The Ghostly One

A Stand, In Other Words...

At the foot of her throne stood Lenne Free, Queen of the Wandenreich. Her back was facing the throne while her head was held high, eyes locked on to the crystal chandelier. Many thoughts rushed through her mind, both good thoughts and the bad ones were present, too. It actually... made her feel a bit of sadness in her heart. Thinking back to the more peaceful and extremely interesting days of being an ordinary Sternritter, and back to the time when she was a simple Soldat trying to work up to the King's expectations. The old King of the Wandenreich before the Neo Reich, or the one who preceded Reese Schlereth and Lenne Free, herself. "I hope I've been an alright ruler in your eyes, King Major," she said quietly, inhaling a deep breath and holding it for a moment before exhaling. "I may not have been able to lead in your likeness, but believe it was a good plan. The unworthy have been found... Those who dare stray from the path set by the Wandenreich, the organization intent on living in a world not burdened by the wicked. I wonder if you can see the fire that they have started. I'm not sure if you are proud of them, or as disappointed in them as I."

"My Queen," a young Soldat man rushed to kneel before the Quincy leader. He bowed his head and placed a tightened fist over his heart. Silently clasping her hands behind her back, Queen Free gazed down upon the man with a somewhat interested eye. Sh gestured for him to go on with a nod. "E-Er... Well, the other soldiers and I have heard rumors of a certain plan you had in mind. Is it true that you-"

"Perhaps it is true, then what?" she interrupted, stepping down the several steps with a noble air about her person. He was beginning to tremble as she approached, but he stayed where he was as to not upset the queen. "I do have something in mind, but it may not be interpreted correctly by all of you, especially them..." The last word was strained, and Free stopped at the second to last step before glancing at the doors leading to the Grand Hall of the Southern Fortress. Sighing, Free turned back around and briefly touched the armrest of the throne with her fingers. "I don't think anyone, but myself, would ever understand my reasons for going with this particular decision. Well, perhaps those close to me. Anyway... do not hold me in high regards. There have been better. Now, go and tend to your duties with the others. You are to ready yourselves for the inevitable battle that is to come. Oh, and on your way out, please call for Oliver and Seigleind."

"Y-Yes, ma'am!" he saluted, and swiftly walked out of the Queen's throne room. Without turning to watch him leave, Free merely listened as the door creaked to a close. It was good to know that there were still those who had much respect for their superiors.

Pinching the edge of her hat, Free took in a heavy breath and lifted it off of her head, then held it firmly in her hands. "For a while now, I've been in the service of the Wandenreich," she began, staring at the Reich's emblem. Her icy touch played with the material for a moment before tossing it onto the throne. "Comradery doesn't seem to exist anymore, so why do I waste my time with those who do not believe in my power? They must think of me as undeserving, or something along those lines. Feh, and they believe it is a justified reason to exterminate. Who died and gave them the ability to judge so selfishly? This feels like a game of idiots rather than life."

Queen Free focused her icy blue eyes on the flags stationed around the large room. "Reese... I need to speak with you, right now," she said lowly, but felt that this call would be heard by her friend's ears.

• Like 2

"Your wrong."

The ever faithful voice of her follower since childhood calls out as he enters the room from the rear entrance.

"The selfish are not as capable of judging the outcome of a collision regarding the fate of either side as well as I am... And I would soon die before the likes of our subordinates would ever stain your holy aura with their unworthy hands."

He approaches her, pure heart break surrounding his glossy green eyes.

"You say comradery is dead.. But what of the first time we met in that winter drenched forest... The kindness you showed me that day ha never been shown to me by any other before and after that encounter.."

He states at her, his master, his Queen.. His only true friend.

"I have served you faithfully since the beginning and if you decide to stay I will once again draw crimson for you but know this.. I am not loyal to the Wandenreich in the ways I am loyal to you... If you leave I will be your company on the oath you choose to dwell whether you wish it or not."

• Like 2

Queen Free blinked her eyes once and looked over to Oliver with a faint smile. But, his words were just sugar-coating the truth. The "kindness" that she had shown to him back then was something that she felt needed to be done. At least it resulted in gaining a lifelong friend who would never stab her in the back. "I... Thank you, Oliver," she said, acknowledging his words. "But, I have little interest for keeping up with this current society. I think I'll have an... early retirement and spend my time on a journey to find a better place in the world. A grand adventure around the world, perhaps. You are welcome to join me, Seigleind as well. And, as for the throne. If you do choose to stay here, I'd like you to serve under Reese Schlereth. I'm handing the title of King to him... I trust that he'll get this pitiful organization back on its feet."

