Mumen Writer

Battle Of The Degenerates

BATTLE OF THE DEGENERATES

On a chilling cold knight above the rooftops of Karakura, a cyan clad Masato followed the trail of an infamous hollow with haste. The mission of finding and eliminating this corrupted spirit was assigned by none other than his teacher Azami. The acts of stalking in the night and hunting dangerous predators were what he accepted when he agreed to learn under her. Normally he blindly followed and trusted the instructions of his mentors, but the details, and lack thereof, made Masato hesitate to immediately use lethal force on the victim of his pursuit. To any incapable of perceiving Reiatsu, the shadowy figure in Masato’s crosshairs was a normal human, but the Reiatsu signature and the booming technique it used to travel at blistering speeds were unmistakably those of a hollow.

Despite the hollow’s efforts, if he wanted to, Masato could catch up to him with ease. However, against the teachings of his Azami and his better judgement, the Fullbringer waited and observed for any signs of aggression from the fleeing hollow. In his head, Masato replayed his given instructions and the vagueness that came with them.

-2 days ago, after returning from his training-

Azami sat, legs crossed, on a sofa in their group’s warehouse. She smoked a cigarette through her right hand while resting her right elbow above the back of her left hand. She inhaled a large puff of her cigarette before exhaling to speak. “Listen up, since you’ve completed your Fullbring, I have the perfect mission for you. I misjudged a hollow and let him off the hook.”

“What do you mean? Since when did we let hollows live?”

Azami let out a heavy sigh and scratch her head in search for her next words, as they would seem contradictory to what her student, now boss, was led to believe. “This sounds strange, but there are innocent and well intentioned hollows out there. No spirit chooses to turn corrupt, and they don’t all consume other spirits. When I was babysitting Reina, I thought he was just a pitiful hollow, struggling to survive. ‘Had no Idea he was the worst of the worst.”

“What did he do to change your mind?”

“Uh, don’t worry about it. Trust me this guy is scum.” Azami replied before sharing the last known location of the target Masato was to eliminate.

-Back to present-

Masato lost his patience with his fleeing target.  Was this hollow harmless or a threat? After apprehending the runner, he would find out for himself. Fortunately the apprehension wouldn’t take long, as the opportunity to secure his prey’s footing came when the hollow leapt high to reach the next rooftop. Masato slowed his pace as he twisted his torso to the right and raised his right arm. He would then mimic a throwing motion with it, causing a wire like appendage to stretch from within his right sleeve. It quickly and precisely latched onto the leading leg the hollow intended to land on; stopping its jumping momentum in the process.

The fleeing figure’s sudden halt came before it swung backwards and into the brick wall off the building he had just jumped from. A tiny black blur fell from the suspect’s hoodie just before Masato raised him back onto the rooftop. Masato observed the body and was certain he was too late. The man before him was unconscious, and no longer produced the high Reiatsu signature he sensed before.

-2 days ago-

“He’s a parasite type. Small, scummy, pathetic, weaselly, ugly, gross, piece of shit. That’s it, A worm of shit is the best way I can describe him. He can possess humans and spirits to do his bidding. So be careful handling his host’s bodies, you don’t want to seriously injure innocent civilians. I should also mention that because of how pathetic he is, tracking his Reiatsu is virtually impossible. But once he possess a host, they will gain a huge boost in strength. Still, it shouldn’t be too much for you, as you are now.”

-Back to present-

“Crap.” Masato stooped to the head of the former host and checked his neck for a pulse. It wasn’t abnormal, and save for the bruises sustained from crashing into the wall, the man roughly in his mid-20s was unharmed. The Fullbringer sighed heavily with relief. He used the wrapping already around the man’s leg and increased its size to form a cocoon to carry him in. had it not been so late, he would’ve continued the pursuit. But giving the size and color of his target, searching dark alleys and corners would probably prove futile. Furthermore he had a certain repulsive employee, who was far better suited for finding well-hidden things in Karakura.

• Like 3

Layla invited Arthur to her office once again and he sat himself down comfortably,’A new mission?’ She nodded in response,’And a dangerous one at that. According to the reiatsu levels it is a Vasto Lorde.’ She said quite gravely as they both understood the implications of this. Arthur was able to kill an Adjuchas level Hollow on his own before, well he did receive minor help from Iris but he still did 95% of the workload so he counted that as by himself. However, a Vasto Lorde will be even stronger than that. He was not entirely confident that he would be able to kill it himself,’Tell me more.

Layla nodded and spoke,’Vasto Lorde class Hollows are the top of the Hollow race, excluding Arrancars which is an evolution of a Hollow. As you already noticed, Adjuchas class Hollows generally aren’t much bigger than normal human height while Vasto Lorde are normally human sized but still with Hollow features. The worrying part is that they are said to be even stronger than a Shinigami at Captain level.’ He could tell that she was concerned for him and Arthur wasn’t really keen on dying, especially after the recent events that he has been through. The reason he will be going alone is that everyone else was unavailable and naturally Layla had to stay here to look after the base.

However…’ she continued and he raised his eyebrows in interest,’What is it?’ She let out a sigh and showed him her monitor,’This one is a bit weird. Its signal disappears very fast, much too fast. It would be like entering the room and then leaving it straight away. It’s really hard to track.’ On her computer Layla had a software that was able to track down Hollows, or at least give their location and strength level. Apparently, it was something similar to what the Shinigami use but as it was hard to program only she had access to it. She re-winded the record to the previous night. He could see a dot flashing and moving about before it quickly disappeared but then it appeared again several hours later only to disappear just as fast.

This continued for some time but there didn’t seem to be a trend in the interval between its appearances,’What is it doing?’ She shook her head,’I can’t answer that.’ Obviously, this didn’t seem to be within the norm,’Any victims?' She couldn’t answer that either it seems as she shook her head,’There hasn’t been any news reports about any bodies found but a Vasto Lorde has much more intelligence than a normal Hollow so it must have some sort of purpose. Perhaps, this one emerges from a Garganta and takes its victim to Hueco Mundo to eat before coming back.

He got up from his seat,’Anything else you need to tell me?’ She smiled sympathetically,’I would like to but unfortunately I don’t have much to go on.’ They could theorise all night long and still not get anywhere so the best solution was to simply go and find out yourself. Arthur had some preparations to make beforehand, both physically and mentally. He quickly sent a message to both Iris and Alice telling them that he will be fighting. It was something that he started after his fight with the Adjuchas since Alice yelled at him for it.

So here he was, in the area it was last spotted but he didn’t really know what he was looking for. Since the system couldn’t pick up the Hollow’s reiatsu he wasn’t doing any better job trying to sense it himself. Perhaps that was the innate of the ability of the Hollow. The only thing he could do was to physically go street to street in hopes of finding a human sized Hollow, well maybe hope wasn’t the right word since he’d rather be at home in his own bed.

Obviously, this kind of footwork didn’t provide much in the way of results, so he was ready to give up. Besides, it wasn’t like he had to kill it today and could receive back up on a different day but at the same time what if there were victims? He didn’t want to be responsible for that number increasing because of his laziness.

Arthur kept up the search until he saw 2 people whizzing past him above. No normal humans would be able to easily jump between roofs and such long distances. However, from one of those people he felt a Hollow like reiatsu and the person chasing it also had a considerable reiatsu as well, but the flash of cyan most likely indicated another Fullbringer as Shinigami were known for wearing black kimono thingies.

He immediately gave chase by using Bringer Light and caught up to the two with a slight delay. When he got there, he saw a cyan cocoon covering the face of a man before being completed. The Hollow reiatsu couldn’t be sensed anymore and he was sure that the person was an ordinary human, an innocent human. Besides if it was a Hollow surely a battle would have lasted longer but there were no signs of battle and neither was there any blood spray.

For now, Arthur decided to give the Fullbringer the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn’t kill the man so he would ask,’Is he alright?’ However, he was still very careful of his actions as Layla told him about the conflict between different Fullbringer factions and so he didn’t know how this man would react. For all he knew, Arthur might end up in a similar cocoon.

Word Count: 935

• Like 4

Masato could feel the aura of a being who, at some point in his chase, began to follow him. Their Reiatsu too, was considerably high compared to the average human’s. Despite this, even with his back to them, the cyan clad Fullbringer did not feel threated by their arrival. Perhaps his over confidence was a byproduct of obtaining his Complete Fullbring, and the power that it came with.

