip away by the distraction, the creature’s attention fully fixated on Yusei. “Well, I’ve gone and done it now.” He mutters. He tosses a few more broken slabs towards the creature’s white mask, each slab bouncing harmlessly towards the ground. The only thing it truly succeeded in was pissing the creature off more so. It wasn’t long before there were no more slabs in reach. A lump formed in Yusei’s throat. His body felt nearly frozen in place. He didn’t know what was going to happen. The creature’s arm rose upward, attempting to slash Yusei across his body. As prepared for the blow, he closes his eyes. “This is the end…

He instinctively places his hands upward in an attempt to deflect some of the blow. It’d be futile really but it was just instinct. He feels the blow connecting with his arm but yet, he feels little to no pain. He opened his eyes, surprised to see blue veins along his arm and a light blue bow comprised of energy in his left hand. Both he and the creature had similar looks of confusion on their faces as Yusei pushes backward, sending the beast flying. It crashes into the side of an adjacent building, leaving a bewildered Yusei staring. “What the hell is going on?” Yusei shouts as he clutches the bow. So you’ve finally awakened your powers.” A voice calls out to him. Yusei looks around before spotting a man sitting atop a light pole. He was dressed in black and seemed to have been watching the show for some time. With a smirk, he leaps off the pole, landing alongside Yusei with the greatest of ease. “What the hell is happening and who in the fuck are you?!?” “I suppose I should explain it. But first, you need to kill that hollow over there with your bow.” “Is that what that is? A hollow? How did I already know of its name?” The lumbering creature gets up and roars, getting ready to once again charge towards Yusei. Its footsteps echo as it picks up speed. “How the hell am I supposed to kill that then when slabs of literal concrete just grazed off the damned thing? Plus I have no damn arrows.” “That is no ordinary bow you have in your hands. Draw the bow back and imagine the arrow already there. When you kill it, and you can learn more.” The beast was closing in, mere seconds away from Yusei. Finding nothing else to do but go on his word, Yusei raises his bow upward and concentrates. Suddenly, a singular arrow comprised of the same blue energy as the bow appears, drawn back and ready to fire. Yusei, taken aback by the sight, quickly composes himself and aims at the center of the creature's mask. At the last second, he fires. The blue arrow rockets out from the bow and pierce the beast. It howls in pain as its body slumps to the ground, dead before it even hits the ground. His hands shook, his body trembled. What the hell just happened? As the now-deceased creature begins to deteriorate, Yusei turns towards the man, looking for some sort of answers as he motions for him to follow. “What the fuck?!

WC: 1,516

1,516/1,500 [Learned Blut Vene]

• Like 2

What the hell am I? Some kind of friggin alien? Yusei says as the man begins to walk away. What was that hollow and how do you know all of this?Isn’t that the question of the day? What you are is very simple. Nothing extraterrestrial about it for the most part. You are what’s called a Quincy. A human with powers and abilities far exceeding that of a normal human being.” Yusei could only laugh. This was perhaps the most ridiculous thing he’d ever heard in his life. Him, a being with such “magical powers”. It was laughable. Yet, through each chuckle, he could feel some truth behind his words. He could tell he wasn’t joking. Perhaps this was real after all. The laughing slowly stopped, the look on his face told the story. He wanted proof. If he had any idea of who he was, what he was, he needed to know. “Prove it. Show me that I’m this Quincy thing or whatever. Show me..” Before he could get out the rest of his sentence, the man pulled a dagger from his sleeve and attempted to embed it into his abdomen. To his utter surprise, the blade snapped off, clanking to the ground harmlessly. He glanced down towards his stomach and touched where the blade was to have penetrated. There were no marks, no wounds. “Impressed? That was Blut Vene. A Quincy technique. I'm impressed you were able to learn it subconsciously. Most take years before they are able to. Do you believe me now or should I arrange another demonstration?” Yusei nods his head in disbelief as he leans up against a wall, the mysterious man beginning on just what a Quincy is.

