Sign in to follow this  
Sayuri

As the Winter Pond Glistens

Sayuri stared out the window she had been working on paper work most of the day. It was coming to the point she was doing more zoning out and more daydreaming and actual paperwork, which wasn't a good sign. The ground had been covered in a light dusting of snow earlier in the week and it had yet to fade away giving the area outside the window almost a painting like look. With the light snow on the ground and  the evening sun bouncing off the frozen crystals as it shined through the nearby trees, it was a tantalizing view. It sat there calling to her. Come and play with me. Come enjoy the cool breeze the lofted through the winter air. Come, come. It called. Oh how it called. But oh the paper work.... She had promised Meta she would help and that was exactly what she was supposed to be doing, not staring longingly out the window and the wintry wonderland that laid just beyond the glass panes. After a few minutes of fighting with herself, she resumed to do just a  few more pages or the work.

Not even a few minutes after she had resigned to working on the paper work, had movement outside the window caught her eyes. Her head snapped back to the window in utter curiosity. It was then she noticed the graceful white flakes dancing their way through the sky and onto the ground. She had lost her drive for the paper work and decided to enjoy what was left of the day outside in the snowy paradise. She jumped to her feet and ran to her coat, boots and other winter gear, pulling them quickly she was ready to head out. As she reached for the door, Sayuri realized just playing outside people would probably see her and she would feel bad about not actually doing the paper work. With a sigh she stepped away from the down.

Before she could finish pulling a single glove off she had the perfect solution. The pond. With any luck, it could still be frozen from the chilly weather. It would be perfect for ice skating. Now, she just had to get her skates from her room and sneak off to the pond without being spotted. She slowly opened the door to the office and check again for anyone in sight. When she believed the coast to be clear, she sprinted towards the barracks. As she got closer, she slowed down as much as she could to try and keep her noise down. If she ran into anyone, she would feel so bad for not doing the paperwork right now. She slowly moved down the hallways checking for people. In a way she felt like a spy or a thief trying to sneak into a forbidden area. Getting to her room, she quickly grabbed her skate and began to sneak out of the barracks. Once out she looked at the long open stretch between the barracks and the path to the pond. She looked one, looked twice and took a deep breath. This was the moment, if she was going to be caught it would happen here. This was the most open section of her path. Releasing the breath, she sprinted as fast as she could across the area to the path to the pond with her skates.

Once on the trail to the pond she slowed down and began skipping happy to enjoy what could be the last snow of winter. She couldn't help but feel bad about not doing the paper work, but it could always be done at another time right? The snow wouldn't always be falling. Upon reaching the pond, she found a stump and sat on it pulling her boot off and exchanging them with her states. Carefully, she pushed herself to a stand and made her way over to the icy pond. The remaining light of day was just enough to give the area a beautiful glow. Carefully, she tested the ice making sure enough it was strong enough to hold her weight. Once satisfied with her testing, she pushed off on to it and began to lat the area fade away, skating as she had so many times before with grace and experience. Everything else seemed to fade away except for her, her skates, the beautiful glistening pond and the lovely winter flakes floating through the air and occasionally coming to rest on her face and arms.

Spoiler

002_zpsh8pndlfp.jpg

Edited by Sayuri
Added Photo
  • Like 1

In the Captains office there was a lone man sitting at his desk and doing paperwork. The desk was a complete mess with papers lying around everywhere of which some where filled out but there was still piles of more to complete and there was a empty tea cup along with many empty water bottles too. Metabee let out a loud sigh 'This is so boring...' he said as he put down his pen. He's been doing this for so long he lost the track of time but couldn't bear to do anymore. The Captain got up and stretched out making some of his bones click from sitting for so long. He then decided to have a walk around his office to stretch his legs properly and walked around aimlessly until he stopped at the showcase. He looked through the various photos and other things that luckily were managed to be salvaged from the destruction of the barracks. He looked at the picture of Alvito with his squad members and then he looked at one of the new pictures. The picture was of him and Sayuri with the squad members in front of the newly rebuilt barracks which they took quite recently since it was a good opportunity. The two pictures had many faces in common but also a lot of people were gone too but he didn't want to think about that so he walked over to his desk and picked up a framed picture of him and Sayuri which made him smile.

