Maskmonk

Death and a Zanpakutos’ Judgement

Maskmonk    331

The journey to Seritei was not unlike that of a journey to Hecou Mundo, the only thing that seems to separate a Garaganta and a Senkimon, was the entrance. One was far more elegant, a sliding door. Where the other showed what it was, a dark entrance that lead somewhere dark and the inside felt no different. It was dark and lifeless. The only way he could tell he was still going in the right direction was that he had not turned and that there was a light waiting at the end of the tunnel. 

But what waited on the other side, Monk couldn’t be sure. For the second time in his life he’d put his hands in the life of a Shinigami. He trusted the first and would never trust again. The one he’d just killed was a mean to an end. ‘No’ Monk thought. ‘There was no trust, there never was, all of them where a means to an end. For survival’ and it had worked. Each time Monk had found what he could have called an ally. He didn’t join them. He used them until he had outgrown them. The Division; he outlasted them all, the last surviving member of something long forgotten and something he had forgotten himself. Then Vatto and the Espada. He had approached them. As an ally looking for an army. What he found was an Arrancar he could have called ally and the Espada shown to be cowards hiding in there fortress of night. Recently he had come across a arrancar he thought was an enemy. He thought the beast was a demon. But Monk may as well have been looking into a mirror. He was that mean, thirsting for blood and battle and vengeance against every Shinigami on this earth. He had found himself andnthe strength he had lost. 

And finally the march came to an end. He reached the light at the end of the tunnel and for a moment wasn’t sure if he had actually travelled to the Seritei or not. As he had come out in an area, somewhat dense with trees. Monk takes a moment to search his surrounding and spiritual pressure. After a moment he was sure this was part of Seritei. In his close vicinity he could sense dots of spiritual pressure. Only above what a human might posses. But further a field. Monk could sense spiritual pressure of the very race he wished to eradicate. But it was much further than he had anticipated. Was this a miss direction by the Shinigami or had she places him somewhere he would be safe in. 

But it didn’t matter. She was long dead and by now her blood would be feeding the grass. So Monk moved on. Whatever the small gathering of small spiritual pressure was it must be some sort of civilisation and it wasn’t long until he came upon a small rustic village. Log cabin, thatched roofs. As he entered more into the centre of the village. People where giving him some odd looks. Monk imagined it was thanks to his blood soaked robes. 

“Nice evening friend” a voice says behind him and a dozen men are stood there, one with a bat. Monk doesn’t answer. “I think you ought to move along” the man in the middle said. Who was bald, unlike his blonde and brown haired friends.  “I have business with someone” Monk replies. “Not around here you don’t, we don’t like you Shinigami types” the bald man waves the bat around. “I’m no Shinigami” Monk says bluntly and decides to ignore the man. “Only a Shinigami carries a Zanpakuto”. Monk continues to ignore the man. Looking around for some clue as to which direction he should go. 

However while he was doing this. A pressure is applied to his back. “What the fu-“ one of the men had drew a knife and attempted to strike him. It didn’t even register as pain, but was punished for his actions with a hand ripping though his ribcage. “I’m no Shinigami. I’m much worse. Dogs of Shinigami” 

It turned out it was a nice afternoon. Crackling fire, burned the wood houses and thatched roofs. A warm, wet sensation ran along Monks feet and between his toes. A warm bed of bodies lay underneath Monk as he rested after a successful and refreshing slaughter. The town had been dyed the same colour as the grip of his Zanpakuto. This town was Monks small domain in the realm of Shinigami now. No life remained here except him. A demon. Waiting to be found. A single Shinigami his target then he would make the rest fall one after another. 

• Like 1

Once again being attracted to the scent of death Sama’el couldn’t resist Monks call, even though the culprit himself didn’t know he was making it. Like a busy spider spinning a web of lies he returns. Emerging from the shadows of the dead he greets the one who struck him down, further throwing him in to insanity. “Well, well. You made it here all by yourself, I’m starting to expect more and more from you,” Sama’el says making him self fully known.

Even though Monk’s face was covered Sama’el knew the surprised look he would have right about now. They all had it the first time, all those who have never encountered a resident of Hell that is. “Don’t give me that look. I thought you would be happy to see me again,” he says sadistically sarcastic tone. That was bullshit. He knew very well the effect he was having on Monk last time he visited him. Its why he struck him down and found himself here of all places. It was anything but wanting or expecting a reunion. “As I’ve stated before I mean you no harm. I’m merely here to point you in the right direction as I promised and praise you on a job well done getting here.” Pausing a moment Sama’el strides from one side of Monk to the other simply changing his angle. “I thought you would like to know the Kyoraku you see is near by. Simply call out to him with your power and he will come running like the predictable Shinigami he is.”

• Like 1

Maskmonk    331

While waiting for his target Monk felt a presence arrive and a familiar one at that. It feels like it is being created from the mountain of dead bodies he is resting up. When it finally reveals itself Monk reaches for his Zanpakuto resting in the skull of a corpse. The Phantom Monk had me at in Hueco Mundo had returned. But how, Monk had cut him in two. This wasn’t possible. Monk thought back to his moment in the human world meeting a hooded figure who he had sworn he killed twice. ‘Could these two be linked?’ Monk thought to himself as the phantom speaks in his usual mocking tone. But Monk does not reply. He had not done this simply because he had informed him of the Shinigami, Monk was doing this for his own gain. He couldn’t careless what this phantom expected of him. 

Monk only decides to speak once the phantom let out a sarcastic comment like he had predicted Monks actions and had either escaped death or had been resurrected. Monk was beginning to fear the second option. “You followed me? And no I have no pleasure in seeing you again. The last time we met you went out of your way to mock me before giving me the information I desired. Your death was your own fault and if I wasn’t in the enemies territory YOU would be my target.” 

The phantom goes on saying he has only appeared to point me in the right direction. Something Monk couldn’t deny he was at least good at. However Monk didn’t expect to hear what he did next. The shinigami Monk was seeking was nearby. Upon hearing this information Monk rips his Zanpakuto out from the skull and brandishes his blade. Slowly raising his spiritual pressure in anticipation of the right. He couldn’t wait to let his Zanpakuto taste Shinigami blood and tear the head off of Yoshirou Kyoraku. “I thank you for your information again phantom. However once I’m done with the Shinigami. All of them. I will find how you have returned and next time I shall make sure you don’t.” Monks spiritual pressure had risen to a detectable point. However he didn’t want to raise it to high and give away his power. He wanted the first attack to be the last and the right be over in a second. Monk lands back on the pile of bodies as he begin fantasising about all the ways he wanted to kill the Shinigami a foul grin growing on his face.

• Like 1

Sama’el laughs at Monks accusations. “I stalk death; It is you that called I,” he says setting the record straight. “Or do you still not believe me to be one and the same?” his brow was furrowed but like Monk he wore a mask. Tilting his head and scratching his chin, Sama’el sighs as he is accused of not only following him but mocking him also. “I have no reason to mock you. I simply desired to show you the strings behind your actions. The one you believe to be sooo Free. I don’t blame you for not entirely trusting me; you’d be a fool to do so.”

Monk then states that Sama’el’s death was his owe fault and that if they were in a different setting he would be his target once again. “Thata boy. Direct all that rage and anger on whom you seek. As you’ve witnessed it will be wasted effort if pointed at me.” states Sama’el momentarily pausing. Monk thanks Sama’el for informing him on his quarry. With a hidden but confused look Sama’el responds. “You have an odd way of thanking me. You should look into that… remember death is death. To me it is all the same even if its you whom I’ve come to collect. Oh the fun we would have down under.” Without another word Sama’el slips back into the darkness, which he came while Monk raised his energy high enough to act as a beacon. All though vanished Sama’el was long from gone. 