All of this is so new to me. I don’t quite know what to make of it.” Yusei replied after being quiet for some time. “You are taking it a lot better than I did. I puked when I first discovered it.” Yusei lifts his head up, seeing the mysterious man before him flash a quick smile. “Are you...” “Yup, I'm a Quincy as well. The name's Jin Tanahashi.” As he says this, he sees the man pull out a white cross necklace from underneath his shirt, letting it dangle in front of him. “That cross...my mother had a cross just like that. She wore it all the time before she passed. I think I still have it at home.” “Oh, that means your mom was probably a Quincy as well.” Yusei stops and thinks, wondering why neither of his parents shared this information with him. He wondered if this entire Quincy business had anything to do with his mother's passing or his father's disappearance. “So...what now?” Yusei manages to reply after a long pause. “Well, that's up to you. I can help train you if you'd like. Master those powers you have so you can better deal with what's coming.” Yusei shot a puzzled glance at Jin, obviously confused by his words. Jin picks up on this and chuckles to himself, forgetting to tell the entire situation. “Shit, I'm sorry. I forgot to mention it. You've heard what they've been reporting on the news right? All that jazz about 'He is coming'? Well, He is real and he actually is coming. His name is Tsukishima Higurashi and you actually just killed one of his subordinates.” Yusei jumps back, terrified by Jin's words. “You told me to attack him! What the hell?!?” “Don't worry. He won't have a grudge against you personally. If Higurashi has his way, you would have been dead anyway. Plus this was just a grunt, he won't know who did it...probably. Regardless, you need to be trained on how to use those powers. If not, it could spell death for you and everyone you care about. Don't fret, this isn't some anime. You aren't the key to winning the coming war and won't be the fabled hero of the world. Even if you master your powers, you'll likely never come close to him. To him, you will now and forever be a shit-stain. I've been honing my powers for years and I can't hold a candle to him. Training will just keep you around a little while longer. So what do you say? Go out like a bitch or go out fighting?” Jin extends his hand out to Yusei, flashing the same coy smile from before. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he felt that Jin's words were valid. Something big was coming and if he wanted to protect Ayumi, this might be the only way to do so. Sighing, he shakes Jin's hand, pulling himself up off against the wall. “If it means saving her, I'm willing to learn whatever I can about this Quincy business. My name is Yusei. Yusei Kinoshita.” Jin returns his handshake before his expression slowly changes from cheerfulness to confusion and amazement. “Hold up...You're THE Yusei Kinoshita?? The guy from Noir? I'm charging you for lessons. Two million yen per session. Non-negotiable.

WC: 843

• Like 2

Six Months Later

It had been a little over six months since Yusei had discovered his true origins as a Quincy. For the first couple of weeks, he remained in denial about the entire thing and ignored Jin's attempts to begin training. He assumed that he had simply just stressed himself out too much and hallucinated the entire ordeal. That was until he happened to find his mother's Quincy cross. Begrudgingly, he slowly began to accept the reality of it all and began to embrace it. He began to train on his own, quickly learning how to summon his bow on command. Due to Karakura Town teeming with hollow activity, Yusei sought this to be the perfect place to hone his skill, becoming a protector of sorts. Using his skills to kill the hollows tormenting the area. Every night, he'd inevitably run into a hollow. With each kill, his progress grew exponentially. After each battle, Yusei felt a weird sensation within him. A sense of exhilaration and wonder at the endless possibilities before him. He had a knack for this. His mind had wandered off, much to the chagrin of Ayumi. Shortly after his discovery, he revealed his origins to Ayumi. She, as most people would, believed it to be nothing but fairy tales. I'm sorry, you are a what? Kimchi? Honey, I can make you some food if you'd like? she said when he initially told her. She was skeptical and understandably so. That was, of course, until he showed her just what he could do. Afterward, the reality of it began to weigh on her as well but in time, she accepted it. Though she longed to be there with him during his training, they both knew it was too dangerous. To assuage her, Yusei decided to wear some reiatsu detecting equipment he developed so she could both help and track him. She'd be able to see who or what would be in the area and guide Yusei to or away from it if need be. She became the Oracle to his Batman in a manner of speaking. Tonight's activities were no different. Like with most nights, Yusei found himself riding his motorcycle down the streets of Karakura. The roar of the bike rattling the streets as he zooms by. “Yusei, I'm picking up a large source of reiatsu lingering in the area. The particles are moving around unpredictably as before. I believe this is our target. It's about a hundred feet away." “Got it,” Yusei replies as his bike slows to a stop.