He elected not to move or speak before his stalker did. When dealing with other potentially spiritually aware humans, Masato practiced caution in order to not overshare, or worse, overreact. It was only recently upon being promoted, that the hostile tensions between Fullbringer factions in Karakura was made known to him. And while he hadn’t any intentions to participate in their squabbles for dominance, he would protect himself and his employees from the others that sought to do them harm.

“Is he alright?” The now presumed male inquired, referring of course to the man Masato had wrapped in cyan cloth. His question conveyed his concern for the unconscious man, and swayed Masato to treat his new company as an ally, and fellow protector of Karakura. Besides, if he was ill intentioned and planned to attack, it would’ve been earlier when his target was more preoccupied.

Masato turned around to face the curious individual, making sure the uncovered and resting face of the man was clear to see. Looking up to his right in the direction of the cocooned civilian’s face, Masato replied with a hint of worry in his voice. “I’m not sure, do you know how to check for vitals?” as he answered the man’s question with one of his own, he unwrapped the body slowly while placing it gently on the cold ground between himself and the second stranger.

WC: 295

• Like 4

It was clear that this other Fullbringer was also cautious of him as he did not make any unnecessary movements or even speak until Arthur questioned him about the state of the victim. The man turned to face him, and he turned out to be young, maybe a bit younger than himself. He looked towards the cocoon and replied that he wasn’t able to tell with a voiced worry and instead asked him to do it, if he was qualified of course.

Arthur nodded,’I can check if he’s not in immediate danger, but I can’t give any treatment myself so his best chances would be an ambulance,’ he said and crouched to one knee in front of the cocoon. He got out his phone and turned on the flashlight to increase his visibility. The only reason he was able to do this was that Liz showed him how to do minor first aid and then there was also Iris whose experience as a medical student also taught him a few things. First, Arthur checked the man’s pulse which was normal for an unconscious person.

Then he raised the man’s eye lid and shone the light into it and the result was that the pupil constricted, meaning there was no brain damage. Next, he brought his ear to the man's nose and listened to his breathing, it was a bit shallow as he was unconscious, but he couldn’t hear any irregularities that would indicate lung damage either. Arthur also opened the man’s mouth to take a smell, but there were no signs of alcohol. He also noticed that there was bruising on the left side of his face but there was nothing he could do about that. Lastly, there were no traces of high reiatsu coming from the man, so he was simply your average Joe.

Concluding the examination, he got up and turned off the flashlight on his phone and put it back in his pocket. Arthur turned back to the Fullbringer, who he expected to call an ambulance in that time, and informed him of his analysis,’He doesn’t seem to be in immediate danger based on outward appearance and neither does he seem wounded too heavily. However, the impact which caused the bruising on his head might have caused internal bleeding, which I can’t solve.

If the Fullbringer was hesitant to call for an ambulance, Arthur would do it himself and give their current address and any other details. While they would wait, he would question the man further,’You were chasing a Hollow, but this guy is a normal human and not enough time passed between you stopping and me catching up to you for a fight to have happened. What happened?’ He had to know as if the Fullbringer didn’t kill it then a Vasto Lorde class Hollow was still out there and there may be more victims.

Word Count: 481

• Like 3

Masato’s mouth frowned as his eye brows raised with curious admiration of the stranger’s rush and commitment to checking for what he presumed to be minor bruises. He was doubtful the unconscious man had any serious injuries worth calling an ambulance, since he himself had assessed the former host’s condition and determined that the only thing he was currently in danger of, was perhaps freezing to death. In fact, the only reason Masato inquired about “checking vitals”, was to distract his unwanted company and leave him responsible for the sleeper. However seeing how serious the stranger took the medical examination planted seeds of doubt in Masato. “Did I overlook something?” he wondered to himself while awaiting the examiners conclusion.

The examiner stood straight before turning his mobile light off, signaling the completion of his task. Masato listened to his analysis intently. “Internal bleeding, just from that? We humans can be pretty fragile,” were the words he would’ve said had the stranger not continued with a statement that signified just how in the know he actually was. “You were chasing a Hollow…”

Masato’s nonchalant expression switched to a sterner one as the topic of Hollows was not one he took lightly. “That is correct, it was a hollow you saw me chasing. It hops from host to host like a parasite, leeching from their spiritual energy and being an overall nuisance. This poor guy,” he gestured with a slight nod of his head, “was his latest victim. Had he not jumped ship, I would’ve had him begging for forgiveness as we speak. You seem like a capable person but I would still practice caution. He’s small, and only noticeable once he’s already taken a host. ”

WC: 280

• Like 3

The other Fullbringer watched Arthur perform his medical examination but did not seem to make further moves, whether positive or negative. This also included not calling for an ambulance. Despite his previous concerned tone perhaps he did not care that much. Arthur could not say that he was surprised about this as not many people were willing to help a complete stranger. However, protecting citizens was just as much his responsibility as killing Hollows. That’s what it means to be part of Duality. To fight for those who can’t fight themselves. Besides, his moral compass didn’t allow him to leave someone just like that.

With the examination finished, before putting away the phone into his pocket he quickly called for an ambulance and then approached the stranger to tell him of the result and question him about the Hollow. He confirmed Arthur’s suspicions and shed some light on the situation as well. This Hollow was apparently a parasite which jumped from host to host which adds up with the info he was given from Layla’s briefing. This explained why he was so hard to track and why the signal would irregularly disappear and appear. However, the Fullbringer’s next comment did not add up with his current theory.

Vasto Lorde class Hollow’s were supposed to be human sized but from his description it seemed to be much smaller than that. Perhaps, because of its parasitic nature it did not grow properly? Either way, with this Hollow being able to take control of living humans it was definitely an abnormal one. Though he could not say that he saw every type of Hollow out there, but the ability itself was definitely a rare one.

Arthur thought about what his next action should be and came to a decision,’It seems that we are after the same Hollow then. I do not mind which one of us kills it as long as the job gets done, but like you said this guy is a slippery one. How about we join forces? If we split up, we can cover more ground and if one of us finds it first send a signal to let the other know. Deal?

He put out his hand for a handshake and awaited the Fullbringer’s decision. If he agreed, he would speak,’You can go ahead and start. I’ll pass this guy to the ambulance and start searching as well,’ he pointed at the unconscious man as he said so. If he declined, as long as he wasn’t hostile towards him Arthur wouldn’t keep him here either and let him get on with his search as it was in their best interest to get rid of this Hollow.

Word Count: 447

• Like 3

What were the chances? Of all the people and hollows in Karakura, Masato’s new acquaintance shared the same mission as himself. Furthermore, he extended his right hand out before proposing an alliance to better search and destroy their common target. Due recently returning from his training and the acceleration of his team’s search for the Quarterer, Masato treated the extermination of this pesky hollow with very low priority; especially considering that it hadn’t to Masato’s knowledge, killed or even seriously injured anyone. With that said, his time could’ve been spent much better on other things, so he accepted the proposal under the mentioned premise that it would save them time.  

“Deal.” Masato replied resolutely while firmly returning the handshake. “I go by Hizorashi Masato. You can use just Masato if you want. I don’t mind.” Masato added upon releasing his grip of the stranger’s hand. He would then find his smart phone in his coat’s left pocket and begin the process of sharing his contact information. With his face illuminated by his mobile’s screen light, his new partner stated his intentions to help with the search after the arrival of the ambulance he just called. Masato however, did not plan on searching anymore that night. The information on the whereabouts of the hollow he was tasked with eliminating seemed credible based on this first encounter. The cyan clad Fullbringer decided to seek the help of that degenerate again, to quell Karakura of its new pest.

“I can’t find anything that small at night. Especially if it’s intentionally hiding. You’re welcome to try, but I know someone who’s cut out for finding things. ‘If it’s in Karakura, she can find it,’ or so I’ve been told. I’ll be collecting intel, and keeping you updated on whatever I find. I trust you’ll do the same.”    

WC: 305

• Like 3

The other Fullbringer didn’t take long to think over Arthur’s deal as he shook his hand in acceptance and introduced himself as Hizorashi Masato. He did likewise,’I’m Arthur Wright. Arthur is fine as well, no need for honorifics.’ As they needed a way to contact each other they also exchanged their contact information and saved it in their phones.