• Like 1

Maskmonk    331

Monk was becoming impatient once again. This Phantom seemed to have this effect on him. Constantly telling him what he thought to be the truth. As if he was the one who had driven Monk here. Yes perhaps he had planted the idea in Monks head. But Monk had taken action. He had returned to the human world, he had captured a Shinigami and then made it all the way to Seritei on his own. No help and no interference. 

But the phantom continued on. Mocking Monks freedom as if Monks actions weren’t my his own, encouraging his rage as if he was immune to it and finally that he didn’t care who died, but that in the end he would collect and the fun we have. Monk refused to listen to this nonsense any more. He would not be dragged down there. He would not lose this battle, even if he had to hold his head on his shoulders. 

“Enough” Monk says quietly first. Then unsure that the phantom would have heard him. “Enough!” Monk had turned. But the phantom had long gone. “I swear I’ll find you and after the Shinigami your next Phantom” Monk dives at a burning house and crashes into it. Knocking the entire house to the ground taking his anger out on anything he could find. “Yoshirou Kyoraku! Phantom! Shinigami! I’ll kill you all. I am the Fire breathing Demon and you are my prey” Monk swings his Zanpakuto, dragging it along the ground and swing high above his head. A dust cloud filling the sky. “I’ll kill you all” and Monk waits Zanpakuto drawn. Poised to strike at the first sign of life.

• Like 1

Yoshirou’s thoughts ran rapidly as he made his way towards the beacon of darkness. Who could it be… here of all places? What did they want and why were they calling. It’s the most accurate way to describe the situation. Some unknown presence was calling any and all who were unfortunate to hear and foolish enough to come. The last time he’s felt such evil was when a creature that went by Sama’el attacked him. The signature was clearly different and less ominous but felt just as troublesome.

Appearing beside him in no time was Metabee. “There’s no doubt about it. It’s an Arrancar. But why now of all times?” Yoshirou asks rhetorically as he knew Metabee did not have the answer. With his experience and knowledge he could accurate discern spiritual pressures, so he was confident in his accusation. “I know there’s no talking our way out of this one. As a Hollow it is our duty to cleanse them. But we need a plan. It would be unwise to recklessly charge in,” he states knowing that most likely his Advisor would agree. Taking the lead Yoshi states his idea; while not perfect he felt it good enough to share. “Use Kyokko and let me confront this individual first. I will attempt to flush out as much information as possible. The moment you see an opening take it and attack.” He spoke knowing there was no honor in this fight, just one’s duty and lives to protect. The Bakudo sounds like a cheap trick but you were a fool to think a Hollow to fight fair.

They continue without delay but Yoshirou remains silent so that Metabee can respond to his idea and perhaps state a plan he believes to be better. Either way they would soon arrive at the outskirts, of the town, the energy signature was coming from and needed some sort of plan or they risk “winging it.”

• Like 2

Metabee    241

Metabee continued running alongside Yoshirou towards the source of the spiritual pressure. There was no doubt about it. It belonged to an Arrancar which meant it won't be an easy fight. The Noble suggested that it wouldn't be wise to just charge in and they should have a plan beforehand. He agreed on this as they didn't know the true strength of the enemy. The suggestion was to use Kyokko to hide while Yoshirou would interrogate,'Let's do it.'

The Captain started turned around and started running to the direction they came and started suppressing his spiritual pressure before using Kyokko. This was because if he had already been sensed then the enemy would expect two but if one appeared it would be obvious that it was an ambush. Although it wasn't a very good one, he hoped this tactic might confuse the enemy and expect only one.

Under the cover of Kyokko, Metabee used Shunpo to catch up and even go a bit ahead. His aim was to get behind the Arrancar while Yoshirou would be in front. This would set them up for a pincer attack that will hopefully be a surprise. If he was to be found he would defend and let Yoshirou take the charge from behind. First, they will have to estimate their opponent's strength before showing their own. Luckily, they had each other to co-operate with so they could use different strategies and adjust depending on the situation.

Edited by Metabee
  • Like 2

Thinking likewise Metabee agrees to the plan, separating from Yoshirou and preparing himself. Yoshi presses onward knowing that every second counted. With a Hollow in Seireitei in was only a matter of time before innocent blood was spilt if it hadn’t already. Arriving at the edge of town in was obvious that he didn’t make it in time. Fresh blood stained the surroundings, saturating even the air with his pungent odor.

A look of disgust is plastered all over Yoshirou’s face as his anger rises. “It’s not your fault,” says a voice that he hasn’t heard in a long while. The dual voice of his Zanpakuto twisted together sounding like a Vizard’s just not as dark. Its not that they don’t speak but in fact it is quite the opposite. The bond they share is so strong and unified that they can communicate without words.

“I not so much as a fool to believe that I can prevent every death or take the blame for that matter. But it doesn’t mean it makes it easier to accept. By the feeling of it the whole village has been massacred, and for what??” Yoshi thinks so that only Kosumosu could hear.

Pressing forward Yoshi enters knowing the enemy, a ruthless murder, was up ahead. Surveying the field he could see nothing but death and destruction. It reminded him of the day he returned to the Mansion and found it in shambles. Taking a deep breath Yoshi calms himself relieving some of the pressure and anger that was quickly building up. He needed to remain level headed less he risked giving the Arrancar the advantage from the start. In fact as he thought about it that was the most likely goal the enemy was attempting to accomplish on his arrival.

Exiting just out of an ally way Yoshirou finally sees his target and a pile of bodies just beside him. Of course they had to be the citizens that were needlessly slaughter by the Hollow before him. Remembering to remain calm and distract the assailant Yoshi begins speaking to the Arrancar attempting to gain any information that he was willing to share. He had to stay extremely vigilant has the Hollow already had his weapon drawn. “Who are you and how did you manage to get here?” he asks looking around making sure the Hollow was alone. It was important to find out how he got there if he could so that they could address the problem before it escalated. “You had no right to kill all those people!”

• Like 2

Metabee    241

Both of the Shinigami arrived at the town but at this point not even Yoshirou could see him. The fate of this place has already been decided. Houses were burning and blood filled the paths. There was no soul left alive apart from them three. Such a dangerous being couldn't be let in any further. If he wasn't stopped the rest of the Rukongai would meet the same fate and even Seiretei wouldn't be able to avoid damage.

They moved towards the centre of the town while dark spirit particles became much more abundant and the smell of death got worse the closer they got. Metabee had to move sneakily and be on his guard the whole time. Even if he was invisible and his spiritual pressure was masked, a small misstep would give him away. Especially, when their opponent was this strong and therefore their senses would be much sharper than the average Joe.

Arriving in the centre, they saw the culprit of it all. Sitting there on a pile of bodies was a robed Arrancar who was wearing a mask. It didn't seem to be his real mask but a fake one. Perhaps after having to have a mask for such a long time he had been accustomed to wearing one and couldn't go without it anymore. Yoshirou drew his Zanpakuto and engaged the Arrancar but Metabee still had to get in position so he continued onwards. The Captain slowly circled around, while watching his footing and being careful to not make any noise. He was even crouching to reduce the amount of noise his footsteps would make.

The talks began and Metabee was almost in position. They couldn't act too hastily and Yoshirou still had to get some information. With a few more steps he was finally behind the Arrancar. The process felt much longer than had actually passed but so far it seemed to be a success. Since the Arrancar was sitting on a pile of corpses he couldn't get close but he was still in range for a backstab with a quick dash. The Captain slowly and quietly drew his Zanpakuto as he waited for his opportunity.

