The Ghostly One

Südlich Der Festung

fortress_of_solitude_by_tituslunter-d5s0ftg.jpg

The fortress holding true to the definition of menacing and mysterious. Lonely souls are said to wander the roads of this sanctuary; they thirst for life under their ruler. What is there for them to find? Is there nothing to be seen in this world of cold life?

Ruler:

1. Lenne Free, Keeper of the Southern Border

Inhabitants:

1. Oliver C. Yin

• Like 1

The flag of ice waved so brilliantly above the misty front, so radiant in the light of stars and a moon weeping its glory. No place was as calm, or as cold as this. Nor was there a world so lonely like the Southern Fortress. It was so lonely that even the hills howled with such lonesome moans. In the distance, the sound of treading feet could be heard. About a mile away from the icy fortress were burning torches held by the hands of men; men marching along the frozen path of an isolated domain. All men, and women, were dressed in pure white clothes with the Neo Vandenreich emblem emblazoned on their caps and coats. The lead knight, who held a mighty rapier above his head for the others to be guided by, wore a golden sash over his left shoulder. "We march for our Keeper, the guardian of the Southern Fortress! Brothers and Sisters, who do we march for?!" the head of the hundreds of soldiers shouted out through the breaking cold.

"The Free! The Frost!"

All of the mass shouted the names their leader went by in unity as the marching army of Quincies began to hike up hundreds of stairs to the main court of the Südlich Der Festung. Each one wielded a sharpened rapier and held it at the ready, about an inch from their noses. Three by three, they all entered through the open gates of the fortress of cold solitude. In the center of the large courtyard was a long and wide flag hanging downward, the letter of their commanding officer printed on its white form. "Stations, all of you!" commanded the Quincy who led the troops to the fortress. "We remain vigilant for our Keeper's return! Do not allow for anything to disturb the peace."

"Sir, yes sir!"

• Like 2

Approaching the fortress perimeter John Revil and Victor Scarcliff could see the blue light emitting from within the structure.

"What do you suppose is making that light Revil?" Victor asked as he continued to walk.

Looking at his companion the old man scratched his graying beard as his eyes peered at the light below his cap.

"Hard to say, but my assumption would be that reishi plays some role" replied Revil.

Slumping slightly Victor ignored the obvious statement his partner made. Both of them were draped in the traditional white Stern ritter caps. The only modification to them was that Revil wore a Captain's command cap and Victor's cloak was tied together with gold chains with blue gems at their ends. Revil himself was not a Stern Ritter, however he held enough status to be considered a candidate for one, while Victor himself was Stern Ritter V. Currently Revil could be considered the better combatant based on Victor's underdeveloped abilities that taxed his body. This was the main reason why Revil and Victor were partnered considering Revil's skill at defense.

Inside the fortress now they walked straight into the Throne Room of the Neo Reich's new Queen.

"Try not to upset her".

"Why would I"?

"You have a certain way with people..."

Stopping in the middle of it they knelt down having ignored all the other Quincy cause they were too cool to care.

• Like 3

Sudlich Der Festung, a realm bathed in constant twilight blue.. and a constant stream of powerful mourning that flows freely from the lost souls that wander its roads and corridors as if looking for some sort of meaning to their existence, but if meaning of life is what they seek then they indeed had chosen the wrong destination to search. In fact the only attractive thing about this area, to most at least, was the fact that it was the choice of habitat for her majesty, Queen Lenne Frost.. and her ever loyal grand master, Oliver Yin.

Some even believed that the weaker souls of this realm were kept alive solely by the two’s spirit energy feeding into them, fueling their search for nothing. Their eyes practically gray as they look upon their surroundings with scorn but today.. something new and rather rare becomes the focal point of that same scorn. Their eyes filled with dread glance upon to wanderers who did not share their same traits.. they didn’t seem lost at all. Scorn turns to wonder as the two practically float through the realm of the lost, Sudlich Der Festung.

Their destination became clear and was revealed to be… the realms only attraction, The Queens fortress.