However, Masato said that he would not be continuing the search tonight, but he knew someone that was better for the job which should increase their chances,’Alright, you do that. I’ll search a bit more tonight to see if I can’t find anything. I’ll keep in touch.’ He let Masato leave when he felt ready and Arthur simply bided his time until the ambulance was near. He could hear the siren from a good distance away due to his hearing which he could improve if he focused on it. Another trait which reminded him that his perception was in fact, better than normal humans.

He took the unconscious man over his shoulder and jumped down to street level to lay him down on the pavement before returning to the rooftop before the ambulance arrived. It would be likely that they would question him about what happened to him and he didn’t want or need to be a part of that. His safety has been guaranteed and he could continue his search.

Arthur reached for his phone and called Layla and it was clear that she was waiting for news as she picked up quickly,’Did you find it?’ He shook his head though she couldn’t see it,’No, but I was able to get some intel, but I’ll fill you in later on that. Tell me, do you see the Hollow’s signal? I need to know which area to search more thoroughly.

Layla went silent for a few moments, no doubt to check the software, and then spoke,’No, it’s not there at the moment.’ He let out a sigh,’Alright, keep monitoring it and call me immediately if it appears. I’ll let you know when I’m done for the night.’ He hanged up and took a few moments to collect his thoughts. If the Hollow was small, looking from rooftops may not be a good idea as he might miss it. Furthermore, it can take control of normal people to blend in with the environment making it even harder to find. Like Masato said, if it didn’t want to be found then perhaps it may be too hard.

However, when Masato was chasing it, he was clearly able to sense its reiatsu. Why? When it possesses a human, it is most likely able to supress its reiatsu so that it isn’t picked up by the software. Maybe it isn’t actually skilled at supressing reiatsu so when it gets distracted then it can be sensed? In any case, he now had to check humans as well, but what was the best way to weed out this Hollow? Arthur assumed that even though it was able to take control of bodies, it wasn’t likely that it could take control of memories as well. Therefore, it wouldn’t be well versed in information about Karakura.

He came down to ground level and kept roaming the streets and any time he passed by a person he would ask them for directions, asking them for specific streets on the other side of the area. People who were walking around at this time were likely latecomers home so they should know the area. If they weren’t able to answer his questions, then it was possible that it was the Hollow. Furthermore, this Hollow may have seen Masato but not Arthur so it wouldn’t be on guard against him.

Unfortunately, that didn’t happen, and he didn’t have any leads to go on. As it was late, he decided to call it a night. From his medical examination it didn’t indicate that the possession itself was harmful to the person but maybe the longer the Hollow was in control the more harmful it was. He could not confirm this and hoped that the Hollow instead chose to run away instead of possessing someone. He messaged Masato about his unfruitful results and headed home.

Word Count: 700

• Like 3

On the night he failed his first attempt at catching a certain infamous hollow, Masato’s last objective before getting rest was relocating his target for the morrow. He had spoken to Arthur with great confidence in his subordinate Shizuka, and her capabilities in intel gathering. However useful and crucial as she was to his company’s operations, Masato disliked her the most. His horrible first impression of her made him reluctant to ever seek her help. But it was her help that brought him closer to the Quarterer. In order to fulfil his goal, he would somehow need to keep her employed, tolerate her perversions, and occasionally ass kiss. On this very night, the ass kissing wasn’t necessary as Shizuka wanted the parasite Hollow exterminated even more so than Azami. 
With heavy strides and an expression twisted with frustration, Masato reluctantly found himself on the rooftop of Karakura High School. The chilling breezes of the winter night whistled on as he stood stationary in front of the door between himself and the school's highest staircase. He contemplated his decision and for a brief moment, almost quit his mission. But his promise to Arthur and the potentially negative consequences of letting the wrong Hollow live compelled Masato to proceed. Showing his utmost restraint, Masato quickly flicked the locked metal door open, breaking only the lock and handle in the process. 
He took his time and cursed his own fate while making his way to the female student’s restroom. Giving Shizuka’s abilities, Masato was certain that from the moment he parted with Arthur, she was aware of his sudden visit. So why hadn’t she taken him in? Now inside the girl’s bathroom, Masato made sure to flatter her with complements as he called for her name, “Oi, filthy bitch! Don’t make me wait in here!”
From every direction of the bathroom walls, a disembodied nasally voice of a women replied, “What’s the magic wooord?”
“I’m calling the cops.”
“Seito-kun wouldn’t let me go to prison.”
“He answers to me now. Remember?”
“… You’re no fun”
just as she finished replying, the cold marble tiles of the bathroom’s floor morphed into a wide open mouth, in which Masato found himself standing atop its red tongue. The mouth would then rise and close as it twisted counterclockwise. As the perfectly ‘C’ curved pairs of teeth collided, they made an audible clock sound. Now that Masato was completely consumed, the jaw morphed back into the floor it was made from. Leaving no traces of it’s existence or Masato’s. 

The black jaws that swallowed Masato would reappear in the same twisting manner of their inception, only reversing the clockwise to counterclockwise pattern. As its teeth parted, an unscathed and unfazed Masato looked forward to the back of the much despised Shizuka. She sat in front of at least 20 different monitors, the blue light they emitted reflected greatly in her large round glasses. Hunched forward with her face buried into her monitors, Shizuka would be the first to break the silence as Masato approached her. “Watch your step please; you’ll disorganize my material.”
Masato stopped in his steps and looked down to notice the stacks of erotic yaoi and yuri doujinshi manga. “What the fucks your problem?” he asked before kicking a clear path for himself to walk through. He knew there was no valid excuse to justify her degeneracy, so he didn’t expect one. However that didn’t stop Shizuka from trying, “when I was young and innocent-“
“Shut the fuck up and tell me where he is!”
“ok, but you asked.”
Shizuka sighed lowly before her eyelids shot wide open, exposing her glowing green pupils, which were normally dark brown. The pacing of her fingers increased drastically as she operated three separate keyboards simultaneously. The tapping sounds of her keys would come so rapidly that they eventually combined to form a consistent fluttering sound. Along with the incredible typing speed, the group of blue monitors of various sizes began to shift and exchange places. As she searched her ‘eyes’ located all throughout Karakura, Masato hadn’t bothered keeping up with her. For all her horrible qualities, Shizuka was gifted with a brain naturally adept at multitasking and storing information. Couple this with her Fullbring and she was second to none for the task Masato gave her. If only she didn’t use her gifts to also perv on Karakura High School’s students. 
After approximately 20 seconds, Shizuka suddenly stopped typing and sat back into her chair whilst her eyes regained their brown hue. “I found where he’s been hiding the most, but not his exact location. You’re gonna have to scout him out again. Can you not fail this time? He’s probably out there eating cute girls as we speak.” 
"wha-" Masato took some deep breaths as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his right thumb and index finger. A habit he often did when trying to be patient. Before he could reply to Shizuka’s remarks, the vibration of his phone could be heard and felt from his left pocket. Not surprisingly, it was a call from Arthur. Unfortunately he had no luck in his search, but it was to be expected. “Don’t stress over it. We managed to narrow it down to~…” Masato stalled his sentence and awaited for Shizuka to fill in the gap of his knowledge. She made a ‘two’ gesture with her fingers. “Two places. We can meet up tomorrow and plan a strategy. Got any suggestions for a location... alright I’ll see you there, bye.” With that he hung up the call and began retracing his steps to the area he entered Shizuka’s room from.
“Where to?”  Shizuka asked, finally bothering to turn and look at Masato. 
He replied while also turning to face her. “My apartment.”
“Can you tell Azami-Sama I love her?”
His eyes halved at her stupid request. “She has a boyfriend. You know this.” 
she shrugged, “it was worth the try.”
The ground beneath Masato began to morph again, in a similar fashion as previous. He waited patiently to time his final remark… “Clean up this shithole.” He ordered as within a split second, the jaw rotated and swallowed him in to the ground and out to his apartment. 

