The Ghostly One

A Stand, In Other Words...

The heilig pfeil launched from behind his opponent successfully connected with a hiss as it burned through the Sternritter's hair and uniform, leaving the skin of her back exposed. The man in the gray coat saw as his opponent tumbled forth from the impact and dodged his first attack with a graceful maneuver as if she'd been trained in the Russian combat ballet or something. The Quincy commander then used her seele scheinder to cut off a length of her hair, as if she were a young kunoichi forced to do battle with her significantly less attractive rival. She delivered what she must have thought to be a badass line, but it confounded the attacker. He did not find combat or fighting to be fun, but to be a necessary evil that he had to take onto himself so that others did not. Someone who didn't feel the gravity of death was dangerous in his eyes, one thing he'd seen firsthand many times: death changes both the killer and the killed. As the woman absorbed the reishi particles of her hair, she put away one of her weapons; an odd choice in time of battle.

Taking advantage of the time his opponent spent speaking, the man in the gray coat would pull out a seele schneider of his own in his left hand and activate it, holding it in a reverse-grip position. Readying himself quickly, he charged forward in one quick dash; noticing but trying to ignore that floating orbs of reishi had filled the air all around the throne-room ruins. The man would make a horizontal slash with the seele schneider in his left hand and follow it up with a quick jab towards the face with the makeshift two-pointed shiv in his right.

ooc:

tohEeQA.jpg

• Like 2

His opponent using another reishi gust to dodge to the right, causing the arc of kido to launch into the distance. A quick dodge that had fulfilled its purpose as the orbs around him began to flow and collide together before forming into a large ring surrounding Anson as it began to spin. Other orbs around his position transformed into javelins before both the ring and the newly formed javelins came at him at once.

His blade hanging in the air as the kido left its edge. His eyes scanning the attacks, taking in their formation and the way they initially formed. In the instant after taking in the information, a golden disk of the kido enkosen rapidly formed at the tip of his sword. Slashing his sword to the right and upwards as it launched the disk into the javelins above as he rapidly created several more and launching them in rapid succession in different directions. The disks splitting through the moving javelins as they sliced through them, placing traces of the kidos energy within them and disrupting the balance of innate reishi and his opponents energy that had given them form. The disruption causing an imbalance in the bonds that ended explosively. Explosions erupted and engulfed the remaining javelins as the sky above and below Anson became filled by the flames and smoke from the blasts. The spinning disk closing in as Anson braced his sword against the side to stop it from shrinking. However it became to push him back moments later before he quickly flipped out of the center while keeping his sword inside to keep it under his control now; and in one fluid motion as he left the center, he would swing his sword and the ring with it to launch the spinning ring towards his Quincy opponent. As the ring launched, he began to wonder if he should release his shikai.

• Like 1

“You always have a plan for something.†Oliver mutters, amused at the resilience of his opponent. “Im the Grand Master of the Quincy, my attacks are strong and fast. And so for you to be able to think so quickly of ways to counter what I throw at you, and output enough power to do so, you must be a Captain.. or well respected in the Gotei 13 at the least.â€

He watches multiple golden rings counter his javelin like rods of Reshi, some still whole as they fly out in random directions. One soars towards the substitute monarch who’s hands begin to glow a bright blue, “Harden.†He commands as a failsafe. Oliver raises his arms in order to guard his upper body as he side steps and the ring of kido misses him. A few others fly above and below him but none the less he uses this temporary time to begin absorbing power from the hundreds of snow flurries in constant rotation around and within the battlefield while re absorbing many orbs far off in the distance behind them. “No reason for them to sit there and be useless.†He thinks.