He and Ayumi had been tracking this particular creature's reiatsu signature for the past few nights. However, each method he tried, each stealthy way he approached it, it always escaped. It must have had a precognitive special ability because he was never able to even pinpoint its exact location. As soon as he found even the slightest trace of it, it had already disappeared. Yusei had grown bored with the typical ho-hum hollows so this was a welcomed challenge. One way or another, he intended to find this source of spiritual pressure and deal with it quickly. A little ways away on the ground below, an abnormally large hollow made its way down the road. Watching the black hole it emerged from close, it gleefully walked forward. After a few steps, the creature falls flat on its face and lays there a few minutes before getting up. Deciding that it was growing hungry, the creature begins to search for a snack amid the night sky. I think I'll have some humans. Even better, I'll eat some women! Some of the women here will fill me up!” Tossing its hands up towards the sky, a wave of spiritual pressure brushed over it. Despite the revelation of Yusei's pressure drawing near, the creature was more focused on getting its meal. Regardless, it opened up another black hole and retreated inside, looking for another hunting ground. The Quincy punched a wall in frustration, a slight dent forming. “This is crazy. How in the hell is this thing disappearing and reappearing like this?!” For the umpteenth time in the last two hours, he had lost the trail of the source. This was ridiculous as there was no way something could be one place, then halfway across the city the next. “Honey...it's probably just best to call it for tonight. Maybe you'll have better luck when you go out for training tomorrow.” “Yeah...” he mumbles as he begins to head back towards his motorcycle. As soon as he nears the bike, he feels it. A stir of spiritual pressure around the central part of town. From that, a rapid decrease of spiritual pressure and a chill running down his spine. “Yusei...” "Yeah, I already know. This thing has taken another life. By the sudden drop of the spiritual pressure, it was a small group of people.” “I've intercepted some radio transmissions from the local authorities. Whatever this is, it's going after women and children. Ripping at their flesh or eating them whole.” Yusei narrowed his eyes as he contemplated on what exactly to do. There was only one true way to go about it, a way Yusei had no problem doing. There was a long silence between the two of them, Ayumi already knowing what Yusei intended to do. “I know I can't stop you. Just please be careful, this thing is extremely dangerous.” “You worry too much. I got this.” “You don't worry near enough.” Yusei cracks his knuckles and begins to concentrate, focusing his energy beneath his feet. Slowly, he begins to rise off the ground. It was a trick he saw Jin perform when they first saw each other. He began studying how to control his power and eventually stumbled across the technique himself. This would be its first field test. Smirking, Yusei darts off towards the spiritual signature, hiding within the shadows to mask his presence. It only took a short time, a clear testament to his incredible speed before he was in range.

This thing hasn't left yet. Maybe it hasn't noticed me yet, or it is still eating. Either way, I can't give up an opportunity like this.” Landing on a building a little ways away, Yusei finally spies his target. The creature slowly walks along the pavement, eventually reaching a streetlight, allowing Yusei to get a full glimpse of it. The creature appeared as an obese looking man with pale blonde hair. Armor like skin adorned him with circular lines emanate from his stomach and shoulders. Four dark teardrop marks are on each of his cheeks with two more around his belly. It smiles as it continues walking forward, blood dripping from its mouth. “They were great! A little stringy but still great! I wonder if there are more around here.” Yusei was silent for some time, examining the creature closely. He taps the earbud in his right ear and begins to speak. “Ayumi, you getting a good look at this?” “Yeah, what the hell is that?” “No fucking idea. It acts almost childlike. The pressure I feel from it is definitely hollow but there is something else mixed in. Feels like...a human?” he questions. “Do you think that it knows you are there and its acting like that to lead you into a false sense of security?” “What we are seeing is no act. It doesn't know that I am here currently. At any rate, I need to be careful with it.” In truth, this hybrid creature worried Yusei greatly. The spiritual pressure radiating from it was even greater than his own. Glancing back down towards the ground, Yusei looks to find the creature gone. “Dammit, it got away,” he said dryly. With a sigh, Yusei leaps down onto the ground to look for his target. Whether or not the creature knew of his presence didn't really matter anymore. He wanted to get this done and over with as quickly as possible. The Quincy looked everywhere but could not find the creature, though it was obvious he was still in the area. It was saturated with his spiritual pressure and seemed to be getting thicker. Taking a few steps forward, Yusei feels a chill down his spine. A feeling that could only be described as two daggers drawing down his back and an incredible sense of dread. Turning around, he is surprised to see the creature staring at him absently. His hand firmly in his mouth, drool coming from the sides. “Why are you here?” the creature says darkly. Before Yusei has time to react, the creature leaps towards Yusei with extended arms.