• Like 1

The Grand Master stays silent a moment ... This was a disaster. "You really are leaving us.." He said assuming his words would provoke her to stay, "Your Majesty please .. " he begins to formulate a plea before catching himself. He stares at her blankly a moment.. What could possibly say?

He was torn between the two most important fassets of his entire life, The Reich and his devotion to Free.

It takes him a moment but finally he rev he's a decision, "I know you." He says, "But I do not know this former king.. I will stay behind for a little bit.. To be sure our Reich is in good hands but know this , I swear to you that I will find you again my Queen."

• Like 1

Sitting atop the roof of the large palace, a testament to the power of the Quincy for being to keep a place like this existing. Anson sat cloaked in an old robe to protect his suit from the elements. The snow blowing around his form, cloaking his form in the white above the palace. Far from home and far as he knew all alone, he was quite excited, it was like a vacation. Unfortunately he came with a purpose to himself and was soon going to ruin his own fun. Forcing himself to his feet as he looked over the barren landscape; covered in snow and ruins, he wondered how many times this place had been attacked and somehow managed to remain standing. Were the attackers so weak as to not get that far, or did they simply give up and leave? That among other questions swirled in his mind but that was for another time. For now he came with an objective and he was determined to see it through regardless of the outcome that awaited him. Taking a deep breath, he let himself fall backwards towards the lower roof before seemingly phasing through the structure.

Passing through the roof and several floors before finally landing with a thud against the hard floor, cracks appearing where he landed. Standing upright and stretching slightly, he began his trek through the larges halls and corridors in search of his objective. Wandering the halls as he looked at the rather numerous flags to the Quincy symbol, he wondered just how vain these people were. There was after all an extent to the amount someone could show off their pride, this was just too much and would be one thing he removed when he was done with his business. Swinging open the doors to the great hall, he walked in as he saw those that already stood in the hall, one near the empty throne and one not so much. He could only assume the female who stood near the throne was the leader, or was until a shortly before his entrance. Making his way past the other unworthy man, he stepped past the female without a word until he turned and sat comfortably on the throne itself. Taking in the sights of the females body and the hall itself, he finally broke his silence. “Only a weak leader would attempt to so harshly pass the title back to one who has already forsaken it. If you no longer desire it, then I will claim it as my own before I dismantle this “empire†piece by piece.†The blue of his eyes piercing out from the darkness of his hood as they looked up at the old ruler of the Quincy, curious of how she would react.

OOC: Short but sweet

ZzP2xsD.gif

• Like 6

The resigning queen stared at Oliver for a moment, his words sinking in very deep. Thinking about what he was saying made her remember their past together as friends. That time before they joined the Wandenreich-- prior to when they made the oath to serve the king of Quincies. Those were special days... But, as much as it pained her to depart from the Wandenreich, she had no choice. There was something out there that she desired to achieve-- nothing would be getting in her way. "Oliver... I apologize for the inconvenience, but I have to," she said quietly, closing her eyes. No tears fell. The emotion of sadness never did seem to pick at her heart. Not that it bothered her one bit. Such a thing would just get in her way of reaching something important. "Perhaps we will meet again someday. It may not be very soon, but I'm sure that there is a chance of it. But-"

Before she could continue speaking, however, Free witnessed the abrupt entrance of an unknown man. She took her hat into her hands and put it back on with narrowed eyes, dismissing Oliver with a wave of her hand. No words escaped her mouth as the stranger passed by her and sat on the throne belonging to the ruler of the fortress and Reich. He was rather bold, in her opinion. To come in so casually and sit on her throne. And his way of speaking, it brought an uncertain feeling up. "A wise ruler hands the title to someone who is trusted and capable of raising a powerful army," she countered, turning to face the intruder. "Even if that someone is a former. Now, before I think about forcibly removing you from this border, share with me your name and your purpose for coming here. And, I will only resort to mild punishment for your trespassing, probably." Free opened her hand, summoning her Quincy weapon. The rapier that made sure her enemies had a miserable death. "If you refuse and stay any longer, then I will be rid of you."

Although it seemed incredibly stupid to threaten a potential enemy as she did now, she didn't pay any mind to the consequences. Heck, this very man could be the end of her. She knew nothing about him, yet she chose to go with pointing her weapon right at his nose and remain calm. It was daring of her. "Speak now."

