ChaosKaiz    591

The sun would start its climb over the horizon, blessing the day with a gentle kiss of light as the soft colors of autumn leaves would dance throughout the sky. Many birds would take to the sky and speak into the air as people would already begin their morning routines during this work day for many. Most days were like any other, in which people would wake up, perform their morning tasks, and make their way to work. Such would be the same for Security Account Manager Alexander King, who has been up for more than an hour now in his home tending to his morning tasks. 

"Alexa, what is the weather going to be like?" Alexander would speak up as he would get up from the floor, covered in sweat, and put some of his weights back on their respective racks in the corner of his living room area. 

"It is going to be clear skies with highs of 76 with lows of 71." Alexa would respond as Alexander would head towards the bathroom to clean himself off before going to work.

After turning on the shower as to give it time to warm up, he would turn his gaze towards the mirror for a moment and pause to stare back at himself. A Black man in Karakura Town is not a common thing, but it is the facts that he stands to live with especially being one that manages part of a huge company overseas from America. It took time for him to adjust to the way things were over here, but he has become pretty acclimated for the most part. Although his mind would stop going down the thoughts of his adjustment to living in Japan as his green eyes would start to change color slightly as a silvery tint would start to appear.

He would blink quickly and once he opened them, the green would return without a hint of the silver that had just existed. Realizing that he would be late for work if he did not get ready, he would have to rush to get into the shower and get ready for the day.

Once he made it out his house, he would make his way towards work on foot. He always preferred walking to work so that he could keep himself in shape but also enjoy the sights as he made his way across the district. Some people told him to get a bike so that he could get around a little faster, but he was one that enjoyed the slower pace of things in order to really get to enjoy the time he has to himself when walking. So wearing his nice dress clothes, minus a vest or a coat, with his work satchel on his side, he would be making his way across Karakura Town towards work taking note of various details around him.

This, however, was cut extremely short as there was a loud scream nearby followed by a crashing sound. Quickly he would make his way towards the sound, ditching any idea of getting to work on time as this sound took precedence over work at the moment. He knew that was not the sound of some sort of demolition, especially with him being aware of any upcoming demolition coming up - it pays to know some people in some high places - and therefore warranting concern.

Eventually, he would make it down to the area in time to see some of the dust clearing revealing a man standing there in black robes holding what appears to be a katana. "A samurai... in Karakura Town?" Alexander was certainly confused at what he was seeing, but that was not the end of it for him. There seemed to be nothing else outside of this man and the rubble from a building nearby, but that was enough for Alexander to deal with it. 

He would approach the man who facing the opposite direction, watching as the man would place the weapon into the sheath on his left hip. Once he performed that action, Alexander would proceed with his protocol by pulling out his weapon from the holster on his side hidden underneath his pants. "Put your hands in the air and turn around slowly!" His weapon was focused clearly on the man before him who seemed startled for a moment as he did as he was told. "Good, now throw your weapon to the side."

Slightly confused, the man would respond, "You... You can see me?" This caused a slight hesitation and confusion in Alexander although he kept his sights trained on the armed man. "But how?"

"I will not ask again. Throw your weapon to the side." Alexander spoke with more conviction and a bit more determination in his voice. The man stood there and turned around to walk away, but quickly Alexander would pull back on the trigger as a bullet would fly through the air. Though it would appear the man was able to respond fast enough to release his weapon, turn around and deflect the bullet. "That... That isn't possible..."

The man would only chuckle in response, "Got to admire the dedication to your job kid,

'Kid... This man is hardly older than I am...' He thought to himself as he put the gun back into the holster.

"But I got better things to deal with." With that, the man would turn around once more preparing to walk away.

Alexander was not going to stand for that as he touched the ring he had placed on his left middle finger and rotated the mechanism that was on it. As he did so, a black flame would start to spread on his hands for a moment before fading away and revealing a black glove on each hand. He would extend he hand forward and would pull back on his right hand. As he did, a black bow that appeared like black flames would appear as an arrow would form from him pulling. 

