"Oh! Sorry, sir. I got ahead of myself. Kotaro, Kotaro Anubis" the hollow responded with the realization he had skipped over his name. Draiden thinks that highly of me? Wow. Guess I'll have to surpass that praise. Then he nodded on the proud comment. To be acknowledged by an Espada in his current state gave the young Vasto Lorde great pride in himself. Even with such praise from both of them, I have much to learn. And, Los Noches is the best place for that! 

Kotaro had been paying attention to the conversations and actions of those around him, instead of the different environment inside Los Noches through the open gates. Thus, as they began walking into the huge fortress, the Vasto Lorde had to squint his eyes against the 'sudden' change in light. The bright light from the fake sky caught Kotaro off guard, "W-What the hell~ is going ooooonn....?" His voice trails off as he looks around at the sun lit interior of the dome. The hollow saw a vast landscape of sand, like outside. But, this sand had several building of different sizes throughout it. Some of them were extremely tall and others smaller. The Vasto Lorde looked up at the sky again, curious as to why it looked like the World of the Living's sky, with light too.

(OOC: The buildings (some anyway) should be the Espadas' personal residences. Going off the manga and anime.)

Edited by Kotaro Anubis
  • Like 3

Lurker    76

The Adjuchas had a small grin at the mention of his two evolutions in a single day. It seemed like forever ago, but he was so weak at the beginning of the day. He were grateful to the neon-haired arrancar since it was because of his intervention that he became what he is now. Lurker was perplexed at the mention of the power of the Vasto Lorde. Is he really that powerful? From my point of view, he is nothing comparing him to Draiden. Maybe I missed something. And again, he seemed to have missed something else, did Absolon really "death"glared at the ex-espada? If it meant anything it seemed more like... disappointment. 

Draiden would then add some more insignificant comments then went off before Absolon could say anything to him. After that, the speech that Kotaro gave truly impressed him. Such intense emotions, and without a crack in his voice. A place to belong huh? I guess it would be nice to have somewhere to call a home. His kneeling is a bit much tho. With a smile he added to his thoughts and he forgot to introduce himself, he is so nervous. The cero espada then helped him stand up and asked for his name, which he gave in a hurry and a quick apology. 

After this, Absolon officially welcomed the two new arrivals to Las Noches and asked Draiden to join them. It was with a straight back and a new determined look that Lurker walked with him through the gates of the immense fortress. 

The hollow knew what to expect, but Las Noches was even more impressive with its new reconstruction, the sky seemed brighter and more real than ever. The sand did not have any traces of imperfection and his gaze were immediately attracted by the huge white pillars coming from it. Kotaro's comment sent a smile across Lurker face as he said "You did well with that place Absolon, it is even better than before. I'm impressed."

• Like 2

Merlin    325

Draiden would follow the group attempting to keep up , silent but solom. No words to be said no words to fail him. Rather unatural for the neon haired arrancar but he wasnt feeling all that chatty instead a nuestral face was carved upon him.

• Like 1

They all entered the great fortress known as Las Noches and instantly the two newcomers were astonished. They immediately stepped out of darkness into light, which was an impressive feat all by itself yet there was far more. Its size alone was perplexing as its endless skies and seas of sand made it appear bigger than outside. “Kotaro it is still hard to believe after laying your own eyes on it, isn’t it?” Absolon asks. The Vasto Lorde was slightly speechless and rightfully so. “There are over ten palaces within these great walls and it is roughly a six day stroll from end to end. If you two become its newest residents you will come to know its layout much better.”

Lurker’s next words took Absolon by surprise. “What do you mean better than before? Is this not your first time seeing the inside?” asked Absolon but Vatto was the first to speak up.

“That one has a way of… consuming things. It’s quite fascinating,” states Vatto. He then nods at Lurker confirming that its ok to speak freely with Absolon right now. In fact the more capable he proved to be the more useful he was to the Cero and Las Noches. Vatto didn't know much about these two yet either but he felt they would be very important to the future of all Hollows.

• Like 2

Kotaro was a member of Los Noches now, this realization brought new energy to his life and body. He nodded in response to Absolon's inquiry. The insane size of the place only seemed bigger inside. It would take 6 whole days to get from here to the other side?!...... He stood there speechless for a good bit just in amazement. Then, he collected himself. The size and the time it  would take to travel around this place reminded the little hollow of his earlier question that he had forgotten to ask. He looked to Draiden, then to Absolon. Kota figured that if one knew, the others would too, considering that they were all Arrancar.

"When Draiden helped us hunt those rouge Arrancar, I saw him disappear and reappear multiple times. I never got the chance to ask how? How did you move so fast, I couldn't even see you..." He asked with great interest.

It seemed that there was one more thing Kotaro could learn. He had to train his swordsmanship a lot, he could always improve his martial arts, and now this new speed ability. After listening to Vatto, Kotaro agreed, "I concur completely. His way of eating is really unique."