Lastly, to conclude the barrage of counters and dodges, the robed assassin sends Oliver’s own attack towards him, the spinning ring still circling inward, withering away to nothing at a constant rate before Oliver simply wills it to no longer exist and be reabsorbed into the small cream blue clouds around his hands. He looks to his opponent. “I harbor nothing but hatred for you, you have killed the only one I could truly refer to as a friend. However, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’ve been enjoying this fight. It’s been quite a long time since any opponent has shown such skill against me.†The cloud over his right hand begins to intensify in color as he steps forward, “You’ve drawn your sword.†The Grand Master states. “And considering that so far it seems your skill in close range combat has been able to counter my ranged attacks, id say its time to close the space between us. But I will let you know something, most to all Quincy are trained n the art of long ranged combat but my father had trained me in the art of sword play instead, for this was a time when our armies were locked in a war struggle and he felt that my main enemy would undoubtedly be Shinigami soldiers. And I’m glad he did this, for the nature of my power enabled me to be fantastic in long ranged combat from the start without compromising how well I may do in closer ranged battles. “ Finally, his trade mark saber once again materializes in his hand, the blade of it gleaming in the light of the moon as it comes into being. “Do you know what makes my weapon so special?†he asks his opponent, “The fact that I will it into being my absorbing and outputting reshi means that I can constantly put more power into it that I absorb, Its limitless and I’ve watched the landscape die beneath it.†And with that, he simply vanishes from sight, reappearing behind the hooded Shinigami, “Will you guess at how much power ive put into it already and block.. or will you dodge.†The grand Master wonders as he swing his sword downward, reinforcing it with his own physical strength.

OOC- forgot to mention, that the power of my blade is dependent on how much I absorb and put into it, it can indeed reach extremely large heights but won’t stay there

Like say I get it to where it can, crush a rock with the pulse of energy following the swing, ti wont stay there as with each swing it loses a little more power for im using the power I put into it to amplify it.

Edited by Senmaru Hoshino

Not paying much attention to the results of the attack, he instead focused on his next move as that disk was never meant to do much other than be a simple distraction. The smoke covering his area, Anson slowed his breathing as he channeled his energy into the blade of his sword. This back and forth of ranged attacks were beginning to get boring and he wanted to change that now. The black smoke of the explosions had begun to blow away in the wind as his eyes got a lock on his opponent. The quincy was going on about his fathers training, the story while giving a different look on their training, wasn't really anything surprising. It would be stupid to think all quincy only ever fought at range, that fighting style had far too many holes in it.

The notion of his opponents weapon being capable of limitless power made him scoff before he quickly turned and raised his sword to defend against the downward slash that was most likely attempted to be a surprise hit, but most people went for the back strike as an opener, it was predictable. Raising his sword arm and sword with it at a steep angle. The angle working as such that when the blades collided, it was more of a “soft†impact as opposed to a full out collision that would stop the attacking blade in its tracks. This blocking angle was more gentler as instead of stopping both blades, the quincy saber would instead strike but slide down the length of Ansons blade, this would work to offset much of the force he would have needed in order to fully defend himself and would send much of the force behind the strike away from his sword. While at the same time the power channeled into his blade would erupt caused by the striking of the swords. Flames instantly appearing behind the blade, the force from the power erupting out of the back forcing the blade towards the torso of the quincy. The blast of flames erupting slightly by Ansons shoulder, causing the robe that covered it to sizzle as the heat went by. The result would be an incredibly fast swing that moved quicker than Anson himself was capable of. Thankfully it was only enough energy for that incredibly quick swing, so that it wouldn't lose control of the sword and having it go flying off into the distance.

OOC: Used my Scorching fist but instead put it into the blade to propel it.

• Like 1

Extensive.

That word alone could describe Oliver knowledge in sword play and despite his explanation of this he knew for a fact that his enemy may very well under estimate just how knowledgeable of the topic the Grand Master Quincy was. He fully expected a block, barely expected a dodge, slightly expected a parry and half expected a sword play move such as misdirection, he was counting on his opponents reaction being a block, or a misdirection tactic.