Metabee then put down the picture and walked to the window and even though it was winter he opened it to get in some cold fresh air. He much preferred the summer but he also loved the chilly evenings of winter. As he looked outside he noticed it was snowing 'It's good we finished rebuilding before it got really cold and started snowing.' The Captain enjoyed the view for a few minutes and then began to clean up his desk just in case the wind blew away the papers or someone walked in. He collected the papers and clipped them in neat files to separate them and keep them together, put the water bottles in the bin and the only thing that was left to clean was his tea cup. He closed the window and took the cup as he left the office and headed to the kitchen to wash it. After that was done he headed to Sayuri's office to see how she was doing since the paperwork must of bored her too. Upon arriving he knocked on the door and walked in 'How are the papers go-' he stopped as soon as he saw she wasn't here. This was to be expected, especially in this weather since she likes nature.

The Captain then walked out and closed the door behind him and walked around the barracks to look for her but with no luck. He stopped to think for a second about where she could have gone and a grin came to his face 'It's been a while since we went there, hasn't it?' Metabee went back to his office and got a sticky note which he put on the door saying that he's going out for a walk and then went to his room to get his outdoor clothes. As he walked outside the barracks the settled snow crunched under his feet and water vapour formed as he was breathing. He made his way over to the pond behind the Kido Corps and as he got closer he suppressed his spiritual pressure so Sayuri wouldn't be able to notice he was coming.

As he got closer to the pond area he could see Sayuri skating on the frozen pond, her movements so graceful and full of happiness, he was speechless at the beautiful sight before him. Not wanting to be seen just yet he hid behind a tree and kept watching. He thought that since he's unnoticed he might as well surprise her so he crouched down and gathered some snow to make a snowball. Metabee looked carefully to measure the distance between the tree and the pond. There was no wind at that moment so it was perfect. He raised his hand in a throwing stance. All your training has come down to this, everything you did was just for this moment, if you miss you will lose the element of surprise and you only have one shot at this. Aim, fire! The Captain then threw the snowball at Sayuri. No matter the result, he came out of hiding and sat on a stump to let her carry on skating since she was having so much fun and kept watching.

Sayuri staked across the pond just enjoying the cool air and the ice beneath her skates. With the way the weather was it would no doubt be spring soon, and the joys of winter gone with it, for now she was just going to enjoy what was there and it was all too clear that she had all but forgotten the paper work and the office work she had been doing previously. She glided across the pond twirling here, spinning there and throwing in a few jumps just for the fun of it. That was until, one turn ended her with a face full of well packed snow. It wasn't as if she had fallen but instead gotten hit was a snowball and whoever it was had pretty good aim after she had been a moving target. She quickly wiped the snow from her face with her jacket sleeve and then began to look around for the culprit.  Seeing Meta, she smiled and waved to him with a giggle. Nice Shot!  She made a lap around the pond before an idea hit her and it was the perfect idea if done right, that would be payback for the well aimed snowball. All she needed was speed, and luck. With a fast pace on the ice and Meta coming close enough to the pond she could get him.

She watched carefully for his location and seeing him sitting on a stump pretty close to the pond, she smiled deviously. Her plan would work all too perfectly. All she needed to do was pick up enough speed. She began circling the pond moving faster with each lap completed. When she was moving at a pretty decent speed, she waited until she was on the opposite side of the pond from Meta and then made a b-line across the center of the pond towards him keeping up her speed. As she got closer, she leaned into position and quickly turn to stop facing sideways. As she reached her stop, she giggled watching her skates spray ice off of the pond and out towards Meta's direction. With any luck, she had created enough speed and momentum that he had gotten well covered in a shower of ice flakes. She waited in anticipation to see if her plan had worked.

• Like 1

Metabee kept watching Sayuri ice skate on the frozen pond. He didn't have any ice skates and he didn't know how to so he decided he would stay at the side. He didn't expect to get a headshot with that snowball though which made him pretty proud of that shot. As he watched he noticed that she was coming to him at a pretty fast which made him wonder 'Hmm?' Was she going to do a pirouette in the air with that speed or something? Only if he knew...Sayuri came to a stop and her ice skates sent a shower of ice flakes in his direction. Since it caught him by surprise it was pretty effective and before he got a chance to wipe the ice flakes of his face the Captain instantly got up and stuck his hand down his collar 'Ah! It went down my collar! Cold!' Metabee started fidgeting with his hand in his clothes as the cold flakes melted on his spine and went even lower. He then took his hand out of his collar and started wiping his face after giving up on his back but he had it coming so he should of foreseen something like this.