OOC- This :3

a123.gif

• Like 2

OOC- in case anyone’s wondering the first half of her post was a reply to mien as Oliver had left before vads characters entrance, but I’m back now

Casually, they walk through the halls, Oliver C. Yin and Oswald J. Schroder. Grand Master and Soldat. Today was the day that had been weighing on the substitute monarchs mind for what seemed to be forever.. the day Free would be departing.

The grand Master stops at the foot of the hall leading towards the throne room. “Sir?†Oswald asks, nudging his commanding officers shoulder. “I’m ok.†He states . “It’s just going to be lonely when she leaves but, this isn’t good bye for her and I. People as close as us.. don’t stay apart for too long.â€

The Schroder Soldat smiles slightly before a crash can be heard in the throne room. The two Quincy look at each other. “Come on!†Oliver states as he sprints forth towards the large heavy door. “I’ll help move the lock!†Oswald shouts before the Grand Master fires a gleaming blue arrow from his palm, breaking the large metal lock in half, the metal chimes gently on the ground as the Yin Quincy bursts through the door.. keen eyes scanning the corners of the room before quickly realizing that the focal point was the direct center. He watches as Free draws her weapon and points it towards a new comer who was sitting in the throne. He lifts his right arm as his hand gleams blue for a brief moment and his reistu sword forms, the elegantly styled Firangi.. something he never brought out for just anyone. “To threaten the Queen.†He mutters in an angered tone before Oswald’s hand grasps his shoulder. “Easy sir.†He says in a concerned tone, “Shes the Queen, she has it handled.. dont do anything to rash.â€

Oliver nods slow, composing himself and ridding his hand of his weapon. He strolls to the Queen and her possible adversary. “What is going on?†He asks, standing a few feet behind her, “Are you alright?â€

• Like 1

Letting out a huff in amusement, he sat motionless as he listened to her words. While raising a valid point to the argument; it was meaningless in the end. By now the sounds of others running towards the hall had reached him, giving him the idea of if she would fight alone or order a group to fight for her. Either path would be entertaining but he was more interested in testing her power for the time being. Her quick action of bearing her fangs; so to speak by bringing her weapon to his face was already showing what he planned beforehand. Now it was time to escalate and enjoy the turnout. However, before he made any actions, his eyes glanced to the newcomer who had his own formed before removing it and coming up behind the female. Ignoring the questions that were obviously not intended for himself. Anson focused on the Queens words instead. “Trusted is perhaps the wrong term to use for one who has abandoned their empire and left it in the hands of another, but to each their own. As for my name, a dead woman has no use for my name. And my purpose here is simple: I came to kill you, your highness-â€

The instant the words had left his lips, he would in one swift and fluid movement use his left hand to quickly move the blade of the rapier away from his face; while in the same instance would quickly bring his right hand to her chest before instantly releasing his attack. Using the girls own inner energy, he would quickly use it to his own benefit; if successful would devastate herself and anything behind her as the resulting blast would erupt outwards behind her form.

Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique

Ability that uses the opponents own inner energy against them. Causing that energy to explode on itself and explosively erupt outwards from behind the target.

• Like 8

Free briefly glanced behind her as rushed footsteps caught her attention. Not only was it Oliver Yin who had returned, but he brought along one of the Soldat. A man who commonly went by Oswald. However, she would not be asking for their help in this matter. Whoever this man was, he had business with her only. But, she did not stop Oliver, who was anxious in knowing the meaning of this situation, from approaching the scene of action. "It's... nothing for you to be concerned over, Oliver," she said in a calm, but deceiving voice. She was worried about the potential danger this "guest" posed, but she didn't want those close to her getting involved. That is, she didn't want them having to deal with something that called for her attention directly. "Just stay back, and I will take care of everything."

Returning her attention to her visitor, Free frowned slightly. To kill her, he said. It wasn't much of a surprise, though. This man had gone through the trouble of slipping in through stealthy methods and gave off an unfriendly vibe the moment he appeared. Of course someone like that would want to kill her. But, if only she new of his abilities. The former was taken by surprise when he swiftly moved her blade away from him, which was a somewhat bad angle for her. She hardly had the time to register this move as he was already motioning to aim for her chest. Free's brows furrowed as she attempted to avoid his hand, but it still made contact with her left, upper arm. The shocking surge of pain in her left side made the young woman clench her teeth when a power on the explosive levels made contact with her arm. "Ack...!" she gasped under her breath, leaning heavily to her right. Jumping away, Free roughly landed on her feet, about 30 feet away from her attacker, and stabbed her sword into the ground for balance. "What... was that?"