• Like 2

Lurker    76

After Absolon was answered by an excited nod, he asked Lurker about his experience with Las Noches. Vatto answered partially, and Kotaro agreed with his statement. The Tres Espada then signaled the multiform hollow to continue, which he did, even if explaining his ability again and again was getting boring. "Like the two of them said, the way I consume is quite exclusive." He turned toward a giant white boulder and said: "I guess It would be quicker if I demonstrate it directly."

He lifted his palm, and a black javelin was expelled from it. It's been already a few hours since Lurker's main body was in intensive training to increase his speed, and this was equivalent to nearly five months of constant practicing. The force at which the javelin was shot was tremendous. The boulder exploded in hundreds of pieces, but it wasn't what Lurker intended to show. Each fragment had been tainted by the hollow's infection, they quickly melted and then converted to more black goo before anyone got hit. They then floated to merge with his Arrancar form.

"I perfectly control every single cell in my body. They can disintegrate the bounds holding Reishi, Kishi, and Reiryoku together to transform them into pure energy. They can then duplicate themselves and restart the cycle." He paused for a few seconds to let them process this information. "This is not all. They can directly absorb souls, giving me all of their memories and experience. I endured more than 400 000 lives. This is how I know about the fortress." While he talked, he separated into four distinct bodies, each with the exact appearance and Reitsu signature of Draiden, Vatto, Kotaro, and Absolon. A short moment later they all reformed into one, morphing into his last Arrancar form.

After explaining and showing his powers, he spoke to Absolon with a determined tone: "I was serious when I talked about information gathering and manpower."

Even if Kotaro's question wasn't meant for him, he answered in his own way. Using a well-honed Sonido, he left an afterimage of himself that slowly disappeared while he whispered directly behind the Vasto's ear: "Like this?" Lurker wasn't a fool; he knew doing that could be risky, so he prepared to dodge if the surprised hollow tried to hit him by reflex with another Sonido. Either way, he would return to his original position with his newly trained skill. A few hours ago Lurker couldn't even execute this skill correctly, but now he was extremely proficient with it. Of course, it was still nothing comparing to Vatto or Draiden.

• Like 3

Merlin    325

Draiden's ears would perk up , as the recollection of lurkers mannerisms pertaining to feeding came back into play. The privaron espada had to look at things from another angle or the big picture if you will. Las noches had in draidens mind no allies say for those paticular spiritual signature's that seemed to scare off the quincy ; many questions lay unanswered about that. 'we need an informant but at the same time his method of eating puts us at high risk , numeros are our foot soldiers and as an adhujas he will need to feed or else he will permantly regress'  he would think to himself as his gaze became fixed on lurker as if deciding what he should do next in that very moment. Draiden wasnt one to gamble , why would a lazy man like him put hardships on his shoulders.

Draiden would speak while leaning aginst a rock "lurker you can be a valuable asset its undeniable, but be aware should you or kotaro impead las noches" his eyes fixated the two hollows, as if they where the only two in the area and no one else "it will fall upon me and vatto to erase the problem , but more importantly lurker as an adhujas you need to constantly eat or you'll regress so to you i say if i notice the population of the numeros dropping you know whats coming"  he would say once again sounding like a patriot to his home.

He would the face kotaro "im not to worried about you , but one of these days lets shake the foundation of this place in spar" this would be said with a small wink.

• Like 3

After being astonished by the sheer size and beauty of Las Noches, Kotaro asked a question that has been on his mind. It was clear to Absolon that they were both curious, studious Hollows that yearned for more. More knowledge, more power, more prestige, they were all desires that could be fulfilled here in this fortress. “It is called Sonido and most learn it by the time they become an Arrancars. That is ‘if’ they are capable of such a feat. But don’t worry you two can learn this and so much more if you find that this is were you belong,” Absolon answered as he comes to a stop. They were obviously eager to learn, train and help out so they could finish the tour later. Besides they weren't quite members yet so there was no need to rush.

Vatto started the explanation that the Cero inquired about, complimenting the Adjuchas as he did, then allowing Lurker to elaborate with a short speech and a few demonstrations. “Wow, that’s something special indeed,” Absolon commented but Lurker continued. He briefly explained how it all worked followed by another impressive demonstration. Besides the difference in spiritual energy, someone would be hard press to tell that the copies  Lurker created were imposters. “It seems so,” he said with a smile, replying to Lurker’s sincerity.

The Adjuchas certainly had some tricks up his sleeves and he wasn’t done yet. Targeting the Vasto Lorde for his next demonstration Lurker reveals his knowledge of Sonido. The Adjuchas would attempt to whisper in Kota's ear. Lurker’s Sonido was poised and refined. Honestly for an Adjuchas it was quite remarkable but he still lacked the speed and acceleration of the Hollows that has transcended him.

After Lurkers thorough explanation and performance Draiden was the first to chime in. Vatto simply nodded agreeing with the Privaron while Absolon chuckled. “Yes try not to create more work for those two or you will certainly end up on their bad side. I will also have to insist that you do not eat Any Hollow that belongs to Las Noches without my consent, or good reason...”

