Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

Sins Of The Past II

The Prologue: 

It had been far too long since the Primera cut loose. To defeat the Shinigami as soundly as he did, to break his spirit, sent a wave of euphoria through him. He could hardly wait to deliver that same divine punishment to another hapless Shinigami who clung to their false sense of justice. The sound of shattering glass could be heard as the Garganta opens within the Primera quarters. He had dropped the Cero off elsewhere in the palace earlier so he could be alone with his thoughts. The last thing he wanted was to listen to more of his accomplice's naivety. To be honest, the Primera had felt slightly unsettled since arriving back to Las Noches. The effects of the Shinigami's poison had long since worn off but there was something else bothering him. An unsettling surge of power swelling inside, ready to explode outward but was held back. It seems that there was still hidden depths to his already enormous power that he had yet to obtain. He wondered just how much stronger he would become. Tsukishima steps out and takes a look at the surroundings. The area had begun to look as it did during Tsukishima's initial reign all those years ago. He moves throughout the barracks, stopping once he sees his throne. Tesla and Kaori, immediately after sensing their master's arrival, knelt down to bow. Tsukishima walks between them and sits atop the throne. He gently taps the bottom of his cane on the ground as it transforms back into its original staff appearance.

My Lord. We welcome you back to Las Noches. I received word of what has happened. Congratulations on subduing that Yamashiro and reclaiming Hueco Mundo. I...” Tesla attempts to continue speaking but is quickly silenced when Tsukishima raises his hand. “I've not the time for pleasantries. The message has been sent to the Shinigami. We'll see if they are as vicious as they once were and attempt to retaliate or if they will bide their time. For now, I must rest while we continue to prepare for The Great Campaign...” As he says this, his voice begins to trail off, immediately alerting Tesla. He had been with his master for so long, he knew all of his little quirks. He could sense the same disturbance within his master and had devised a way to deal with it. “My Lord, I have been with you for as long as I can remember. I know when something is amiss. My sincerest apologies for speaking out of turn but I believe I may have a solution to what is bothering you. You know that the Shinigami use Jinzen to have a conversation with their Zanpakuto. I believe the same can be done for the Arrancar to an extent. We basically seal the nucleus of our powers inside our Zanpakuto; I believe if you perform Jinzen, you can release whatever is holding back the surge you feel.” The words Tesla spoke seem to ring true; it was more or less the same, regardless of his feelings of obvious bias to doing anything similar to what a Shinigami does. What could stop him from gaining the desired effect if he didn’t try it? He clutches his staff and closes his eyes, his mind quickly beginning to drift. “When I wake, we will proceed with the next phase.” The two Arrancar bow once more as Tsukishima's mind wanders back to the depths of his core.

When the Primera opens his eyes, he finds himself standing in a void of pure white with four black pillars surrounding him. A look of irritation spreads across Tsukishima's face as he comes to realize the source of his prior turmoil, The Remnants. Millions of years after Creation, the world existed without the barriers of life and death. There was no Soul Society, no Hueco Mundo, nor even no World of the Living. All was one, humans and souls existed in a self-contained cycle. Eventually, hollows came into existence, disrupting the cycle by devouring souls. Inevitably, the first Menos soon came into being too, slowing the cycle of souls, and ultimately leading to a future where all souls would be eventually consumed into one Menos. But almost in response to its existence, the Soul King was born. The Soul King vanquished the Menos, and the self-contained cycle of souls continued once more. However, getting rid of such a powerful being is not as simple as it seemed. The combined hatred of the souls that dwell within the Menos manifested as the Remnants who wished for the unity of all dimensions once more. To that end, they manipulated events to bring that goal to fruition starting with Kazuma Kuwabara. Through his legacy, they found the one to usher in their Great Campaign, Tsukishima Higurashi. Tsukishima has always known of their presence but kept it largely hidden, making his actions seem to be fueled by his immense lust of power. However, it was finally nearing the time to reveal their machinations to the World. The Great Campaign must come to pass. One of the pillars begins to glow red as a voice emanates out. “We welcome you, Tsukishima Higurashi. It is time for you to gain the power necessary to cleanse this world."

