Kaz

Devil's Requiem

A young woman looked around her, still in disbelief about what had happened. She had seen it all unfold right before her very eyes but still did not truly understand. Whatever her eyes fell upon, there was nothing but smoke and rubble. Huge chunks of the building that once stood exactly where she was standing lay everywhere. Everything there was gray. It was a dreary, uninspired gray that very well suited the occasion. The sun was shining in the background; the birds were chirping loudly. In front of her eyes, however, told a different story. It was only a mere four hours ago, everything was peaceful and sincere. The time had seemed to drag on for hours and hours; she could have easily mistaken it for days ago. The sky reflected the mood of the entire day, happiness. It was then when they came, the two abominations with immense power and destruction on their minds. It didn’t take them any longer than five minutes to ruin that day. The happiness was gone, the love and joyful feeling were gone. All that remained was gray, just pain and gray. Nothing remained. She sat amongst the rubble, firefighters, police, and paramedics all attempting to get her to move but all failing miserably. She remained in her spot, staring off into the distance. Only glancing back every once in a way to see the splatter of blood that was originally her husband. It was there as a stark reminder that all of this actually happened. It wasn’t some elaborate dream she could just wake up from when it was over, this was real life. He was dead; there was no bringing him back. A tear rolled down her cheek, showing off her dirtied skin from the day’s events. The tears were a welcome to her skin which had been diluted by dirt and blood. Her clothes and skin were caked with it but she did not mind. Nothing mattered that much anymore. They had already taken what mattered. She opted to wipe it off but soon relented, allowing it to harmlessly drop to the ground. It began to grow dark and people began to leave. Pretty soon it was just her, sitting alone in the darkness. Those two were not a part of this world, she knew that for sure. There was something about her husband, something that attracted all these weird things to him. He said he would protect her, and he did, but at what cost? She was now alone, alone and confused. She wished the day would start over again, just so she could have a few more precious moments with him. She whispered his name softly, clenching her fists and gritting her teeth. She released the grip on her hand, letting some of the dust that had built up finally scatter into the wind. Finally, she gets up from the ground, walking towards the moon overlooking the horizon. She’d never see his face again; feel the warmth of his embrace, all because of them. They were abominations, monsters even. She would be alone because of them; she would have to endure all of this pain because of them. She began to clench her fists once more, this time so hard that they began to bleed. She would find them and make them pay for what they did. She would beat them all mercilessly, one by one until they felt her pain. Only then after they begged for their lives would she grant them passage into the next world. Her right hand begins to burn as she opens it to hopefully ease the pain. As she does, a light blue glow of reiatsu forms around her hands and quickly dissipates. "Decade!" she whispers. As the woman walks away, Ayumi and Kazuma emerge from the shadows. She closes the box and hands it back to Kazuma, pleased by her work. Kazuma stroked his beard, intrigued by the recent turn of events. "So even with your reiatsu, they automatically target him? Narutaki sure has tunnel vision regarding this man. I do have to ask. Why her of all people?" Kazuma inquires. "Do you feel it Kazuma? Her sorrow. Her anguish. Her rage. All of it was so beautiful. I couldn't help but exploit it. I can't wait to see what she does with it." Chuckling at his partner's depraved reasons, he opens a Garganta. "Come. Let's see how the gauntlet card works."

In the coming days, she began to train to grow in power. She was no longer afraid, no longer scared but determined and confident. She was fully determined to defeat the ones who killed him. Her powers had grown exponentially in the little time she had. Ayumi watched and fed her development from the shadows, constantly producing hollows as obstacles for the woman to deal with. Nothing major, just something to foster the growth. At first, she could only see the blue glow every now and then. Pretty soon it evolved into something more, surrounding her hand at first and soon her entire body. It wasn’t long after that the reiatsu began to condense and harden, becoming a gauntlet of sorts. When she tapped into the immensity of her powers, that’s when her true potential shined. Her thinking grew warped and distorted, believing that Tetsuya was the sole source of all her grief. She believed that her husband definitely would have been proud of what she had become and the power she had. Now it was finally time to put that power to use.