He carefully looked around the area to see if there was something else he could do but decided not to before Sayuri got any more bright ideas. For now he would stay standing and ask 'Have you been here long? You must of been pretty bored of the work.' He said the last part with a smirk and then continued 'I don't blame you. Me too. You are pretty good at ice skating. Have you done it a lot in the past?' Metabee noticed she knew how to do so many things. Honestly, it amazed him. At times he thought that maybe its natural and he was the odd one out but he preferred to think that she was really talented. There was still so many things that he didn't know about her so he will most likely have the same feeling for a long while. Besides, this gave them the chance to teach each other a lot too even though he couldn't teach her much apart from fighting.

• Like 1

After she had seen the ice hit is spot, she smiled and did a little happy dance on the ice, she stifled a giggle as she watched her captain attempt to get right of the ice flakes. Happily receiving her payback, Sayuri became to slowly lap the pond adding in a few turn combination as fancy steps here and there just for the fun of it. Hearing of the paper work, she had almost forgotten, she leaned a bit forward and stumbled upon the ice. Regaining her balance she barely avoided a fall and serious face plant.  She turned her gaze to the sky, thoughtfully, trying to see what time it was near now to answer his question as she head back towards him. Hmm, I dunno. I mean, I guess I dunno what time it is now or the time of when I left for that matter. When he had brought up the paper work she figured he might be a bit mad at her for not doing it, but hearing his next line she was filled with relief, at least she wasn't the only one who had felt like she was just dragging her way through the paperwork.  During winters , I used to skate on the pond near where I grew up in the Rukongai. Granting it, it used to be a lot more falling than skating and my occasion of bad luck with falling straight through the ice. She shuttered at a memory of accidentally falling through the ice.  It was way too clod, but I learned my lesson, always check the ice first. She smiled and chuckled softly at the memory, before turning the question to him. What about you? Have you ever skated before?

• Like 1

Metabee chuckled at Sayuri's reactions to his questions and listened to her answers. He smiled at hearing her talk of her past and her ditzy inexperience back then but now they were both adults and he was the inexperienced one. She then asked if he skated before and he shook his head 'I don't remember most of my past but I'm pretty sure I haven't since I have no idea how to skate. Maybe I never got the opportunity to do it or wasn't interested in it back then, who knows.' Before continuing he was interrupted by his Zanpakuto 'Release your inner animal and become the ice ballerina you always wanted.' This caused him to frown and quickly retort 'Go back to sleep you lizard! Unless you want to have a go? Want me to materialise you?' but the Spirit didn't give up 'My dreams are not the same as your wildest fantasies. Besides, I want to laugh at you failing.' With a sigh he focused back on Sayuri 'I bet you want to skate together? You would have to teach me first if that's the case. This time it's going to be my turn falling left and right. Lets hope the ice doesn't break though since it would ruin the fun.' This wasn't because of what his Zanpakuto said but because he was simply willing to give it a go. It would be a good distraction from everything else and it might be the last chance to try before having to wait until next winter. He liked to learn new things especially when they were fun and then maybe someday he could pass on those things to someone else. Furthermore, ever since he became a Shinigami it became really rare for him to learn things that he considered fun and that's why he wanted to use every opportunity he could get. Metabee looked at her skates 'Before any of that though I don't have my own skates so do you want me to make some using my ability? I doubt yours would fit me.' This lead to another comment from his Zanpakuto 'Do not forget the outfit, make that too. I am sure it will fit you perfectly.'