Another pillar soon rises up as an orange glow appears. “You know of your lineage. The beings that paved the way before you and those that did so after you met your demise in the Soul Society. You must harness their power before you can take on the might of what lies ahead.” The other two pillars quickly follow suit, a green and yellow glow emanating from them both. “The World as a whole is a lot stronger than when you last faced it. Beings have risen to power far beyond our expectations. Some, even humans, have a power that rivals the one who defeated us.” “If you attempt to attack the Soul Society now, their Captain-Commander will strike you down without a second thought. An all-out attack on the World of the Living will draw the ire of two who have a power that exceeds your own. Only the lineage of Kazuma Kuwabara will help you.” A black portal, similar to a Garganta, appears off in the distance as the pillars move behind Tsukishima. “Angelus, Akira, Abraham, Erik, Jo-Jo, Ryu, Kaname, Makoto, Sicarius, and even Kazuma himself await you inside the portal. Go forth and master what lies ahead.”

Tsukishima sneers as he begins to walk forward, his footsteps booming within the void. “We have the same goal which is the only reason I follow your plans. The Great Campaign will come to fruition. A word of warning... It would be unwise to assume that I am completely in your servitude simply because you revived me.” The Espada chuckles as he heads into the portal, eager to see who would be the first he'd come across.

WC: 1,158

• Like 1

Part I: The Tortured Soul

As Tsukishima exits the portal, he finds himself in an empty classroom. As he walks around, he begins to feel a sense of familiarity as if he has been here before. The ringing of a loud bell stirs him from his thoughts as Shinigami begin to file inside. Tsukishima prepares to defend himself but watches as the Shinigami harmlessly walk through him as if he wasn't there. To his surprise, the Espada sees Kaname walk inside the classroom and sit towards the back. In that instance, Tsukishima realized what was going on. This was a memory of Kaname's. Kaname Ishigawa was...an experiment of sorts. During his original reign as Lord of Hueco Mundo, Tsukishima was always fascinated with the Vaizard. While he believed them to be abominations, he respected the power and abilities they commanded. With the help of his then accomplice, the Quincy Haschwald, Tsukishima sought to achieve that power. The two found a way to implant Tsukishima's DNA onto a soul, effectively becoming the soul's inner hollow. This also had the extra effect of allowing Tsukishima to cheat death. If not for that invading force, the Tris Andre, Tsukishima would likely still be using Kaname as his vessel. Deciding to sit back and experience the day, Tsukishima rests his cane against his leg and moves to the back of the class as the instructor enters.

Good Afternoon everyone! Welcome to today's Kidō Training Session. Today, we will discuss and learn about the Bakudō side of Kidō. Bakudō are Kidō spells that can immobilize an opponent or can block attacks. In a fever pitch battle, a good Bakudō spell could potentially save your life. We will talk about the inner workings of today's lesson, Bakudō #9. Geki.” The instructor turns to face the dummy and begins to draw the symbols for the spell in the air before shouting its name. “Bakudō #9. Geki!” The test dummy gains a reddish aura before it becomes stiff. “This is the power of Geki. It causes complete paralysis to your opponent. A fierce technique if used correctly. Today, we will begin training to use the ability. You all will have to use the incantation you learned during the last class if you truly want to harness the full power of it. In time, you will all get to the point where you can draw out the full power of the technique even without the incantation. So one by one you all will try out the technique. Who's up first?” Many hands shot up as nearly the entire class volunteered for the lesson, Kaname, however, was not one of them. Tsukishima remembered that Kaname always hated this sort of thing. He preferred to be a loner, even more so once he discovered Tsukishima within. All the man wanted was to be accepted. A pity that was never realized. It wasn't long before the instructor called up Kaname in order for him to perform it. The room went silent as he slowly walked to the front, all eyes following him with great intent. He looked those he passed with a humbled stare, focused on the goal. When he reached the front of the room, he stopped to glance at the dummy before taking a deep breath.