Blood dripped down onto the light carpet as the female Quincy glared at her new enemy. The damage? Her left side was aching and bleeding slightly, but that was not the worst of it. This powerful blow was enough to blow off her left arm, nearly up to her shoulder-- the blown off part was mostly obliterated and on the ground elsewhere. An incredibly painful impact that had her worried for the future of this fortress and its residents. She hoped that Oliver had been able to escape it, but he was right behind her. It was possible that he got caught in the blast with everything behind her, or maybe he had found a way to get free. But, instead of focusing on the survival of her dear friend, Free shakily stood up and readied her rapier for another attack, if it was to come. She took in a sharp breath and tried calming her nerves, "I suppose we aren't going to negotiate... No matter."

The sharp edge of her rapier scraped the ground below her as she swung upward, creating a large, vertical arc of shredding ice and firing it at the man who nearly killed her. Whether it hit, or not. She had plenty of ways to retaliate despite missing one arm. "I'll destroy you," Free bit back the pain, not hesitating to act more aggressively.

Frostbitten Arc

This ability is where Free summons a curving line of ice to shred and freeze her opponents by swinging her rapier at their general direction. If avoided and the attack hits an object, in this case, a wall, then spikes at the length of five feet shoot out to try and impale the intended target.

• Like 4

"It's... nothing for you to be concerned over, Oliver,"

"Just stay back, and I will take care of everything."

“Those eyes..†Oliver thinks, as he catches a glimpse of the queens eyes while she briefly looks back to him and talks of how everything is fine. “I’ve known those eyes for a long time.. you can’t fool me…I see how uncertain they are.†With an expression of concern sorrow and anger all meshing together.. The Grand Master employs Hirenkyaku to leave his position and observe the battle from the side lines as ordered. He doesn’t even have time to touch the ground before he feels the Reistu around his being fluctuate followed by the loud thunderous break in the silence due to an attack. Oliver stops before reaching the target of his Hiren, “Her Majesty!†He cries out, voice bathed in an unmistakably pained sense of worriment, his dark green eyes locked on the large blast of energy flowing directly through the area in which he had just stood. He watches in horror as the Queen stains her uniform in crimson.. her arm practically gone. “I’ll destroy you.†She tells the cloaked enemy.

Olivers eyes widen and his body shakes under the might of his will power to not move.. to follow Her Majesties orders. “What do we do..†Oswald speaks to him in a hushed tone as he appears beside his commander.

Olivers clenched fists shake for a moment longer before slowly coming to a rest. “There is nothing we can do…†He states, his voice flat and calm to an uncomfortable extent. “He had challenged her to an honors match to decide the holder of Monarch title. Had she not accepted and he attacked then I could retaliate, but she did accept.â€

He looks to the young Soldat, “Should she die.. that man will become King in her place.â€

The very words poisoned his lips. “And you just okay with that?†The Schroder Quincy asks in pure shock.

Oliver’s mind races through brief memories of he and Lenne in that snow drenched forest that made up the majority of their youth.. their lived had been intertwined for so long.. he thinks of the way she had smiled in that snow. Even before knowing what her ability was she truly had been in her element.

The grand Masters face turns expressionless and cold. “Of course id be…. fine with that.†He lies. “I am The Grand Master…â€

OOC- Considering that my character is now watching the fight, just kip me in the turn order for now and ill post as him again towards the end, that way I don’t slow you guys down by basically posting what you had posted before me haha

• Like 1

Relaxing into the back of the throne after his opening attack, simply watching how the girl reacted to the sudden assault. Pieces of the now severed and mostly destroyed arm scattered around, a faint look of disappointment was evident on his face as he had intended for that to be a killing blow. Evidently this Quincy had some tricks of her own that he would not so severely underestimate again. Ignoring her question as he simply watched her, occasionally glancing to the others standing by the side simply watching the situation unfold; a potential problem in the future. For now his mind was set on the task at hand. It would an interesting night if it kept at this pace, but he knew it would eventually escalate and proceed quicker.

Getting himself prepared as she stood up, a small smile forming as he was glad she was not quite out of the fight just yet. At the sign of an arc of ice being released and fired at him, he quickly kicked off the throne. With his left hand on the top of the throne, he pulled himself up and behind the throne just as the pieces of ice sped by; tearing through the flapping areas of his robe and barely missing him by inches. While doing his maneuver, he responded to the obviously sarcastic remark regardless. “Negotiations are for those who hold a card to play. Which you do not-†Upon speaking the final word and arriving behind the throne at the same time, he would placed both his feed on the back of the throne and kick it towards the girl. The arc of ice having slammed into the throne before and caused several large spikes of ice making the throne more deadly, though the spikes were unknown to Anson.