• Like 1

Maskmonk    331

Monk was beginning to grow suspicious. It had been some time since he had released his spiritual pressure and made his presence known in Seritei. If like the phantom had said that this; Yoshirou Kyoraku was close by then why was it taking him this long. “Perhaps he is going to collect reinforcements. Or maybe it a trap” Monk contradicts himself “if it’s a trap then he won’t be worth the time I spent getting here” Monk replies to himself. “Bastard Shinigami” he curses hating there very being he hoped cursing there name would bring harm to them. 

But it wasn’t long before his paranoia was deterred as a shinigami appears before his throne of corpse and poses Monk with a two question. His name and how he had come to arrive. But Monk doesn’t answer straight away. Instead he looks at the shinigami studying him. “Yoshirou Kyoraku I presume. I am Monk.” He pauses once again to stare. “He doesn’t look like much” he says out loud without realising. “As for my presence in this place. I enlisted the help of a young Shinigami girl in the human world and I would tell you her name, but I wasn’t worth remembering” he says as he lets out a small chuckle. “And don’t worry she doesn’t need punishing for helping a hollow I’ve already carried it out for you” Monk can’t help it this time and let’s out a full blow laugh. 

Then there was the fact of addressing the pile of bodies. “No right to kill them? I don’t know they did attack me first, accusing me of being some Shinigami and it did just feel so RIGHT. You should have seen the look on their faces once they realised their mistake” Monk says the glee in his voice clearly proud and happy with his surrounding covered in blood. Monk then grabs a corpse by it hair and drags it closer and decapitates it and shows it to Yoshirou. “I presume it looked like this” he says pulling the mouth of deceased mother open. He then drops the head to the ground his actions showing he had lost all respect for the dead and the fact he hadn’t devoured a single one of them only proved how worthless they were in life and death. 

Monk was trying to agitate Yoshirou, get him to the point where he would lash out with enough opening to finish this in one strike and then make the death very slow and very painful. So there was one more disgusting fact he could drive in. “Oh and there was even those with power here. But don’t worry I didn’t kill them. I just slowly watched them starve as my own spiritual pressure kill them. Perhaps if you’d arrived earlier you could have saved them” Monk then gets up and takes a step towards Yoshirou crushing the decapitated head under his foot, zanpakuto drawn and gleaming red with the blood of the innocent. 

• Like 2

Much to Yoshi’s surprise he would get a response instead of being attacked. Though noting could prepare him for what he heard next. To hear his name fall out of the lips of an Arrancar was unexpected to say the least. Expecting to only get answers, Monk cause more questions to arise. Wide eyed and stunned, Yoshirou could do noting but listen in disbelief.

Monk briefly described how he got here, willingly telling his story. He was either a fool or extremely confident in his strength to do so. And being that if you were to believe his story that he forcefully made a Shinigami bring him here then it was most definitely the later. The pile of dead bodies behind him only backed up his ruthlessness.

“He’s only trying to anger you,” states Kosumosu.

“I’ve known that since we’ve got here; and he’s doing a damn good job. You still know me better than anyone,” Yoshi says, though again it’s a conversation that only his Zanpakuto spirit can hear. Normally it is easy for Yoshirou to remain level headed but as of late he’s found himself a little rattled and not his usual.

“That’ll never change,” states his Zanpakutos as if it was a given.

“Thanks for the little nudge. I’ll be ok from here on,” Yoshi says like he was making a promise.

The conversation that seemed to last a few seconds was actually over in an instant. Unfortunately for Yoshirou he had to listen to the laughter of a madman. The look on his face was serious enough to break the weak yet Monk paid it no care. “So you killed her too?" Yoshi says both confirming and asking at the same time. This time the Arrancar simply continues, answering this question by not answering at all. It was obvious by listening to the Hollow that his cruelty knew no bounds. Only the truly wicked could laugh and speak about death with glee. As if teaching a class, Monk gives a demonstration distorting and mocking the dead.

“Unforgiveable!” Yoshi shouts though he remains calm. It there was any doubt before it was gone now. Death was to good a fate for the likes but it was one that Yoshi would exact all the same. “I have no idea how you know my name… Monk,” he says stating his name more like he was a thing than a living creature. “But I was a Captain for a long time so it’s not an impossibility. Perhaps you were some Hollow that got away and was unworthy enough to go after and now you want revenge. An Arrancar with such feelings I find a rare oddity.” With Monk’s initial plan a failure it was Yoshirou’s turn to try and provoke him in return. “In the end it matters not for I will grant you a deserving death. You should be more respectful to the dead seeing that you are so close to being united with them. But first, humor me with one more question. Are you really here just to seek me out or is there something else?” He was most curious as none of this was adding up.

There was no guarantee that Monk would continue to indulge him but either way Yoshirou with drew one of his Zanpakutos and wielded it with his left hand. If Monk replies then Yoshi would wait to hear his answer otherwise he would attack right away. There were no other replies or words that needed to be said.

“Hado #54 Haien,” shouts Yoshirou pointing his right hand at his target. It was unnecessary to state its name but he wanted to give Metabee a warning that the fight was starting, even if it was only a split second. The, mostly black and outlined in blue, kido known as the abolishing flame flew at Monk. It wasn’t terrible fast nor was it slow but it did pack quite the punch however. That and the fact that it was a ranged attacked was why he chose it. Even though he was nearing grandmastery in zanjutsu it was still wise to gauge your opponents abilities and reflexes first; that fact was true the stronger the adversary. So he would attempt to keep his distance for now while firing off a few kids. Although it was first and foremost a tragedy it helped knowing that he could fight without worrying about the surrounding buildings or people. 

Edited by Yoshirou (Kyōraku)
  • Like 1

Maskmonk    331

There was a strange essence of wrath coming from the words of the Shinigami named Yoshirou. The words themselves contain so much hate, yet his voice remained calm. Monk thought it reminded him of someone, but he no longer remembered there name. And just as Monk had attempted it seemed now Yoshirou was attempting to anger Monk. But he wasn’t going to let it work. One way or the other this match had been decided the moment he had appeared in front of him. “It’s been a long time since people have used my name like that. I used to think names where pointless, but at least if I have a name, you’ll have something to curse as I rip your body apart and I’ve never had the displeasure of meeting you. But not only does the nature of the world make you my enemy, but whisper have made you my personal enemy. So the answer is yes, to both question. Yes I’ve come to seek you out and kill you and I’ve come to reclaim my freedom from you and all Shinigami” the time for words was now over. Everything that needed to be said had been said and Monk was tired now tired of waiting for the slaughter to begin. 

Monk takes his next step towards the Shinigami, but not before Yoshirou fires of a type of kido. However Monk wasn’t going to be playing any ranged games. He’d crush his opponent face to face. So Monk reaches backwards and grabs a limp corpse in his left hand and throws into the path of the on coming Kido. The body bursts into flame, then ash and is gone all in a second, but the kido was gone with it. Leaving the path open to Yoshirou. Whether he had his Zanpakuto drawn or not it didn’t matter. Monk would break him one way or another. Monk launches himself at Yoshirou, Zanpakuto raised above his head in his right hand and once he was close enough he brings his blade crashing down, his attempt was not to cut, but in hopes that Yoshirou would attempt to block Monk was attempting to break the Shinigamis hand with just one strike and if the first strike was not enough to break his guard then he would pummel down a second and a thirds time. Each would slightly increase with strength so he could grab a concept of his opponents physical strength. 

