Hikari was wandering around in the highly humid heat of the African savannah, letting out a frustrated groan as she looked around. She had been sent on a Konso Run to find some Pluses that were located around this area, she heard there could be some minor Hollow but that was it, nothing she couldn't handle with her skills. When she had made her way rather deep into the savannah she realized this was her first time in the world of the living, she kind of wished she could be here more often but she had duties as a Shinigami... Right? She understood most of Soul Society was fractured, other Squads had no interest in helping others which was something she found as wrong. Shouldn't they be like a family? To her it was just unappealing to work for a place where no one helped one another. She then noticed a peculiar sight, a male sleeping in a tree surrounded by Lions. She blinked a little before looking at the lions and then using Shunpo to get on the branch of the tree before poking the sleeping male. "Hey, you dead?" She asked, poking him still.

• Like 1

Althalos who was having a nice nap in a tree about what he should experiment on next a hollow or a bount. suddenly feels something poking him and slowly opens one eye to see a young looking shinigami girl poking him "I haven't done anything this time so go tell the soul society that I've been minding my own business or have they finally realized that they are no longer capable of working together and all went their own separate ways then i say good on them..." Althalos then smiled and sightly sat up and saw that the sun was already up to the middle of the sky and laughed and looked down to the lions and shot a wave of spiritual pressure of to scare the lions away which they do. "And if you're not here for them then why are you here miss cutie." Althalos laughed a little bit looking at the young girl. "Also what might your name be as well ?"

• Like 1

Hikari flinched as the male woke up but was also somewhat relieved. Well, at least he wasn't one of the Pluses she was sent here to use Konso on. "Wait.. You know about the Soul Society? Well.." She said before taking a deep breath, he seemed to know exactly what was going on, at least that's how she viewed such a thing. "I am here looking for Pluses to Konso actually, I was sent to do so but.. What you mentioned isn't far from the truth, Soul Society has fallen apart. None of the Squads work together anymore." She said before sitting down on the branch and looking at the male more. She did have a visible blush upon her face however as he complimented her and asked her name. "Hikari Kagayakashi, initiate of Squad 7, unseated. Though the way things look it seems like Soul Society is falling to pieces and the enemy has certainly done a number on the place."

Althalos nodded as the hikari said that she was surprised that he knew about the soul society and laughed a little. Althalos then continuted to listen and heard that she is part of squad seven and his eyes lit up and stood up on the smallest part of the branch there is without breaking it "Really you're part of squad 7? How is it? Is there still all the hot girls in it? Is..." Althalos voice becomes slightly deepened "Jiro still there... better not have come back..." Althalos's voice goes back to his normal voice and goes back onto the main branch as the smaller one suddenly snaps "Now where were we.. *cough* yes... what lovely name you have my name is Althalos nice to meet you too" Althalos bows and then stands straight again "I'm sure you have heard of me but it's fine if you have not not many people read the history books..." Althalos looks to the sunset "Good things never last..."

When he showed a bit of excitement when questioning Squad 7 Hikari became a little uneasy. She knew nothing about this man who seemed to know so much of Squad 7 as compared to her lack of all knowledge to it. She thought his questions over and let out a deep sigh. "Sadly, as far as I know it is just the Captain and myself. The Captain's name is Aiden.. I have never heard of a man named Jiro, I apologize, as for hot girls.. I am the only girl I know of in Squad 7." She answered honestly, he knew enough as was, there was no reason for her to hide anything else. She heard his name and thought it over after his introduction, Athalos... Athalos.... It was familiar. "Athalos.. The Phoenix of Squad 7, Ex-Captain, Mad Scientist who temporarily transformed the Barracks of Squad 7 into a type of Candy Land. Shortly after you disappeared, leaving the Captain position open for others to fight over. If I am right you are also a Founder of the less known Phoenix Art, a type of Zanjutsu and Kido hybrid... Right?" She asked, remembering all she could from the books she spent hours reading. She was devout in learning more of Shinigami and the like, the 'Mortal Phoenix Athalos' was mentioned in the more Recent History sections but mentioned nonetheless. She looked at him, his attitude was definitely interesting she kinda like it. He was excitable and it was somewhat infectious to her but she knew she had to keep focused, she had to bring pride to her Clan. "Oh, right, if you are wondering how I knew all that I did read some old logbooks in the Seventh Division."

OOC: I obtained permission from the player of Athalos for my character to know of him ahead of time in the manner described above.