Quickly placing his right hand on the ground, he flipped over before he could simply fall to the floor before getting back to his feet. Not wanting to get too carried away just yet, he elected to remain in the spot that once stood the throne to simply watch how the girl dealt with it for the time being.

• Like 3

OOC- I don't know how long I got my router to work, might not be long enough for me to make a post today. But, I'm going to keep messing with it and try to post something either tonight or tomorrow. <3

• Like 1

Free huffed quietly as her opponent skillfully avoided her attack by hiding out behind the throne. The mentioned object was now blanketed by sheets of ice and several spikes. She quietly ignored his words of something that she apparently "lacked," and used her Hirenyaku to dodge the throne that was thrust at her. Despite being injured right off the bat, she was still well enough to evade something so... classic. Instead of hitting her, the deadly seat crashed into the wall behind.

Her eyes briefly checked on Oliver and Oswald, who were standing on the sidelines. She was pleased that both men were doing fine, but wished for them to leave this place at once. This battle was going to require her very best, which would possibly result in some destruction going up against this foe's. Vollstandig was the first thing that came to mind, right next to just sticking this fight out until either one dropped dead. No... It was too soon to use it. A last resort is what it was supposed to be. Free silently glared at the man, curious about what he was planning to do next. If it was something like he had done before, then she'd need to keep her distance. "I still have a few cards up my sleeve," she said, jumping into the air and aiming her rapier directly at the man. Starting from the handguard, a stream of ice shot out and grew to a beastly size in the shape of a serpent. It was stronger than her previous technique. If the frozen serpent were to successfully strike, then he would be smashed into the ground and pelted by oncoming shards of ice.

Ability:

This ability has no name because I didn't bother to give it one. Lol, lazy moment. It's pretty simple like the other one. The stream of ice summoned from the rapier is roughly two times the size of a boa constrictor. Tiny shards of ice make up its body and when it hits, the serpent head crashes into the target to unbalance or disable them while the shards repeatedly dig into flesh and rip through their insides.

He didn't expect that attack to actually inflict any damage but it would have been quite enjoyable if it had. Instead she managed to evade it fully but instead of keeping her attention on the battle at hand, she looked over to the other two. Seizing the moment, Anson took off as he ran around the edge of the room until he was on the wall to the girls right side as opposed to in front as he had been. Clenching his fists beneath the robe as he ran, he quickly leaped up to the wall as a large snake-like construction of ice rammed into where he had just been. Shards flying off the body as it crashed and ruined the floor beneath; a small cloud of dirt formed on the floor below just as he would aim his right hand at the ground beneath the girl who had jumped up into the air to attack him. Firing a small orb of what appeared to be flames at the ground beneath her feet, the resulting blast creating a make-shift smokescreen as the area around her became covered in the smoke and dust from the rubble as the floor was blown into a crater.

When the smoke covered the area, he launched himself off the wall at great speed and rushed inside with his left hand outstretched and aimed to wrap around her neck. If successful he would grab her by the throat before slamming her into the ground below. If it was unsuccessful and he missed his mark, then he would change his balance of weight to get away from her and into the cover of the smoke.

OOC: I'll explain the attack when it's actually used offensively, for now it's just a small fire-ish orb that did nothing but make a smokescreen, so yeah.

• Like 3

Siegleind traversed the halls into the throne room to a scene of chaos she would use her heryinkyaku to get next to oliver keeping her calm composer she would sigh as the shockwave from free's oppents attack hit the ground completely unfazed she would look up at oliver, "what is the meaning of all this" she herself was panicking inside and if oliver was as perceptive as she thought he was he would here the distress in her voice

The young star knights mind was in distress she didn't know what to think , she wanted to jump in but her pride wouldn't allow it she needed to know the situation her quean was in distress

Edited by haley

The battle was beginning to intensify. Oswald could see this, along with his Grand Master staring through nervous eyes. “She’ll be okay Oliver.†The Soldat reassures his Commanding Officer who slowly shakes his head. “I don’t know..†He says in a dulled voice as the Ice Serpent is launched. “I know strength.. and that man is strong, he just isn’t showing it yet…â€

Oswald tilts his head, “Do you think you could best him in battle?†he questions to which the Grand Master shrugs, “I’m not sure yet.†He states, “Do you think the Queen could best you?â€

There is a long pause as Olivers expression becomes dimmer and loses even more hope as that one question truly made him realize the danger his Queen could be in, “Be quiet Oswald..†He orders before his eyes dart to the entrance as a new arrival enters. “Damn it..†The grand Master mutters as he seems to vanish.