WC: 1,440

• Like 2

The creature's head slams into Yusei's chest sending him backward. Sliding back, the Quincy regains his footing as he sees the creature land on his face and lets out a chuckle. Gradually rising to its feet, it absentmindedly stares towards Yusei. “Do you happen to have any food? Maybe chocolate or even women?! Hopefully women!!!!” “As I assumed, it was more than just an act. This creature is really insane.” He gently rubs the spot on his chest where he had been rammed and glared at the creature. There was only a handful of times during these outings where he had been caught unaware, this, unfortunately, was one of them. He peered coldly at the creature, weighing all of his options. He could fight with it now and risk the chances of someone getting hurt. Another option would be to get away from the area and deal with it there. The creature seemed innocent and gullible enough to be lured away. The only real question would be were to lead it, and how to get rid of it. At this point in time, given the power it possessed, it would be dangerous to leave here. With its childlike nature, one violent episode could cause some serious damage. “There is local trail south of here that leads to an abandoned campsite. If I can lure him away to there I can deal that way.” Turning towards the creature, Yusei holds his hand up as a way of inviting him. “Actually I do have some women for you. Some very tasty ones at that. Why don't you follow me and I can show them off.” The creature pauses for a moment, placing its hand on its chin. Saliva drips from its mouth as it runs towards Yusei, the absentminded look in its eyes returning. Smirking, Yusei takes off and heads towards the trail, the creature in hot pursuit.

It didn't take long for the two of them to reach the aforementioned site, especially with the incredible speed the creature possessed. It was so fast, that Yusei himself surmised that it rivaled his own top speed. The two land on the ground, in a patchy area surrounded by trees. It was a good ten miles away from the outskirts of town, so no one would get hurt. “Where are the women?! I'm very hungry.” Peering off towards a nearby grove, he gestured with his finger. “They are over there. They should be getting ready for you. Why don't you go over there and greet them? I'll set up things over here for you to eat.” The creature squeal in delight as it scurries towards the area. As it passes the Quincy, he quickly summons his bow, aiming it at the back of its head. “I'll give him a mercy killing. I don't want to see his face when he does.” The creature busily looks for his dinner as Yusei solemnly lines up his sights, ready to fire. As the arrow cuts through the air, the creature disappears moments before the shot connects. “Meanie! That is NOT nice!” The creature appeared behind the billionaire, his fist coated with pink energy. “Dammit. It's attacking from behind. This is going to be more of a challenge than I thought.” Within seconds, the pink coated energy explodes from the creature's hand, darting towards Yusei's head. It was unrefined and unfocused given Yusei ample time to move accordingly. Yusei ducks underneath the attack, feeling the immense power from the attack pass his face. It crashes through tree after tree eventually creating a perfect row of knocked down trees. “What the hell was that attack? That was unlike any Cero I have ever seen them shoot.” The Quincy points his bow towards the creature once more, this time firing off a small volley of arrows towards it. The attack catches it off guard, hitting the creature directly in the chest. It flies backward, rolling across the ground before eventually regaining its footing. Clutching onto his bow, Yusei stares coldly at the childlike beast. The creature rubs the spot on its chest where the arrows hit, tilting its head to the side. “Ow!! That hurt. First, you lie about food now you hurt me? Now I really gonna mess you up!!” “Lovely. Looks like I pissed it off now. Perhaps this will provide me with good training experience.” As he says this, the creature uses its immense speed to dart towards Yusei, his fist coated in that same pink energy. Drawing closer, the creature disappeared, startling Yusei with its increased speed. “Shit...it's behind me.

