ChaosKaiz

Higher Learning

The Kido Corp Commander had made his way to the Academy with the sun breaking fresh over the horizon. His zanpakuto was strapped to his back, unlike his normal style of allowing to hover nearby, as he had to keep his spiritual pressure reduced to a much lower amount with the Academy Students all around. He had spent some time teaching a few classes from time to time, but today was different than the assisting that he would provide to the Academy. Today, Oriru was initiating the beginning of the Graduate Program at the Academy. A chance for those that have already left the Academy and joined the Kido Corps, Thirteen Court Guard Squads, or the Omnitsukido to return and learn advance skills to increase their chances at promotion during their down time. The idea was that people are capable of training themselves, but this will help them focus their training on their skills to accelerate their growth effectively. This would be the first year of the new Graduate program and today was the concept application for only a select few students that decided to sign up.

our tradition Japanese dojo personally I love to go in here to meditate, train, and more! (enter entrance, go upstairs, 2nd to last door on the left)

Oriru saw the room that he was expected to enter and took in the sight of the space. It was relatively early in the morning and not too many classes were taking place which allowed him to be granted a decent space for training. The notice was sent out to the Captain's of of each of the divisions to try and provide promising students from their squad to take place on the one day training with the Kido Corp Commander to get trained in various techniques and Oriru honestly did not expect many to show up the first day but he was still excited to get the process going for this graduate program to get started and today was all about proving the effectiveness of his training.

Zenaku had returned to his squad barracks but before he could even get in to his room, the 5th seat to his squad ran up to him and he could see that she had a letter in her hand and he started to wonder what she had that for. " Zenaku this here is for you, its a letter that has been signed off from both the captain and vice captain and so i was told to deliver this right to you." Reaching forward zenaku grabbed the note and as he opened it his mouth opened up as he read it, it would seem that the captain of the kido corps decided to have a one day training session for promising officers in squads all over soul society. " Thank you i guess i should head over so im not holding the captain up." Zenaku said as he handed the letter back then using flash step he vanished from where he was standing, he did not think that he would be back to the academy so soon but when he landed on the grounds of the school the first thing he did was search for the highest trace of spiritual pressure cause around here he knew all the other traces so he would just look for the ones that he did not know of. It was not long and zenaku had the captains signature so using flash step once more he arrived at the front of the class where he could feel the captain in side, opening up the school he walked in side the room and looked around. standing towards the center of the room was the captain, so he walked over to the captain" Hello i am Zenaku Shiba 10th seath from ssquad 10 reporting like the letter said." Zenaku said as he then took a seat and waited to see if any one else was gonna come in to this class.   

wc: 322

twc: 3,112

Kido Corps Commander Oriru Kusho had taken the time to really feel the room out and get a decent understanding of the room as best as he could, as it was important to him that he know the extent of what the room had to offer. This entire academy was a soft spot for the Kido Commander as he took a deep breath and smiled scanning some of the scrolls in the room before pulling out his notebook and reading over his own notes. After several minutes of going over his notes he recognize the time was approaching for the potential students to be arriving and prepared himself, still maintaining the minimal amount of spiritual pressure possible which meant he could not even tap into his Event Horizon passively without potential repercussions on the students outside of the hall. Eventually, however, the first student would arrive with his spiked red hair being the first noticeable feature about the young man. Following that was the scar that was over his right eye, which was not abnormal but it was a curious detail that the Commander had not recalled from the initial reading of the man's report. 

"Zenaku, head of the Shiba Clan if I recall accurately."

Oriru responded to the young man as he took a seated and not too long after a handful of students began to pile into the room equaling to just shy of twenty students. They all made their way into the room and Oriru motioned around the space to gather them in a circular formation around him at the center of the group. Once the collective seemed to have been spaced out in the room appropriately and it appeared that no one else was going to be arriving. "I believe this will be the entirety of the class for now. Other's may arrive later." He took a moment to spin slowly and acknowledge each of the students in the room, many of which he could recognize from their reports based on missions they have done while others are vague based entirely on the academy records of recent graduates. It was clear that most of the students were individuals who had been out of the Academy for a short time compared to most of the seated officers, which is what he expected as his student base. There were, however, at least two that have been out of the Academy for quite some time which was surprising and promising. 