WC: 1040

Edited by Mumen Writer
  • Like 3

Despite Arthur’s failed search yesterday, Masato had informed him that they narrowed down the Hollow’s location to two places which was already an amazing result. To be able to find a tiny Hollow that wasn’t easily detected in Karakura Town really was an impressive feat. It made him wonder what kind of technology they had access to in order to pull of something like that, but that was beside the point.

The next day, he went to work as normal as they wouldn’t be meeting up until evening so there was no reason not to. However, he tried to do some research on what the best way to get rid of a parasite was. A quick Google search got him results which said to use herbs like goldenseal, wormwood or even garlic. Unfortunately, he wasn’t hunting Dracula this time around so he doubted that any of those would work.

He once again got in touch with Layla for any professional advice but unfortunately, she didn’t have any. Next, he tried calling William as he was another senior person with a lot of experience, but this didn’t yield any results either. It didn’t seem like anyone in Duality had any experience in dealing with parasites, so he really was on his own in this one. Masato seemed to have quite a bit of information about this Hollow, but Arthur wanted to pull his weight as well.

What would work against a parasite? He tried to think quite literally about the problem. If its biggest strength was being able to take control of people’s bodies why don’t they get rid of that advantage? If they cornered it in an abandoned area with no people, then it’s chances of escaping should be minimal when up against the two of them.

Secondly, he didn’t exactly know how this possession looked like but if it was anyway visible then that would be the spot to aim for. It would minimise any harm to the victim and the Hollow would most likely have to separate after taking enough damage. It wasn’t much to go on and Masato probably thought about this much on his own, but Arthur really was limited in his information gathering so there was not much he could contribute.

After work was done, he went home to change his clothes and then headed to Alice’s café as that is where he agreed to meet Masato. He put out his cigarette before entering and then walked inside. Upon looking around, he didn’t see any sign of Masato, so it meant that he was early. He didn’t really mind waiting as this was his own territory, so he went behind the counter, greeted the employees and got himself a glass of water along with sandwiches.

Alice didn’t seem to be here at the moment so he let her be and besides he already informed her that it wasn’t over yet and his hunt would be continuing today. He sat down at the empty table and started eating his sandwiches while browsing his phone. At first, he checked for any messages but upon not seeing any he decided to browse through some other stuff like news though his interest in it was limited so he also kept on the lookout for Masato entering.

Word Count: 547

• Like 3

Masato walked along the sidewalk, occasionally dodging the few strangers that blocked his path. The streets weren’t very busy, which was understandable given the location and time Arthur arranged their meeting. With his smart phone in his right hand, he used its GPS and quick glances to the surrounding signs to locate a specific Café.  Upon finding the title he searched for, Masato exhaled, “ah!” as his walking came to a halt. Suddenly his back was met with a gentle push from what her presumed to be a stranger he had just “break checked”. “hey, watch it!” was the middle aged woman’s kneejerk reaction to the sudden cyan obstruction to her path. The Fullbringer quickly turned to her and bowed apologetically. “Forgive me, I didn’t mean to-" “Kids these days think they can do whatever they...“as she berated Masato, he raised his head from the bow to finally reveal his face. “Oh gosh, there’s no need to apologize. Handsome men like yourself are allowed a few mistakes. I was simply worried the sharp toning of those back muscles might’ve cut my young and supple skin.” The women blinked repeatedly while fixing her hair bangs above her ears and blushing. Masato was uncomfortable and unresponsive to the woman’s attempts to allure him. “Oh I just remembered, I needed to cross here. Wont you be a gentleman and escort me?” she continued desperately. “Uh” Masato looked both ways down the barren road she claimed was necessary for her to cross. He then looked at her, practically drooling at his biceps, and sighed heavily. “C’mon”, he invited, turning and extended his left arm out, bent like an “L”, for her to grab on. Of course, she accepted gleefully "thank you". They crossed the road together with her right arm locked in his left, though she enjoyed the experience, she also regretted it was only a 2 lane street. As soon as her foot connected with the sidewalk, Masato unhooked his left arm and with his maximum speed, blitzed to the entrance of the Café he intended to meet Arthur in.

Opening its door sounded a jingle bell throughout the cafe, alerting all that could hear of his entrance. The first thing he noticed was the glass mirrors that gave a clear view of where his interaction with that middle aged women took place. Secondly, he noticed Arthur who sat by his lonesome with a tray of food. A feeling of embarrassment came over him as he pondered if his new ally bore witness to that ordeal. Part of him wished to turn away, but his better judgment convinced him to do otherwise. “Good evening.” he exclaimed to the inhabitants of the Café, but more specifically to Arthur, as he approached the table his partner sat at. “' hope your wait wasn't long.”

WC: 470

Edited by Mumen Writer
  • Like 3

As Arthur waited, he kept browsing and eating his sandwich to pass the time. He was seated directly opposite the entrance so he had a clear view of what was going outside though that didn’t mean he could see everything. However, if he focused hard enough on the glass mirrors of the café it would expand his field of vision. He wasn’t that desperate, so he didn’t check them very often though, but soon after he finished his first sandwich Arthur noticed a cyan colour being reflected in the mirrors.

He remembered Masato wearing a coat with the same colour which seemed to be linked to his Fullbring, so Arthur focused on that scene. He saw a woman who was a bit too excited to see Masato, but he ‘assisted’ her anyway and then bolted. He wanted to laugh but decided to keep it professional and decided he wouldn’t mention it. Just a few moments later, the Fullbringer entered the café greeting everyone and then he approached Arthur and apologised for making him wait,’I don’t mind. Can’t fight on an empty stomach anyway. Do you want something to eat as well? I work here so it’s for free. This is a part of preparation as well.

If Masato did want something, then Arthur would go behind the counter and get him whatever he wanted but if not, he would simply get to the main point,’So what are the two locations?’ They came here on business after all and besides he still wasn’t sure if he could fully trust Masato, so he didn’t want to be overly friendly, but he was still polite. While at it he also presented his side of progress,’Unfortunately, I don’t have any useful intel. I tried asking around in my faction, but no one has experience fighting parasites. However, I reckon that if we can corner it into a closed space with no people around, we have a good chance of killing it before it escapes. You probably thought of that already though,’ he said feeling a bit bad about coming empty handed.

Word Count: 347

• Like 3

“So he didn’t see that? Good.” Masato thought as he adjusted his chair before sitting. Arthur was more than polite in stating he didn’t mind Masato’s lateness. In fact, he appeared to be enjoying a meal of sandwiches in his wait. “Can’t fight on an empty stomach anyway. Would you want something to eat as well?” He chuckled at the first remark from Arthur, as he himself disagreed with the philosophy. When working, Masato found an increase in clear headedness on an empty stomach, which was especially helpful for more mentally strenuous tasks. But he wasn’t so socially inept to sit and uncomfortably watch his host eat. Rather, he chose something small and convenient he could essentially nibble on, and quickly finish as soon as Arthur completed his own meal, and prepared to go hunting. “I’ll have a chocolate bar and some water, thanks.”

Arthur left and quickly returned with Masato’s request, a Snickers and bottle of water. Though food was present and mouths were in the midst of being fed, Arthur cut straight to the chase, exuding his eagerness to complete the task they both were set on. “So what are the two locations?”

Masato finished the sip of water he was taking and placed the bottle atop the glass table before replying. “He’s been sighted most around an abandoned shrine north of the Zenpukuji River and a small park roughly 1.5kms away from it, opposite of the river. Considering its valentines, I would expect that park to be more crowded than usual. It’s funny that you mention cornering and killing him. I observed this hollow and have yet to determine if he poses threat. If you ask me—“Masato paused as he took a bite from his snickers and briefly chewed. “A Crowded park of unsuspecting humans, perfect chance to find out.” He slouched forward with a grin before whispering that last sentence through his cupped right hand. 

WC: 300

Edited by Mumen Writer
  • Like 3

With both of them having some sort of food in front of them, the conversation continued as Masato told Arthur his findings. Unfortunately, one of the two locations this Hollow frequents turned out to be in a park which was the opposite of what he wanted. However, it did not exactly come as a surprise either as it was a prime location for a small parasite to prowl about.

Masato went on further to say that they did not even know if he posed an actual threat. While it was true that they haven’t seen any concrete damage done yet, but Arthur wasn’t the type that would endanger others, so he spoke out against this,’We don’t know its true intentions. As we’ve seen it definitely wants to keep a low profile so perhaps it’s avoiding doing any damage on purpose. What if it’s searching? Searching for someone strong like me or you to possess and wreak havoc? With our bodies this is a risk I can’t take.