Despite pinpointing where it was, Yusei could not turn around in time to block the attack. The pink coated fist dug deep into the Quincy's back before firing off. The sheer force from the attack sends him crashing into the trees off into the distance. His body acts like a rag-doll as it crashes through tree after tree, eventually landing on the ground. “Meanie! I told you I would hurt you! Now to find some food!!!!!” The creature lops off, continuing its absentminded search for food. Only a sharp slice could be heard as blood trickles down the creature's face. A gash appears as the source of that blood, the creature gently touching it. Its hands begin to quiver as it turns around to see Yusei standing in the clearing, bow drawn. I didn't want to try this out just yet. Especially against someone such as yourself. However, it seems you leave me with no choice. An immense and dangerous power such as yours needs to be stopped.” Upon saying this, blue reiatsu swirls around the Quincy, becoming more and more vibrant by the second. The ground begins to shake, rocks and dust kicking up around him. Trees sway back and forth as the reiatsu completely covers Yusei. With a powerful huff, the reiatsu bristles outward, Yusei's power increasing tremendously. “Let's go blimp.

WC: 987

987/1,500 Completed

• Like 2

The creature tilts it's head to the side and places a finger in its mouth, intrigued by Yusei's increase in power. “You stronger? How did that happen?” Yusei emerges through the trees, his Quincy bow primed and ready to fire. “How did it happen you say? Let me explain it a bit you may be able to understand it. I am what you would call a Quincy.” Drool seeps from the creature's mouth as it hungrily looks at Yusei. “Kimchi? Hmm, I wonder if you taste good. You might be even more delicious than the women!!! Come to think of it, you are so small and brittle like them! Yummy! Time for Kimchi!” With this, the creature charges towards Yusei, the same pink energy from before forming around its hands. As it nears Yusei's face, the Quincy disappears, leaving the creature to crash into the trees. Yusei reappears, hovering above the body, as a large amount of reiatsu slowly moves towards him. Bit by bit it forms, eventually creating a small wing of sorts on his back. A small volley near thirty arrows barrels outward, all raining down upon the creature. The creature screams out before crashing to the ground, Yusei landing nearby. Damn. Seems that thirty arrows are my limit. Glad I dealt with that thing but damn. That took everything out of me and then some. At least it is over with.” Turning to walk away, Yusei hears a low growl before quickly turning around. The creature lunges towards the Quincy, his speed nearly double what it originally was. Catching Yusei off guard, all the Quincy could see was a bright flash of white light before everything went blank.

Some time later, Yusei shakes his head, his eyes slowly beginning to open up. He glances at his surroundings, finding himself in a bed within a pure white room. As he looks, he remembers the last place he was, the forest in a fierce battle with the strange creature. His body tenses as he looks around for it, wondering just where it went. “Am I dead?” he mutters to himself as he eases himself off the bed. His body was sore with bandages wrapped tightly around his right arm. “I believe I can answer that question.” Yusei turns around to see a man standing behind him. An elderly gentleman who looked to be in his mid-fifties. He wore all black and clutched a silver tray at his side. “The young master retrieved you from the forest and brought you here. I patched up your wounds afterward. No need to be alarmed Master Kinoshita, you are safe.” Upon hearing this, Yusei tenses up a bit, curiously staring at the mysterious individual. “How do you know what I am? Just who are you?” “If you follow me, sir, the young master will explain everything to you.” Hesitant at first, Yusei reluctantly follows his mysterious benefactor, curious as to what he has to say. The two men walk down a large white corridor, eventually coming to an even larger dining room area. At the end of the long black table sat Jin with a newspaper in hand. He glances over the paper and spots Yusei, flashing him a grin before returning his gaze to the paper. “Hey! Take a seat. How are you doing buddy?” Yusei glares at his fellow Quincy before sitting down across from him. “Would you like something to drink or eat perhaps?” the man from before asks. “No,” Yusei says coldly, never directing his gaze from Jin. “Souji, can you bring two glasses of white wine, please. Could you also bring the rest of my dinner.” The man nods as he goes to fulfill the request, leaving the two men alone once more. “You have all of this and you have the nerve to ask about money?” “I could have more...” he says as Souji delivers the food and wine. Jin quickly begins tearing into the food, a small smile could be seen between each bite. “So...you got your ass kicked pretty badly. Looks like you got overconfident with your powers. I warned you, there are things out in this world that make that first hollow you killed seem like an infant. While that one isn't anywhere close to that, he is still more powerful than you. Had I not have saved you, who knows what could have happened to you. I'm charging you for that by the way.” Yusei is quiet as he stares at the black table in front of him. The truthfulness of his words stung. He had given it everything he had and it only served to piss the creature off. As he was currently, he would not be able to protect anyone. “I need to get stronger...for her sake and my own. Can you train me?” Gritting his teeth, Yusei slams his fist on the table in frustration, cracking it slightly with his strength. He feels a hand touch his shoulder as he glances up to see Jin standing next to him. “Of course. I told you I would earlier. Just been waiting for you to finally come to me. I'll even be nice and do the training for free. Least I can do for a fellow Quincy. We'll start right now. Let's go.” Jin begins to walk down the hall, ushering Yusei to follow. As they walk, Jin's voice rings out. “I am charging your ass for the table though.