"Welcome everyone to the Graduate Training Program here at the Spiritual Arts Academy. For those that do not know of me directly, I am the current Kido Corps Commander Oriru Kusho, former Lieutenant General under the current Captain Commander Xarius Kaeru. You have all been selected by recommendation of your respective leadership, be it Captain or Vice Captain if not both, and as such are considered some of the more promising new recruits to your divisions within the Thirteen Court Guard Squads." He nodded for a moment so that they could accept and acknowledge the fact the he highlighted the prestige that each person in the room just claimed, "As such you will all be a part of a this one day training program conducted by myself in the attempt to harness your current skills, expand on your other abilities, and potentially diminish the shortcomings you may have."

Another pause was given to be sure that each person was listening so that nothing would be missed, "My traditional approach towards today would have been to just provide reading materials and work through that, but that is my specialty and is not something that most other's like to utilize as their learning tool, which is no problem. So I will lean into the methods that were taught to me during my growth after the Academy. Before that, are there any questions for me?"

"What was it like working under Commander Kaeru?" One of the students inquired first.

"Honestly, probably the most rewarding and humbling experience of my existence. Working with him taught me new skills in Hakudo and Zanjutsu and it was through our training sessions that I was able to achieve my Bankai. Aside from that, he had become a friend to me but that is his nature in a way. As strict as he is and tough he seems, he has a kind heart and dedicates his time to provide individual attention for the members of his division and the Soul Society as a whole." With a smile he nodded to the student. "Any others?" There were a few questions about how to get promoted, Oriru's experience after the academy, and several attempts to learn what his Zanpakuto does or looks like but he would never reveal much about his Zanpakuto no matter how many times they would ask or change their wording. Once questions were provided and answered he would move forward with his plan.

"The methods I was taught after the academy was a forceful training, spent with seated officers with other divisions in between my hours of reading and studying. Some of my later training included the Captain of the Second Division, Shuu; Captain of the Fourth Division, Jecht; Captain of the Fifth Division, Hokori; as well as several other Captain's and their vice captains. That is because the number one rule to becoming better is to constantly challenge yourself. With that said, let's start of with a challenge much like Jecht offered me when I first asked him to train me. A spar." There was a low murmur with torn feelings as some were excited by the concept and other's were clearly nervous and hesitant. "Only after the spar will we dive into the deeper understanding of combat, skills, and even additional Kido techniques that are considered advanced level. So, who shall step up for the chance to challenge themselves?"

The captain seemed to already have a idea of who he was which made things even better, so while he was sitting he reached in to his kimono and pulled out a golden cigarette case and he grabbed a small white tube filled with tobacco as he placed it in his mouth. He putt that away then grabbed his silver bick lighter as he lighted up one of those little death sticks as he inhaled the smoke then blew it back out in a large puff of smoke that covered a 3 foot area. One by one students or other members of squad's started to gather in the class and before long about 20 of them showed up for the class. There might be more to come later on but the captain wanted to get things moving along so he called every one up and had them stand in a circle. Once they all gathered around the captain he started a speech that lasted a good bit but he ended it on a nice little bit as he said that there was gonna be a spar and asked the students or they should be students compared to a captain but no body came forth and said any thing. Zenaku was not dumb enough to know he would stand a chance but if he was asking small seated people from squads to a spar that meant he would at least be suppressing his spiritual pressure. So zenaku stepped forward as he blew out another puff of smoke as his silver eyes glistened though the smoke as he looked at the captain. " I guess if no body else is gonna step up i might as well get my balls moving." Zenaku said, he really did not like saying much or talking but some times he would just to show respect to people and for a captain he was his higher up so he must at least show the captain all the respect he could. Reaching down zenaku pulled out his zanpakto as he took a decent zanjutsu stance even tho kido was his better weapon of choice he did not think that unleashing a kido right off the bat was gonna help him any stamina wise against a captain level fighter so he would wait to see what this captain would do first.  