A normal quiet day in Karakura, the wind is blowing gently and the birds are chirping. She walks down the street, a hand on her purse, the other dangling freely. Everything is calm, everything seems normal. The roar, the roar of yet another hollow pierced the skies. Everyone else walked as if they heard nothing but she did. She knew what it was and the danger these people were in. She’d seen their kind before and knew full well the damage they could do, the pain they could bring. Those damned supernatural entities. She moved swiftly and discreetly throughout the crowds, tracking the spiritual pressure of her prey. She was nearing her target and whether it knew it or not, it was in for a surprise. The hollow was closing in on its prey, a young boy with short hair. He was afraid, frightened, and alone. She stood behind the hollow and couldn’t help but feel for the kid. It wasn’t that long ago that she was in such a similar situation. She knew the fear he felt, but she would not let him go through that pain. With a loud shrill whistle, she gains the hollow’s attention before delivering a powerful kick to its neck. It yelps in pain as it crashes down, the woman landing gracefully on the ground. The kid scurries away, tears running down his face as he flees for his life. With the kid out of the way, she could cut close, albeit briefly. Her right arm begins to glow a bright blue, a silver gauntlet appearing soon after. The hollow gets up and attempts to attack but is stopped by a powerful punch from the gauntlet. She begins to rain down blows left and right, each one doing devastating damage to the hollow. Blood splatters on the ground as she continues to punch and punch. Each blow was stronger than the last, each one with the intent to kill. She does one final punch, the sheer force sending the hollow crashing into the building in front of her. It slumped down from the crater it made on impact, its breathing labored. The hollow seemed to be on its death bed, actually attempting to crawl away from the battle. She calmly walks over and slams her heels into its hand. She asks if it can speak, and after a few moments of silence, it replies in the affirmative. "Where is the one called Decade?" The hollow stares at the woman in bewilderment before informing her that it does not know. "Liar!" she screams as she delivers another punch to the downed hollow, killing it immediately. She roars in frustration as she turns to walk away, being stopped by Ayumi's presence. She goes to move towards the Arrancar but is stopped, feeling a sense of comfort and familiarity around her. Ayumi quickly moves to the woman, gently stroking her chin with her hand. "I know where he is. Would you like for me to tell you?"

WC: 1,424

• Like 3

"Yeah, I'll be there in a little while. Just wanted to check up on this guy and see if he remembered anything." "Fine. Hurry back. I have something I have to do later," Rinko replies as she hangs up. Tetsuya sighs as he shoves his phone back into his pocket before walking back inside the hospital. It has been a few days since the avian creature attacked him. The man that the beast possessed had finally awoken in the hospital. He had multiple broken bones and it was a damned miracle that he was even alive. Thankfully for him, everyone who had seen him transform into the creature aside from Tetsuya had been killed. Tetsuya hoped that the man might have remembered what happened before he went on a rampage. Pretending to be an employee of the man's hotel, Tetsuya was granted some time to visit him. Just enough to be able to talk and leave.

He gently knocks on the door and waits for a moment before sliding it open. He sees the man laying on the bed, most of his body wrapped in a cast. His eyes were barely open as he looked at the television across from him. "How are you doing sir? Feeling a little better than yesterday?" The man's eyes darted over to Tetsuya before he struggles to nod. "Feel like shit. Could be worse. The hell are you?" he mutters. Tetsuya sits down in the chair across from him, pulling the chair closer to the bed. "My name is Tetsuya. I work with the hospital's psychiatry department. Just here to speak with you and see if you remember what all happened." The man was silent for a moment, directing his glance back towards the television. "I honestly don't remember. One minute, I was walking to work upset about something idiotic my employees had done. Then I felt a sharp pain in my back. The next thing I know, I'm here with all of these tubes hooked up to me. I was told that there was a sudden tornado that hit the town and that I was dangerously close to the touchdown point." "That's one way of putting it," Tetsuya muttered under his breath. The man obviously didn't know the damage he caused and that was probably for the best. He seemed to be a mild-mannered fellow. To inform him that he was temporarily possessed by a blood starved beast would likely be too much to handle. Tetsuya quickly wrapped up the conversation and departed the room before any real hospital officials came in. His investigation had gone nowhere and he was just as clueless as he was before.

As he begins to head towards the elevator, his phone rings again. "Are you going to be here soon? I have a present for you." "Unless you can get me connected with the spiritual beings of this dimension, preferably not the mindless variants, I probably don't want it." As Rinko begins to speak on the other line, Tetsuya begins to feel sluggish. That same overwhelming feeling from after he defeated the avian creature prior. Looking out the window, he sees a lone figure in the distance. "Gotta go Rinko. Will call back later," he mutters. The figure thrusts its arm forward as a small red orb of energy rockets forward. As it nears, Tetsuya regains his mobility and dodges as the last second. The energy orb smashes through the window and out the other side, harmlessly dissipating afterward. As he materializes a card and prepares to transform, he sees that the figure is gone yet again. "Dammit. It's toying with me," he says as he lets the card vanish. To his intrigue, the overwhelming feeling could be felt. This was obviously a trap but Tetsuya's intrigue was too much. "Let's see what its game is.”