Once it was fully drawn, he would release his right hand and watch as the black arrow would soar through the air and pierce the man through his back and out of his chest before fading away into nothing. Though the damage was done as he fell over from the impact, to which Alexander quickly would approach the body as his bow would disperse as well. He would pull out his gun once more and point it at the man's back as he kicked to roll him over. The man showed an expression of both fear and confusion at what had just happened. "I said I wasn't going to ask again." He would pull the trigger aiming between the eyes as the bullet would give a strong glow although coated with a black flame.

With that done, he would reach for the weapon but before he could he watch it, along with the man, would start to fade away. "Hm... Like those creatures..." A sigh would slide from his lips as he pulled out his work phone and dialed someone. 

He would wait a moment as it rang a few times, "Hello Mr. King, how may I be of assistance?" The voice belonged to a female on the other side.

"Had to deal with an individual who resisted arrest. Escalated to Dark Archer and he seemed to have disappeared like the Daemons.

There was a momentary pause before the woman spoke again, "Send the coordinates when possible. A dossier of information will be sent to your office to review... There is much to learn." A click and the phone call was terminated.

He released a sigh before he sent the coordinates on his phone and made his way back on the path to work. Though there was quite a bit that confused him on the moments that transpired but a few minutes prior. He was curious as to who that man was, for all of his life dealing with unique events and activities, never has he had to face a humanoid with a bladed weapon. He recalls all of the Daemons with the white masks and the few times that he was sent to dispatch vampires. 

"I wonder..." He spoke aloud, "Was I sent to this location to deal with a new form of Daemon... Or even a new threat altogether?"

WC: 1,694

Learned
Black Sanrei Glove
Basic Reishi Arrow

• Like 2

ChaosKaiz    591

Aside from the minor detour that he had to take, Alexander was able to make it work on time with a few minutes to spare. After passing through the guarded gate that leads to the eastern edge where several buildings were located and guarded by many armed individuals. He would approach the gate as instructed and make his way through the entranceway for people that were approaching on foot or that have arrived on a bicycle. Once through he would follow the appropriate protocol by removing his shoes, belt, glasses, and any metal that was on his person including his weapons. With the recent establishment of this base of operations, there is a constant rotation of guards in order to finally settle on specific people and the most proficient establishment for their location.

So these people were not aware of the amount of equipment that Alexander has on him as he removes the handgun from his waist, the two small knives from his sock straps, the telescopic baton from the forearm strap, and the collapsible Black Badger - ideally a custom built Honey Badger modeled after the AR-15 with integrated suppression - pulled from the harness under his clothes as he placed them all on the table to be examined. Once they were all removed, he made his way through the metal detector ignoring the amount of sideways looks that he received. 

Once he passed through the entranceway of the short tunnel that is used as the full body scan. Once he stood in there, the machine would start whirring loudly before a red glow would extend and grow with a soft alarm that could be heard in the tunnel and the neighboring rooms. "You forgot to remove your ring." One of the guards would speak through the intercom through the tunnel, to which Alexander would chuckle.

"Yeah, I did not forget. It just cannot come off." He lifted up his left hand to reveal the tungsten steel black ring that was on his middle finger with a smile on his face. "Been stuck for quite some time, kind of just let it be." This happens to be the truth with the simple fact that it was stuck with the point that removing it could cause some explosive complications in case of removal. "Trust me though, been managing this place enough that I can safely say that this little ring is not capable of causing any harm and I have no plans to enter any area that this ring could cause complications."