Since this particular Hollow was hard to detect, it is doubtful that the Shinigami were aware of it and much less that one was actively searching for it. That’s why it probably had no luck at finding someone strong and had to make do with normal humans. Until the two of them came along. Furthermore, what is the coincidence that two separate Fullbring factions are after the same Hollow? There had to be something more to it that they hadn’t seen yet. He started on his second sandwich as he was thinking through this,’Let’s do it like we agreed. I’ll go to the park and you go to the shrine?

Word Count: 277

• Like 3

Based on Arthur’s response, Masato could tell what he intended to be a joke, wasn’t perceived so by his partner. In Arthur’s defense, they had not known each other for long; so distinguishing sincerity from jesting was expectedly difficult. On the off chase Masato meant what he said, and was ok with putting innocents in harm’s way as a test of character for a hollow, Arthur’s reply was appropriate, if not, too lenient.

“Yeah, that hasn’t changed. Our searches will start roughly 20Km from the midpoint of the park and shrine, and we’ll slowly cover that ground until we reach our respective landmarks. He shouldn’t be strong enough to make it through me or you, leaving his only escape route to be across the river, where he will be intercepted by the other. I have some third party help blocking both sides of the river in case he tries to escape down or upstream.” Masato paused as his expression grew stern. “Lastly, this case has a lot of unanswered questions I’d like to get to the bottom of. My first priority is to capture. I’ll be suppressing my ‘pressure’ as to not scare him off. You may have other plans in mind so I won’t tell you what to do, but the level of importance in killing this shitty Hollow seems disproportionate to his actual misdeeds, if he even has any. ‘Just something to consider.”  

WC: 235

• Like 3

Arthur listened as Masato outlined a more detailed version of their plan. They would start from the same point but split up from there until they reached their areas and he was assured that escape via the river wouldn’t be possible as he had someone else covering that. Things would certainly be easier with more people so extra hands were appreciated. Lastly, the Fullbringer became serious and told him that he wanted to question the Hollow if possible. Arthur addressed this as well,’I’ll see what I can do. Either way, I too will be acting discreetly. This is our chance to get him, so I don’t want to ruin it. Besides, I don’t like running in without a plan.

They at least agreed on that point and their plan was also confirmed so Arthur quickly finished his sandwich and the two of them left. They will be searching a wide area and it was also quite a walk to get there and neither of them had a car so all of this will be covered on foot. It only meant that a chance for an early finish was very unlikely.

They did not have much in the way of conversation during the walk as they were still pretty much strangers, but it did not seem like they were on guard against each other which was good enough to cooperate. Before they split up, Arthur asked just to make sure,’Any other intel I should know?’ He didn’t really expect much since if it was important then Masato would already have told him about it.

Either way, their searches began as Arthur split off from Masato and would first check out his part of town before going to the park. Like Masato said, he could see couples everywhere going to fancy restaurants all dressed up and stuff. It made him sigh as he thought about himself. Iris was alone at home worrying about his safety while he was out hunting for a parasite,’What a way to spend Valentines.

Thinking about it, he decided to call Iris and once she picked up, he spoke,’Sorry, looks like it will be a long one, so I’ll be back late. Don’t wait for me with dinner.’ Her voice was a bit concerned,’Alright, just come back safely.’ He was planning on that,’I’ll make sure to get this sorted today so that we can have some quality tomorrow.’ She responded,’Yea, I’m looking forward to it,’ with a lighter voice which indicated that she was smiling.

They ended their call there, but Arthur did not lose his focus for even a moment. His reiatsu was supressed and he was blending into the environment by casually taking a stroll, though the pace was a bit slower than he liked Arthur was not the impatient type. As he was doing this, he was looking at every single person that he could see to check for any weird behaviours or any traces of Hollow reiatsu. He remembered the reiatsu signature of the Hollow from when Masato was chasing it, so Arthur knew what he was looking for.

He walked through every street and looked into every store though he did not see or feel anything abnormal so now he began heading towards the park as that was the main area. He also started thinking of what he would do once he actually found the Hollow. If he was seen attacking a normal person in public for no reason it could end quite badly for him, especially with so many people around. Probably, trapping it in the river was his best as it wouldn’t be able to escape, and it would get him less attention. However, not everything always went according to plan he thought as he took his first step into the park.

Word Count: 631

• Like 3

Dusk

Masato and Arthur elected to walk together until it came time for them to split. Despite this, few words were exchanged throughout their short journey, leading Masato to wonder was traveling together at all necessary. The time to part was about when Arthur broke the silence with a question. “Any other intel I should know?” Masato wasn’t sure why, but the question felt slightly accusatory, as if he had been intentionally hiding something from his partner. Thankfully his nature was such, that he chose to interpret Arthur's question and its intent most charitably. (I guess I could’ve forgotten something.) Masato pondered with a prolonged pause, searching deep for any potentially important information or suggestions he might’ve missed. “Oh, let’s keep each other on speed dial in case of an emergency. And no hard feelings if either of us suspects the other of being controlled. Better to not take that risk out of fear of being rude.”

After Dark

The whooshing sound of a thin sharp blade slicing through flesh was the only thing heard in a woods comprised of naked tree branches. The slain corpse of a dark furry creature fell to the ground with a subtle thud, raising some brown and golden leaves upon making impact. Before long, the corpse dispersed into black ashes that were quickly swept aside by the cold wind of that eerie night. 
“Damn it, we had no business with you! Leave me alone Shinigami!” another Hollow exclaimed afar, from what he presumed to be a safe distance from Masato.
“Shinigami? Don’t insult me. And if you can recall, you started this confrontation.” Masato replied as he raised his purple katana, pointing its tip toward s the conversing beast.
“We only wanted that little snitch. ‘Didn’t even know there was a park of humans nearby, I swear it!” the hollow pleaded for his case, hoping Masato had a soft place to exploit like so many he encountered in the past.
“’Little snitch’?” Masato lowered his blade slightly and raised his right brow out of curiosity. This was the show of weakness the hollow was waiting for. It quickly leaped across half the distance between its self and Masato, all the while lowering its body to finally land on its knees and forehead. “Yes, yes, yes, I was doing the human world a favor by slaying one of our own. He somehow escape Hueco Mundo!” the hollowed exclaimed with its face buried into the leafy ground. Masato cringed at the pitiful display. But though he hated to admit it, this weak Hollow appeared to be more in the know than himself. Prompting him to spare the hollow’s life until it shared everything it knew of this parasite’s ordeal. Masato lowered his weapon completely before deciding to giving his questions. 
Unfortunately, before he could speak, the groveling hollow grinned as a sharp appendage shot from the nape of its neck and towards Masato’s throat. Reflexively, Masato tilted his head to the left to dodge. Simultaneously, he countered with his tail as it wrapped from behind him and vertically cut the, still bowing, Hollow clean in half.
Masato looked down at the second Hollow as its corpse disintegrated in a similar fashion to its comrade. “you fucking Idiot.” He muttered after recalling his tail and purple blade.

The Fullbringer’s sour mood could be seen in the manner he walked to the abandoned shrine. Being so close to answers and having the opportunity slip through his fingers was understandably frustrating. The weathered wooden steps creaked under the burden of his steps as he made his way up the entrance. He peered around the dark interior, carefully inspecting its every corner and crevice. Overall he search the main structure for 10 minutes before deciding to proceed to the River. 
During his stroll in the woods, he called his extra help for a status report. Shizuka reported no sightings of their target along the river banks. Masato sighed, now even more disappointed than before. “just remember to call me when you do.” She quipped before quickly hanging up the call. “OK dad.” 
Masato continued his walk, unbeknownst to the stalker that slithered  and jumped from tree branch to tree branch. (sorry, you're my golden ticket out of this hell hole.) the slug of a Hollow thought to himself as he reached the tip of a branch and prepared attentively to make his jump. The task required focus, as a the wrong landing or too short a jump would give his position away. The risk of possessing strong bodies was high because of the heightened awareness that usually accompanied said strength. Thankfully his new vessel was ignorant of his presence. “So that’s where you are?” or so he thought. 
Midair from his jump, the hollow couldn't escape the attack of certain death he expected. He winced with anticipation of parting to the next life. But it never came. Instead he found himself wrapped tightly in Masato’s hand. “Start talking” the Fullbringer glared and commanded angrily towards his catch. The Hollow could only smirk deceitfully at this convenient turn of events. “thanks for making this so easy.”