WC: 639

• Like 3

A thunderous boom roared in the sky as the rain began to fall. The woman arrived at the same location where her husband perished, full of determination. She chose this spot to be the end of where it all began for her. Things would come full circle. She would avenge her husband as he watched over her. While the woman was confident in her new abilities, there was a nagging feeling that she'd fall as well. The potential thought of death didn't affect her as much as it should have. She'd either avenge his death and kill the one called Decade or she'd join him in the next life. Both sounded pretty good to her. It was a win-win situation. She no longer felt weak or defenseless. She could hold her own and take on anything that came her way. One year ago, the woman would have never believed she would turn out how she did. But a lot of things have changed since then. "I'll be with you soon," she whispered as she awaited her foe.

Tetsuya dashed from rooftop to rooftop, taking full advantage of the extra abilities this dimension provided him. That weird sensation he felt continually egged him along, nearly disappearing before coming back in full force. Tetsuya wondered what or who he would find at the end of this little game. The sensation stopped as Tetsuya neared its last known location. Looking around, he felt a sense of familiarity. This was the same area where he fought the avian creature a short time back. There was no coincidence that he was brought back here. He readied his card, waiting to transform at a moment's notice. Amond the wreckage, he saw her. A woman dressed in black who kept her icy gaze locked onto Tetsuya. It was obvious that she was not the source of the sensation he felt. Was she apart of trap? Tetsuya leaps down a good distance away from her but with just enough space for the two of them to converse. "I take it I'm supposed to meet you here? Tetsuya inquires. The woman is beside herself. She could immediately tell he was there. He was one of those abominations that took her beloved.

"Are you Decade? Are you one of them who took him from me?" she mutters as she rubs the golden gauntlet on her right hand. "Dammit." Tetsuya thought. It had to have been yet another one of Narutaki's machinations. Another person warped against their will in order to kill Tetsuya. The woman that stood before him seemed different. She wasn't a mindless beast like that previous one. Perhaps she could be made to see reason. "I've been called that. Whatever you have been told I did is incorrect. I haven't taken anyone." "LIAR" she screams as a burst of energy swirls around her. The sheer force of the energy is strong enough to push Tetsuya backward slightly. "I saw you! You look different now but you cannot fool me. I know it was you. You were one of them who did this. You destroyed this place. You took him away from me. Now, I'll take everything away from you. Bit by bit." Tetsuya realized that the woman had to have been one of the residents here. She must have lost someone close to her in the destruction. His suspicions were confirmed. Narutaki's influence had warped her. Tetsuya held his hands up, not wanting to add additional grief to the woman. "I was merely defending myself from that beast. I, surprisingly enough, wasn't trying to destroy anything around here yet. I.." As Tetsuya goes to finish his sentence, he notices three strands of hair harmlessly fall to the ground below. She stood with her right arm arched out; the gauntlet emitted smoky blue energy as if a gun had just been fired. Her accuracy was commendable; he knew she missed on purpose. If the attack had hit, it might have done some serious damage to his unarmored form. He waited for her to talk, to some anything, but she did not. She remained stoic and silent, eyes fixated on her prey. At that moment, he understood. He would not get out of this diplomatically. Whatever she had been warped into was dangerous and needed to be dealt with immediately.

"Very well," he muttered as he pulled on the sides of his belt. The belt hummed as he materialized a card and inserted it into the slot at the top. "Kamen Ride: Decade!" the belt announced. Magenta energy enveloped Tetsuyaa as he emerged from within in his armored form. The appearance of this form sends shivers up the woman's spine. There it was. The form of the abomination that did this. The focus of her rage, her hatred. The gauntlet on her arm began to morph, spreading up to the top of her should as if it were liquid. The tip of the gauntlet elongated into a sword which the woman aimed at Tetsuya's head. In response, Tetsuya summons his own sword and readies himself. "If she is possessed by something like that guy at the hospital, I only need to defeat her." As one big bolt of lightning strikes the ground a fair distance away, the two of them disappear. They both appear hovering slightly about the ground, each delivering a froward strike with their weapons. Both blades run against each other, sparks flying off in the distance from the strike. The two lock eyes; one set filled with sorrow and rage, the other with a sense of amusement. The two disappear once more, returning to their original positions. Tetsuya is thoroughly surprised, noting her impressive power and speed. Despite his feelings regarding the matter, he was intrigued by this turn of events. Things became more and more interesting by the second; he could barely contain his excitement. Perhaps she'd give him the challenge he sought. 