Their blades meet, glossy sheen to glossy sheen as Oliver’s Saber begins to slide down the Shinigami’s Zanpakuto. Flames begin to erupt behind his adversaries weapon , propelling it forth. “I will gamble my life on this attack..†He thinks softly in his head, his mind with his Queen briefly. “I didn’t want her to pick me because I wanted to fulfill my training..†His minds voice whispers, “I wanted her to pick me because I knew, with my power.. I could keep her safe.†He manipulates a current under him to carry him the direction in which his blade was sliding, a slanted angle going downwards in order to miss the blow but none the less.. it was such a far shot. The small area around the two men locked in a blood struggle erupts slightly from the force the two beings emit. The slight shockwave finally breaking the tie concealing all of the Quicnies long blackish hair as he continues down, the blade missing him but the flames singing his uniform and reddening the skin of his shoulder, his eyes widen briefly as he realizes he is alive! “Now’s my chance!†His conscious screams at him as he reabsorbs his saber and many orbs in the distance into his hand as fast as he possibly could, his body now turning towards his target. Oliver’s head was eye level to the robed Shinigami’s stomach he extends his left arm. His gleaming green eyes brighten with the intense hatred now coursing through him, her voice splashing through his head,

“We’ll always be friends, don’t worry.â€

The cloud with in his left hand begins to glow brighter and brighter, forming a long spear. He grips it tight, the end of this new formed weapon glowing a brighter hue of powder blue than the rest of it as he bends his knees and turns almost fully..

“Those bruises.. and those scars aren’t your fault Oliver.â€

He begins to thrust the spear towards his opponents left side, the heart specifically, and where his hand was to injured to aid In the opposition of this.. and the man’s Zanpakuto was already extended and considering their obviously matched speed, what could it do?

“They don’t define who you are.. ..â€

He cries out a yell as he manipulates one more current to propel him to his target as fast as he could, the whites of his clothes almost leaving a gray trail behind him as if he truly were a shooting star.

The orbs to the shinigami’s right begin to glow in preparation.

Oliver yelling out louder as the spear is almost going to make contact, he reinforces it with his own rieryoku.. amplifying its power even more..

OOC- I hadn’t explained much in the post for the sake of theatrics so ill explain it all here

Olivder had basically calculated what results could come from his bait attack, he decided risks were needed and took the gamble of moving down past the blade, a strategy that could have gotten him decapitated and missed so narrowly that the flames has caught him. Now, his head eye level with Ansons stomach, hes, lets say three feet away realistically

He forms the spear in his hand, the end glowing brighter has a reason that will remain a surprise until the next post , he then thrusts it at Ansons left side knowing that the Shini’s hand is to injured from the explosion to do anything really, and the blade is not close enough to body ( considering it is like mid to just ending and attack at this point )

And orbs by Anson begin glowing for use.

The spear tip is extremely close to you from the start, and he uses hiren to even speed up that already quick process,

Edited by Senmaru Hoshino
  • Like 1

A quick maneuver had saved the mans life as he used the old trick of speed the Quincy liked to employ. The impact of their blades causing a shockwave to ring out around them both, Anson's mind already racing ahead for scenarios to use. The saber vanishing as orbs in the surrounding area began to vanish at a heightened rate, Anson quickly twisted his zanpapkuto around so the blade was now pointing downwards as at the same time he drove it downwards. He had done this in the time his opponent removed his own weapon and absorbed the orbs as a new weapon formed. With a spear he would still need to get close to even use it effectively.

With his own sword now quickly descending and his opponent having rushed him, his zanpakuto would now be aimed at the mans back. Anson's body now acted on instinct as his damaged left hand reached out as he saw the first hints of the old Quincy propelling technique. His hand gripping the tip of the spear as he used his own speed propellant to move his body out of the way at the same time. As he gripped the tip, his ability instantly kicked in as it used his own reiryoku and all the power within the spear to explode outwards along the length of the weapon. The ability kicked a great portion of the explosive power away from himself but he would still have some effects that he could not foresee at the moment. The eruption blowing outwards mostly away from himself as portions of the blast fired to the left and right of the two men destroying all orbs in the vicinity as other portions of the blast blew towards the Quincy himself as it ran down the length of the spear near instantaneously. Anson himself had his already damaged hand further damaged from the explosion, his sleeve burnt away leaving his left arm red from the heat with burn marks along its length.