• Like 1

You don't have to skate if you don't want to, but if you want to learn I would be happy to teach you. She shook her head as he spoke of falling and falling through. I'm sure you wouldn't be that bad. I was an uncoordinated child when I started. Last I've seen you are neither a child nor uncoordinated, but then again we never learn anything if we don't let ourselves fall a few times. Plus the ice is pretty thick, so there is no way either of us would fall through. To prove her point about skating on the strong ice, she lapped the pond once and gracefully did a jump landing it easily. See? So, the choice is yours. To skate or not to skate? She reached her hand forward as a sort of invite, but leaving the decision completely up to him. She didn't want to push him one way or another. Skating could be hard, but then again to her learning to skate was easier than learning to fight.

• Like 1

Metabee listened to Sayuri's answer and the choice was up to him. He watched as she did a lap and did a graceful jump something he will probably learn with practice and he knew she was right since you first have to fail to succeed. He focused his spirit energy into his hands to make skates. They didn't look bad for clothing he made and it was better than nothing but he wondered if they were safe. His ability was the best when used to make swords and not clothing so he wasn't used to it 'You know, maybe once we retire we could start selling stuff I make. 'Meta's and Sayuri's general goods store' What do you think? Probably wouldn't work though since they are made out of my spirit energy to begin with.' He walked over to the stump to change his shoes to the skates and carefully walked over carefully to Sayuri and took her hand and let her do her thing 'Teach me, o master!' For now he would have to get used to it since even keeping balance troubling him but under Sayuri's guidance he was sure he could gain the knowledge and a few bruises too.

She laughed at his idea. As he walked over she reach out her hands to him. Give me both you hands. I'm skate backwards and try to guide you. Let me know once you have a bit of balance just standing on the skates. She figured once she could get him skating slowly with her going backwards leading him she could start letting him skate with less of her help. Probably going to skating beside him and then to letting him go on his own. She had a feeling he would pick it up in on time and be just fine without her.

• Like 1

He gave Sayuri both her hands just like she asked and then she started skating backwards while he followed her lead. It was definitely a weird feeling but it was something he would get used to. Some call combat 'dancing with the sword' but this was a bit different to dancing. It still required a lot of leg movement and the right posture but with all that stance training his Zanpakuto gave him in the inner world he was sure he would get it pretty quick since it helped him to be less stiff on his legs. After a while, it felt much more comfortable and he knew how to shift his weight better so maybe it was time to move on 'I think I'm ready for the next step.' Metabee was taking it pretty slow since he knew that if he didn't get the basics the rest wouldn't work out just like Kido so he didn't rush and tried to get the most out of it.

Seeing he was ready for the next step, she waited a bit until he felt he was ready. Upon hearing so, she nodded and turned to skate beside him, letting him mostly skate on his own but still there if he needed the support. Alright, time to try to skate a bit on your own. You are catching on pretty quickly. It you have trouble I'm right here, but don't worry about it you are doing amazing. i bet you probably don't even need me any more. She smiled letting him skate as he wanted but staying near enough if he needed help.

• Like 2

The next step consisted of him skating along Sayuri and so far it was good and he didn't fall once...yet. She even commented on how well he was doing 'Thanks, but I still need you.' He said so with a smile and focused on skating. First, he went pretty slow to get used to it but after a while he wanted to go faster. Metabee then started to pick up speed but wasn't even going to bother trying to do a jump or anything like that since he knew he would fail. He just wanted to go faster since he was a fast type which turned out to be a pretty bad idea very quickly as he lost balance and fell on his back 'Ice:1, Meta:0. Might want to reconsider your life choices.' Once he got back up he answered his Zanpakuto 'One day...I'm so going to kill you.' He faced Sayuri and smirked 'Maybe it's better if I stay slow for now.' Metabee then continued to skate at normal speed 'So? Any tips?'

• Like 1

Sayuri couldn't help but let out a small giggle as Meta hit the ice, but quickly covered it up and smiled. A hint, hmmm. Other than try and try again? She paused a moment in through before responding. Take it easy. Go by how your balance feels. Get used to the feel of sifting you weight from side to side with each movement forward. She pushed forward towards her left on her left skate leaving her right just off the ice to show her balance on her left skate and then repeated it on her other skate. Just keep the movements nice and easy. Let yourself balance. She paused a moment in through trying to find the best explanation  that might work for him. I guess the balance is kinda like fighting. Like when you have an attack come at you that you don't see coming and have to quickly jump out of the way. You just have to naturally let yourself balance or else you can end up falling on your butt, at least that's what always happens to me.