WC987

• Like 2

The rain rhythmically splashed against the ground, the thunder echoing in between blows. Both Tetsuya and the woman traded shot after shot, each being impressed by the other's strength and resolve. Neither was concerned as they were both holding back their true power. She wanted to save it until the very end, hoping to crush him with her full power. She had mastered it to such a degree where it's spiritual pressure easily dwarfed what Tetsuya was currently displaying. Tetsuya, on the other hand, had a slightly different goal in mind. He was not planning on releasing his full power at all; he didn't believe he needed to do so. She could grow in power for as long as she possibly wanted and it would serve no purpose. The end would be the same as it is for everyone else who dared to fight; she would fall to his true might. His sword was the only thing he would need to draw out. That alone was solely due to the fact that he respected her fortitude for even challenging him. Warped or not, her determination was impressive. Most would have remained where they were and cowered at the scene before them. Most would not have had the resolve to train and gain this power. The resolve to put an end to this was the only reason he drew his blade. However, the magenta warrior would soon come to regret the decision to hold back his power as she begins to slowly push him back with her attacks. Her strikes became more and more intense, putting all of her strength and then some into each attack. The two strikes simultaneously, a violent torrent of wind kicks up. The trees and debris surrounding them blow away from the strike. It seems, if only for a fleeting moment, that the rain stops as well. The two slide back, both at the ready for whatever comes next. Her clothes are slightly ripped from the battle, a small but heavily bleeding gash on her forehead. Tetsuya was surprisingly winded by the woman's relentless attacks, a true testament to her power. She was out of breath but still determined to battle, opting to reveal her secret weapon now. She really didn't want to release it right now, opting to torture and humiliate him for taking her happiness away. Unfortunately, she saw no other alternative. This senseless clashing was getting her nowhere, only serving to drain her powers. As much as she would rather not, she had to finish this battle now.

She closes her eyes as blue reiatsu begins to swirl around her. It coats her body, eventually hardening with an appearance similar to her gauntlet. A burst of energy envelopes her, dissipating soon after to reveal her in body armor, not unlike Tetsuya's. It was skin tight and rather revealing, a golden gray body armor that was quite durable despite its appearance. Her bladed gauntlet had a more regal appearance to it with golden accents running alongside the blade. The new transformation and its familiarity surprised Tetsuya but he remained unfazed. She gives a slight smirk as she points her sword towards Tetsuya once more, a golden ball of energy forming at the tip. In a split second, the ball of energy fires off, taking huge chunks of the ground as it does so. The Armored warrior does not realize the power behind the blast until it is too late; narrowly dodging but still taking a large brunt of the attack. The shock-wave from the blast still knocks the warrior back as the woman takes off after him. She begins to rapidly hack and slash with her sword, following up each attack with another as Tetsuya bounces off the ground like a basketball. She increases her speed to get in front of him as she delivers a powerful rising kick to the back of his head. The sheer force from the blow is enough to send Tetsuya flying high into the clouds. She chuckles as she appears in front of the armored warrior as she flew upward, her hand opened and another golden ball of energy charging. She releases the energy ball as it makes a sound aking to a sonic boom. As it nears Tetsuya, the look of anger and annoyance behind his helmet says it all. The mass of energy explodes, as the woman lands on the ground thinking her job is completed. Turning around, she begins to leave but is stopped by the overwhelming force of spiritual pressure. She turns around to see Tetsuya floating in the air, untouched aside from her earlier barrage. He could feel that his lip was bleeding, the taste of his blood was an unexpected development. He was irritated and yet elated that he now had to exert some of his true power. It was time to remove some of the handicaps. Since her new form heavily involved swordplay, he would counter with some of his own. Materializing a card, he quickly inserts it in the top of his belt. "Kamen Ride: Gaim!" the belt announces.

A small crack appears above Tetsuya as orange energy begins to swirl around him. A large lock in the shape of an orange fruit appears from the crack. The orange energy disperses as it reveals Tetsuya clad in blue and yellow light armor. A smaller version of the fruit lock appears in Tetsuya's hand which he places in the form's new belt. Flicking the blade-like switch on the belt, the larger orange lock splits open and covers his upper body. "Soiya! Orange Arms! Hanamichi on Stage!", the belt announces. Orange energy swirls around Tetsuya once more as he is revealed in his completed armor. He aims the form's new sword, which has the appearance of an orange slice, towards the woman. "Playtime is over. This is my stage now."