Oliver Christophe Yin, stands alert at the right side of his masters throne, his usual place every day and he wouldn’t have it any other way were he given the choice. His rich green eyes gloss as their gaze floats downward towards the two arrivals. One he had recognized right away as Victor Scarcliff.. but the other was a stranger to him. In a slightly defensive manner, Oliver takes a wide, outward step until he is stationed half way in front of the Queens throne. He looks down upon the two, his hands tucked into the side pocket of his white military styled jacket as his head gently sway to the left to allow the few bangs that had escaped being tied back to flow off to the side. “Stern Ritter V.†His voice is stern and official. “State your business in visiting her Majesties quarters.â€

• Like 2

After having returned from Las Noches, it was a bit of a surprise for Lenne Free, the ice cold Neo Ritter, to be named queen of the Neo Wandenreich. She often wondered why Schlereth would choose to have her as successor to the throne. There were plenty of more capable figures within the organization. But, then again, she had no choice but to respect his decision. Arguing over trivial things wasn't exactly in her nature.

So, now in this new position of responsibility, Free had her Grandmaster chosen from the roll; he stood by her side as a loyal subordinate would. Even now, he was still there. He was someone she could trust as much as anyone else on the side of justice.

Sitting on her throne in the southern fortress, Lenne Free took care of any business that would need her attention. Most of everything was taken care of, so now it was a bit of a relaxing hour. But, when she heard her partner in action speak out to someone by the name of Victor Scarcliff, she couldn't help but raise her head and immediately look to the two kneeling figures. One was Mr. Revil, a man she heard stories of from the other soldiers. She held much respect for someone like him. And then there was Victor, letter V. She never had an upfront conversation with him, but she acknowledged him nevertheless.

"Mr. Revil, Victor," Free greeted them. "It's a pleasure to see you both here."

• Like 3

Standing up Revil looked up at the new leaders of the Neo Reich. He wondered how powerful they were and what their goals for the empire would be.

"My lady and Grandmaster thank you, we have come for your orders on where to proceed from now". Victor's eyes looked over at the Queen and Leader of the Stern Ritter.

Pulling out some parchment from out of his jacket Revil read the contents aloud.

"Our last raid lost us several dozen Soldat. We also wiped out most of Squad 13 and destroyed parts of the Squad 2 barracks. However if we continue this course we'll return to the current stalemate we're in. Perhaps with the loss of The Major our priorities have changed."

• Like 2

Seigleind would storm into the room , "my dear victor you are forgetting the total destruction of the eighth division which was carried out by my hand!!," she said haughtly feeling angered by the fact she wasn't mentioned in the report

She would bow to free "my lady I apologize for the rude Intrusion but I would like permission to go to Las Noches I would like to obtain some arrancar."

• Like 2

Oliver Nods as he and his master are given a status report on the war. "I see...I thank you for the report Sir Revil." The Grand Master states, "However.. These words are beginning to become all to repetitive. Almost...some parts... It seems our Soldat are lacking in training as words like this fill every report I hear lately."

He allows the disappointment to slip from his expression before continuing. "As for his Majesty The Majors former agenda , plans and ideals and whether or not we are still following them I can not make a judgment call on for that is the place of her Makesty." His eyes drift to the only one in the entire realm to which he held loyalty too, but it was enough to be dispensed to at least a million star knights. "I will say both of my opinions though, I do not see the point in the war as of now but if it is in the Reichs best interest I am for continuing it.. So if we are going to halt it I suggest we do it now, however , if we are goig to continue to wage it... I suggest we utilize more aggression and train our forces more brutally for as things stand now.. We are being disgraced in battle."

Suddenly a figure charges into the room forcing Oliver's adrenaline to spike up slightly.. A cloud of blue forms over his right hand as he prepares to leap in front of the queen before the figure speaks of victory in battle and begs pardon in her intrusion.

The cloud dissipates and the Ritter is met with a smile now from her Grand Master.