WC: 909

1,896/1,500 [Learned Blut Arterie]

• Like 1

Yusei, where the hell are you? You disappear off the radar for hours and now you just up and call like everything is fine?! I'm getting tired of worrying if its going to be the last time I see you or not. I swear I'm going to have gray hair before I turn 30. I should kill you myself, you ass." Yusei chuckles a bit under his breath before reassuring he is alright. “I'm fine Ayumi, honestly. Try not to worry about me so much. You remember the other Quincy I told you about right? Jin? I've finally decided to take his offer and do some training. I need to get stronger for whatever is coming. I'll be fine though. If you want, you can kick my ass when I get back.” “Oh, you better believe I will! Worrying a girl like this all the time. Just.....be careful Yusei, I can't lose you again. I love you.” “I love you too, don't worry.” Yusei hangs up the phone and turns towards Jin who continues to drink his beverage with a smile on his face. “Ah, young love. It's such a beautiful thing. So innocent and pure. So...” As he attempts to get the last of his sentence out, an arrow pierces his drink. His pants are drenched in the cold beverage as he glances up towards Yusei who shoots him a cold glare as his bow dissipates. “Testy today aren't we? No matter, I suppose it is time to begin your training. I saw that you don't have any Gintō capsules with you. Are you well versed in using them?” Yusei replies in the negative as Jin sighs. Lazily, he lifts motions for Yusei to follow as he jams his hands into his pockets.

I can't say I'm surprised. You've done things very unconventionally since you've learned what you really are. You've completely forgone learning the basics. However, you have to learn how to use these natural Quincy talents to their full potential if you are ever going to make it in this world. As their name suggests, they are small silver tubes we Quincy use to store Reiryoku in. Reach into your pocket and pass me a Gintō capsule if you please. Don't worry about how it got there. I gave you a few when I found you out on your ass earlier.” With a snarl, Yusei reaches into his jacket pocket and tosses a capsule towards Jin. Placing his hands in a cross pattern, Jin's spiritual pressure begins to rise. Higher and higher it goes as he slowly begins to chant out a command. “Feel the wrath of battle and accept this sacred chalice, Heizen!” As soon as those words leave his lips, a transparent beam of rectangular energy flies outward, crashing into the wall adjacent towards them. Yusei stands wide-eyed at the display, seeing the true power of the Gintō capsules provided. “These spells represent the true potential that the Gintō capsules are capable of. This is the Quincy equivalent of the Shinigami and their Kidō. There are a few more spells that we can learn that far more powerful than the one I showed you. One day, you'll learn them all but for now, let's practice on something simple.” Jin turns and begins walking down a darkened corridor, lights flickering on as they walk. A still quietness accompanies them as they go deeper and deeper down the hall. Eventually, the two Quincy reach a large door, so large that it dwarfs the two of them in comparison. “This is my training room. It is an area completely blocked off by the outside world. It has soul-synthesized glass and soul-synthesized silver that completely blocks off reiatsu signatures. When you are inside this room, it is like you don't even exist. I warn you though, this training will not be easy. The Yusei Kinoshita that walks in this room will not be the same one that walks out. So I ask this only one time. Are you ready?” “What do you think?” Yusei says as Jin chuckles to himself. “Alright, just had to ask.” With ease, he pushes the large doors open as the two step inside the illuminating light.