Now if you remember the incantation, recite it and concentrate your power towards your fingertips.” He had only seen the incantation once but he knew it, the perks of having a photographic memory. Charging some of his energy into his fingertips, he begins to draw the symbols into the air, saying the incantation as he does so. “Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini! Look upon yourself with horror then claw out your own throat! Bakudō #9. Geki.” A bright light illuminates the room, dimming as the red aura slowly forms around the dummy. “Excellent, simply excellent. Great job on a masterful performance. Now whose up next?” It wasn’t long before the class was over, everyone departing with a respectful bow. After the class was over, Kaname slowly walked out before being stopped by the instructor. “I have a job to ask of you if you're up to it that is?” Kaname raised an eyebrow, showing the instructor that his interest was piqued. “Head to the Rukongai District and send this letter to a Shinigami from Squad 11 stationed there. He should be easy to spot. Thanks, I'll owe you big for this.” Kaname retrieved the letter and departed towards the Rukongai District, Tsukishima following closely behind. As Kaname gets closer towards the outskirts of the Rukongai District, he suddenly stops. His spiritual pressure rapidly increases as the sky turns dark. “You!” Kaname spat as he turns to face Tsukishima. He draws the Zanpakuto sheathed at his side, pointing it towards the Espada. “Your form is different but those eyes. Those eyes are the same!” “Oh? So you can see me? This is unexpected. It's been a long time, vessel.” Kaname slashes towards Tsukishima who easily avoids the strike. He roars in anger as he continues to slash, each strike missing. “Do not call me that! You took everything from me! My life was a lie. Everything manipulated by you! Even in death, I can not have peace. You continue to torment me. I know what those Remnants have planned and I don't care for that. They can destroy the World for all I care. But I am grateful for one thing. They have given me the opportunity to take my revenge. This time, I will kill you Tsukishima. Sever, Kokutō” Kaname's blade turns black as his spiritual pressure takes a dramatic increase. A smile spreads across Tsukishima's face as his cane peels back and reveals his Zanpakuto. “Come vessel. Show me your power.”

WC: 956

956/1,000

• Like 1

The two exchanged sword clashes, neither giving the other the upper hand in that regard. The looks on both of their faces had said it all; this was beginning to annoy them. The two separated, standing opposite of each other in the darkness of the now crumbling world. The Shinigami sighed, his spiritual pressure increasing slightly. In a split second, the man was gone. He did some flashy footwork in order to confuse the Primera but he saw every move. He appeared behind him, whispering slightly in the darkness. “You’re too slow.” “Am I?” Said the Arrancar in an extremely calm and collected voice. The Shinigami attempted to deliver a powerful backhand to the very center of Tsukishima’s back but is surprised to see that it was only an afterimage. A sharp pain shoots in his back as he is launched forward. He manages to gather his footing as he slides back, glancing at the Primera in front of him with fresh blood dripping from his white gloves. “Come now. I know you are better than this.” The Shinigami sneered and rose to his feet, the incisions in his back soon closing. He knew how Tsukishima operated. He knew how calculated the Arrancar was. It didn't matter to him. He'd get his revenge. The battle resumed. The two charged towards each other once more, each with malice in their eyes. When Kaname was about a centimeter away from hitting the Arrancar, he raised his foot connecting with his forehead. The force of the blow sends the Espada’s body flying upward in the darkness. The Shinigami attempted to swing his bloodied Zanpakuto to impact Tsukishima’s right side in a gentle and smooth motion. Tsukishima twirled his body around and brought up the back of his right leg to literally sweep away the force of the Shinigami's attack, knocking the sword away. Attempting to follow up, Tsukishima directed all his weight into his left leg in order to slam it down. Kaname, however, expected this and caught the leg before glaring the Arrancar down. “Hiryu” he mutters as black energy swirls around his right hand. With a quick thrust, he strikes the Primera in the rib cage as the sickening sound of a bone snapping could be heard.

The two hopped back from one another, creating a sizable distance between them. Their eyes locked for a moment, each knowing what the other was planning on doing. Kaname’s spiritual pressure took a dramatic spike, the energy around himself and his sword grew to massive proportions. Tsukishima’s hand ebbed with a fiendish glow, a black ball of energy with white spots forming in his hand. The energy in the Espada’s hand began to crackle even louder than before. Both of them muttered the word of their respective attacks, the resulting energies culminating with devastating force. They seemed dead even with one another before the darkened cero completely took over and dominated Kaname’s fierce attack. The leftover wave of energy brushed passed the Shinigami, knocking him down. “That was no normal cero?”, Kaname says. Uproarious laughter could be heard echoing throughout the area, the source being none other than Tsukishima. “That was but a taste of my true power, not what you held during our time together. It's time to face facts, my dear vessel. You are nothing without me.” Kaname drops to his knees, amazed by the sheer power that Tsukishima possesses. He was toying around with him and he knew it. Their power was as different as heaven and hell. He could have easily crushed Kaname in an instant yet he chose to have the Shinigami figure this out for himself. To further prove the gap in their powers. It was not going to end like this. He refused to have it end like this. If it took every fiber of his being, he would kill Tsukishima. “Bankai...” the Shinigami whispered as he is quickly engulfed in energy. The energy rockets up towards the sky and slowly takes on a more humanoid form. In seconds, a massive being with the appearance of a samurai emerges. A Tengu mask adorns its face as it draws its massive sword. Kaname, floating in the middle of the construct, glares down towards the unimpressed Tsukishima. “Kokutō Arahoshi: Sanzen Sekai.”