"Excellent!" He applauds. "At least now with an entire squad defeated we do t appear to be such an empty threated force....Siegland, should her Manesty choose to continue this war I would like to speak to you privately."

• Like 3

Free nodded promptly after hearing from Revil and Scarcliff, brushing off Seigleind's impetuous entrance. With the status of their forces being pretty badly damaged by the Shinigami, it would be a pretty hard call on how to go about making the next move against the Soul Society. Perhaps using Las Noches as a keystone to winning the war would be an interesting idea. The Quincy leader recognized that the course of action would mirror past occurrences with the previous generations of their people, but it was most effective to put the Shinigami in a state of disarray. But, what could be done differently to make it so that the Soul Society wouldn't make a quick recovery? Aggression... Discretion? A mix of both maybe?

Closing her eyes for a moment, Free pondered over what should be done. The Soldat were definitely in need of some quality training. "Alright, then," she started, looking up at each of her most trusted subordinates. "We'll keep the Soldat out of the Soul Society for the time being, but we won't stop the war just yet. Seigleind, I'll allow for you to go to Las Noches, but make sure you watch out for the Espada. As for what we are to do with the Soul Society... We'll be more underground with our operations. Espionage, if you will. We send in capable operatives discretely, and destroy them from the inside out. How about it?"

• Like 2

Victor stood up suddenly as the Queen finished speaking.

"Then I will take this task as Stern Ritter V The Vector!" Victor shouted confidently before turning around and exiting

Revil's eyebrows lifted up at Victor's sudden proclamation, but seeing he was so young Revil couldn't help but allow Victor's youthful arrogance to proceed. He'd need to learn to make mistakes and recover from them, this being one such case. However Revil felt his heart pull at the thought of Victor going on without him. He had always wanted to see Victor grow..as well as the past ones...

"Grandmaster Oliver and Queen Free I ask your permission to receive the letter D for Defender and to be included in the ranks of the Stern Ritter." Revil stated knowing he had the requirements to receive such a promotion. He figured the two didn't seem to disregard other's opinions or recommendations considering his head wasn't removed from his body yet.

"You know it's so very sad..a Hollow's existence. If you would grant me further permissions..I would seek to bring peace to those who occupy Las Noches. My being there would also improve the survivability rate of the Quincy stationed there as well." Revil added. It was odd that he'd so readily move on after Victor left, but his intentions in going to Hueco Mundo were foggy to anyone but Revil. And that was how he liked it.

• Like 1

Seigleind would stand she didn't trust many things that included other quincy that weren't free she didn't know why but she felt like she could trust free with her soul if the ocasion called for it, "I appreciate the concern but im stronger than I lead on to be i'll survive just fine on my own " she was the law of the reich and it was somwhat insulting that a quincy whom she had never met before had just said his presence in hueco mundo would increase her life expectancy rate

She would then face the grandmaster and her majesty and bow "gooday my lady and grandmaster I'll be outside when your ready to talk" she would then take her leav before her hidden ager got the better of her everyone seemed to be being real testy with her luckily she completely masked her anger with amusement

Olivers eyes narrow as he calls to the young Quincy. “Victor Scarcliff compose yourself!†He calls after the Vector. “You’re a Stern Ritter, behave as one. You do nothing unless Her Majesty says otherwise.â€

The Grand Master closes his eyes and inhales deeply. “Seems everyone in the Reich has lost their minds. Coming to the Queens Fortress unannounced, barging into it is even worse.. and now giving themselves combat orders in a time of war… “ He thinks, composing his facial expression before realizing what this man called Revil had requested.. to be a Stern Ritter under the Epithet D. Oliver shifts his glossy green eyes to the Quincy. “You wish to be a member of the Queens holy vanguard?†He asks, rather puzzled but says no more on the matter for that was completely the Queens decision and hers alone.