WC: 850

• Like 3

Arthur looked around the park that was full of people. It was quite small in size and as it was winter the trees were dead without leaves and there were no flowers in bloom, yet that did not stop people from coming. He looked around from face to face but also avoided staring for too long. Still no sight of anything abnormal. He hadn’t heard anything from Masato yet, so he probably didn’t have any luck either.

However, it had to be somewhere here, so they just had to keep looking. After checking out the park, Arthur walked towards the river to inspect it though it looked clear as well. That was when he sensed Masato’s reiatsu accompanied by a Hollow reiatsu, though it was not the same as the one they were chasing. Still, it meant that either he was close, or this was actually a nest of Hollows.

Either way, he started running along the river and through the bridge to get to the other side and continued in a straight line to his location. Even running at full speed, by the time Arthur arrived the Hollows were dealt with, and rightly so as he sensed reiatsu on the weaker side. However, it was clear that something was wrong. Masato was visibly twitching, and heavy panting could be heard while his reiatsu was very unstable as well.

The Fullbringer looked at him and then charged which Arthur side stepped at the last moment,’I see.’ Masato was taken control of by the parasite. They had suspected that this could happen to either of them and unfortunately this was not something that their strength could prevent. A fight was inevitable, though he wouldn’t kill Masato and only damage him enough for the Hollow to separate.

That didn’t mean Arthur could hold back as the Hollow would fully take advantage, so he summoned his Fullbring without hesitation as the Myriad Manifestations Umbrella appeared in his right hand. He swung it horizontally as a golden wave of reiryoku emerged and headed for Masato, aiming for his chest area.

He wanted to see how the Hollow would deal with this and if it was able to use Masato’s Fullbring as well. While he dealt with that, Arthur used Bringer Light to close the distance between them and then made a vertical swing downwards aimed for the left shoulder which he would follow up with a horizontal swing to aimed at his opponent’s right side.

Word Count: 411

Stats:

Spoiler

Reiatsu: 87,000 + 4,000 = 91,000
Speed: 98 + 4 = 102
Stamina: 122 + 4 = 126
Perception: 94 + 4 = 98
Power: 95 + 4 = 99
Strength: 71 + 4 = 75
Reiryoku: 71 + 4 = 75
Throw Speed: 75
Reiryoku Speed: 75
Natural Defense: 6,960 + 600 = 7,560

Abilities:

Spoiler

Form Change: Arthur can change the form of his Umbrella between: Spear - Rifle - Shield. Changing form costs 1 attack move. Can only be done twice per post.

Shield Counts: 1 (Free). Arthur gains Shield Counts from Direct Hits/ Critical Hits/ Won Clashes. 6 maximum held. Using Shield Form costs 1 Shield Count.

Gafu: Shibuki: By invoking the name of this technique and making a broad swing with their arm or leg, the Fullbringer concentrates their Reiryoku to form a single mid-range wave of element-less Reiryoku of a color of their choosing. (Max 80 Reiryoku)

Actions:

Spoiler

1. Shibuki aimed at the chest. [75 Reiryoku]

2. Downward swing at left shoulder. [75 Strength]

3. Horizontal swing at right side [75 Strength]

• Like 3

(He, He, He, in this body no even the king can kill me.) The parasite thought to itself gleefully while welcoming the sensation of having a vessel far superior than any it possessed in the past.  

*crunch, crunch, crunch—*

“Huh?” it’s celebrating ended when it heard the sound of approaching footsteps. (Tsk, more pest. Guess I’ll give you a test drive.) Just as the thought crossed the Hollow’s mind, the body it thought was completely under it control began to protest. The cyan coat began to tighten around Masato’s chest, slowly pulling his arms to their opposite sides; as if to put wrap himself in a straightjacket. “NOOO! YOU’RE… MINE!!” the parasite exclaimed while it too, fought for control. Just as Masato’s arms fully crossed, the Hollow would roar defiantly as its own Reiatsu burned from Masato’s body. With that final push, he was back in control, however the labor for dominance did leave him short breathed.

Arthur had finally arrived, but with little warning, a possessed Masato would suddenly charge his ally. With his right shoulder leading his charge, Masato hadn’t any particular target on Arthur, but as his current trajectory, he would’ve slammed squarely into his ally’s chest.

“I see…” The sudden appearance of an umbrella in Arthur’s right hand did not deter him. Nor the horizontal swing of its wielder, and subsequent golden Reiatsu wave it created.
[1] Placing his left hand underneath his right elbow first, Masato engulfed his left hand with the material of his coat's left sleeve before swinging it outwards to block Arthur's wave of Reiatsu. Though this motion did not stop his momentum, it did placed his left side in the lead, and by extension, removed the threat of his right shoulder.

[2-3] Rather than keep safe, Arthur boldly approached Masato mid-charge with downward swing of his umbrella, followed quickly by another horizontal one. Both attacks successfully hit their intended targets, but the durability of his hardened coat insured that no harm was done.

[1] “GAHAHAHA!” Masato laughed maniacally before his left hand, raised to block earlier, came crashing down towards Arthurs head.

[2] If Arthur evaded successfully, the impact of Masato’s left hand would’ve created a large kick up dust and leaves, the cover of which, he would use to sneak a sweeping attack at Arthurs knee level, with his tail.

WC: 385

MISSION OBJECTIVE: "HANDLE" POSSESSED MASATO
At 50% ND, Masato will regain control over his own body. He may have been in ally, but in his current state YOU CAN DIE if you don’t fight to kill. Good luck, have fun.

ACTIONS

[1-2-3] 3 BLOCKS with "Hard Material", 168 per Shield vs 75(reii), 75(strength), 75(strength) =225 reserved.
[1] LEFT HAND BASIC ATTACK= 150 (STRENGTH)
[2] TAIL ATTACK with "Cutting Tool"(75)" reserved Strength(200)= 200 (STRENGTH)

ABILITIES

Spoiler

1. Katai Sozai (Hard Material): Masato Hardens the material of his coat for defense, in the form of shields. 
-PASSIVE: When Masato uses Katai Sozai to block an attack, if the attack is weaker than the Shield, any extra damage from the attack is stored and added to      Masato's next Katai Sozai, Kōgu, or Kōtingu.
- Counts As Blocks With Shield And Do Not Cost ND.
- Shield Durability is based on Masato's Stamina. Hardened Material becomes unhardened after Blocking A Single Attack.
- Can Initially Use 5 Shields before going on a 2 Post Cool Down. After the first 5 Shields Masato can use 2 Shields before going on 1 Turn Cooldown.
- If the Shield is weaker than the incoming attack then Masato will take the leftover Damage directly to his ND.

2. Kōgu (cutting tool): Masato hardens the material of his coat in the shape of various weapons.

STATS

Spoiler

POSSESSED MASATO
REIATSU: 109,000 (98,000 + 12,000)
ND: 8960 (7760 + 1200)
CLASS: TANK/BRUTE
STRENGTH/REI: 162 - 72
STAMINA: 146 +12
PERCEPTION: 127+12
SPEED: 127+12
REIRYOKU SPEED: 76
THROWING SPEED: 148

Edited by Mumen Writer
  • Like 2

Their fight fully began in earnest as both of them started trading attacks. It seemed like the parasite Hollow didn’t need a lot of time to settle in as it was making full use of Masato’s body, though Arthur was sure that it was not without resistance so perhaps it wouldn’t be able to draw out its full potential.

Arthur saw as the cyan coat enveloped his left hand in order to block the Shibuki he fired at him. This confirmed that Masato’s Fullbring was indeed connected with his coat and the Hollow was able to use it. Not the perfect scenario he was thinking of, but it was too late to think about that now,’Nice coat, do they sell them in grey or black?’ He did like to mess with his opponents when he knew he had the upper hand, but this was not the case this time as it was clear that he was at a disadvantage. However, he thought that maybe his voice could help Masato resist the control, but he didn’t really believe in the power of friendship. Not like words ever physically hurt someone, right?