His opponent would surely take the brunt of the damage but there were no guarantees in fights like these, so he would need to wait to see the results. Using shunpo to reach the snowy ground below, some snow lifting up around him as he landed. His reiryoku seeping out around his feet just in case he needed to use it.

OOC:

Used my butterfly power, you already know what it does.

I'm sick and tired, so this is what I got for now since honestly, I can't properly focus on it; but I kept you waiting long enough already. Any questions then you know how to reach me. Feet thing will be shown if it comes to it.

• Like 2

Seigleind would quickly take a step barely missing the sele Snider as it grazed her uniform exploding some skin below her left breast, she would jump back as he made the jabbing motion at her with his makeshift shank. She's quickly do something she hadn't done in years hopefully her aim was still true.

She would quickly materialize a bow of reishi and loading the sele Snider charging it with reishi she would then fire it at her attackers chest. Her greatest asset was temporarily gone she felt so naked

"Why you trying to prison shank me?leave my sexy ass face alone!". She declared seriously tired of his attempts to blind her or hurt her face

Ooc: sorry I forgot about this thread :( :( :( :(

• Like 1

And so the climax of act one begins. The Grand Master Quincy had assumed his opponents hand was in bad enough condition that it could not be used to redirect his spear. But quickly he found that he was wrong. He watches the Shinigami grab the spear and direct the end away from him.. “Why would you do that.. explosions splash..” Oliver thinks to himself.
But he has no time to wonder, he had to brace for any attacks that this formidable opponent could now deliver. Still, he stares at the man a moment longer, the way he grabbed that spear reminded him of something his father had once told him.

A blur of strikes and blocks as the young Oliver C Yin rushes relentlessly at his father through the autumn leaves, today’s lesson? Hand to hand combat. The boy throws various punch combinations before his father grabs his wrist, and redirects it from his body. “You need to move faster!” He urges throwing his leg into the boys side, sending him stumbling to the left until he falls to his knee. Oliver looks up at him, determination never leaving his sharp green eyes. “Im not using my Hirenkyaku yet.” He states. “Im not using any form of Reishi to attack you.. not yet.”
The aged Quincy Captain shakes his head and takes a few steps forward, stopping just in front of his child, “Everyone has their limits.” He begins, “And when you reach those limits you need to go beyond them. I feel it disgraceful that I should have to tell you such a common knowledge principal Oliver. If you cannot fight me with your physical prowess alone, you must take other measures to defeat me, in other words………

“Stop holding back.” The Grand Master quotes his father. The explosion of blue erupting just as the Quincy fires off his own along with a slash from his Zanpakuto. The orbs in his immediate vicinity blown away. “So its like that is it?” He mutters as the golden flames and barrage of kido energy begin to travel towards him. “No more half measures,”
His hands gleam a more intensive, bright blue as if running faster and cleaner. There seemed to be a more vibrant feel to the power he wielded as the explosion from his spear, without stopping begins to flow backward as if in reverse. The flames from the kido based attack glow a teal shade before speeding towards the same destination as the spears explosion, all In the purpose of forming a protective egg around their wielder to take the kido explosion and Zanpakuto strike. The remaining orbs on the battle field begin reabsorbed as once acting as repair to the cracks that would continuously form I nthe egg like barrier against the power o the kido.
Suspended in the sky seemed to be an orb of flame before blue light begins to seep from beneath it and finally the orange and gold wither away. Oliver’s eyes scan the surroundings to locate his enemy before he finds the man standing in the snow covered fields below them.