wc: 392

twc: 3,504

• Like 1

WC: 681

Kido Corps Commander issued the challenge which was more of a dedicated training for a single individual but the thought of facing the Captain seemed to be so daunting that not a single person initially stepped up. There was a disappointed sigh that slid from his lips as Oriru looked around the room seeing the faces of concern, fear, hesitation, and only a pair that seemed curious but not with a single ounce of desire to step forth. Compared to his comrades, it had not been that long since he was in the academy but he could recall that when it was provided a chance to face someone stronger than him he would avoid it avidly. However, after his graduation from the Academy Oriru became willing to take a challenge when provided even with the fear and concerns. These people before him were graduates of the academy and should not have developed such a concern for battling a stronger foe in training, especially as Oriru recalled shortly after becoming part of the the actually Thirteen Court Guard Squads he trained with Captain's almost regularly. 

From one of the students words finally were spoken and one accepting the opportunity to train with the Captain and Oriru turned to face the individual to lay eyes on the first student to arrive, "Delightful. The first proof of a leader is one willing to step forward when everyone else seems unable to do so." The praise was clear and direct but there was definitely the sting of criticism upon the rest of the students in attendance. The Captain pointed at the placement on the ground as he took a few steps to the side to generate a traditional space for combat before snapping his fingers of his right hand and the room shifted slightly generating a typical training mat used in most martial arts. "First, I will show you all one of my personal favorite Bakudo which will also assist in setting up the appropriate battle conditions. Bakudo Number 73 Tozansho." With the words spoken, four bright blue glowing lights formed above the pair as lines drew to connect them in a way creating a square just as each one caused a line to be formed from them towards the ground at an angle before appearing to stop. "The Inverted Mountain Crystal, capable of becoming a powerful barrier to protect as much as it is capable of containing something, or someone." With his final word the space between the drawn shapes was filled with a transparent blue light.

"The first training I received with a Captain was simple one, but the achieve it was not as simple. We are both contained within this decently sized barrier Shiba, Zenaku, and your task is to land one strike on me." The Captain removed his Zanpakuto from his back and held the handle of the blade although he kept it sheathed. "Do not be afraid to use your full power, best techniques, nor the edge of your blade and have no qualms with attempting to deal a lethal strike." [1] Oriru pulled a few pens from his pocket and threw one directly at the chest of Zenaku [2] followed by another one aimed at his forehead. After the first pair were launched he aligned another pair from his coat into his hands [3] launching one at the join of Zenaku's right shoulder [4] then the final pen at the left knee of Zenaku. Although they were just pens, they were thrown pretty hard and capable of doing some damage if they were not dealt with properly. 

----------

Statistical Values --> Sealed to 40% / Permanent Shikai600ND 
Spiritual Pressure - 168,000 (67,000) --> ND | (5,960)
Stamina 230 (92)
Speed | 200 (80)
Perception | 200 (80) 
Reiryoku | 230 (92) --> Speed 224 (89)
Strength | 138 (55--> Speed 150 (60)

Actions
[1] - Ballpoint Pen [Strength | 55] at Chest of Zenaku [Throwing Speed | 60]
[2] - Ballpoint Pen [Strength | 55] at Forehead of Zenaku [Throwing Speed | 60]
[3] - Ballpoint Pen [Strength | 55] at Right Shoulder Join of Zenaku [Throwing Speed | 60]
[4] - Ballpoint Pen [Strength | 55] at Left Knee of Zenaku [Throwing Speed | 60]