WC: 978

• Like 2

Tetsuya takes off with all of his speed as he moves so fast that his form begins to blur. A loud clap could be heard echoing as he shoots through the sky. The woman stands with her sword at the ready, awaiting her foe's new form. As soon as the armored warrior comes within ten feet of the woman, he disappears. She wonders where he has gone, briefly letting her guard down for a moment. It is at that moment she feels herself being pushed towards the right. Gradually at first but she is soon sent tumbling down towards the ground. Blood flows freely from a gash on the side of her face thanks to Tetsuya's sword. Not wanting to give the woman an inch to breathe, he charges directly towards her and delivers a swift kick to her left side. The sheer power from the kick is so great that it manages to crack a few of her ribs and nearly pierces her lungs. On instinct, she manages to grab his leg and hold it against her body, effecting trapping Tetsuya in the motion. With a noticeable struggle, she charges energy around her sword and attempts to bring it down in order to sever his leg. At the last second, Tetsuya easily parries the strike with his Daidaimaru sword, counterattacking with such force that she is sent careening down to the ground below. The sound of the sickening thud on impact echoes. She coughs up blood as her body lay underneath the rubble. Her vision was blurry. Her body felt as if it were on fire. She likely had multiple broken bones and fractures but it did not matter. Nothing mattered but one thing. She had to kill him. She needed to kill him. He had to feel the same pain that she felt. The same loss that she experienced. She gave in to despair and temptation. Her spiritual pressure spikes, sending a column of energy up towards the sky and blowing away the rubble that covered her. She appeared from the rubble changed. Her body had gone through yet another transformation of sorts. The armor changed into something more akin to a full bodysuit. All revealing parts were now covered and adorned with spikes. A skull-like helmet covered her head with a thin black line where the mouth would be. "How very hollow-like," Tetsuya mentioned as he lands on the ground. He sighed deeply as he realized how this battle would end. She was beyond saving.

He begins to charge forward towards the woman, his footsteps blending in with the rainfall. Without giving her time to react once he neared her, he delivers a sickening kick to the jaw, sending her into a building behind them. The force from the kick is enough to bring the rest of the building down around her, burying her within yet another pile of rubble. He quickly appears above the rubble, pulling her limp body up from the ground. Low guttural growls escape from her masked head, confirming what Tetsuya already knew. The thin line begins to expand and split open as another golden ball of energy starts to form. Tetsuya, not wanting to be hit by the attack yet again, lets her body go and slams the butt of his sword against her chin. The ball of energy implodes on impact as smoke escapes from the sides of the cracks. "Time to end this game." Tetsuya flicks the blade-like switch on his belt once more and as orange energy focuses around his blade. "Attack Ride: Gaim! Orange Squash!" the belt announces as Tetsuya unleashes five series of slashes towards the woman. The orange energy strikes from the sword take the appearance of orange slices as they all explode upon contact. This was only the surface level of his full power but he hoped that it proved a point. The difference in their power was like night and day. Heaven and Hell. Her body collapsed to the ground, the armor and power soon fading away. Her breathing was labored but she slowly began to stand. With a struggle, she attempted to make her way towards Tetsuya. As she slowly sticks her arm out, she begins to fall over. Tetsuya quickly catches her falling body in his arms. She glances at him, eyes glazed over, and begins to speak. "I did it. I managed to kill him. I can finally be at peace with you. My love." As those final words leave her lips, her body crumbles away leaving only a small card with a picture of an armored gauntlet on it. As Tetsuya begins to examine the card, he notices that it begins to crumble as well.