WC: 704

• Like 2

Yusei and Jin step inside, revealing a large silver room. The room itself dwarfing anything in comparison to Yusei had ever seen before. A suspicious blue circle peers from overhead, showing the floors reflection inside. “This is my Training Room or Danger Room if you want to call it that. I'm a big comic book fan so I modeled it based on the X-Men's own Danger Room. Works just like it as well. I'm sure you can imagine the cost of building and installing this as well as outfitting it with Soul-synthesized silver and glass. A lot of hard work and effort but well worth it.” Yusei gives the room a once over look, silently admiring the handiwork. It was things like this that would amaze the technological part of his brain. His inner techno-geek was beginning to show but he knew that now was not the time for that. “It's an impressive room, I'll give you that much. Unfortunately, we have work to do.” “Ah...you are correct. It's time to begin. You will start out by learning the spell Gritz. When using Gritz, a human sized Quincy Cross will appear and envelope your target. Although, it has no other abilities, its binding properties will benefit you greatly. Some of the higher abilities take time in preparing. With Gritz, you can have all the time you need. 'A silver rod strikes the five-fingered stone bed.' That's the incantation, remember it.

Walking towards a console in the middle, Jin reaches in and pulls out several Gintō capsules. Tossing a few in Yusei's direction, he begins to type away at a keyboard. “During this training session, you'll only use your natural abilities. The Gintō capsules you have are filled with your reishi. Best to not ask how I got it. During battle, particularly the ones you will be engaged in after this is over, your own reishi will be a rarity. You will have to learn how to manipulate and control the reishi of other things in order to reach your full potential. The primary power of the Quincy is not reishi subjugation or reishi control but reishi dominance. To dominate the reishi in all possible ways. To have a deeper and more natural control over it than those fail-bring people that walk around. That is the true power of the Quincy and what you will learn once you leave these doors.” Yusei cracks his knuckles and removes his jacket, tossing it aside as he waits for the training to begin. “Eager as ever I see. Good, you'll need it in this first lesson.” With a press of a button, a small section of the floor begins to open up, something large beginning to rise. Within seconds, a cage appears from the hole with an all too familiar face peering from inside. “Kimchi!!!!!! I get to have my snack after all.” “Shit...this thing again?!” Jin smiles as he leaps upward through an open window at the top which quickly closes behind him. “You have exactly 10 minutes to learn and perform Gritz in order to subdue the target. I believe you are acquainted with your opponent for this lesson. Don't worry he will not kill you, that is if you finish the lesson within the time limit. I do hope you can come from this intact, he's quite hungry.” A large sound rings throughout the room as a time limit is plastered above the room. Yusei braces himself, quickly summoning his bow to his side. The door to the cage drops as the creature leaps out as pink energy envelopes it. With a child-like howl, it charges towards Yusei who readies himself. 

Quickly moving to the side, Yusei dodges the creature's initial charge, his heart pounding through his chest. A slight nick appears across his cheek, blood dripping freely from it. With his thumb, the Quincy wipes away the blood, flinging it away. “So it's gotten faster since the last time. No...it's finally using its true power. Damn, I need to go all out just to survive.” With a grunt, Yusei's spiritual pressure takes a dramatic increase. “Oh, it's this again? Last time I not ready but this time different. I eat you Kimchi” The creature charges towards Yusei with pink reiatsu swirling around its fist. “Not this time!” The Quincy points his bow towards the creature once more, this time firing off a small volley of arrows towards it. The attack catches it off guard, hitting the creature directly in the chest. It flies backwards, rolling across the ground before eventually regaining its footing. Clutching onto his bow, Yusei stares coldly at the child-like beast. The creature rubs the spot on its chest where the arrows hit, tilting its head to the side. “Pointy things hurt. Stop FIRING!” Ignoring the ignorant pleas, Yusei continues to fire off volley after volley of arrows, each one stronger than the next. The creature takes the majority of the attacks head on, cuts appearing all over its body. As the volley ends, the creature drops to its knees covering in blood. Bow in hand, Yusei reaches into his pocket and pulls out a Gintō capsule. “I suppose I should try out this binding attack now. I might be able to finish this little test quicker than expected.” Glancing up at the clock, he sees only three minutes have passed, before tossing the capsule towards the beast. Yusei places his hands in the same position as Jin did previously and prepared himself for the spell. The creature, finally coming back to its senses, glances up just in time to see the Gintō Capsule flying towards it. Opening its mouth, its teeth crushes down around the capsule, the reiatsu spilling down its throat. Pink reiatsu begins to spin violently around it as its wounds slowly heal. “What the hell just happened? There was no way that thing could heal after that.” “It was the reishi. Pure reishi such as that is a delicacy for beings such as him.” Yusei looks up at Jin talking from the room above, a sinister smile plastered on his face. “Hey hollow! His “pointy things” as you call them are created of the same energy as you just ate. They might be tasty.” “REALLY?! YUMMY!!!!!!!” The creature charges towards Yusei once again with renewed passion as the Quincy narrowly dodges. Evading the beast, he looks up and begins to shout at Jin. “Why in the hell would you tell him that? The fuck are you thinking?!” The mysterious Quincy smiles as he relaxes in his chair, before talking to Yusei once more. “We Quincy have to adapt to our surroundings as well as our opponents. If your main weapon is neutralized, you have have to find other means to defeat them. You have five minutes remaining. Good Luck.” Yusei runs back and begins to circle the beast as he prepares for an attack.