So far Yoshirou had proven he was somewhat adepts in kido. Monk knew from the numbering of kido that the one he had defended himself against was not something a hollow would like to come up against. If only the Phantom had given Monk more information on the Shinigami and this fight would have been over before it begun. The phantom had left him now. If he was summoned by death Monk was interested in what he would think once the entire Shinigami race had been wiped from Seritei. But first he had to kill Yoshirou Kyoraku the Shinigami who had attempted to steal Monks freedom.

• Like 2

Monk gives a final answer but like expected the Arrancar avoids the kido. He proved his resourcefulness by hurling a nearby dead effortlessly with one hand. While it was unexpected it wasn’t surprising in the slightest. Monk showed his distaste for the dead already. Perhaps he hates it causing him to act as so.

The Arrancar is quick to close the gap as if he fears a ranged battle. Like most Hollows he seems to prefer close quarter combat. It was a weakness Yoshi was able to ascertain from the get go. His judgment to follow up with kido may prove fruitful.

Like any over head strike it was better to parry it to one side or the other than take it on full force. It was something he was well aware of, as it was one of his favorite strikes to use because it paired well with is ability to manipulate gravitons. Methodically, Yoshirou swings his sword parrying it to the left while side stepping to the right. In the next instant he pointed his right hand firing off that second kido. Years upon years of practice and experience made each move count for something leaving little room for wasted movement.

The kido of choice that flew at, him far faster than last time was a simple yet effective, Hado called Byakurai. Going for speed and piercing abilities over impact and power the low level kido could penetrate most things it came in contact with.

Whether his attack landed or miss Yoshirou would leap backwards putting just a little distance between them to assess what just happened. Although he successfully parried the sword strike it was far more powerful than it should have been. “Wow he’s no joke, what raw power,” says Kosumosu.

“Yea that’s evident by the slash he left in the ground. And my wrist feels like it took ten blows just now not one,” Yoshirou quickly replies to his Zanpakutos as this was no time to have an internal conversation. Whether Monk was hit with the Hado or not if he immediately tried to close the distance and reengage with Yoshi, he would strike with a horizontal slash of his own. Upon contact he would momentarily increase the weight of his weapon increasing the power of its impact. So if he blocked it he would receive a strike equal to the one he so kindly dished out. If it hit flesh it would further increase the swords cutting capacity making it even deadlier. Although Yoshirou couldn’t match Monk in strength he had other ways he could try to bridge that gap.

If Monk chose not to immediately go back to close quarters combat then Yoshirou would increase the distance between them going back to the cat and mouse game of ranged attacks and further gather information on his opponents fighting prowess. For now he knew Monk preferred to be up close and that was most likely due to his physical strength, which was clearly no joke. “Bakudo #61,” he says again pointing at Monk. But this time he switched from Hado to Bakudo in an attempt to confuse and restrain him. A spark of light would be shot out head on though Monk would be completely surrounded by five other rods heading at him. This time he would be unable to rely on debris and would be either hit by it or force to dodge. If struck Yoshirou would instantly follow up with a surprise, the incantation; attempting to give Metabee an opening to launch a surprise attack that could prove fatal. “Carriage of thunder, bridge of a spinning wheel. With light divide this into six.”

It would be the last Kido Yoshi would use for now less he risked exhausting himself before the battle really started. Of course that was only if he had to use the Bakudo. While it was good to be diverse Yoshirou knew he wouldn't win a battle against such a powerful opponent without relying on his own strengths and and strong points. 

grammer
  • Like 2

Metabee    241

As Metabee waited for his chance he presumed he wouldn't have to wait long so he had to be ready at all times. Usually, these kinds of talks didn't last long. Metabee would also listen but quickly got distracted by buzzing. Since there were so many bodies flies had gathered and one took a particular liking to him. He tried to push it with his hand but it kept coming back,'Go away mate!' he said so in his head.

The talking continued as the Arrancar mentioned Yoshirou's name. A fact that surprised them both. The Arrancar introduced himself as Monk. He didn't know if that was his actual name or if it was because he looked like one but those kinds of things didn't matter. Monk then said that in order to come here he had used a female Shinigami but she was already dead. It seemed that with every word he spoke he attempted to anger Yoshirou who Metabee hoped wouldn't fall for the bait. They couldn't understimate this opponent. After another despicable action, Monk got up to take a step towards the Noble and one more away from Meta, which made things harder for him.

Metabee took a few steps to the right to get in a better position for his attack but it was Yoshirou that started the fight. He fired a Haien but the Arrancar threw a body at it to block it and then jumped at him with his Zanpakuto above his head. The Captain once again had to reposition himself in accordance to their actions. Yoshirou parried the attack but the impact itself showed how strong Monk really was. Before the next set of attacks would take place, Metabee decided that it's time to act. Whatever Yoshirou wanted to do as his next attack he wanted to provide him with an opportunity.

With Monk's back to him, Metabee revealed himself and stabbed forward into Monk's upper back. Although, he could have stabbed for the heart the Captain wasn't confident he could hit it so even if it didn't hit his heart it might hit his lungs. As long as he did some kind of damage, he thought it would make for a good opportunity. Whether the attack was successful or not Metabee would then distance himself so as not to expose himself for the next attack Monk might make. From now on, Metabee and Yoshirou couldn't shout out the strategies and just had to trust each other.

• Like 2

Maskmonk    331

Monks first attack appeared to be easy brushed off with a parry. His sword swung to the left and instead makes constant with the ground gouging out a scar in the earth, while his opponent moves out of the way to create distance between them, clearly using the beginning of the battle to feel out Monk, however Monk has already learned what he needed to know. His strength rivalled Yoshirou’s and that was all he needed to know to win this fight, in the right situation and the right strike Monk could kill him. But he had more pressing matters.

Before Yoshirou had retreated he fired off a second Kido, one Monk had seen plenty of time as it seemed to be favoured by most shinigami. So as the pale lightning shot towards him Monk continues with his original plan. He thrusts his blade into the ground and drags himself out of the way of the kido, it passing him with a whip and piercing though several trees as it disappears into the forest. Monk could have taken that Kido on his Hierro. He doubted it would have pierced though, but would have left its mark. However Monk wanted to save the hardness of his Hierro for a more opportune moment. Now it was time for him to close the gap once again. He didn’t want to play a game of catch, but until Yoshirou thought he’d grasped Monk power then the real fight would begin. Monk was going to have to play the game of catch until Yoshirou was ready to fight him head on. So he needed to close the distance once again. He lunges towards Yoshirou and as he does. Yoshirou’s Zanpakuto is swung towards Monks side. However Monk had already figured that his strength rivalled his opponents so blocking the attack head on would be the best option. So raising his own Zanpakuto to the side of him, holding it out with a bend elbow to brace for the impact of blades, then not a second later after the blades had connected the weight of Yoshirous Zanpakuto gained more weight and force behind it, forcing Monk to tighten up his muscles in his right hand to hold back the force. “Stronger than I - Gahh!!” Monk was about to mock Yoshirou on being weak, but instead was cut of by a sharp pain being forced into Monks back, it couldn’t have been a citizen of the village, they didn’t have the power cut into his Heirro, which meant, this was a trap. 

Monk didn’t have time to work out who or what was forcing the blade into his back all he didn’t know was if he didn’t move it would do a great deal of damage to his Heirro and himself. Monk twists his back sharply, forcing the blade to run along his back and off past his shoulder instead of deeper into him. At the same time as this Monk angles his blade and push hard so Yoshirou’s would be shoved away from him. Once this was achieve Monk lunges his free left hand towards Yoshirou’s wrist and was going to attempt to use Yoshirou’s blade against the unknown enemy behind him. If this grapple connected Monk would use the swing that pulled Yoshirou to pull himself out from in between his two enemies and then retreat to a safe distance to he could rethink his own tactics to deal with two Shinigami. 