And finally Siegland had stated that she would await her Grand Master outside the fortress to talk. “Indeed Stern Ritter L, aside from the intrusion I enjoyed the news you had brought and will join you outside as soon as Sir Revil and Stern Ritter V tale their leave.â€

• Like 1

Victor seized up at the response he received from the Grandmaster. How dare you treat me as just another mindless lackey, you people took my family away from me Victor thought as he went for the hilt of his sword. I will never forgive, I will never forget.

Revil moved to get in between Victor and the Grandmaster's range of vision to keep Victor cool. The boy's blond hair did little to conceal the burning in his blue eyes, so Revil had to shield him with his body.

"With all respect Grandmaster, we are getting ahead of ourselves. I'd like to blame it on us for the longest time having to govern ourselves. As such we do get antsy." Revil quickly spoke hoping to ease the tension down. He figured the Grandmaster would be more collected and lenient.

"My colleague here just thought since the Queen wished to infiltrate the inner workings of the Gotei 13, he felt he was up to the task. You must commend him for believing in his capabilities haha" Revil continued slightly nervously. He didn't want to see Victor dead over such a silly matter.

"As for wishing to be promoted, I feel that I'd be able to serve her royal highness more effectively if I were to serve in a position that suited my skills" the old man finished as his eyes under his cap turned from the Grandmaster to the Queen.

• Like 2

Grand Master Yin’s eyes gently return to a dull state as he watches the young Star Night reaches for the hilt of his weapon. Olivers expression reflects nothing but disgust and amusement as he gently removes his hands from his pockets. “By the time I was your age.†He thinks, “My mentor had already scarred up my body and had beaten me down to the point of blood or sometimes an unconscious state in the event he was disappointed in my performance during training….. I find it a pity you would choose to end your youthful innocence over my wishing respect in the presence of her majesty,… how I detest harming children but I cannot allow an outburst such as this.â€

He allows his thoughts to settle as he prepares to spring forward until the intervention of Sir Revil stays his approach, asking for forgiveness, explaining that governing themselves was something they had to become accustomed to and then remarking on his earlier request.. stating that he could better serve the queen were he a Stern Ritter.

“You need not apologize Sir Revil, you have shown fine manners and the proper manner of respect in the presence of her Majesty and I commend you for that…. Do pass on your knowledge of etiquette to that boy. Considering the fact that you are shielding him, I assume you care for him in some way or another.†He looks at the young Quincy over Revils shoulder, despite something of a temper, he couldn’t help but love the boys spirit. “As for governing yourselves, that is no longer needed as a new Monarch has been selected, adjust if you must to this change but do make haste in that. Now , regarding your request to join the stern Ritter, that is Her Majesties call completely as is Victors part in the war, but .. Sir Revil regardless of her decision I would like you to join in the conversation with Seigland and I, I have.. something of a plan, or proposition if you will.â€

He glances to his master Free, indicating he was going to ask her permission in this endeavor soon.

• Like 2

Seigleind would take a seat on a bench and activate her speacail power of law ,in her hands materialized a glowing book which she would scribble down some unseen words till her awaited superior arrived

Ooc: sorry for my shortness

• Like 2

Free listened quietly to the speaking individuals. Her eyes studied each of their expressions carefully as arguments popped up. Both Victor and Revil were volunteering to do this undeniably dangerous work. So, how could she refuse? "I'll allow for you both to go," she said to the two men. "And, Revil, welcome to our ranks. I approve of you being joined with our ranks. You have my trust." Giving a nod to the one titled "Defender", Free then turned her attention to Oliver, her Grandmaster. She wasn't sure about what it was that he had planned to speak about with Seigleind and Revil, it almost seemed a little suspicious. Not in the way where she would do anything to prevent it, no.

It was only the curious side of her coming out. "I guess if we have everything taken care of here, then you can all go and prepare yourselves," Free leaned back against the throne, and sighed quietly. Everyone should know what they plan on doing. The Soldat were most likely getting ready to march to their stations. Now was the time to hold down the fort and think about some things.

"Yes!" Revil shouted as he lifted his fist in a congratulatory fashion. Looking back up the old man regained his compsure and replied with a "Thank you my Queen" as Victor merely turned and walked away pleased that the Grandmaster was put in his place.