“I cannot fight you with the half stage of my power any more. The fact that you have not only survived it, but have matched it makes you a credit to your race. Ive only met one other Shinigami personally with the power to do this.” He thinks back to the first great war briefly before continuing his explanation. “This.” He says holding up one brilliantly glowing hand, “This is the strongest form of my abilities. As you know, a Quincy has the natural ability to absorb Reishi and combine it with their Reiryaku to form weapons, they may also manipulate reishi using their Rieryaku. However, I am different in those regards. Other Stern Ritter have unique and bizarre powers but mine is simple.. yet very useful. A more advanced and in depth way of doing what Quincy do best. I can intake more reishi faster and do so without using my Reiryaku.. which is what you have been experiencing.. however, I am using my own Reiryaku now. So you can imagine how much faster my absorption will increase, and how potent it will all be.”
The clouds around his hands begin to swirl and glow even brighter. “Logically, if we were so evenly matched  in our practical base forms.. I may get to see what your mysterious Shikai is after all.”
Suddenly, his fists unclench and beside them form to large, almost lighting shaped projectiles that fly downward but are not aimed for the shinigami. Instead the slam into the ground, sending clouds of snow into the air some meters away from the hooded assassin. Large cracks splinter across the hard stone making up the earth of this realm. The snow flurries within the air turn blue but hold their form and shape, rushing towards the point of attack the dive into the snow. “Lift.” The grand Master Quincy commands as he raises his hands. The ground rumbles a moment as two building sized chunks of stone are lifted from their icy prison.
Olivers hand swirls and flutters In the breeze as one of the massive mounds of rock fly towards the shinigami with record speed, upon impact it would violently crash into the ground where the killer of the queen either was.. or had been standing. And thus, the chain reaction begins. The dozens of large and small rocks produced from the incredibly large impact shine blue, taking on the forms of javelins and shooting chaotically all over the place barely leaving any space untouched around them, this of course being to impale them an were he not crushed to death. The large stone raises again, the multiple shards of Reishi below it still carrying it upon their backs before allowing it to simply drop. And with an enormous thud, it strikes the ground motionless. The second identical mass of rock simply glistens in teals and turns to pure energy that flows free and fast into the clouds of the Quincies hand. At this point there were millions of techniques he could do, thousands of things to try, with that amount of reishi in his bank and his weapon being his surroundings with unrestricted access.. he smiles briefly. “The battlefield, is mine.”

OOC- got rid of the rest of the orbs, the technique was very new so I apologize if I had kept them around for a rather OP'd amount of time

The man in the gray coat's slash grazing the sternritter, another wound was carved below her left breast. She moved back intuitively, escaping the reach of the man's jab and responding in kind with her own attack. Manifesting a Quincy Heilig Bogen, she would launch her reishi-charged Seele Schneider as the arrow it truly was. In this quickly-paced exchange of attacks, the man had little time to think without acting. She had launched a single, straightforward arrow, and he was still moving forward in control of his movements; as she had not interrupted them nor tried to distract him. He was in a very advantageous position; one where he could easily dodge or try to block. Dodging or blocking, however, would impede his movement enough for the sternritter to capitalize on his momentary distraction. Without even thinking so deeply, the man made his move to continue forth and attempt to capitalize on his opponent's attack. 

Spoiler

In the snowy air, with the battle of two other powerful beings around them; it seemed to the man as if everything was moving very slowly as he brought back his left fist. The reishi that composed the blade of his Seele Schneider broke down during the movement, joining other reishi around his fist as it began to burst around rapidly like an uncontrollable white flame. The handle of the bladed arrow itself was even torn apart itself as its power was added to the inferno of violently vibrating reishi around the man in the gray coat's left fist. "I don't know why it chose people like you," Ringo Fiehr thought. Red vein-like markings would begin at his fingertips and crawl up his left arm as reishi in his bloodstream caused it to flow incredibly quickly, revealed as his sleeve up to the bicep was torn into reishi. The intense drawing in and vibrating of reishi emitted a loud hum from the bursting white flame around the man's hand that would sound like a low, echoing growl. His chest moved forward, tensing his muscles and loading his fist to be fired forward. His body moved and reacted as it did when he was training until at death's edge again and again; just as the unarmed man would punch the direwolves who came after him, his fist moved forward until it connected with the tip of the arrow. Reishi burst at the connection as the man pushed forward with his strength and heart put into the punch.