If the grapple failed, Monk would roll out from the middle of his two enemies, jump and wind up a kick to knock Yoshirou into the new enemy and once this had connect or missed. Monk would retreat to a safe distance firing a low charged Bala at the ground to knock as much dust into the air and give Monk plenty of time to adjust. 

The worst part about the fight now was that the secret of his sturdy Heirro had now being revealed. If his Heirro had been weaker then a sneak attack like that could have greatly wounded him, even possibly killed him. However he had survived and was still more than capable of fighting and couldn’t wait to find out the identity of the new enemy. Monk had hated Yoshirou before. Now he loathed him, Monk blood was boiling and his hand and blade shook in anger as he saw both Shinigami standing before him. “I’ll kill you both then” 

Edited by Maskmonk
  • Like 2

Not only did Monk have strength but also his speed wasn’t bad either. Proving his reflexes Monk avoids the kido at near point blank range. It was a difficult move that could only be pulled off by someone with vast fighting experience. A trait common for all Hollows as their entire life is one fight to the next. At least the majority of other races had the choice to be a warrior or not but for Hollows it was already made for them.

Like anticipated the Arrancar closes the gap but is quickly met with a swing from Yoshirou’s sword. His target takes the full force of the blow but besides a slight readjustment he was unflinching. It was confirmed now. From his physique to his fighting style it was all centered around strength. It was a more straight forward approached but in overwhelming quantities it was as deadly as any other ability; and in most cases more versatile.

It was then that Metabee made his presence known taking advantage of the clash between the others. The tip of his blade connects with its mark but before it could penetrate his hierro Monk twisted his body avoiding serious injury. The blade ran across his skin tearing his robe making a metal on metal sound proving just how hard his hierro really is.

Monk then shoves his blade towards Yoshirou, winning the sword clash and proving to be the stronger one. Yoshi stood his ground but his sword hand had been pushed backwards from the force. Twisting and leaning in the Arrancar reaches for Yoshirou’s left wrist. Since Monk was using his left hand he would have to reach across his body to reach Yoshirou’s left side. This would expose him giving Yoshi an open target to strike at.

Balling his right fist up he immediately strikes at Monk’s exposed ribcage moments before being grabbed. “Seki,” Yoshirou says ginning, almost certain his attack would land. Being physically weak he used the kido to enhance his punch fully aware that his opponent was far stronger.

The kido was a weak low level Bakudo so it most likely didn’t create much distance nor cause the Arrancar much harm. Witnessing how hard his hierro was it was probably just a nuisance rather than inflicting damage. Even if the punch missed Monk would have had to us sonido to avoid it so for the moment there was a little space between the trio.

“Is that all there is to you? Kill, kill, kill,” asks Yoshirou standing beside Metabee. The sneak attack was a good idea but they could have never of guessed that the Arrancar’s hierro was so durable. With Meta revealed they had no choice but to stand side by side against the enemy. “There has to be more than that. Earlier you mentioned something about ‘whispers making us enemies’ and ‘freedom from Shinigami’. What’s that all about? This bondage of yours is only a delusion I tell you. The Gotei hasn’t been to Hueco Mundo in ages so surely your mistaken,” he says confidently. Although he was no longer a Captain his influence and position as a Noble kept him well informed. So unless there was something happening in secrete he didn’t know of any missions or trips to the other realms. It was a given that after such atrocities the Hollow would have to die but his appearance and words are still a mystery. 

Yoshioru then whispers to Metabee, "Be wary of his blows. They have a strength behind them I've never felt before."

• Like 2

Metabee    241

While the two were clashing, Metabee chose to act and went for a backstab. It was successful enough that it made contact and it seemed to cause his enemy some pain but there was no lethal wound. This Arrancar had one Hierro so if he wanted to do some damage he couldn't hold back one bit. Monk shifted his back to avoid any further damage while pushing back Yoshirou at the same time. The Noble was no pushover so it just proved his raw strength. The Captain would have to make sure to avoid his attacks because each one could prove to be fatal.

After doing so, Monk leans in and tries to grab Yoshirou's hand but the latter uses a Seki to push back his opponent. Metabee then positioned himself next to Yoshirou before the fight continued. The Arrancar then stated that he would kill them both. Even though Metabee wasn't his target it didn't matter. He would kill anyone that gets in his way. Yoshirou briefly spoke but this wouldn't last long. With such raw strength and hard defense they couldn't drop their guard for even a moment. However, it would also be bad if they gave him the initiative.

The Captain fired a Sokatsui at Monk and then charged in. Before he got into close combat range, Metabee used Shunpo to get behind the Arrancar once again and coated his Zanpakuto with Tsuzuri Raiden and then let out a horizontal slash from left to right followed by a diagonal slash from Monk's left shoulder to right side. If Metabee was to make weapons they wouldn't last long due to his opponent strength and defense so he wanted to avoid using them. He could still use them to get an advantage, even with their limited fighting power, but he also wanted to save that for later. That is why for this fight he would have to use Zanjutsu and Kido. If he was to use hand to hand combat he would probably take more damage than give so that wasn't optimal either.

• Like 2

Maskmonk    331

Monk was confident that in such close combat that it would be the end of Yoshirou. His hand was inches away from Yoshirou wrist and if he wasn’t able to shove him towards his new opponent. He would simply rip his arm out of his socket instead. That seemed more effective. But Monk was shortly disappointed, with his eagerness to get hold of his opponents he had reached across to his right and left himself open. Upon hearing the words of the Kido incantation, he was well aware what would happen next. 

As the Kido makes contact with his open chest he is knocked back quite severely, however damage to him is practically minimal, unnoticed. There was a reason he was a master of hand to hand and that was because he was extremely hard to damage with it or with means similar to it. But that doesn’t quench is anger. Just fills him with pride and confidence. But for a short time Monk is brought back from the frenzy of the fight as Yoshirou asks if this was all Monk was: a killer. And perhaps as of recent that was true. Monk couldn’t remember the last person he had sparred, one thing he had seen that he hadn’t had the intent to kill. Monk had walked a path of blood for a long time. But he had his reason. 

Monk raises his Zanpakuto and swings it down, ending the strike at his feet. A shock wave of wind rustles the leafs on the tree and knocks branches out from the tree. “Once I was different, quiet and I sparred life. Back when I was so foolish. Every life sparred is a future enemy. A hollow let live is the possibility of being consume by that very hollow. Every Shinigami not slain is a enemy for the future. Every human not consume is wasted energy. It’s clear how the world work and it has never been fair. Never for us hollow. We are brought to life, unwilling and born hungry and endless hungry and so we devour. However those who are powerful enough to devour our brethren; fellow hollow are considered wrong. Hunted down always, regardless of our nature. I never took a human life. I was sympathetic, how small they were underneath me. But it didn’t matter I was always hunted. So what does it matter. If I’m a monster, let me be a demon.” This time Monk turn around and swings his blade at the tree that laid outside the destroy village and after a moments pause the leafs all fall out of the tree. “And those whisper. They come from a phantom. I do not know his name. But he speaks the truth. Not just my enslavement to you, but the my enslavement to all Shinigami and how all hollow have to obey and are eventually slaughtered by you. It is time for the Shinigami to pay there toll as they have gone around unchecked for far too long. I have come to collect it for everyone” Monk turns again facing his opponents once more. The price to pay was death. The death of all Shinigami. 