"Damn. No leads," he mutters. "Seems that she used too much power and burned her life force away. A shame that the card went with her. Humans are such fragile creatures." Tetsuya turns to see a man floating a good distance away from him flanked by two others. A man who had his arms crossed and seemed ready to cleave Tetsuya's head off at the first opportunity and a woman who clutched a small black box. He could feel that same sensation emanating from the man who watched him with a smirk as he stroked his beard. This was the one he sought. "I assume you three are the ones who set this up?" Tetsuya says as he reverts to his normal magenta form. "Perhaps. I now understand what Narutaki sees in you. What he fears about you. You are truly a fearsome man." Tetsuya quickly moves to attack but his sword strike is easily blocked by the hulking brute of the group. "You fucking killed my kid," he mentions as he strikes Tetsuya down with a closed fist. Tetsuya tumbles to the ground, quickly regaining his footing to prepare for a counterattack. "So they were behind the attack from before." he thinks as he clutches his sword once more. To his surprise, he sees the trio opening a portal behind them. "Our time will soon come. For now, enjoy your victory. We'll be seeing you, Decade." The woman nonchalantly waves as the portal closes behind them, leaving Tetsuya alone with his thoughts once more. "That was obviously one of those Garganta the hollows use. I can only assume that they were Arrancar. What the hell has Narutaki cooked up this time?" The armor around him dissipates as Tetsuya dusts himself off. The woman was a dangerous opponent, he could only imagine what they would produce next. As he begins to get lost in his thoughts, his phone rings once more. Knowing full well who is calling, he answers. "Get back here now. Your surprise is ready."

WC: 1,122

Expert Level Gafu achieved

• Like 2

Tetsuya stands out in front of a massive high-rise building in the heart of Naruki City with his mouth agape. Rinko, exiting from the car they arrived in, casually places her hand on his lower jaw and closes his mouth with a smile. It was a very rare sight to see Tetsuya in a state of bewilderment. Seeing him like that was akin to a unicorn sighting. Only made possible by Rinko. "How? How in the hell did you manage this?" Tetsuya finally manages to say as he points to the building in front of them. The ivory building towered over everything in the area, its size rivaling that of similar towers in New York City. Its stell framework and polished glass made the building glimmer in the sunlight. The name "Hikari Incorporated" was emblazoned on the front of the building in blue sitting just above the entrance. "What the hell did you do?" Rinko smiles and grabs Tetsuya by the hand, quickly attempting to lead him inside. "You said that you wanted to meet the spiritual entities that inhabited this dimension right? Well, now you have the means to do so." She quickly ushers him inside the building with a particular skip in her step. Inside, Tetsuya sees numerous people hard at work. Some were furiously typing on computers, others mingled with idle small talk. "Good Afternoon, Mr. Kataoka. Ms. Hikari." one man says as he carries a stack of paperwork to his cubicle. Others wave as they pass by; Tetsuya still dumbfounded by what he is seeing. "How?" he repeats again as the two reach an elevator. "If I told you, you'd get angry. Let's just say I called in a favor." Tetsuya audibly groaned as the elevator closed, instantly recognizing the source of her favor. As she predicted, Tetsuya was pissed. "Your father again?! You are aware Narutaki has likely employed the Arrancar I told you about to kill me right? If he is so deadset on killing me, why is he trying to help?" Rinko sighs as she presses the button to the top floor, ignoring the seething Tetsuya standing beside her. "He's not trying to kill you per se. He just wants you to stop destroying things. Plus this was a gift for me. It just so happens that you are receiving the benefits of said gift." "The man has literally said that he wants me dead! Besides, you help me making the determining decisions on whether or not I destroy dimensions." Rinko dismissively waves her hand as the elevator opens to the top floor, exiting it with a skip. "Eh, don't sweat the small stuff. It's fine," she replies as she beckons Tetsuya to come forward. "You and your family are insane," Tetsuya mutters as he enters the new room. The new room was dimly lit with monitors and computer equipment in every corner. In the back of the room was a door with the words 'Boss" in pink lettering. The small number of people in the room quickly rose to their feet when the two of them arrived. Rinko waves at them before entering the door to the next room. Tetsuya could only say one thing as he walks inside. The room was predictably decorated in things that Rinko liked. The walls were light blue and an impressively large desk sat in the back. "Incredible," Tetsuya says condescendingly as he shakes his head. Rinko sits down behind the desk in the room and smiles. "Hikari Incorporated! You name it. We kill it... Well, you kill it but you get the point." "You...you created an extermination business? How the hell does killing bugs help?" "It's not bug extermination silly. It's more of a hitman for hire type deal. All of the workers, all of the equipment is to help monitor and detect spiritual beings that enter this native dimension. With this, I figure you can use this to get in contact with other spiritual races in this dimension you haven't met. Once you find them, and hopefully stay on their good side, they can contact you for jobs. Kill the things they can't...or won't. You learn more about them and figure out if they are worth erasure. Plus I get money out of it. Everyone wins." Tetsuya could only shake his head. While the motive was purely for her, he had to realize that it was a rather ingenious plan. For once, he had to thank Narutaki for something though he'd never do it. For the time being, he had to focus on other matters. "We are changing the name of it." "Not a chance."

WC: 771

• Like 2