Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

Sins Of The Past

The distinct sound of glass shattering could be heard as black shards of reiatsu fell towards the cold ground. The former Lord of Hueco Mundo took a step out from within the Garganta and took in the surroundings. Low roars and the almost soothing sounds of fighting could be heard. "The Forest of Menos.."  the hollow thought to himself. Tsukishima had returned to the place where it had all began. His home. Though this was no ordinary trek through the forest, this was someplace different. It was a remote area of the forest that many hollows did not even know about. Many of those that did know did not dare to venture towards it. This was the ritualistic fighting grounds, though its true name could not be spoken in any known tongue. This was the place that Tsukishima had stumbled across so long ago when he was first transformed into a hollow. It was home to many Adjuchas who struggled to maintain dominance of their fused forms and Vasto Lorde who wanted refuge. A place where hollows of all kinds could come to settle their urges and give in to their primal natures. They all came for a fight. Some came to fight alone, others came in packs. Some waited off in the distance for their opportunity to strike at the weak. These grounds held a bit more significance to Tsukishima aside from relishing in old battle wounds. This was the place he and his brother Liam first met as hollows. The two twins were inseparable growing up. Very rarely would anyone see one of them without the other sibling close behind. The two naturally had high levels of spiritual pressure which would attract hollows to them. In an ironic twist of fate, they were murdered by the very same hollow Liam would come to train later in life. By pure coincidence, the two of them found each other as hollows in this place. For most of their hollow existence, they lived here. They fought here, they ate here and they bled here. They evolved day by day until Liam went one step further and became an Arrancar. After that, he left the forest and started teaching other hollows, the one that killed them included. After he left, Tsukishima alone rose to power here. He was hated by all but above all else, he was feared. 

As he fully emerged from the Garganta, the entire area became quiet and deathly still. Some of the fights momentarily halted, others ended entirely. The skeletal Lord walked forward slowly and confidently, never taking his gaze from the direction in front of him. Roars of protest and anger came up as he walked, the amused hollow could only chuckle. His form had changed, his powers had changed, but his smell had not. They knew who he was and they could do nothing about it. Despite his current form, Tsukishima had evolved to a level far beyond anything they could ever hope to comprehend. He was beyond the concept of easy prey as many of the souls that walked in this area were classified under. They hated him for what he became, for all the power he possessed before he was rebored and even more so afterward. All that hatred and there was very little they could do with it. Stepping into an octagon-shaped dome of bones, flesh, and blood, he was welcomed by the snarls of the inhabitants. Some hovered over the white trees while others merely growled on the ground. Suddenly, booming footsteps echoed behind him. The stench of death grew present. Tsukishima knew all too well who was; a being he'd met with, fought with, and betrayed in his past. One could call him an old friend of sorts if hollows were even able to comprehend the value of friendship. To be fair, Tsukishima was surprised the hollow was even alive as he figured someone would have mopped the floor with him by now. A large shadow looms behind Tsukishima, the sound of labored breathing behind him. "Been a long time, hasn't it?"

WC: 681

• Like 1

The physically imposing figure revealed itself entirely, a snarling hollow of immense size. It's lower body resembled a bull while the upper portion was that of a gorilla. Its mask was stained brown, a testament to how much blood the hollow had tasted over the years. Red eyes peered outward, staring directly at Tsukishima. Slowly, he lurched forward. The foul stench of death and decay emanating from him. "My my. If it isn't Fuwa. I'm surprised to see you are still around. I figured the years would have caught up to you and someone would have finished you off." "You're one to talk. The last thing I heard about you, you went and got yourself killed after going to the Shinigami world. A damned shame that I was not the one who did it. Then the rumors about your resurrection started and lo and behold, here you stand before me. My prayers have been answered. I get to kill you after all though it looks like someone already did a number on you. You are all skin and bones. Before I pick my teeth with your forearm, indulge me. Why have you returned?" The skeletal hollow chuckles as he moves around the octagon dome. It seemed everyone present had the same questions. "I'm here on my own accord. Mostly to test out this new body of mine. On a slightly unrelated note, I have business with you cretins. Not you though, Fuwa. You are useless." 