WC: 712

1,668/1,000

712/600

• Like 1

Tsukishima stares up towards the immense Bankai with a grin on his face. It had been quite some time since he last experienced it. The true form of Kaname's Zanpakuto spirit. While its power was indeed impressive, nothing could compare to his own power. White energy begins to form around the construct's sword as it lifts the weapon high above its head. “Go to hell Tsukishima! Kokutō Kogetsu!” Kaname screams as the construct swings its sword and sends a large crescent wave of energy barreling toward the Primera. The crescent wave explodes as it nears Tsukishima, covering the entire area in smoke. From within the construct, Kaname drops to a knee as he struggles to catch his breath. “Enjoy hell you son of a bitch..” he mutters. “You know as well as I that the Gates of Hell would not be able to contain me.” To Kaname's horror, he sees Tsukishima standing within the construct beside him, completely unharmed by the last attack. He goes to strike the Arrancar but finds himself unable to move. “Vessel. Have you learned anything during our time together? Such parlor tricks will not be able to defeat me. Allow me to give you another small glimpse of my true power. Erode, Senescencia." Black miasma rapidly escapes from the Primera's body as he is engulfed by dark violet energy. The miasma quickly spreads throughout the construct as it begins to dissipate. In a matter of moments, the immense construct is destroyed as the energy around Tsukishima slowly recedes. Standing in his pre-released state once more, he begins to address the defeated Kaname.

“Do you finally understand, Vessel? No matter what you do, it will never be enough.” The Shinigami finally makes it to his feet and withdraws his sword, conceding his defeat. His Zanpakuto, Kokutō, manifests her physical form beside him with a begrudging sign of respect. “Why? Why can't I kill you? After all this, you still continue to toy with me. All I've ever wanted was to have a good life. To be free. Why me?” “You misunderstand, vessel. All I tried to do was give you the life you sought. As you have said, I have watched you throughout your entire existence. I wanted to show you how cruel this world really is. For instance, do you know the truth about your master, Gotetsu? Do you truly know how he died that faithful day?” Kaname perked up at the mention of his master. He wanted to believe that this was just another one of Tsukishima's mind games but these words sounded so sincere. “Gotetsu was a powerful man, so much so that I even made a point not to challenge him directly. I wanted the entirety of the Soul Society under my thumb before I even dared to best him. A testament to his power as you know how much I despise your kind. As revered as his strength was, he was mainly sought after for his knowledge. He knew the truth of the world, the secret behind that Soul King. The other Shinigami knew of his knowledge and sought to learn it for themselves to gain a measure of political power. As the righteous man that he was, he immediately refused. They, obviously, did not appreciate that. The trash fear what they cannot control so they decided to dispose of him. Using your feebleness as bait, they were able to catch him off guard. Eventually creating the scene that you witnessed so long ago. The man who murdered him was acting under the command of the then Captain-Commander, an ignorant woman who knew nothing of the truth. They killed your master purely for not joining them. This is the true nature of the Gotei 13. The story they fed you of it being the work of a rival was a lie. A lie to keep from you going down the path of revenge against the entire organization. A lie to keep you in line as they want everyone to be. When they realized they could not keep the wool over your eyes, they abandoned you. You see that no one helped you during the Tris Andre invasion. They allowed you to die alone and miserable. I have been the only one to not lead you astray. Come vessel. Come and help me create a world where there are no lies. No more death. No more pain. Come obtain all of your desires.”

