ChaosKaiz

Orp Suggestions

First and foremost I would like to issue a warning that I hope everyone will heed.

This Topic is only for suggestions to the Moderator Team. There should not be any discussions in this thread for any reason between members. Any suggestions made by the members will be discussed and a decision shall be reached whether the suggestion is of any merit and worthy of being implemented or not. Once a decision is made a Mod will reply to the suggestion relaying the decision of whether the Suggestion holds merit and thus might be implemented or it does not hold any merit and is disregarded. When a mod replies they will relay a

reason behind the decision. If you wish to discuss the matter in deeper detail then a Message should be sent to all Mods.

That Being said, you know what the purpose of this topic is so go wild.

So, it’s been a while since I made a suggestion. Thankfully for everyone else, it’s short and simple. 

As you get higher into the ranks it becomes easier and easier to max out the WC bank due to growth limitations and it causes a drop in activity. To prevent people from avoiding posts because it would waste WC and effort you could have the WC bank be a max of 10,000-15,000 and have the option to cash in like 10,000 towards a fate point or maybe some other bonus of some sort. 

That’s all there is to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kumo said:

So, it’s been a while since I made a suggestion. Thankfully for everyone else, it’s short and simple. 

As you get higher into the ranks it becomes easier and easier to max out the WC bank due to growth limitations and it causes a drop in activity. To prevent people from avoiding posts because it would waste WC and effort you could have the WC bank be a max of 10,000-15,000 and have the option to cash in like 10,000 towards a fate point or maybe some other bonus of some sort. 

I don't think we ever want to go back to Capping, WC. We pretty much agree that players shouldn't be punished by having their their extra work go to waste. That's be said. Allowing one's banked WC to be used as a special currency towards purchasing Fate Points or what have you does seem like an interesting idea with a lot of potential. I'll run it over with the others. (y)

• Like 1

Suggestion for New Stat. NATURAL DEFENSE or "ND" + Defensive Combat Options

Currently, A character's options for dealing with an opponents attack are to either EVADE (most straight-forward method) or Block (not so straight-forward apparently.) Here is quick suggestion to providing some clarity across the board, as will as adding hopefully making everything fair.

EVADING: The act of simply dodging an incoming attack. Is an option when you have the appropriate Speed and Perception. [Nothing New Here]

CLASHING/BLOCKING: The act of meeting an incoming attack with an attack of your own with either of your Damaging Stats Strength or Reiryoku. If your attack is of equal or greater power than the incoming attack they will cancel each other out. This accounts for using any form of attack or technique. You of course still need the appropriate Speed and Perception to be able to perform this successfully. 

BLOCKING WITH SHIELDS: If you have a Shield Technique. It will be able to BLOCK incoming attacks

NATURAL DEFENSE: BASED ON 5% of Your Character's Reiatsu. [EDIT: 8% Tank Class | 6.5 Tank Sub-Class] Covers any other form of dealing with any attack. If you are unable to EVADE or CLASH/BLOCK the attack, you may Partially EVADE, take the hit, or even partially CLASH/BLOCK. In the end the damage value of that attack will be taken from your NATURAL DEFENSE in one of 2 ways for each category:

Evade: Should your speed be SUPERIOR or can otherwise fully dodge the incoming attack costs 0 ND

Partial Evade: If you can’t fully dodge the attack lose ND equal to difference of their attack stat of the same type. Or 50 Nd whichever is greater.

Clashes: Attack stat versus opposing attack stat. The loser in said clash subtracts 50 ND, or 100 If attacker is brute/genius

Blocks: Str vs Str or Rei vs Rei [Unless using shielding technique] If lower than attacker subtract lower stat from the higher and apply that X2 to ND damage.

Soaking: This is when you choose to, or can’t feasibly do anything but take the attack without any of the above OPTIONS. This can be potentially life threatening based on stat differences of their attack versus yours of the same type. Results in x2 FULL Nd damage 

60+ Your prowess far exceeds theirs, allowing for epic feats such as “flexing” muscles and reiryoku to absorb the incoming attack.

40+ These are those moments when someone lets the attack strike them to simply deflect it the other direction, you aren’t really phased at this level so long as your ND can handle it. This is the area in which you see minor cuts and major bruises.

39+ through -39: It causes noticeable damage to the body in the forms of fractures or moderate cuts, blunt force can feasibly cause organ damage depending on attacks landings. 

-40 or lower: These hits take a major toll on the body regardless of Nd levels. Your bones will break, and organs can be destroyed. At this level attacks to the head or heart regardless of ND could potentially result in death. 

-60 or lower: If they hit a vital area you are either dead or in danger of quickly bleeding out l. if you don’t have the stamina to take these kind of hits you’ll like pass out and be at the enemy’s disposal. Feats at this point are severed/crushed limbs. Projectiles would completely pierce the body etc.

WHEN YOUR NATURAL DEFENSE REACHES ZERO: You will have no option but to fully Evade or CLASH/BLOCK incoming attacks. If you cannot it is possible to be fatally wounded by an attack far weaker than your own. In other words, "Yes, you can get YEETed by a 60 Reiryoku Cero" once your Natural Defense has fizzled out. It basically becomes a question of where the attack lands.

*Before anyone asks or tries it (Kumo... Star... Myself  (T⌓T) ): NO, you CANNOT in any way shape or form have an Ability or Technique that alters, modifies, tickles, fondles, or tampers with how the Natural Defense is calculated or its functions or how attacks function on it. (No by-passing Natural Defense, this is mainly at me, but I know if I thought it Star was gonna think it too.)

*Another Note: If you're in a battle and your ND runs down to a point where you have a little left, but it ain't enough to take the next attack, that attack will eat up what's left and it still has the potential to kill you.

*Another Note #2: ND Stat is affected by Release in the following ways; MAIN RELEASES ONLY:

First Releases: 500 ND

Second Releases: 1000 ND (Doesn't stack. If you go into Shikai you get 500. If you following up by using Bankai you get just another 500)

EXAMPLE:

Spoiler

Two Players with 80K.

One Is Genius. One Is Brute. 150 In each their Primary Stats. 50 In the opposite Damage Stat. All the stats are equal at 80.

They will both have: 4,000 NATURAL DEFENSE.

If the Brute Attacks With his Strength. It will cost the Genius 300 ND (150 x2) to deal with. And Vice-versa.

If the manages to completely dominate the Genius. The battle could be over in 4-5 turns. Now this means that from here on out with this stat in place you wouldn't be able to actually KILL another character until you depleted all their ND or if they simply forfeit their life. Which I think is fine.

Let's have an open discussion about it here if you're interested: ORP SUGGESTIONS DISCUSSION

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 8:37 PM, Kumo said:

You should bring it up with Star. (y)

• Like 1