This gets the massive hollow's attention as he slowly raises his arm, revealing an old yet still bleeding flesh wound. Tsukishima chuckles at the sight, remembering the fond memory of him giving Fuwa that wound. He wasn't surprised that the hollow hadn't healed it. Probably a reminder to settle their old score. With a roar, a red spike shoots out from underneath the beast's arm, barreling towards Tsukishima's head with the intent to sever. Tsukishima expected as much to happen. All he's done over the years, the body count he's racked up, none of that would just go away. There would be plenty aiming to take his head if he ever reared it. Effortlessly, he raises his hand up and blocks the resulting attack with the greatest of ease. The massive Adjuchas was surprised that his attack was so effortlessly blocked, even more so that Tsukishima had disappeared immediately afterward. His smell still lingered so he hadn't gone very far. As his eyes meticulously scanned the surrounding area, blood drips from his mouth. A deep, aching pain spreads from his back throughout his entire body. His vision gradually blurs as he hits the ground knees first. Tsukishima's ominous shadow looms over him with his skeletal right arm dripping in crimson blood; a stark contrast to what occurred moments ago. "So this is still the best you all can produce after all these years? Regardless of how much power you've gained or how many hollows you've eaten, you are still lower than garbage. You have seen yet a fraction of my power first hand. Know your uselessness. As I mentioned, I come not for a fight but to extend an olive branch of sorts. Power. Power to gain everything you can dream of. Brothers. Sisters. A war is coming. I came here knowing that the fiercest of hollows resided here. Those who live for the fight and relish each and every kill with sickening delight. It is almost time to reclaim what is rightfully ours. The land of the dead will be ours to rule once more. The Great Campaign will soon commence. Gain your power. In time, I will return to lead you all once again to our birthright." As Tsukishima turns to leave, he glances back and sees his old 'comrade' still unconscious. A few of the hollows begin to circle around him, mouths salivating. Easy prey was near. "After you are done with that fool, take heed in what I said." As the former Lord departs, the sounds of teeth ripping into flesh could be heard. The blood-stained sands were now painted with a fresh coat. The skeletal Lord walks through the darkness in silence, the events that just transpired quickly moving to the far reaches of his memory. 

WC: 706

• Like 1

Tsukishima found himself deeper within the bowels of the Forest of Menos. He felt a sense of nostalgia, the familiar sensation of home. The dirt path he walked along started to turn a deep brown color due to the moisture this particular area brought. It was only gradually though as the path was sheltered by the colossal trees it meandered its way through. Dew from the treetops gently fell to the ground below creating a sign of pure peacefulness. Everything was quiet. Too much for Tsukishima's liking. Two sources of reiatsu spiked up. It was as the skeletal lord figured, he was not alone. "So...you must be him. We heard the rumors that you were back." "I expected much more from someone of your reputation. No matter. There is nowhere left for you to run." Tsukishima turned around and saw two Arrancar approach him, both with zanpakuto in hand. The first of the two was tall and slender. He had long flowing red hair that reached down to the small of his back. He wore a blue Hakama with a red sash and a white open-chest jacket. His face was calm and collected, eager for the challenge that lay in front of him. The other Arrancar was the exact opposite. He was a little shorter than the average height with a very muscular build. His short, navy blue hair seemed to defy his fiery personality. He wore a red Hakama with a blue sash. Unlike his counterpart, he was shirtless as if he were showing off his toned body. The remains of their hollow masks were on either side of their cheeks; the left cheek for the one in red and the right cheek for the one in blue. Their hollow holes were in the dead center of their chests, a staple for common Arrancar. Tsukishima was calm and collected if not a little irritated. While he knew he would be disturbed at some point, he hoped he could have had a few more fleeting moments of peace. Despite what the situation seemed, he was not worried. 