Tsukishima holds out his hand in support as the man thinks for a moment before turning around, his mind racing with this new information. His growing rage was beginning to overtake him. All of this, everything that had happened in his life, wasn’t due to Tsukishima and his machinations but the Shinigami and the Soul King they protected. They had set all this in motion. They had killed the closest thing he had to a father in cold blood. They would be the ones to repay this debt in their own blood. They would know true pain as their entire world crumbled around his feet. Kaname glanced at Tsukishima in disgust before grabbing his hand as a show of unification. A bright light illuminates them both as Tsukishima finds himself transported in a small city. Taking in his surroundings, Tsukishima walks forward with anticipation. Just who would be next in the line of Kazuma Kuwabara?

WC:896

2,564/1,000 Completed

• Like 1

Part II: Sternritter B - The Bombardment

The Primera walks through the ice-encrusted city, his cane echoing throughout the area. Thunder roars in the distance, a creepy stillness is present throughout the dimension. Tsukishima knew exactly where he was and who he had come to see, though he'd never met the individual. During his time, he heard rumors of an extremely powerful Quincy who had mysteriously come from another dimension. This particular Quincy was foretold to have unparalleled power. Tsukishima had always longed to meet this individual and sway him to his cause but never could. It was this failure that led him to forge an alliance with Haschwald instead. At any rate, he was sure that this meeting would prove to be beneficial. Before long, Tsukishima found himself outside the base of operations for this dimension, the Silbern. Heading inside, the Espada could hear sounds and decided to investigate. A group of soldiers, known as the Soldat, marched in order towards the grand ballroom. They take their spots and began to chatter among themselves, trying to figure out why they were all assembled here. Two of them, however, did not say a word. They stand beside each other near the throne at the end of the room, remaining quiet for different reasons. For one, it is out of respect for the Emperor. He has no time for useless side chatter. If the Emperor requested their presence, then he received that. No questions asked. He was Sternritter C; Jürgen. The other one, however, remained quiet out of spite. He had plans in motion, things that needed to be carried out to the letter with the greatest of efficiency. Every detail needed to be laid out. He was the one Tsukishima sought. His name was Akira Otomo, Sternritter B. The rank is due to power alone, secretly, he had no admission towards the Emperor. He wanted power, he felt as if he deserved it. It was his birthright. All of this was just a means to an end. A way to bide his time before he could accomplish what he desired. Each of the other people in the room, he considered trash. None of them could stand up to his might. Gentle footsteps could be heard echoing down the hallway, all talk immediately came to a halt. They stand upright as a figure walks among them, stern-faced and focused. He was the King of the Wandenreich, the father of the Quincy. He made his way past Jürgen and Akira, taking a seat upon the throne with a small yet sharp sigh. He hadn’t yet regained his immense power; it was beginning to weigh on him. The opening that Akira wanted was approaching.

I do not like to give monotonous speeches. It serves no purpose in the end so let us get down to business. The twenty-three of you were all called here because your immense potential allowed you to stand out among the other soldiers. You have all have earned the privilege to join both Akira and Jürgen as members of the Sternritter.” Instant pride appears on their faces. The joy to directly serve under their Emperor was overwhelming. The chance to even fight alongside him in battle once the fateful day arrived. Akira looked at them all in disgust. How foolish they had to be. There was no joy in serving someone who would eventually die off anyway. Their joy was meaningless. One by one each of the newly crowned Sternritter drank the blood of the Emperor to earn their Schrift. One by one they received their power. D all the way through to Z. It wasn’t long before the Emperor sent them all on their way, leaving only Akira and Jürgen behind. The transference of power had weakened him greatly; it wasn’t long before it was time for him to rest once more. It is almost time for the Auswählen. Every mixed-blood Quincy will give their lives to their King as per the Kaiser Gesang. After that, it won’t be much longer until we regain the world. Each of the races will fall and we shall stand victorious. Akira, Jürgen, I leave things in your hands for the time being. Although I will be asleep, the full effects will not take place until much later, before we begin our crusade. Until the time comes, I leave the Wandenreich in your capable hands.”

He bids the two farewell as he prepares, both Jürgen and Akira leaving in opposite directions. In that brief moment, Akira knew that he would be sorely outmatched if he tried anything this early. The Emperor was weak but currently still more than enough. No, he’d have to be a bit more cunning than that. He needed to be at his best to cripple an Empire from within. A smile spreads across Tsukishima's face as he continues to follow Akira. He was content to see how this ordeal played out before he made his move. 

WC: 822

822/1000

• Like 1