There would be a moment of silence to which Alexander would assume was nothing more than the foot soldiers deciding exactly what they are going to do. Alexander stood there with his arms crossed and a smile on his face as he was used to this. As it happens at least once a week when they do the rotation and it causes a momentary confusion with the fact that he would never remove his ring. "Move on." This voice belonged to a familiar female entity which causes the smile on his face to slip away as he would pass through the now unlocked second door to see a Hispanic female standing before him. Her expression was not one that showed a sense of amusement. "Mr. King, why do you insist on doing this when you have access to the administrative corridor?"

All that he could manage would be a shrug at the statement and make his way down toward his office. "I mean, of course, I could do that but why would I miss out on my morning laugh." He would release laughter from his lips as he reached his office and looked back at the woman who held a stern expression on her face looking at Alexander. "Come on Alexa, you need to relax a little." He would open his door, "Or have someone down in IT download a chill pill or something." With that, he would close the door behind him and ignore the woman - though only technically speaking - as he would make his way to his desk and take a seat. The moment he was situated, he would take note of the many stacks of papers on his desk. His eyes would glaze over the first document, "Sey... Ray... Tay...?" Doing his best to sound out the word with his knowledge of Japanese as he would start to read up on all of these documents.

WC: 783
TWC: 2,477

• Like 1

ChaosKaiz    591

Time starts to accelerate as Alexander continued to traverse through the files that have been compiled on his desk. Information regarding the Daemons, which are identified as Hollows to other cultures, as well as Soul Reapers, the Vampires which are referred to as Bounts, and even detailed reports on the endangered Quincy. There was so much information for him to go through, but eventually, he was capable of getting through all of the data and sat there in a strange haze over the information that he went through. Before he had a chance to fully absorb all of the information, there was a solid knock on the door. "Come on in.

Slowly the door opens to reveal an individual wearing the typical uniform of the armed guard of the base that he was located on with a look of distress on his face. The man held a look of distress as he continued to stare directly at Alexander. Alexander had not broken the locked expression of anticipation as he hoped that the man would say something at some point but after a full minute of silence he realized that it was to fall upon him to speak up. "You are welcome to speak, take a seat, or simply walk away but I would love for you to not just stand in my doorway." The man seemed finally able to gather himself as he took a step into the office of Alexander with his hat respectfully in his hands.

"My apologies sir." It appears that this man was a new recruit, or relatively so, and was nervous to be addressing one of the administrative staff so directly. "Commander Gonzalez told me to inform you that you are required to come to the training room as to discuss your earlier indiscretions." He appeared nervous at the fact of the words that he was informed to speak, feeling that speaking poorly on someone that authorizes his checks could potentially cause complications. "I was told not to leave your office, or your presence until you are en route and promptly arrived at the training room."

"Ah, so you are to deliver me." He would release a chuckle from his lips as he closed the remaining documents that were on his desk and lifting himself from his table. "Well, it would be smart not to leave the commander waiting." With that, he made his way out of the office with the armed guard following closely behind along the many corridors that lead to the desired location. 

Eventually, they passed through a large set of metal double doors that caused a massive sound of metal grinding and shifting as two guards would proceed to open it for him. Upon doing so revealed a very large fitness room that displayed roughly 3 dozen men and women completing various fitness activities such as pull-ups, laps, weightlifting, and others that involved cardio or strength training. In the midst of all of those performing the physical activities stood a single man dressed in black and grey camouflage fatigues who turned to face Alexander. "Glad that you could join us.

Alexander took a moment to stare at the bald head of the Hispanic talking to him before pointing at the man that had followed him to this point, "I felt that I had an obligation to be here as promptly as possible." He would then turn his focus back to Commander Gonzalez with a shrug and a relaxed smile, "But what do I owe the pleasure of this request of my presence?"

"Well, how about we first focus on the fact that you discharged your weapon knowing full well that we only use arms in critical operations or necessary self-defense." It was obvious in the tone of the Commander that he was not in the mood for this situation in the slightest or even dealing with Alexander, but that was not one of the concerns that Alexander would even remotely have. "Then, once again, deciding to go with your own plans and entering through the visiting entrance causing my men to hesitate on their duties when I have given you access to an administrative entrance." He took a moment after those words as Alexander was preparing his response. Though he would not be given as much, "More so, deciding to use MY Artificial Intelligence Device for your own unnecessary activities and indiscretions.