"Oh no. I have been caught," he said with a low, sarcastic grumble. A malicious grin started to form on the blue-haired Arrancar's face, causing the white hollow mask fragments to rise with it. "It's as my brother just said. There is nowhere left for you to run. We'll be the ones to finally take you out." The Arrancar chuckled as he raised his curved weapon towards the Former Espada's head. "We take you out and we'll be legends around here. After you, we'll go after the Primera. Prepare to lose your life at the hands of the soon to be new Lords of Hueco Mundo, Naka and Takeuchi Daisuke!" Tsukishima could only sigh, disappointed at their motivation. He figured it was time to teach the kids a lesson. "I see a few problems with your assertion," he says after a long pause, turning away from the two Arrancar. The red-haired Arrancar narrowed his eyes, changing his stare from icy determination to that of intrigue. "What was that now?" Now facing a row of trees, the skeletal hollow begins. "First and foremost, I am not running from anyone. I do not know how long you have been following me and quite frankly, I do not care. Secondly..." he continued, turning his head in their direction. The dimly lit red light in his eye sockets began to flare up, appearing as if fire billowed from within. "Why would I run away when it would be so much easier to kill you instead?"

The former Espada slammed his staff on the ground as the gold around it begins to peel away, revealing a long katana. Black reiatsu, similar to smoke, surrounds the blade as Tsukishima slowly lifts it up. He quickly slashes his blade in the air towards the row of trees behind the two before turning his back to them once more. The trees start to fall towards the two Arrancar, threatening to crush them under their massive weight. "Shit!" exclaimed the surprised Naka. As he reached up to stop the trees from falling towards the two, he sees the skeletal hollow appear beside him with his sword at the ready. With the sickening sound of flesh and steel colliding, Tsukishima swipes his sword against Naka's midsection. In an instant, he reappears next to Takeuchi and delivers another sliding swipe. The two Arrancar reel in pain and regroup, both clearly out of breath from the strike. "I'm rusty. I meant to bisect you from that. You'll have to forgive me. Millennia without practice can make a blade dull. Regardless, I commend you both for being alive. I'm impressed." His words betrayed the apathetic sound in his voice. He was toying with them. "Why wouldn't we be? You know we Arrancar have our Hierro. It's futile to attempt to cut us down with a blade as dull as that." he said with a laugh. "Is that so?" Tsukishima announces as he holds up his sword. The back of the blade was painted in crimson blood, dripping freely on the sands below. Bewildered, Naka placed his hand on his stomach and felt the warm sticky blood flow. He glances over and sees Takeuchi in a similar situation, though his brother's wound is more grievous than his own. He returned his glare towards the skeletal lord, his eyes full of contempt and rage. "So you aren't all hype. I suppose you were truly deserving of your former title. I guess we'll have to get serious then." A malicious grin spreads across his face as he nods towards his brother. "What? I suppose you are going to release your Zanpakuto now? I'm utterly terrified." A surprised expression shot across both of their faces, Tsukishima could only chuckle in amusement. "Why do you look so surprised? Did you forget that I once had the same power? Besides, it is obvious you two aren't fighting at full strength. I suggest you quit this charade and release whatever power you have. Give this new body a challenge." The two Arrancar smile as their reiatsu begins to surge. "Quite the hypothesis. Be careful what you wish for. Are you ready, Naka?" "You know it! Let's give this bastard our full power!" The two Arrancar raise their Zanpakuto towards their chest and quickly stab it in their chests. "Burn, Suzaku!" "Cascade, Musa!