As long as I avoid that mouth of his I should be able to get a clear shot. While it's down I can perform the spell before it revives again.” Sliding back, Yusei charges towards the beast as blue lines appear along his arms. Using his superior speed, the Quincy appears in front of the beast delivering a powerful leaping uppercut to its chin. Putting all of his strength into the attack, he could feel the beast's chin break as they lifted off the ground. Smirking coyly, Yusei uses his speed again to appear above the now airborne hollow, delivering a spinning back kick to the top of its head. The sheer force from the attack sends the creature crashing to the ground below. “This feeling...” he thinks as he continues his assault. Deciding to put the second part of his plan into motion, he begins to pump his reiatsu towards his bow, his spiritual pressure spiking. His eyes take on a blueish-white hue as he aims directly at the creature's exposed back. The reiatsu forms near his back creating a small wing of sorts as he aims down the sights. With a roar, he releases the charged energy from his bow as it barrels towards its target. Just before the volley hits, the creature's spiritual pressure spikes. Suddenly, a large open mouth appears upon its back, sucking in each and every arrow. The Quincy stands horrified as it devours the arrows, the creature standing in delight. “YUMMY! Give me MORE!!!” “It has a second mouth? What the hell is this thing?” Before Yusei has time to formulate another plan, the supercharged creature speeds towards him, delivering a pink blast at point-blank range. The Quincy takes the full brunt of the attack, crashing down to the ground below. His Gintō capsules spill out on the ground as creature stalks its prey. “Yummy. Yummy. YUMMY. If the pointy things tasted that good, I can't wait to see how you taste!” Yusei tilts his head towards the approaching hollow, spying one of the capsules near one of its foot. “Twenty seconds remaining!” Yusei takes a deep breath as pain shoots throughout his body. “I've only got one shot at this. Have to make it count.” Slowly moving his hands into position he begins to recite the spell. “A silver rod strikes the five-fingered stone bed, Gritz!" The capsule under the hollow's foot explodes outward slowly creating a gray substance. The gray substance creeps out and begins to envelope the creature as it attempts to escape. "What this? Get this off me!" The substance etches further and further up the beasts body as it lets out a scream. Within seconds, the now man-sized Quincy Cross completely covers the hollow. “Impressive Yusei. And with only two seconds left to spare. You have begun to use your resources to your advantage. Gritz is a powerful spell in its own right but when used efficiently with your powers it can be quite devastating. At any rate, good job. Take a rest and relax a bit. We'll start the rest of the training later.” Yusei watches as the floor beneath the creature opens up, slowly sending him back down below. The Quincy takes another deep breath and glances upward towards Jin before falling down. It was the very first lesson and he already felt as if he was nearing death. All of this was necessary however if it meant getting stronger. As his mind began to drift, Yusei couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was off. Was this really how he was supposed to fight?

WC: 1,752

1,150 / 1,752 [Learned Gritz]

• Like 1