• Like 2

Metabee carefully listened and watched Sayuri's explanation and he was happy that she adapted it to a battle situation since that worked the best for him 'Thanks that really helps when you put it that way. How long did it take you to become so good at it? Your butt must of suffered a lot if you kept falling so much as you say you did.' He said the last part with a teasing smile and tried out what Sayuri told him which did help him balance himself 'Were you taught all this by someone? Or did you teach it yourself?' So far he was doing pretty good and didn't expect it to learn it so fast but then again this wasn't so complex since it is just a recreational activity. However, he doubted that he would be able to learn this without any help. Metabee now understood the fun of ice skating and why there also many couples doings this in the world of the living but he didn't regret not learning it until now because he probably wouldn't have appreciated it the same way as he does now. He continued to skate along Sayuri 'So, my dear teacher are you going to teach me anything more complex or should we keep it like this for now? I mean I don't think pirouettes are my style and stuff but I might as well learn everything I can so that next time you may have a worthy rival.'

• Like 1

She though a moment as she watched him skating.  It took me a few years to really be good at skating and I still am not very good, but then again I guess it all depends on your definition of good, right? She giggled before continuing.  I used to come home crying so much, Nana began telling me it was my fault for playing on the pond so much in the first place. Nana taught me the basics, but after awhile she just let me go on my own and I began to teach myself quite a bit from trial and error, heavy on the error. I'd run out to skate on the pond any chance I could.  It's one of my favorite things about winter and has been since I have been able to skate. I don't think there is too much else for now. You need to get the basic down before trying too much more. Actually, I haven't skated in so long, my ankles are feeling it. I think I'm done for a bit. Sayuri slowed herself down and then stopped before carefully heading off the ice to where her boots were at. Sitting down on the stump, she unlaced her skates and put her boots back on. After how long she had been skating, she figured she would feel a bit off balance being back to real shoes. Realizing she hadn't actually told Meta how to stop she froze for a second. Uh oh....   Yuppers! Big Uh Oh! Hehe! She could hear her zanpakuto giggling away at her forgetfulness. With a sigh, she ignored the childish laughter filling her inner world and most of her thoughts before sitting back up, with her boots on snugly and smiled at Meta. You don't need me to help you figure out how to stop, right? She closed her eyes, tilting her head to the side slightly  and gave him a big innocent smile accompanied with a soft, light-hearted giggle.

• Like 2

While still focusing on skating he listened to Sayuri's story and smiled. He imagined a little Sayuri running to the pond and happily skating around and laughed 'Many tears were shed to get you to this point and you still say you aren't good? I think you are great at it. You don't need to be on a professional level but I've seen enough to think you are good. Besides, compared to me you are so good at so many things. Honestly, I'm only good at a few things. When I was young I didn't cry like you but I was quick to be frustrated over failing at things. Now that I'm more patient I'm more willing to learn things like this because I know the only way to get good at something is practice.' Sayuri then stopped skating and took a break at the stump which meant it was a good time to stop for now. The question was how? She asked him if he needed help but before he could answer he slowed down and at the edge of the pond fell right into the snow 'The walk of shame awaits you.' Metabee raised his head which was now covered in snow and answered his Zanpakuto 'You're dead to me' and then grinned at Sayuri 'Nailed it!' He quickly got up and sat down on the ground beside the stump Sayuri was sitting on to change his shoes. There was only space for one on the stump and the ground was cold so his butt was freezing. It was then that an idea came to mind. He was pretty sure she wouldn't expect it. Metabee raised himself pretending to get up but his aim was different. He then lunged at Sayuri to push her off the stump and make them both land in the snow. If he was successful he would quickly raise his body and stay on all fours. Seeing her blonde hair all covered in snow made him laugh and say 'Love you!' This time he knew he wouldn't get away easily with this but it was so worth it. 