• Like 1

Zenaku stood up as he was still smoking on his caucasian cigarette and he heard the captain speak about fighting stronger people was seen as a leader, he would then use a very powerful kido that placed the two of them inside of a barrier  of some kind.  Zenaku was a reiyoku user his self and liked using kido so when he used the kido that he did not know yet he was jealous but he would ask the captain if he could teach him the kido after there spar. After that it would seem that the captain was ready for a fight as he went into a speech then he pulled out some palled point pens, zenaku was not sure what the captain was gonna do with those but he now saw what he was gonna do as he tossed the pens right at zenaku. Hadō #32: Ōkasen" Raising his arm zenaku fired off a wide arc of energy that managed to destroy all of the pens and the remaining energy went right for the captain, while the energy was heading for the captain he spoke a incantation for his next kido that was about to use.  "Carriage of thunder, bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six!" Zenaku would then land beside the captain on where he would move to or if he staid there and had his hand out in front of him to the right of him. Bakudō # 61: Rikujōkōrō" A flash of yellow energy could be seen as six rods of energy shot out and headed for the captain of the kido division but sense he was fighting at a much lower level for the spar there was a chance that this attack would land. Either way zenaku would make sure to put the captain in a bind so he would have to either lose by giving up or lose by going back on his word and using more of his power then he said he would and either case it was a win win case for him. 

wc: 348

Stats

Spoiler

Power:50 ( Reiyoku= 75) ( Strength=25)

Stamina: 60

speed: 53

perception: 60

ND: 3,445

Rei speed: 71

KIdo used:

Spoiler

Hadō #32: Ōkasen/Power: 72

Bakudō # 61: Rikujōkōrō"/Power: 131 Reiryoku

Oriru watched as the pens flew threw the air and was met with the force of a kido, Hado number thirty two, a familiar standard class technique. It was impressive to see a young student perform the technique without a single utterance of an incantation. "No incantation, well done Zenaku." As the technique approached Oriru could hear the words of Zenaku speaking an incantation of another spell. As the Okasen approached, Oriru removed another pen from his pocket but this one was a little more decorated than the others, an ornate pen from his administrative days. As he held the pen in his right hand, [1] the shifted the sheathed Zanpakuto with his left hand to meet the blast as his natural spiritual energy met the Okasen and dismantled the energy as Zenaku appeared next to the Captain with his hand ready. "Rikujōkōrō, familiar." The technique was a Bakudo, a specialty of the Captain, but the level of the technique had long since become obsolete to him. 

[2] The six rods of energy generated and launched at the Captain and struck him directly without an inch of movement or reaction but they simply dissolved upon touching his body evaporating into a black energy. [3] The captain pointed his pen at Zenaku and flicked it with all of his force towards the forehead of Zenaku with a small bit of revealed chain that was up his sleeve connected to the top of the pen. [4] As the pen flew threw the air exactly 100 black steel rods appeared right behind it firing ten at a time following Zenaku's movement with each wave. "Bakudo Number 62, Hyapporankan." [5] No matter how Zenaku reacted to the pen and Bakudo Oriru would whip the chain of the pen aiming to strike the ornate pen into the ribs of the young student [6] "Hado number 54, Haien" following the whip of the chain would be a purple orb of energy launching from the length of the chain following the pen aiming for his new position at his chest if he dodged the pen.

----------

Statistical Values --> Sealed to 40% / Permanent Shikai600ND 
Spiritual Pressure - 168,000 (67,000) --> ND | (5,960)
Stamina 230 (92)
Speed | 200 (80)
Perception | 200 (80) 
Reiryoku | 230 (92) --> Speed 224 (89)
Strength | 138 (55--> Speed 150 (60)

Actions
[1] - Full Block [Reiryoku | 92] vs Okasen [Reiryoku | 72]
[2] - Black Hole, Tank Class Perk [IronClad] vs Rikujōkōrō [Reiryoku | 131]
[3] - Attack Ballpoint Pen with Chain [Strength | 55] at Forhead of Zenaku [Throwing Speed | 60]
[4] - Attack Hyapporankan [Reiryoku | 132] at Zenaku [Reiryoku Speed | 89]
[5] - Attack Ballpoint Pen with Chain [Strength | 55] at Ribs of Zenaku [Throwing Speed | 60]
[6] - Attack Haien [Reiryoku | 124] at Chest of Zenaku [Reiryoku Speed | 89]