Once Monk has finished addressing Yoshirou’s question the new Shinigami attacks. Clearly having no interest in continuing the conversation, just to Monks liking. Before charging at Monk he fires off a Kido. A blast of blue flame rushed towards Monk. “Come on” Monk taunt. He was bored of fight Kido he wanted flesh and strength. Reaching forward with and a left open hand Monk rams it into the Sokatsui. Clashing with the Kido separating it and passing by him. Reducing the damage to just his arm, which had burn off the sleeve on his robe, his Heirro charred by the Kido, but once again not enough damaged enough to cause discomfort. There was worse Kido to take head on. “You’ll have to try harder than that” Monk said seeing that once the Kido had dispersed past him the unknown Shinigami was no longer in front of him. “A living creatures weakest point is...” Monk begins as he starts to turn around. “The back” as he sees a blade been swung at him Monk Monk moves his blade to counter the Shinigami, once again confident he would take the blow and as both blades connect, Monks right hand gripping his Zanpakuto spasms gripping the blade, even tighter. ‘A shock?’ Monk thinks to himself, thinking it could possibly be the ability of this Shinigamis Zanpakuto. ‘But he hasn’t released it yet’. However as long as he held his blade the longer he would feel the shock as he had no idea how long it would last, so Monk forces his hand open and drops his Zanpakuto, removing the shock from his right arm. Upon dropping his Zanpakuto though his guard is lost and is forced to lean backwards to avoid the blade.

Then he had to worry about the second swing. Going diagonally, so Monk ducks slightly low down and  flattens his right hard and goes in for the counter, angling his hand so it met with the blade, running along his hand and down his arm, tearing the right sleeve of robes, revealing his right arm to be covered in scars and adding one more scratch to the collect, minimised by the angle he had counted at. 

But he didn’t stop there. His defence now became his attack at he continued forward letting his enemies Zanpakuto run down his right arm and then fall off at his elbow. Monk then lunges his flat right hand towards the Shinigami gut. Then with his body slightly lower to the ground Monk would follow this up with a kick upwards going for in between the Shinigami’s legs. However even if he missed, with the kick he planned to launch himself up into air and out of the Shinigami swing range. If his kick had managed to connect and knocked the Shinigami up with him. Monk would cup his hands and slam them down on top of the Shinigami knocking him back down to the ground. However now his back was turned towards Yoshirou. Hopefully he wouldn’t risk anything that would put his ally at risk. 

• Like 2

Monk took a second to answer Yoshirou’s questions once again. It was most likely done to reassess the situation than a courtesy to the Noble. He stated how it was foolish to let a potential enemy live or energy go to waste. Yes Monk was a demon but more than that he was a madman. Such a life style had to be harsh and lonely forcing Monk to live in solitude and slowly lose his mind.

During the conversation there were a few times Monk swung his sword displaying the strength behind it. It was likely done involuntarily, similar to an animal with rabies or a human with the tourette syndrome. What most caught Yoshirou’s ear was the repeated mention of a phantom. “This phantom… is it an actually being, or is it just a figment of your imagination?” he asks though before Monk could answer this time, Metabee charged in attacking. It didn’t make a difference because it was obviously a question you couldn’t ask the person in suspicion. Of course most wouldn’t admit to seeing things and wouldn’t really know if they were or not.

The exchange of blows lasted only a moment and for a second it appeared that Metabee had the upper hand. Monk being extremely athletic and resourceful managed to maneuver in away that avoided much damage and even responds with a counter. It was at that moment Yoshi made his move.

With plenty of time and his opponents back Yoshirou attacks. With Metabee engaged Yoshi couldn’t risk using a powerful kido or a deadly zanjutsu skill. The battle was too early to be desperate and risk injuring a comrade. Of course all that could change in an instant so the sooner they could end the fight the better.

Closing the distance in what appeared to be a single step Yoshirou materialized behind the Arrancar. An attack now was almost a guarantee but noting in life was ever certain.  With a right round house kick his target was Monks left side ribcage, going for the same area that was exposed before. If the kick hit its mark it would have enough force to send Monk tumbling off further separating him from his Zanpakuto; but with his strength and hierro it was probably just a few yards.

It was all that was need, Yoshirou immediately charged in, with his left hand raised above his head. Quickly closing the gap Yoshi brings down his sword in a single slice going for quality instead of quantity. The speed and power of the swing was greatly enhanced through his power over gravity. Without his Zanpakuto Monk had little hope of stopping the attack. Even with it he would still be hard press to block the strike but with the depths of Monks strength unknown anything was possible. 

If the roundhouse kick was avoided Yoshirou would still follow up with the same descending slash, closing whatever distance the Arrancar attempts to make. Like Monk, Yoshirou was fully confident in close range combat. Truth be told Yoshi preferred close to mid range combat over long range battles. It was nothing surprising as that was the sweet spot for most fighters and warriors. 

• Like 2

Metabee    241

After Yoshirou asked him a question, once again Monk answered it. Metabee didn't know if it was because he was just that kind of person and though that it didn't matter if he told them since he wanted to kill them anyway or if it was simply to adjust himself to the new situation since he was caught by his surprise attack. The Arrancar gave them a small perspective of the life of a Hollow while showing his anger by swinging his Zanpakuto. The Captain thought that he wasn't entirely wrong. The world was not a nice place. There is no reason to spare your enemies as they might come back stronger and kill you. However, cruelly killing anyone that comes into your path was taking it too far. The people who had lived here had done nothing wrong to Hollows, they had never probably seen one in the first place, and yet they were killed as part of some sort of scheme of vengeance against the Shinigami.

Seeing that the Arrancar was done with his speech, Metabee chose this time to attack. This was not a battle of words. Nothing they would say would change Monk's mind. There was only one solution to this. It was either him or them. The Arrancar plunged his fist into the Sokatsui causing it to split in two. Normally, people would avoid such an approach but thanks to his Hierro he had minimal damage. Monk then followed his movements and the Captain appeared behind him. Their blades clashed but thanks to his Kido Monk was taking some damage from the shock. Even if he couldn't match his strength there were several ways to dish out more damage, especially from someone who excelled in both Kido and Zanjutsu.

To avoid any further damage, the Arrancar dropped his Zanpakuto and ducked to avoid his next attack but not completely. His attack partially connected with Monk's right hand which he then used to counterattack. Metabee sidestepped to the left to avoid it but at this range he also couldn't quite avoid it and his opponents hand tore through his white shirt and left a small cut in his side. Monk followed this up with a kick aiming for his crotch but Metabee used a Seki to counter it. He could try to dodge it but he would rather not risk it and preferred to play it safe. He didn't really like idea of losing his balls as he might still need them in the future. Even though both sides were willing to play dirty aiming for someones balls was just pure shameless!

The Noble took their exchange as an opportunity and joined in, appearing behind the Arrancar and launching a roundhouse kick to create distance. If this was successful, before Yoshirou reached Monk Metabee put out his left hand,'Hado#32 Okasen.' He said the name to increase its firepower and even if it didn't do much the damage would add up eventually. Furthermore, the reason he used his hand instead of Zanpakuto was not to hit Yoshirou and give him an opportunity. Once Yoshirou would launch his next attack, the Captain would also get in close. The Noble attacked from a high angle so he would aim a bit lower. Putting both his hands on his Zanpakuto, Metabee would do another horizontal slash but this time he would aim it for his opponent's stomach. As Metabee was a bit to Monk's side he would then spin on his heel to reposition himself and let out a thrust.