• Like 2

Her eyes went wide as she watched Meta attempt to stop and get off only to land in the snow. She quickly covered her mouth trying not to laugh at him. But seeing his grin and his comment she broke into laughter and decided to applaud him. A for effort.  Though she definitely had not expect what had come next. Before she had figured out what had happened, she could feel the cold wet snow beneath her soaking into her clothes as it started to melt on her warm skin. COLD!!! She scrambled to her feet and a way from Meta before trying to brush off all the snow she could. She playful turned away from him crossing her arms with a pout. That wasn't very nice. It was then she noticed the over hanging branch weighing heavy with snow just above Meta's head. She had an idea. It was devious, yes, and probably a terrible use of Kido, but if it worked it would so be worth it. All she had to do with hit the branch with enough force that it would shake and drop all the snow on Meta. It would be fair enough pay back it and would probably warrant some sort of counter measure on his part. She pointed her finger at the base of the branch still facing away from him, attempting to not show him what she was doing, and muttered the words she needed to. Hado number 1 Sho. As soon as the kido spell hit her target, she started running back towards the barracks. Only peaking over her shoulder once out of curiosity to see if her trick had work, she continued to sprint back to the barracks hoping for a warn and dry change of clothes and that there was still some of the hot chocolate mix left some where in the kitchen cupboards.

• Like 2

Metabee laughed at her reaction of getting pushed into the snow 'Well, it wasn't meant to be nice' he said while still laughing. However, Sayuri was very quick to deal retribution as she used Kido on a branch full of snow to make it fall on him who was still on all fours. It was like a mini avalanche! This time even more snow went behind his collar than before and by the time he looked up she was already gone. He sat down on the snow and crossed his arms only to let out a very loud sneeze. Catching up to her now would be hard and pointless without a plan but now that she probably returned to the barracks it limited the things he could do. Nothing came to mind though so he decided to give up. Once again he sneezed and sighed 'Why do I always get the short end of the stick?' Metabee got up and started heading back to the barracks as quickly as he could. After arriving, he went to his room and took of his clothes to dry himself and finally got some dry clothes. It would be pretty surprising if he wouldn't become ill in a few days from this. Now, that he was in dry clothes he headed to the kitchen to make himself something warm. He poured water in the kettle and turned it on and stood there with his arms crossed. Sayuri wasn't in the kitchen but she would probably want something hot to drink as well. Thinking about all the things in the kitchen he had a slight idea.

Edited by metabee
  • Like 1

After returning, Sayuri had slipped into a pair of sweat pants and a tee-shirt. After all, she was done with work for the day and would just be spending what was left of the day around the barracks.  She then began to dry her hair as to make sure she wouldn't get sick from it being wet and cold for so long. With it finally dry, she quickly tied it up in an loose bun and out to the kitchen in hope of some hot chocolate.  Upon entering the kitchen, she smiled at Meta, before she started to hunt around the kitchen for the hot chocolate mix. Upon finding it, her mind went to hot chocolate and donuts. Why did she have to have such a sweet tooth? Upon placing the hot chocolate mix on the counter, she began digging in the fridge for the roll of ready cook biscuits she had bought earlier that week. She placed then on the counter before pulling out the fried. I'm making donut holes to go with hot chocolate, do you want any? She slowly began ripping up the pre-made biscuit batter and dropping the chunks in the fryer, adding more if he wanted some as well. She then wrapped up the rest of the batter and placed it back in the fridge for later use, after returning to the fryer to flip and then take out the donut holes when they were ready.

• Like 2

After a moment had passed Sayuri walked in and smiled at him before starting doing her thing. He suspiciously stared at what she was doing as she got out hot chocolate and then biscuits. Since she was making stuff he didn't want to ruin her mood so it looked like the master plan will have to be called off which means she won...just like always. Sayuri asked him if he wanted some donut holes and he grinned 'Oh, I don't know. You might still be planning something. Sure, I'll have some.' By that time the kettle turned off after boiling the water so he got out his cup and started making tea. He didn't have anything against hot chocolate but having a tea during a chilly winter evening was one of the things he loved doing. Besides, since the water is boiled might as well use it, right? Once that was done he took a small sip and looked at Sayuri 'So, did you have fun? And do you need help with anything?' For now he had nothing to do and going back to work didn't look like an option for the both of them so the only thing left to do was to relax. It was calm moments like this that really made him appreciate all that he had since he treasured things like this the most. That is why he wished for these peaceful times forever and didn't want to see his squad sad again.