It was at this point that Alexander realized that making a joke was, perhaps, not the best decision at the moment and refrained from doing so thus leaving them both in a moment of silence. "Your job here, while located in Karakura Town, is simply information management unless ordered otherwise or provided deployment details." Gonzalez would have his focus entirely on the people in the room training, "As such, I will not release any of your weapons until I see fit to allow you to have them to prove you are capable of upholding the image for this company and my management of the people below me." A few moments would pass as one could hear the tension growing in his voice, "The only reason I am not having you arrested and sitting in jail is that someone likes you enough to prevent me from punishing you like the low-level trash that you are behaving like."

Alexander could only manage a shrug as he turned away from Gonzalez, preparing to depart before he paused his movement and his thoughts. Almost instantly, Alexander turned to face Gonzalez aiming to point his left hand, "Actually-" Though the moment he turned he would see Gonzalez holding a gun pointed directly at him with a stern and serious look with his sights training sharply. 

"It appears that Alexander King has not only threatened me, he has also threatened to destroy this building." Several of the guards would stop their training and start heading towards their service equipment. "He has appeared stressed from his work and has been becoming more volatile with erratic and dangerous behaviors." More and more of the guard members started arming themselves and causing Alexander to become slightly nervous and defensive. "I tried my best in order to calm him down, but he started shouting incoherent things and become violent. Unsure if I was able to subdue him efficiently, I took the initiative to ensure that the dangerous threat was dealt with efficiently." Several members of the guard had already armed themselves and also aimed at Alexander with other ones blocking the exits.

"Well, Fuck."

WC: 1,085

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ChaosKaiz    591

Alexander slid his thumb along the palm of his hand towards his middle finger as Gonzalez spoke about the events that transpired or at least the way that the report was going to reflect what happened. Once his thumb flicked over his ring, a black flame would spread from his ring and start to consume his hand. Though Alexander was not given a chance to act as a rain of bullets would flow from many of the armed guards and blast down upon his body. There stood nothing for him to do as the bullets would pierce his body from every direction leaving nothing left but a lifeless body. The corpse of Alexander would topple over in the puddle of his blood before it would be consumed by a black flame, "Well isn't that a nice trick." Gonzalez was impressed by the fact that Alexander's body would be turning to ash before his very eyes although the fire remained after several moments.

"Somebody put that fire out." Quickly some of the guards ran to get the fire extinguisher in order to put the fire out, but that proved pointless as it did no such thing. Every few minutes the fire would spread a few centimeters and several attempts to put it out did nothing. So the flames continued to grow as Gonzalez attempted to contain the flame the best that he could manage.

SEVEN DAYS LATER... The base remained stable with the growing flame as they created a large containment area and sealing off the original training room. It became a containment field in order to defend against the terrorist act of Alexander, the suicide bomber that used an unidentified chemical fire to destroy the base. At least, this was the report that was submitted by Gonzalez. Though today was a day different than the others, as in the middle of the black flame Alexander would rise.

"What the hell..." Slowly he turned his head around to gaze around the room as a sharp tugging sensation on his chest. His eyes sharply looked down to notice a chain attached to his chest that was rapidly eating itself. Alexander could not understand what was going on, but the pain was very real and easy to understand as it felt like his body was falling apart. Eventually, that chain would reach the point that it entered his chest and once more his body was consumed in a black flame. This fire burned so much but it never seemed to stop and even soften in the intensity. 

Darkness... Anger... Revenge... "Pride!

A roar like that of a lion would echo throughout the room, but distorted like that of a demon. Though this roar would soon be joined by the deafening cries of help and screams of pain. 

So the Prideful King was born...

• Like 2