There was no point in delaying it any further. They were certainly good candidates for the Espadas but first they must complete their initiation mission. “Before you are fully welcomed into this family of misfits you must prove yourself capable in the field,” says Absolon taking a step closer to them. “If you two are ready to join I have just the mission for you.” He paused long enough to hear their answer. If they agreed he would divulge the details. “Your objective is simple. Find the current dealings and whereabouts of the masked Arrancar known as Monk. And if you happen to come across him invite him back here. Tell him we await his return.” Absolon went on to explain in better detail Monk’s appearance and characteristics so that they could identify him.

Typically they would both be given separate missions to complete but that was for Arrancars. As both Kotaro and Lurker are still lesser Hollows Absolon would allow them both to work together. His hope is that this would thicken whatever bond they had between them. If they learned to work together early on perhaps they could be different than the Espadas that came before them, perhaps. 

Edited by Yoshirou (Kyōraku)
  • Like 3

Kotaro watched as Lurker shot a large nearby boulder, and then it exploded with high force. But, due to his earlier experiences with it, plus knowing the pieces couldn't hurt him, the Vasto Lorde didn't do anything to block or dodge. Kota simply watched as the rocks dissolved and flew to Lurker, joining his body. Nice. Great way to show it, he thought. Then, he watched as Lurker split into complete clones of the four of them. He stared with a mix of interest, amazement, and anger. Kotaro didn't try to hide these emotions within his energy as he commented, "I'm not sure if I like that..." For someone else to be able to copy his form and energy signature,... was a bit off putting.

After he said that, Kotaro heard the unique sound of someone's Sonido. It caught the hollow off guard as no one seemed to mov- Lurker then started to fade. His body is disap-?! - his thought was cut short by Lurker's sudden voice behind him. This surprise sent Kotaro into a semi-battle mode. The Vasto Lorde turned around very quickly. And as he spun, he drew his sword and swung a horizontal cut in one motion, aiming for Lurker's neck. The spin created a small circle in the sand where his feet moved, while the swing made a blast of wind of moderate strength. But, Kotaro brings the blade to a stop mere inches from where Lurker's neck would have been had the Adjuchas stayed. "Shit man! Don't do things like that~!" Kotaro exclaimed with annoyance. Then, he turned back around while sheathing his sword.

As Draiden spoke, Kotaro took several calming breaths. Then, he nodded his understanding. Him, causing trouble would be a thing of low possibility. After the Privanon Espada drew interest to a spar in the future, Kotaro couldn't help but get a little excited, "Oh, for sure! Sounds like fun."

When Absolon began speaking, Kotaro listened with curious silence. Sonido, so that's what's it's called. Cool. And, it comes to Arrancar naturally? That's good to know. But, I want to learn it before that though, at least a little. Then the Cero Espada came to them and started to explain a mission he had for the two. Kotaro's ears twitched a few times as he burned the info into his mind. He nodded his acceptance of the mission and listened to the description of Monk. "We shall do our best, sir."

• Like 2

Lurker    76

The cocktail of emotions Kotaro exhibited in his aura was easily detected by Lurker's sense, but he did not need to ask about it as the Vasto Lorde clearly stated his opinion vis-à-vis the Adjuchas' copying feat. The latter chose to ignore the comment and carry on. He is so quick to anger. There are a lot more unknown special abilities in this world; obviously, there would be such copying techniques. I suppose it is his lack of experience that is speaking. 

A few moments after Lurker's Sonido demonstration, where his head was nearly cut off, he replied to Kotaro's warning with an amused grin and a humorous tone: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but you know, I kinda like this head of mine. It would be much appreciated if I could keep it." 

Draiden then selected this moment to warn him about devouring anyone he pleased, and Absolon agreed with a chuckle and advised of not obstructing Las Noches' path. Lurker answered to their worries seriously: "Of course, this was needless to say. As for my regressing problem, you don't have to concern yourself about it Draiden. I am continuously eating as we speak. My needs are attended for." And they were. He did have an army under Hueco Mundo, hunting without rest to feed him. Even if Lurker accepted Absolon's advice, he did notice the emphasis on needing a good reason. Rules are made to be broken after all.

Then, the Cero Espada asked the two candidates if they were ready for their initiation mission. He was quickly answered by Lurker: "Of course, we were born ready." It was evident that the two of them were not to be trusted nor acknowledged that easily. This mission is their first opportunity to show how capable they are. He then quietly listened to Monk's description as he held his question until the end. "How about his last known whereabouts?" This quest will prove to be quite a challenge. Searching for a single entity in all the worlds without any clues is close to impossible, even with Lurker's nature. He hoped that with his last question, a place to start his investigation would be given. 

Lurker's vast knowledge was still lacking as he did not know anything about that "Monk," the first step of his mission will probably be to absorb the soul of someone that knew/saw/survived him. The last shinigamis he ate did know about a recent Arrancar's attack in Soul Society, but they had no clue about who that was.

• Like 2