He followed up his ranged attack with two physical attacks which hit their mark, but there was no impact as Masato hardened his coat to deal with them. The possessed Fullbringer used this to immediately retaliate as his left coat covered hand came down on his head. Arthur raised his umbrella over his hand and intercepted the attack by holding the weapon with both his hands. He could feel the impact spreading from his hands to his arms all the way to his feet,’I’m sure that lady you helped earlier would be sad,’ he said with a strained voice.

This was not enough to break Arthur though as he could take quite a beating, so he raised his right leg and sent a knee to Masato’s stomach, hoping to disrupt his balance. He shifted himself from under Masato’s left arm and towards his right side where he would do an ankle level sweeping kick with his left leg. If his opponent lost balance, he would follow up with a downward strike to the head but if the sweep missed and Masato was still within attacking distance then Arthur would thrust the umbrella forward as the sharp ferrule would take its aim right below the ribcage.

Word Count: 395

Actions:

Spoiler

1. Partial Block of attack to head [-300 ND]

1. Knee to stomach [75 Strength]

2. Left leg sweep at ankle level [75 Strength]

3. If Masato falls to the ground, downward strike to head [75 Strength]

4. If sweep misses, thrust with umbrella [75 Strength]

Abilities:

Spoiler

Form Change: Arthur can change the form of his Umbrella between: Spear - Rifle - Shield. Changing form costs 1 attack move. Can only be done twice per post.

Shield Counts: 1 (Free). Arthur gains Shield Counts from Direct Hits/ Critical Hits/ Won Clashes. 6 maximum held. Using Shield Form costs 1 Shield Count.

Stats:

Spoiler

Natural Defense: 6,960 + 600 - 300 = 7,260

• Like 1

The Hollow was stunned and slightly frustrated that handling this umbrella wielding comedian wasn’t as easy as he expected. His persistent quips didn’t help either. “Your material needs work, in private. For now…” a cyan hand extended from his stomach, blocking the knee attack, “PLEASE…” the lowest end of his coat spiraled down his right leg, “SHUT…” small and thin rectangular layers of his coat came to a single point, hardening the area to be hit by Arthurs umbrella, “THE FUCK…” he grabbed the tip of the umbrella with his right hand and twisted counter clockwise by 160 degrees, throwing the umbrella into the sky—and Arthur if he refused to part with his weapon, “UP!”

Should Arthur keep his hold, Masato would jump to the sky while simultaneously creating a purple blade. [1-2] With it, he sliced upward in an arc, then downward. [3] The second slash was much heavier than the first, as, second to deeply gashing Arthur, it was meant to forcibly push him back the ground.

[1] If Arthur let go, Masato would complete his twist, using its momentum to throw a right hook at Arthur's chin. While Arthur was distracted with the punch, Masato used his tail as a whip to lock Arthur in place before he could notice the large overhead palm strike, originating from the back of the cyan coat.

WC: 225
ND: 8960 - 100 = 8860

ACTIONS

Spoiler

[1] FULL BLOCK with cyan hand, 150 strength vs 75 strength= -100 ND
[2-3]
 BLOCKS with "Hard Material", 168 per Shield vs 75, 75, 75 (STRENGTH) =200 reserved.
[1] ATTACK with "Cutting Tool", 100 (STRENGTH)
[2] ATTACK with "Cutting Tool", 150 (STRENGTH) 
[3] ATTACK GROUND SLAM, 150 (STRENGTH)

[1] BASIC ATTACK with left hook, 80 (STRENGTH)
[2] BINDING with "UNIVERSAL COATING" 168
reserved Strength(200) = 368 (ENDURANCE)
[3] OVERHEAD PALM STRIKE with "Cutting Tool", 100 (STRENGTH)

ABILITIES 

Spoiler

1. Katai Sozai (Hard Material): Masato Hardens the material of his coat for defense, in the form of shields. 
-PASSIVE: When Masato uses Katai Sozai to block an attack, if the attack is weaker than the Shield, any extra damage from the attack is stored and added to      Masato's next Katai Sozai, Kōgu, or Kōtingu.
- Counts As Blocks With Shield And Do Not Cost ND.
- Shield Durability is based on Masato's Stamina. Hardened Material becomes unhardened after Blocking A Single Attack.
- Can Initially Use 5 Shields before going on a 2 Post Cool Down. After the first 5 Shields Masato can use 2 Shields before going on 1 Turn Cooldown.
- If the Shield is weaker than the incoming attack then Masato will take the leftover Damage directly to his ND.

2. Kōgu (cutting tool): Masato hardens the material of his coat in the shape of various weapons.

3. Kōtingu (Universal coating): Masato wraps himself or others with the material of his coat to subdue/protect them.
PASSIVE - Textile Resistance: Elemental Attacks that have landed on the coat before in battle have: -10 Power.
- While Active, Endurance from the wrap can be used to lighten the blow incoming attacks. (Does not stack with Katai Sozai)
- Costs 1 Attack to Use.

STATS 

Spoiler

POSSESSED MASATO

Edited by Mumen Writer
  • Like 2

The Hollow showed clear scorn towards his lines and seemed to only cause agitation as it grabbed his Fullbring and then the earth and sky quickly changes places as Arthur was launched upwards. As this was an open space, he had zero chances to crash into anything, so he stayed entirely focused on Masato rather than his trajectory.

Seeing that his opponent was getting agitated by his words, he thought that he could perhaps use it to break this focus as he assumed him not to be great at multitasking, but at this distance straining his voice would be a waste of energy. Furthermore, his opponent didn’t want to give him any time to breathe as he too followed him into the air and also launched an attack at the same time by morphing his coat into a blade.

He remembered Liz teaching him that people are most vulnerable when they are in the air but currently that applied to both of them. He wondered just how much battle experience this Hollow had though it was safe to assume it had more experience in using normal human bodies rather than its own. Nevertheless, he could also take advantage of this situation if he played things out right. The Hollow showed his cards straight away as he used Masato’s Fullbring but was still oblivious to how Arthur’s truly worked. Therefore, the element of surprise also played a part in this.

Just before the attack reached him, Arthur used Bringer Light on the air to dodge around 3 metres to the right. Before the possessed Masato had any time to adjust his attacks, he acted on his own counterattack. As he pressed on the gun trigger on the umbrella, the ferrule opened up to reveal the muzzle of a gun, more precisely a sniper rifle. He quickly took aim and fired a beam of reiryoku at his opponent as the recoil pushed him away further to the right. Immediately after the first shot was fired, reiryoku began gathering in the muzzle and a charged shot was fired after adjusting his aim, if necessary.

Word Count: 351

Actions:

Spoiler

1. Full evasion of attack [-100 ND]

1. Form change into rifle

2. Normal rifle attack [75 Reiryoku]

3+4. Charged rifle attack [75 Reiryoku]

Abilities:

Spoiler

Rifle Form: Rifle Form is a Reiryoku damage form. Arthur is able to fire concentrated blasts of Reiryoku from his umbrella. This form foregoes the ability to effectively Block attacks with the MMU.

-While in Rifle Form Blocks are counted as Partial Blocks.

-Rifle Reiryoku Beams Damage = Arthur's Reiryoku (+Any Bonus From Spear Form If Applicable).

-Rifle Reiryoku Beams Speed = Arthur's Reiryoku-Speed (+Any Bonus From Spear Form If Applicable).

-Arthur Can Feed 2 Attack Moves into a single Rifle Beam Charged Shot.

-Charged Shots Do x2 Damage to Shields And Cannot be Blocked Normally.

Stats:

Spoiler

Natural Defense: 6,960 + 600 - 400 = 7,160

• Like 3

A familiar green light flickered from Arthur’s feet, in effect, propelling him safety. Thus upon missing his first swing, Masato quickly readjusted his gaze in the direction Arthur flew. Just as his head completed its leftward turn, his hood was met with a bullet of Reiatsu, most likely the umbrella wielding Fullbringer’s doing. The hollow had little time to form a shield, but in the brief milliseconds he first noticed the incoming bullet, the coat’s cyan hood war hardened, protecting his and Masato’s head. The force of the shot did knock Masato’s head slightly to his right and he did find himself falling from his jump, but he would refocus before his averted eyes could be exploited. Now looking up, he saw more Reiatsu congregating at a fine point just at the tip of Arthur’s umbrella’s ferrule. Previous battle experience and his sensory capabilities told the hollow that something differed about this next projectile. “I’ll show you a real Cero.” He uttered after planting Masato’s feet firmly to the ground.