"...but my schrift chose me... because I gave it a reason to!"

The fired Seele Schneider's erupting energy burst apart into white light as it was compressed into the finished punch. "Heulen der Wölfe!", the man yelled. The Reishi, violently erupting was compressed and directed forward, setting off a chain reaction as the unstable spiritual particles caused the ones that were in front of them to continue exploding. Compressed by the man's power, the funneled explosion traveled forth from the man's fist unto its target, the woman's location. As the cannon-fire of white explosion that traveled from his fist and gained power moved at a near-instantaneous rate to the woman's location, it made a sound like the baying of wolves. At the end-point of its travel, the reishi that was no longer being compressed together was able to violently explode with all its fury, lighting up the snowing day in a blinding burst of light.

OOC: Abilities used: Heulen der Wölfe: Using his schrift, Ringo compresses reishi and brings it to a violent and unstable point on the brink of explosion. When launched forward, the explosion travels forth and gathers more power as the reishi before and around it is made unstable and joins it. At the end-point of its travel, all of the gathered unstable reishi finally explodes violently. 

Blut Arterie: The offensive form of Blut which grants the user inhuman attack power.

• Like 2

Seigleind eyes widened as reishi gathered upon his fist,luckily she was fully charged 'like hell your hitting me with that!' Seigleind wasn't gonna sit on her ass like she didn't know what dodging was. Seigleind shot her spirit energy into the ground activating her "almighty push" she would be rocketed for thousands of feet in the air were she would stabalelize herself in the air.Seigleind would look down at her shoe the bottom soul was singed but was quickly cooled by the frostbitten air. 'That little shit is trying to kill me!' She screamed internally.being this high up meant she was hidden in the clouds she could see all that was happening below.

"Men their all the same bloodthirsty savage meat heads" she sighed out now that her powers had returned she was more comfortable, at this vantage point if she was spotted it would take some time for them to reach her so she could catch her breath and think for a moment 'join the Reich they said!!, it'll be fine they said !!, you'll be heir to the fucking throne they said!!' 

Ooc: haku forget what I said I'll stay in this till this fight is done just give me a minute I'm very rusty gotta dust offmy thinking cap .t

Edited by Veirra C. Deblonk
  • Like 1

Hey look guys, i don't wanna pull the bitch card or nothing but,.. I'm gonna have to pull out of this thread soon i mean, its ben months you know. ive got other things id like ot do with olly

OOC: I say do whatever you want. It's been months and Vad hasn't posted. As for me, I don't know if I really have much time anymore and after all these years, I think I've finally given up on the urp community.

ooc> awe man i was gonna have Sama'el so up at some point

Ooc- bingo. But it's all good, just have to act sooner net time, though honestly I was hoping that you guys were gonna do the messy work for me  

Ooc- that's to easy. To make it more realistic it has to been a character with the strength of an RPer. 

He eyes the assassin so fiercely, he was finally using his power in a more serious manner but he knows that it could very well be matched by the shikai release of this man who was a credit to his race. “But..” he whispers, “Is this one life enough to compensate for what was taken from me on this day..?” A grimace befalls his face as his fists clench, “No.” He coldly says at an audible level.  His power begins to recoil back to his body as he stares at the shinigami before him, “I don’t care to hear your name.” He states blandly, when suddenly it all hit him.. his plan. Visions of every possible outcome soaring through his analytical mind and a smile creeps across his lips, “I want you.” He begins, “To find me, on the eve of the Holy Armageddon.. we ill settle our score then.”
Oliver raises his hand, “Oswald.” He calls out, prompting the quincy Guard to appear at his side, “My lord.” He replies with a bow, “Take this note.. you know exactly who to give it to, its time he and I had a meeting.” Oswald nods and rushes away. Blue flames begin to engulf the former Grand master turned possible Monarch, “I must find Seigland.”

His glossy green eyes fall upon the Shinigami one last time before he leaves the battle field.

“Soon”