If Yoshirou's kick was not successful, Metabee would do a shoulder barge on the now standing Monk to get him into the Noble's next attack. Even if Monk's focus was turned to Yoshirou he would not stop attacking. His next action would be a diagonal slash, the opposite direction of last time, followed by a step backwards and a Sokatsui aimed directly at the Arrancar's head.

• Like 2

Maskmonk    331

Even after all the effort Monk had gone though in order to defend himself, he’d dropped his Zanpakuto, taken a shock in his arm and countered the Shinigami’s attack almost perfect and yet all he had achieved was tearing away at the Shinigami’s white shirt. ‘I may as well have retreated’ Monk thinks to himself as his kick upwards was also countered by the exact means that Yoshirou used. Using that accursed Kido. It seemed facing two Shinigami of this level was going to be an up hill battle, but one he would win. No matter the cost. 

Then just after being countered Monk felt yet another hit come from behind him, hitting him in the side of the ribs, his Heirro took the brunt of the force as it wasn’t a blade that had hit him. But the force was still strong. So Monk didn’t resist. It was the perfect opportunity to get out of the way again. So he loosened his muscles and let himself tumble along the ground for a few feet and pushed himself back up with his hands and regains his composure quick as he was sure more was on its way and it was. A bright yellow kido was shooting towards him while Yoshirou was coming up only a few seconds behind it, his Zanpakuto raised above his head, meaning it was going to come crashing down and if it came down with the same force as his last swing, Monk wasn’t sure he wanted to block that directly with his Heirro and even allowing it to side down his Heirro could be risky. Monk could on think of one solution and was positive that if Yoshirou was on the attack the other Shinigami would be soon. 

‘Now!’ Monk thinks just as the Kido is about to reach him and the downward slash of Yoshirou’s blade begins Monk uses Sonido to move a very small distance, which is just to the right of Yoshirou and as Monk watched the Zanpakuto swing past him and down towards the ground Monk was left with the opening he wanted, but only for a second. The other Shinigami would likely be on his way. So Monk cuffs his left fist and pushes it towards Yoshirou’s elbow in an attempt to break it. If he could quiet literally disarm on arm then he would gain some form of advantage over his opponents and now it was the other Shinigami’s turn as he saw him, he had been on the frontal assault for some time. But Monk was not going to leave himself open for attack a third time. A horizontal swing comes from the Shinigami. So Monk quickly shifts his right and and block the Zanpakuto at the guard, blocking it with the palm of his hand so he could push against it and make sure it went no further than he intended. Then the Shinigami pulls back and comes in for a thrust. But Monks right hand was still free as the blade comes toward Monk once again, Monks right hand lunges towards the blade and tightens around it like a vice, with a sound that almost sounded like metal on metal the Zanpakuto eventually comes to a stop before reaching Monk. 

Now he had both of his opponents directly in front of him. So whether or not Monks first counter against Yoshirou succeeded or not, he still wanted to deal with the pest that was disturbing his fight against the opponents he had sort in the first place. So Monk attempts to pull on the Shinigami’s blade and pulls it towards him and slightly to his right, well out of the way of his stomach. If the Shinigami chose to let go of his Zanpakuto to avoid Monk he would use the Shinigami’s blade against Yoshirou and swing for his neck, even though Monk was gripping it by the blade there was still enough blade to sever a head from a neck. 

However if the Shinigami did not let go of the blade Monk would bring his left hand over and with an open hand try to get a hold of the Shinigami’s head, If he managed to get a hold of the Shinigami’s head he was going to attempt to crush it like a melon and be rid of the pest that had entered this battle. But what was important was both his opponents were in close range, Monk felt he had the advantage. If all his attacks succeeded which in battle was never truely certain he had possibly broken one opponent arm or stolen another’s Zanpakuto. If either happened, Monk would have a great advantage and would possibly lead him to victory. 

• Like 2

The fight was intense from the get go. With the Arrancar taking on two senior level Captains it was not going to be easy. That was evident from all the minor wounds Monk was receiving as he was now stuck from behind. Yoshirou’s kick was successful sending his him a few yards off. Although the damage was small the attack separated the Hollow from his sword. Even for a master at hakuda losing one’s Zanpakuto was a significant blow preventing you from unleashing your true power. No matter how formidable you were, you were always stronger with it.

Metabee launched a kido while Yoshi charged in right behind it ready to follow up with his attack. Just before the lightning would hit his mark, Monk vanished from site. The pair had finally forced him to rely on a high-speed movement technique, further showing that they had the upper hand... for now. What was more astonishing was the fact that Monk was doing so well despite the odds stacked against him. Apparently he did come here with what it takes to back his words.

As Yoshirou initiated his downward slash Monk reappears to his right looking for an opening to take advantage of. The Zanpakuto strikes the ground with thunderous force easily splitting the ground in two, shaking the earth around them. It was at that moment Monk swung aiming for Yoshirou’s elbow. Shunpo was the best and only way to avoid the attack without taking damage but that would have put needless distance between them. Instead of creating distance Yoshi releases his, blackish bluish, spiritual pressure in a rapid burst. The idea was to use the influx in gravity, as well as the unstable terrain to throw off the trajectory of Monk’s fist.

While the quick thinking tactic diverted Monk’s hand enough to miss its target, Yoshirou didn’t come out unscathed. The attacked hit and brushed off the back of his right hamstring. Immediately a sharp tingly sensation shot through his leg. If Yoshirou didn’t witness it himself he would have sworn he was hit with a blunt object like a bat instead of barehanded attack.

Yoshirou takes a step forward continuing with the forward momentum from his initial attack putting him more to Monks side. The second he puts weight on his right leg he limps and unintentionally takes a second step forward. “Son of a…” he thinks to himself. Luckily he knew his leg wasn’t broken. The pain was sharpest when weight was applied to it similar to being dead legged. Where someone either knees or elbows you really hard in the upper leg, in the front or the back, penetrating deep into the muscle. You’d easily feel the pain for the rest of the day but especially when walking making it feel as if one of your legs were dead weight. If you’ve never experience this then count yourself lucky though you can give yourself or someone a small taste of it by simply leaning on their quad with your elbow. I promise you even a small amount of pressure is good enough to make the other person scream out in pain, surprised by it.

Although Yoshirou did not scream out he knew for certain that he was hit. “Even two on one he’s good enough to constantly keep us on guard,” he thinks never taking his eyes off Monk who was now reengaged with Metabee. “If circumstances where different you would have been an amazing sparring partner.” Or so were his thoughts as he unsheathed his second Zanpakuto switching his style to Nihado, also known as ‘The Way of Two Blades’. With his spiritual pressure currently flowing at its peak Yoshirou was able to take some of the pressure off his right leg though he wouldn’t be attacking with in anytime soon. The time for assessing the others abilities were over; the real fight starts now.

Monk blocks the Commanders first swing and reaches out grabbing hold of Metabee’s Zanpakuto. Yoshirou chose this moment to attack, not because he was concerned for his comrade’s safety but he was predicting an opening that would soon be there. Yoshi considered what he would do if a physically stronger opponent attempted to grab his weapon and acted accordingly. It was actually a kido Metabee already used once so you could say it as Monk’s first mistake; Hado # 11. Whether it’s what Metabee does or not Yoshirou commits to the attack taking advantage of the struggle for the sword.