"what is the meaning of all this" Seigland asks before Oliver appears behind her right shoulder. “Stern Ritter L.†He states her name in an official tone, attempting to keep his voice composed and his emotions masked, “No one is to interfere, this is an honors match to the death, an honors match that Her Majesty has accepted, we are not allowed to act.â€

He stares at the two, as the orb of fire crashing into the ground, his fast motions. “Be safe…†He thinks to himself, his composure weakening slightly.

OOC- Next post is Kaycee's

Edited by Senmaru Hoshino
  • Like 1

Free watched as her attack was avoided and cursed herself for the inaccuracy. None of her tactics were going as planned, which was beginning to wear down on her effectiveness in this fight. Clenching her teeth as she descended back to the ground, Free could only regret not being able to fly when her opponent fired something fire-like below her. She expected it to create some offensive explosion, but it did nothing like that. Instead, a thick smokescreen spread, obscuring everything within its cloud. Free landed in the middle of the smokescreen, wary of what may be around her. She readied her rapier for a potential sneak attack from the enemy. But, it was a fruitless defense that was overcome by his slightly unexpected maneuver that knocked Free off her feet.

She was held by the throat and slammed into the ground roughly, cracking the surface a bit. The only comeback she could muster up in the current situation was a stab to his abdomen. It certainly wouldn't kill him, but it would be a reminder of her will to fight back. Free coughed once and narrowed her eyes. The disadvantage she had was growing. Perhaps the time to use her last resort was nigh. She had enough energy left for maintaining that form for a while, but it may not be for long enough. In truth, however, it depended on what this stranger intended to do. Would his next move allow her room to use it, or not? Or, would her own action force him back?

As his palm connected with her throat, he slammed her down in the ground as the surface cracked upon impact. Sensing the presence of yet another guest in the room, he grew somewhat agitated but threw it to the back of his mind as he focused back onto the current situation. Looking into her eyes from beneath the dark hood, he could see the pain that she was feeling. She had done enough to garner some respect for continuing to fight as she had after his initial attack. Losing an arm was quite a blow, especially to a quincy given what he knew of them. But she was meant to be the queen, why wasn't she using her true power to battle him; did she think him unworthy? Seeing the flicker of movement from her still remaining arm, he quickly used his free hand to grab the blade of her weapon before it could any significant damage.

His moment of distraction had managed to let her seize the window and puncture his abdomen with the tip of her rapier. Though he had managed to catch and stop the blade before it could proceed further in, a breathe of annoyance leaving his lips as he held the blade in his grip as he tightened his hold on her throat. Standing to his feet as he lifted her into the air by her throat, he would slowly remove the tip from his abdomen. Keeping a hold on the blade, he would twist it away from himself before slamming her into the wall. Stretching her arm to her side until the tip of her own weapon aimed at her side, he would slowly force it inwards in an attempt to stab her with her own weapon. Whether it worked out depended on how she reacted in the situation.

• Like 4

Free's latest attack was only a partial success, for her rapier was able to puncture his abdomen. But, it was not a deep wound inflicted. It was impressive to see someone brave enough to grab a sword with their own hands. His strength was something to not underestimate, which was something she learned the hard way. Free choked when his grip on her neck tightened and bit her tongue when he held her in the air. The Quincy never let go of her weapon even when he slammed her into the wall.

It became a hard struggle as he attempted to pierce her with her own sword, but she tried to keep it away with all of her power. He was overpowering her so easily. 'I've... got no choice,' she thought to herself, loosening her fingers. Free hated dropping her weapon in a fight. This time, however, it was to save her own life. "I guess... there's only one way to settle this..." Free spoke quietly, glaring at the hooded man spitefully. She preferred to wait until a certain point before using it, but now it seems that her suffering would only increase if she didn't. Quincy: Vollstandig was her best bet. "Opfer..."

With her only remaining arm, Free reached up to her right ear and moved her bangs out of the way to reveal a single earring in the shape of the Wandenreich's emblem. She removed it and tossed it to the ground while a faint, white aura enveloped her entire body. "The sacrifice of the Almighty is great," she said. Above her head, a halo in the form of a snowflake came to be. The wall behind her crumbled like broken ice as six, pointed slabs of disconnected light appeared at her back to play the part as Free's wings. "My own sacrifice... will be great as well."

Free reached out to firmly hold onto the man's upper arm. If successful, she'd fly up to the ceiling of the grand hall and use his body as a shield to crash through so that they could fight outside where it was less crowded.