Typical lapdogs..Victor thought as he left the palace.

Revil himself bowed in respect before he followed Seigleind to the three's place of meeting. Revil didn't have much of an idea on what the topic of their discussion would be but he was fretting over it. A superior pulling one of their men to the side usually resulted in death, or sex and then death. The biggest danger to the Vandenreich was never their enemies, but the black widows within the reich itself. Shivering at the thought of the Grandmaster raping and killing him made his old bones ache. He wasn't homophobic but the sensation of something like another..well he wanted his thoughts to stay pg-13 cause he had an odd suspicion that younger people read his thoughts. He did not know how, but he treated his thoughts as if expressing himself on a public forum..there are some things you just cant say.

• Like 1

“Hopefully that boy learned something of composure today.†Oliver thinks as he watches the three Stern Ritter leave. Then silence befalls the room, broken for the briefest of moments by the shutting door that echoes through the chamber slightly. “You really ought to let me train the Soldat.†The Grand Master states, eyes staying forward. “Their performance isn’t at a respectable enough level to serve under one such as yourself.†Finally his gaze falls over her, “I know that I cant go to the..†He pauses, as if searching for the right word. “Extremes.†He finally says, “That my mentor had gone to on me during my training.. but I can show them what pain and power truly mean in their lives as members of the Reich. It is the least I can do for your Majesty.. but as all things are.. that is your call.â€

His voice remains at the same tone it always is when speaking to his master, even with hints of respect and caring. He then takes her opportunity of dismissal and begins to head towards the door the carry out his conversation with Seigland and Revil “Ill be back in a few minutes your Majesty†Oliver states. The clacking of his white dress shoes echos as loud as the hinges of the opening door eventually followed by the gentle pop of its reclosing, signifying the Grand Master temporary absence.

Outdoors in the southern wing was quite the gaudy… down bringing sight to those who weren’t used to it. The luminous blue lighting eternally saturates the hard ground that Oliver now walks upon towards Seigland who is sitting on a bench, and Revil who is standing by her, both awaiting their Grand Master who now calls to them as he approaches. “Stern Ritters L and D.†He greets them in an official tone as if they hadn’t just spoken in the Queens chambers. “I am pleased with the news you had brought me regarding your success in battle. You see.†His face looks as if he were studying something or trying ot read small print, “The Reich is a little weak right now.. or at ;east it certainly isn’t at the level of strength it was when the Major had the title of King.. however that is all over now with the introduction of Her Majesty Queen Free and I to the leadership roles.†A smile befalls his face as he continues, “You two are good soldiers and apparently good leaders.. I want Quincy like you, the kind with battles experience and are capable of leading troops. Ive been toying with the idea of putting together a task force of our most capable Star Knights to best serve Her Majesty on more special missions during our conquests.â€

------- As Oliver approaches the two he stands still, placing his lustful eyes on Sir Revil to whom he is now desperately fighting off the urge to rape and kill but attempts to hide these thoughts as he always felt that older people could read his mind.

How bad I wanted to put that in my post haha ^^^

Edited by Senmaru Hoshino
  • Like 1

Seigleind closed her book and it faded from existance like a mystery she was considering weather to turn back time on revils body and put the man back in his prime someone as ancient as him looked in her eyes seemed he could die any moment and as for the grandmaster she was quite pleased with what she herd and it gave her some joy she listened intently to what he had to say

"That sounds plausible but I need to ask a single thing I would like to give a gift that we can all share when the task force is truly assembled im not sure if you saw my book but that is one of my techniques of law with it , in a short term warp reality and even alter the laws god and nature have set in hard stone to a extent" she said calmy and coldy she had her defense up so if they tried to attack it would bounce off, she also forgot the bigger the alteration the more of her life force would be taken

• Like 1

Revil lifted his hat up off his head as he rubbed it on his large belly as he listened to the Grandmaster's words. To bring good news to his leaders, it made Revil hope he was given the good word in his life, especially when it came to "her". He continued on about the empire being weaker compared to the Major's time. That silly man Revil thought as he looked back into his past memories. As he called Revil and his counterpart good soldiers and leaders Revil smirked ever so slightly in response. I was always called a good soldier..I was just never a good person...when it counted. The wrinkles on the old man's face was very prevalent as he was told that he could partake in joining an elite taskforce.