Using shunpo Yoshirou appears to Monk’s right side with speeds faster than before. Although his leg was injured he was still faster using shunpo than without and the fact that his leg wasn’t actually broken helps. Appearing with both swords raised to opposite sides Yoshirou strikes, downward and diagonally; with a move he calls Basami. The skill uses two simultaneous slashes coming from opposite directions making it difficult to defend against both attacks. What makes it special is that each attack comes in at varying angles that could be changed. The one incoming from the front was at a sixty-degree angle while the one racing towards his backside was at a forty-five degree angle. Not only did it make a perfect defense harder it insured that the blades wouldn’t collide together but instead make an imperfect (X).

Even if Monk manages to get Metabee’s Zanpakuto away from him and attempts to behead Yoshi, the attack would be blocked by the frontal slash while the other rear one find its mark. If either attack hits flesh they should pack enough force to bisect its target; or at the very least cause serious injury.

If Monk avoids the attack by retreating Yoshirou would allow it this time. Instead of perusing him Yoshi would shunpo and retrieve Monk’s Zanpakuto while he would sheath his left one in order to do so. The sword was behind both of the Shinigamis so there was little hope Monk would be successful just rushing in for it. If Yoshirou couldn’t do any physical damage then he would take the source of his power reserves, equally crippling him.

If the Basami was merely avoided by stepping to either side Yoshirou would readjust his positioning and strike again. He would quickly bring both Zanpakutos together, to his right, then swing them diagonally upwards. Since both swords were already at a lowered position Yoshi was able to instantly and gracefully execute the attack like a true Zanjutsu Master. After the attack Yoshirou would return both Zanpakutos to the ready as he prepared for his next attack. 

• Like 2

Metabee    241

As Yoshirou's kick was successful, Monk was kicked away some distance and the battle continued. Since both sides were very strong it wouldn't be wise to give them too much time due to the fact that any attack can be lethal. For their next attacks Metabee fired an Okasen and Yoshirou charged in with a strong attack but the Arrancar dodged both with a Sonido. It seemed they were starting to push him since he had to rely on his Sonido instead of taking the attack.

The Captain ran towards them while their skirmish continued. Monk threw a punch at the Noble's elbow but he used his spiritual pressure to redirect it, though he couldn't completely avoid it and took a hit to the leg. Considering the strength of their opponent, it must have been some impact. Unfortunately, between him and Yoshirou, it was the Noble that had to be more careful. As long as Metabee's head and heart was still going he could regenerate broken or lost limbs if given enough time but blood loss would still be a problem. Although, Monk didn't ignore his attacks it did not change the fact that Yoshirou was his true target so making that kind of time should be possible.

After the Noble got hit, Metabee made it at their location and dished out some of his own attacks. However, both of them were blocked and his thrust was caught in a firm grip. At first he struggle for his Zanpakuto but after seeing that the Arrancar reached out for his head Metabee decided to let it go and stepped back. Perhaps he could have used a Kido to escape the situation but the battle was only beginning and he didn't want to overuse Kido. His future techniques would drain a lot out of him so he had to conserve his energy until then.

Yoshirou stepped in, or dashed in to be precise, and Monk launched an attack at his neck with the Captain's Zanpakuto but the Noble launched an attack that was also nothing to sneeze at. Fortunately for Metabee, he wasn't completely useless without his Zanpakuto. In fact, he could make countless weapons at the snap of his finger. In the blink of an eye a sword appeared in both of his hands. In his right hand was a white sword and in his left hand was a purple sword. A balance of light and dark, just like the conflict within him. Making a pair of swords was much more economic than constantly using Kido so he would finally have to show his ability. However, against Monk's Hierro they wouldn't be much help but he wouldn't know that. Instead, Metabee used more spirit energy on his swords to make them sturdier.

Before Monk's and Yoshirou's exchange finished, the Captain stepped back in and with his right hand made a vertical slash at the Arrancar's right wrist which was holding his Zanpakuto. Ultimately, his goal was to get back his Zanpakuto as that was the core of his fighting style but the problem was creting the opportunity to do so. Since Monk dropped his own weapon he might decide to take a long hold of his. Metabee followed this up with a horizontal slash at Monk's chest level. The Noble knew the weakness behind his swords so the Captain hoped that he would also help out but either way he could handle himself for a few exchanges.

swords:

The_Twin_Blades_by_crayishikara.jpg.a9aa2654b5df0e6f4f7467ea372bc766.jpg

Edited by Metabee
  • Like 2

Maskmonk    331

Monk was positive he was about to break Yoshirou’s elbow break7nf what Monk presumed was Yoshirou natural hand, but before he can make contact a sudden burst of spiritual pressure explodes out of Yoshirou and Monk feels his entire body gain weight. For all he was used to carrying weight as that was why his hits dealt so much damage he put his entire body weight behind it. But this force drove him and his punch down, so instead of it going for its original target. Instead the downward force pushed Monks fist into Yoshirou leg. However Monk felt no bones breaking which was a shame. 

However Monk had perhaps gained some information on his opponents. Monk had felt the effects of spiritual pressure before; an overwhelming amount could make it hard to breath or even starve you. But the only time he felt physically pressure from spiritual pressure was during a Arrancar’s release. As spiritual pressure often feels denser after the release. Which could mean Yoshirou’s abilities have something to do with weight or at least altering it. 

As for Monk the battle with the unknown Shinigami, Monk had won for claim over the Zanpakuto. Monk attempt to grasp the Shinigami head had made him let go of his Zanpakuto and step back. Which was all Monk needed. He needed a short amount of time to react to what Yoshirou was already doing. Monk could see his right hand in front of him, but at a glance Monk could see Yoshirou’s left off to the side and was bringing it down at a similar pace to his right and the unknown Shinigami had wasted no time. Using what Monk could only guess was a Kido or perhaps the Shinigami’s abilities he had summoned two blade. Now he had four blade coming for him and only one that didn’t even belong to him. 

Monk could only see one option. He takes hold of his enemies Zanpakuto and ducks down, Raising the blade above his head, the first clash of blades comes, the unknown Shinigami strikes his own Zanpakuto, which Monk can take with ease as he bends his knees preparing for the next two and they come. Striking the top of the blade with the imperfect slashed landing on top of the Zanpakuto and pushing the blunt side of the  Zanpakuto Monk was holding onto the back of his neck, bringing it to a sudden halt. “Is that all” Monk mocks had used all his strength to block his opponents attacks and he wasn’t stuck. He had already planned ahead as he saw the unknown Shinigami new white sword coming towards him. 

So Monk pushes hard against the ground and pushes hard up with his arms against his to opponents. Then with all his might he extends his legs. The Zanpakuto he was holding protected him as it pushed his enemies blades away as he shot up and into the sky far from his opponents, once up in the sky Monk begins charging a Cero in his left hand and looks down to only find one target where he had left him, Monk quickly looks around and finds that Yoshirou had disappeared and reappeared by Monks Zanpakuto. So Monk aims for the closer target and aiming his Cero downwards lets the beam be unleashed towards the Unknown Shinigami. 

This would then hopefully keep him busy enough so Monk could attack his real opponent. Pushing off against the spiritual pressure in the air to give him and speedy start, Monk lands on the ground and covers the rest of the distance in a sprint, preparing an overhead slash once again, but Monk wasn’t going to put as much behind it as his first. Monk was expecting a parry as a counter as Yoshirou had a excellent amount of skill with a Zanpakuto and parrying was the best way for Yoshirou to gain an opening. 

So if Yoshirou did attempt to counter the downward lash with a counter parry Monk was prepared, having not put his full effort into the attack, Monk would easily be able to redirect from the counter and the go for a lethal upper cut and with this uppercut, Monk would swing hard and long. He would go over his head and bring it back down behind him as he had no doubt the other Shinigami would be on the offence soon after dealing with the Cero.

• Like 2