[1] The perfectly white and rectangular teeth of the Hollow parted into a wide open jaw. Just above its tongue, a tiny red ball of Reiatsu was formed, much like Arthur’s. The rate of its growth was hastened in order to compete with his opponent’s until finally, the both released their charged blasts into one another’s.

[2] “Don’t let him get away again.” the hollow whispered before Masato performed an almost complete squat. “Rrah!” he roared with his mightiest jump towards Arthur, his right hand extended backwards for a punch. The punch would remain loaded until Arthur was before him, where a strong right would target his face.

[3] To prevent evasion by ducking, a third arm was summoned to uppercut anything that dared to escape downward.

[4] After throwing his first two punches, Masato used the purple blade in his left and swung it horizontally to cleave Arthur clean in half. He leaned forward into his swing to compensate for any attempts his opponent might make to retreat further back.
WC: 335
ND: 8860 - 275 = 8585

ACTIONS 

Spoiler

[*] Full block with hardened hood: 150 v 75 = -100 ND
[1] Clash: Cero blast, 72 (Reiryoku) - 75 vs 72 = -175 ND
[2] Basic Attack: Right punch, 100 (Strength)
[3] "Cutting Tool" Attack: uppercut, 200 (Strength) = 100 + 200(reserved)
[4] "Cutting Tool" Attack: Horizontal slash, 150 (Strength) 

ABILITIES 

Spoiler

-PASSIVE: When Masato uses Katai Sozai to block an attack, if the attack is weaker than the Shield, any extra damage from the attack is stored and added to
-Improvised Defense (Passive): Masato can completely harden his entire coat or portions of it. Attacks done to the coat while it is hardened but not as a shield are counted as FULL BLOCKS[ 1/7 Uses per battle]

STATS

Spoiler

POSSESSED MASATO

Edited by Mumen Writer
  • Like 2

Their aerial battle didn’t last long as after avoiding Masato’s attack Arthur’s rifle found it’s mark which made his opponent fall back to the ground. He landed safely on the ground without any further trouble, but before that happened their reiryoku attacks collided in mid-air. He felt a clear Hollow like reiryoku from that attack which meant that it was still able to use its own skills to an extent.

His opponent made his move as soon as Arthur had solid ground under his feet by closing the distance with a jump while pulling his right hand back in preparation for a punch. He had very little time to prepare and dodging at this distance would be quite a difficult task and neither could he overpower Masato, so his best bet was to block. He pushed the gun trigger forward causing the ferrule to close and then pushed the runner forward as the umbrella opened up into shield form to intercept the punch which bounced off the metal.

However, he didn’t expect this to be the end and so he stood his ground as he intercepted another attack which he did not see due to the umbrella blocking his view. He moved the umbrella slightly to get a slight view and he saw a part of the purple blade coming for him once again which he couldn’t fully block. Arthur knew that if he didn’t attack, he wouldn’t make any progress, so he decided that now was the time for the offense as he pushed the runner even further causing the ribs to invert the frame and close as the tips formed a single point and 4 reiryoku spears appeared and floated above his back.

Wanting to reduce Masato’s attacking power he thrust the spear forward, aiming right for the left shoulder join in the hopes to at least slightly impede his future offense. Before the thrust made contact, one of the spears floated into Arthur’s left hand which he swung horizontally aiming for the possessed Fullbringer’s stomach which would be hard to dodge at this close distance.

Word Count: 348

Actions:

Spoiler

0. Won clash [-72 ND, +1 Shield Count]

1. Form change to shield form

1.1 Blocked right punch [-1 Shield Count]

1.2 Ironclad to block upper cut

1.3 Unsuccessful block of horizontal swing [-1 Shield Count, +1 Ironclad stack, -200 ND]

2. Form change to spear form

3. Thrust attack to left shoulder [75 Strength]

4. Horizontal swing to stomach with reiryoku spear [75 Reiryoku]

Abilities:

Spoiler

Shield Counts: 1>2>0. Arthur gains Shield Counts from Direct Hits/ Critical Hits/ Won Clashes. 6 maximum held. Using Shield Form costs 1 Shield Count.

[Shield Form Effect: Shield Form is a purely defensive form. Arthur is able to open the MMU into a very sturdy shield to block incoming attacks from enemies.]

• Using the Shield Costs 1 Shield Count.
  • Arthur Loses The Ability to Attack/Clash While Shield Form is Active.
  • Shield Form Shields are Counted as Shield Techniques and do not cost ND.
  • Direct Hits/Critical Hits/Won Clashes give Arthur Shield Counts.
  • First Shield Upon Shield Form Activation is Free.
  • Shield Form Shield Durability= Arthur's Stamina.
  • Each Shield/Shield Count Blocks against a Single Attack.
  • Arthur Cannot exit and reenter Shield Form back-to-back.

[Spear Form Effect: Spear Form is a hybrid damage form. Arthur is able the umbrella spear for to attack while but also to direct his 6 energy spears towards their target. Successful Physical Attacks with his spear increase the Speed and Damage of the energy spears. However, has no defensive capabilities.]

• Spear Form cannot be used to Block/Clash Attacks.
  • Physical Spear Form Damage = Arthur's Strength.
  • Energy Spear Damage = Arthur's Reiryoku.
  • Energy Spear Attacks Speed = Arthur's Reiryoku-Speed.
  • Physical Spear Attacks that Hit/Are Blocked/Are Clashed grant +2 Reiryoku/+2 Reiryoku Speed to Energy Spears.
  • The bonus Reiryoku/Reiryoku-Speed Last for as long as Arthur remains in Spear Form and doesn't use any form besides Umbrella Form and Rifle Form.
  • The Reiryoku/Reiryoku-Speed Bonuses are applied to Rifle Shots.

Ironclad Stacks: 1

Stats:

Spoiler

Natural Defense: 6,960 + 600 - 672 = 6,888

• Like 2

The closed umbrella sprung open to intercept all three of Masato’s Attack, though not without consequence, as the weight of his attacks alone were quite exhausting to block for Arthur. But alas, he parried Masato’s blade successfully and used the recovery window of his opponent to counter with a jab to Masato’s right shoulder. The attack landed cleanly before the Hollow could command Masato to raise his defenses. When possessing a host, it involuntarily shared every feeling body’s nerves did. The sensational drug of dopamine from every block, speedy leap, and destructive strike Masato’s body provided was utterly thrilling, and convinced him he was indestructible. That was, until it came time to hurt.

“OWWW! YOU FUCKER!” the hollow cried aloud in reaction to the sharp pain it felt push deep into Masato’s shoulder. A split second later, one of four Reiatsu javelins summoned above Arthur’s head came slicing for Masato’s stomach.

[1] “ENOUGH!” the parasite shouted defiantly as the previous arm he used to uppercut swiftly smacked away the Reiastu spear. The blow back from the CLASH should’ve have been strong enough to expose Arthur’s chest. [2] With that opening, he swung downwards in an arc to slash across Arthur’s right shoulder, through his Torso, and out from his left oblique. [3] If Arthur somehow found himself still in one piece, he would have to avoid the snapping bladed whip, which was Masato’s coat’s tail, as it attempted to lop Arthur’s head clean off his shoulders. [4] Lastly, assuming Arthur wasn’t already dead, Masato would track and follow his movements close enough to catch him in the 10 feet long spikes he emitted from his coat.  

WC: 275
ND: 8585 - 375 = 8210

ACTIONS

Spoiler

[*] FULL HIT to shoulder, 75x4 (Strength), -300 ND
[1] CLASH 
with "Cutting Tool" arm, 100 (strength) vs 75 (Reiryoku), -75 ND
[2] ATTACK 
"Cutting Tool" sword, 100 (strength)
[3] ATTACK "Cutting Tool" tail, 100 (strength)
[4] ATTACK "Cutting Tool" spikes, 100 (strength)

ABILITIES

Spoiler

STATS

Spoiler

POSSESSED MASATO