Looking over at Seigleind he tried to form a weak smile, but his attempt at hiding his emotions were failing.

"Mr. Oliver, I humbly decline your offer." Revil stated flatly as he raised his Cap back over his head.

"I'm a worn out warhorse. I'm nothing more than a broken and bandaged weapon of war." he continued as he slouched over covering up his eyes.

"I'd like to fade away in a fashion suited to how I've handled my life. Dying alone and miserable in the battlefield of my choosing." he said as he brushed over his white mustache in a resigned albeit friendly tone.

He turned around and began to walk away before he made one more final comment.

"The Major treated us all as actors on a stage Mr. Oliver. Our lead actor in the play is gone now. Perhaps we should follow suit and bring down the curtains." Revil advised his fellow travelers. For the Empire of the Major's there was no light at the end of the tunnel, no grande finale. This "encore" was hollow on the inside.

The Stern Ritter then continued to walk away as his eyes regained a passionate fire.

"I may be living during the Fall of Rome, but if I could protect him I might redeem myself in the eyes of the Lord.." he said to himself quietly referring to someone who had suffered terribly in his short life with no fault to his own..the opposite of Revil's life.

• Like 1

Oliver remains stationary with his hands clasped behind his back as the newly appointed Stern Ritter D respectfully declines his offer of service. He listens to the mans remarks of being nothing more than a tired instrument of war.. not combat.. but war. The Grand Master knew well that combat and war truly were two completely different things especially if you were the one your army looked to. A man could commit to combat every day of his life for 5 years and never gain a gray hair from it.. but war is different. War is planning, politics, war is desperately trying to outfox an entire force edged and trained to eliminate you and war has no victors for both sides are generally waging it for their beliefs or worse.. to protect something. It was for these reasons alone that Grand Master Yin had said nothing to the “Defender.†When he had declined the offer. For Oliver knew well that war was ugly business and few were cut out to be the ones waging it which is exactly why people such as Oliver C. Yin and John I. Revil had to exist… And the Grand Master realized that that was possibly the only thing he had in common with the elder soldier. He stares at the man as he begins to stroll away and had the eerie sensation that he was possibly peering through an oculus that could look into the future… possibly his future.

However.. Revils final remark stand out drastically to Oliver whom slightly shifts due to its nature.

"The Major treated us all as actors on a stage Mr. Oliver. Our lead actor in the play is gone now. Perhaps we should follow suit and bring down the curtains."

Stern Ritter Q’s eyes narrow slightly, dimming down the bright .. almost luminous green of his irises. “And just what curtain do you plan on bringing down Sir Revil? And in what manor?†He wonders as the elder leaves and waits until he is gone. “Im going to keep an eye at that man.†He says in an even tone, gently glancing to Stern Ritter L. “And youd be wise to do the same Seigland.. for it is just as he said it was. The Major did indeed treat us all as actors in some grand show.. but Revil is still playing his part see..†He pauses a moment before slipping his hands into the side pockets of his bright white military jacket. “He may act all he wants… and may seem to be an old tired man but I don’t buy into it. Im not saying he would betray us, but I am indeed stating that he is still a dangerous and cunning adversary and part of this is credited to his ability to hide that fact through friendly and humble interactions.â€

He allows a moment of silence to enable his words to sink in before his full attention is directed to the girl. “As for your gift, we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it so to speak because for now.. this sort of task force may just be you and I which is truly fine as I trust you and don’t know much regarding the competence of the other Stern Ritter anyhow. And so Siegland your free to carry out your personal tasks today but do come back soon to check in with me and discuss a few things yes?â€

Edited by Senmaru Hoshino
  • Like 1