• Like 1

With the donut holes ready, Sayuri pulled them out of the fryer and carefully dried the extra oil off of them. Taking a bit of sugar, she sprinkled it over then and then nodded as they were to how she wanted them.  Mhm. Today was great! Sure, she would have to do the work she put off today, tomorrow, but it had been worth it. It was nice to have a time to just relax and have fun. But now, it was time for a nice relaxing snack to go with the day. She walked over to the kettle was a bit of a bounce in her step. Seeing enough for a cup, she pulled out a mug for herself, measured the right amount of hot chocolate powder into it and then added in the hot water from the kettle, finally stirring it until smooth. It was then she notice, she had forgotten all about the marshmallows.  She pouted at the cup before digging around the kitchen until she found the mini marshmallows and threw a few into her cup. Happy with her drink, she carried over her drink and moved the plate of sugar coated donut holes were she and Meta could reach them. Taking one in her hand, she held it up to him. Here try one!

OOC: I've never had/really heard of hot chocolate from anything but hot water so that post threw me off for a bit for a minute or two.  :lol:

• Like 2

Metabee stood at the side while Sayuri continued to make the donut holes 'Yup, it was. Next time maybe I can teach you something?' She then made herself hot chocolate and brought over the donut holes for both of them. They looked pretty good and without a doubt they must of tasted good too. He reached out for one and took a bite 'It's great.' Sayuri was an awesome cook so there was never a time that something she made tasted bad. The squad members loved her cooking and always looked forward to it just like he did. She always made something different and always had ideas what to do. This lead to him trying so many new foods and snacks over the past few months. Some he liked more than others and there were still things that both of them disliked. He then took another donut hole after he finished the first one. They weren't too sweet so it was just right compared to the ones from the store which he found way too sweet. This just showed homemade was always better even though he was really bad at making sweets as he could never get the amounts right so it always ended up tasting a bit off or too sweet. Metabee sipped his tea and looked at Sayuri 'So, are you hiding any other snacks I should know about?' he asked playfully.

OOC: I can say the same about putting marshmallows in hot chocolate :P

• Like 1

She nodded to his comment. Sure, I'd love to learn anything you want to teach me.  She then popped a doughnut hole in her mouth and quickly responding to his question in a playful tone. Me? Hide snacks? Now, where would you come up with an idea like that? She smiled happily at him. Now if there was a specific thing you were thinking of, I'm sure I might be able to find something round here.

Metabee listened to her responses 'What do you want to learn is the question? Right now I can't think of anything specific so I'm open to suggestions.' He then grinned at her teasingly 'Well, you know. A crazy cook with a head full of recipes always has tricks up her sleeves. There must be a few hidden snacks that no one knows about. Look me in the eyes and if you can't keep a straight face all shall be revealed!' He said so and bent over a bit to match her height to look into her in the eyes for any reactions. Since they were teasing each other he knew she wouldn't be able to keep a straight face 'Even if you are hiding something we both know it definitely wouldn't be in the higher cupboards, right?' Metabee then stood up straight and ate a donut hole 'I wasn't thinking of anything specific. This is enough for one evening.'

• Like 3

When he asked about learning, she shrugged. I dunno, but I'm sure there will be something, probably more fighting related to be honest. You are a lot better fighter than me. She shook her head with a smile as he called her a crazy cook. She responded in attempt to keep a straight face, but could not help but smile. Crazy cook am I? She giggled softly. I shall never reveal my secrets! And then came his comment about the higher cupboards, her eyes narrowed. Oh, he went there. With a smirk she grabbed a doughnut hole and shoved it into his mouth, before heading over to the refrigerator and pulling out a can of whipped cream and spraying a bit on her finger before sticking the finger in her mouth like she used to do when she was younger. Well it used to be her whole hand covered with the stuff that she ended up licking clean in her childhood then but you get the picture. Then in a split second she hand an idea, the mischievous plot gleaned in her eyes with a smile to match. She decided to spray her entire hand with whipped cream. She wasn't sure what it was about today, but she was definitely out to cause trouble. Then again he was teasing her just was well. She walked over to Meta acting as though she was going to eat the palm full of spray whipped cream only to reach up and wipe the entire handful on his face.

• Like 3