Quincy: Vollstandig - Opfer

Opfer is the final transformation of Lenne Free. By sacrificing her own life force, Free is able to draw out her full power in a more destructive manner. As the fight drags on, the six wings at her back will begin to dissolve, two at a time. That signals that her time is almost up. And when that time is up, Free's life is over. The maximum duration of the transformation is 3 turns/posts.

The duration of time the Vollstandig stays also depends on if she attacks or defends (using the wings), which will be explained in later posts when they are used for those particular things.

• Like 4

Feeling the weight of the rapier grow different moments before it fell lopsided and instead of puncturing her side as intended, the weight fell to the hilt causing the blade tip to cut up her side instead. Not the wound he wanted, but it was all he would get at the moment; as he watched her face as she spoke. Holding onto the blade of the rapier that now hung by his side as he held her to the wall. Curious what she was doing as she tossed away an earring. A strange act to do in a battle he thought to himself until an aura appear alongside a rather strange declaration from the woman. The wall behind her body shattered and fell to pieces before the woman grabbed his arm and took off into the air.

Being slammed through the ceiling into the sky above; the pain quickly flowed over him before vanishing as quick as it had came. Looking down onto the hall below as she dragged him higher and higher into the sky. Removing his hand from her throat, he forced his way out of her grasp and let himself fall backwards. As he fell he threw the rapier like a javelin aimed straight for her chest. When the rapier was released from his grip, he would instantly fire a byakurai at the hilt. Serving to both electrify the weapon and from the impact of the hit; give it some extra speed. Afterwards just letting himself fall, however his descent would seem to be slowed somehow. As if something was holding him and not allowing gravity take its full natural effect on his descent. His eyes now locked onto her, waiting and watching to see how she would react and counter-attack. Hopefully her new form carried some weight with it and was not merely for show.

OOC: Couldn't think of much to do with my pain in the ass shoulder being a distraction but here it is. Shit gonna start next turn.

• Like 1

Free paid no mind to the newly inflicted wound as the constraining feeling around her neck was removed. Her ascension into the night sky continued until he forced himself out of her grasp. The rapier that belonged to her was still in the grasp of that devilish man. Why not revoke its existence back to the inner world where it would await her next call? Despite the idea being present in her mind, Free did not notion for the weapon to go away. She instead hovered above the fortress and the enemy, waiting to see what he had planned with her sword that was still possessed by him. He was letting himself fall, no fear showed on his face. But, as witnessed by his movements when throwing her rapier straight for her, it was to get a good distance away in order to attack any way he pleased. At least, that was what she assumed it to be for. The glint of moonlight that flashed from the bloodstained blade reflected in her eyes before it was consumed by some kind of spark-- electricity. She recognized the technique as something those Shinigami would use. Kido, was it? It was a strategy to applaud and she would do so if only the current circumstances didn't forbid it. However, it wouldn't be a real success despite how well it had been thought up.

Holding her arm in front of her, palm facing the incoming attack, Two wings from the middle of the set behind her broke from formation and merged together as a shield in front of her. The rapier and pale blue lightning hit it head on, as expected, but the electric Kido bounced off around Free while the sword was deflected prior to being dissolved back into particles of energy. It's uses were no longer needed, she had her Vollstandig to fight with. But, it would only last so long for her to give an effort against his incredible power. 'F... Four left,' she noted to herself as the two wings she used as a shield began to crumble away like an old wall that succumbed to the wind. "It was a waste, but... necessary," she said to herself, pulling her hand back as the remaining wings adjusted themselves to reduce the open space between them. "I have to use them sparingly... Although, I might not be given much of a choice if more than one is to be used. Just dropping this form would show weakness and would result in me submitting myself to defeat. Fight on until the last breath shows just the opposite, but victory seems to be absent. I suppose it was always inevitable even without sacrifice."

Free brought her hand out to the side, motioning for one more blade-like wing to come to her aid. It latched itself to her open palm to be used as a sword would be used, but that was not her intent. Instead of rushing at the intended target and swinging it at them, she twisted her body as to throw it. A position comparable to a discus thrower in a sports competition. And, with a single, fluid motion, Free let go of the makeshift weapon, giving it a spin equal to that of a disc. A faint glow trailed behind it as its path curved to the left before heading straight for the man below. The exact path was for the waistline, where a successful impact would rend the man bifurcated-- a slightly angled bifurcation. If he chose to dodge, then the spinning blade would merely go on to slice through a large corner of the fortress before crashing into the ground to create a trench-like crater. Her eyes looked on with interest to see how he would go about handling her latest attack. He was certainly not going to let her go with an easy victory, she knew that much. "..." she breathed, taking the briefest of moments to notice the remaining three wings. One, the top left wing that she still hadn't used, was beginning to crack at the tip. Time was running out at a faster rate than she had thought.