WC: 1,069

• Like 1

As soon as Takeuchi said his Zanpakuto's name, it dissolved into a liquid that then poured from his Hollow hole and disappeared. Naka’s Zanpakuto turned into flames, erupting from his Hollow hole. This turn of events piqued the skeletal Lord's interest. The majority of Arrancar went through a metamorphosis of sorts when releasing. A call back to their true forms. These two, however, had no outwardly changes but their power still benefited from the release. Today was turning out to be promising. Turning to face the hollow, Naka asked. "What's wrong, you pile of bones? Have you never seen a release at this level before?" He grinned, pointing his fist at the still uninterested Tsukishima. "Well here's a first-hand experience!" he yelled, punctuating the last word with a burst of blazing-flames from his hand. "Are you serious? Fire? Really?" The skeletal hollow bluntly questioned as he easily avoided the blast. "You control fire? Then I'm assuming that this one," turning to face Takeuchi, "controls water?" The red-haired Arrancar pulled back a loose strand of hair off of his face. "Correct once again, oh Great One." "Now, if you'd please," began Takeuchi, now staring at Tsukishima, "Die!" His arm dissolved into water and launched itself at Tsukishima, who easily dodged. However, he didn't count on the water re-materializing into an arm, which then proceeded to club him in the back of the head, knocking him over. He recovered his fall into a dive-roll, using the momentum from the roll to launch himself at Takeuchi, slashing him in half. With a smile on his face, the two halves of Takeuchi dissolved into water, going around his ankles. "Now, Naka!" yelled the puddle of water that went around the former Espada's feet, constricting him. "Of course, brother!" yelled back the other Arrancar, whose forearms turned to flames. "Now die!” he hollered with a spiteful grin on his face, launching his arms at the Arrancar colliding with his body and covering him from head to toe in flames. “Goddammit, Naka!" yelled his brother retreating from the flames that were now engulfing their surroundings. "You made me steam again!" This was actually quite true, as steam was literally emanating from his body. "Heh, so?" asked Naka, uninterested. Flame sprouted out of where his forearms were missing, which then formed into new ones. "I killed him, didn't I? So why does it matter? Besides, we are now the new Lords of this dimension." "I think you may be mistaken," said a voice coming from the smoke. Surprised, the two brothers looked in the direction of the voice. As the smoke and steam cleared from the trees, Tsukishima emerged unharmed, the fire-like red light brimming from his eyes. "You look surprised to see I'm still alive." "How?" demanded Naka, grinding his teeth. "How are you still alive?" "Well, it's quite simple, really. Though I think it would be better for you to experience it for yourself. Here." he said, moving some of his robes to reveal his bare skeletal figure. "Shoot me with your flames again and see what happens. It's futile." "It’s your funeral!" This time his entire body dissolved into flames as he launched himself towards the awaiting Tsukishima. A large explosion occurs upon impact, blanketing the area. “It's over!”  The Arrancar says, as he now reassembles himself beside his brother. He turned around to admire his handiwork and then noticed that Tsukishima still stood there, untouched and unfazed by his attack. Tsukishima looked over his shoulder, a low sigh escaping from him. "You are correct." He sighed. "It looks like this fight will turn out to be much less interesting than I had predicted." It was high time he cut loose. He quickly exerts his full spiritual pressure, bringing both Arrancar to their knees by the sheer intensity of it. 

He turned to face the Arrancar, his cold red stare piercing through their soul. He disappeared, reappearing in front of a bewildered Naka; the blade in his right hand sinking into the off guarded Arrancar’s torso. Naka kicked out at the skeletal hollow but was quickly parried. The Flame Arrancar, however, used the recoil of the kick to separate himself from the blade inside his stomach. Lying on the ground, Naka grabbed his blackened stomach, polluted blood pouring from it onto the trodden path. "Damn you.” Growling lowly, Tsukishima turned towards Takeuchi, he blandly stated in a booming voice, "Your turn." Takeuchi prepared to guard the inevitable strike in front of him. He suddenly felt a presence behind him and, learning from his brother's mistake, turned himself into water just before the blade came crashing through his shoulder blades, splitting him horizontally. The separated water went up along the blade and surrounded Tsukishima in an attempt to bind him. Tsukishima merely let the water come up to him, surprising the Arrancar by its ineffectiveness. Roaring, Tsukishima slammed his sword into the ground, reiatsu swirling around both him and the aquatic Arrancar. Suddenly, the reiatsu explodes outward. As the reiatsu dies down, the former Espada was the only one standing; Takeuchi was lying on the ground next to his brother, steaming and missing his left arm. "Damn you!" he spat through gritted teeth. "Just what the hell are you, anyway? You aren't even an Arrancar anymore. Our difference in power should not be this great.” "What am I you ask? Simple, I am God born anew. Allow me to show you the power God is really capable of.” Slowly rising in the air, Tsukishima extends his palm as black energy charges from within. With a slight chuckle, the black cero rockets out, engulfing the two Arrancar in its way. As it dissipates, only scattered chunks of charred flesh and blood remain. “A pity..” the hollow says as he lands on the ground, his sword returning to its staffed form. He moves to depart but senses a familiar source of energy rushing towards him. Tesla, out of breath but with an odd grin on his face, arrives in front of his master. Fidgeting, he kneels down. “Why are you here, Tesla?” His voice was one of irritation, he did not want to be disturbed. “My Lord. My sincerest apologies but I come bearing exciting news. We have guests.”

WC: 1,042

• Like 1