Winding Light

By sacrificing one of the wings of her Vollstandig form, Free utilizes the chosen slab by throwing it at the enemy. It's similar to throwing a discus, as stated above, but much faster and with more power. The spin generated allows for the "blade" to saw through flesh, bone, and other structures with relative ease.

The attack is not manipulated to go for a second or third strike, so it moves in one set path only.

• Like 2

Eyes locked onto his opponent as she appeared to effortlessly block the attack of her own weapon. As expected; such an attack had no effect but it did allow him to watch the wings on her back decrease once used. A sign of the forms limit, or just a trick to give a false sense of victory if one could out last the wings. It could be quite a few reasons but there was only one certain way to find out. Things were beginning to look like they were picking up to the point that he wondered if he should use his own trump card now or continue to hold off. Both paths would be entertaining, but he eventually decided on holding off a little longer. He wanted to enjoy the fight a bit more, and using the trump card would ruin the mood for himself at this point; that was for when he was bored.

Watching another wing to the front as if to be used like a bladed weapon, however he was slightly surprised as instead of rushing in for an attack, the woman elected to throw it at him. Not the attack he was expecting initially but he would still make do. With the flames still within his left hand, he took a deep breath before punching forward just before the make-shift slicer got too close. The flames protecting his hand from any instantaneous damage. Initially underestimating the power behind the womans attack, the force forced him down towards the ground below quicker than before. However he quickly put more power into his own attack; allowing the flames to cover the wing before causing it to crack before breaking into several pieces as the flames vanished. The pieces cutting his fist as they flew by before plummeting below and causing several small sections of the roof to crack and become unstable. Streaks of blood running down his hand as he let out a soft sigh, he had underestimated the attack and had it cost him. But now it was his turn to kick it up a notch.

Flipping around until his feet were aimed at the palace below, he launched himself from the reishi within the air itself at high-speed. Launching himself straight at the girl, he covered both his fists in a golden aura of power. Aiming both of his hands at the woman, he silently ushered a command that immediately caused a massive cloud of smoke to appear all around the Queen. Once the smoke appeared, he created a second platform and launched himself it for the second stage as he flew into the cloud of smoke. Having memorized her placement in the moments of the smoke appearing, he punched both his fists to either side of her body. Upon impacting either her body, or any other object the golden aura would violently explode into a massive explosion.

Supreme King's Scorching Fist of Death

Focuses golden energy into his fists which is then released in a giant explosion. Yup, I used two of them.

• Like 4

OOC- for realism sake, just changing my position.

Oliver watches the Queen release her Volstandig, the ultimate technique a Quincy possesses and in that moment, he could feel his heart sinking for he knew that her attacker wasn’t at his limits yet. He watches the two soar upwards through the ceiling of the throne room before turning to Seigland and bowing slightly, “Excuse me!†he blurts out in a panicked tone, his presence no longer with in the room.

He can feel the snow coated wind lash across his face as he appears on the roof and looks to the heavens to see Her majesty, in the Angelic form Quincies generally take on in their ultimate release, he sees her adversary falling and a streak of blue flying from his body towards some projectile. The Queen is able to block by using her wings as a shield, and using a third to throw at the man.

The wing practically explodes against the force the challenger, the shards falling towards the palace. The gleam white, just as the snow surrounding them, and they crash into the stone around The Grand Master, one larger fragment heading toward him. He raises his arm, “Harden.†He states as a blue covering coats his hand and send the fragment into even smaller shards upon impact.

He watches the white, dust like particles float to the ground, mixing in with the flurries, the roof was now unstable.

He sees the mind flying to the Queen, his hands covered in golden aura of power as smoke envelopes the two.

Oliver’s blood runs cold, and his breath becomes slightly faster..

Seigleind clenched her fist's till they bruised within her gloves , as she left the throne room . she used a weak variant combination of her almighty pull and almighty push to snuff out her presence completely

Seigleind's mind became a blank as she saw the giant explosion of devastating power envelopes both free and this mysterious adversary.

Her eyes would be wide and trembling her emotions ran rampid her heart like a jackhammer in anticipation of what was to come....

"Free...." She whispered out waiting for the blast to subside.