Sign in to follow this  
Sayuri

The Forest Behind The Kido Corps

Sayuri quickly ran her hand still in Meta's pulling him along. She knew it was around her somewhere. The question was where. A while back when she had been wandering on her own, she had found this place and she couldn't help but want to show it to him. Even though they had both just been sparring, the excitement and adrenalin had given her the extra energy she had needed to get to where she was bringing him. She had quickly entered the forest behind the Kido corps and began weaving her way through it, every once in a while looking back to Meta with an excited smile. He had told her about finding a place like this when they were in the world of the living and she had found it.

She couldn't wait to show him and was bubbling over with the anticipation of seeing what he though of it. When she had first found it, she thought of how calming and familiar it felt, after all she had grown up near one just like it. That's right. Sayuri had found a pound hidden in the forest behind the Kido Corps.

As she pulled him along every once in a while she would pause only for a second to check her surroundings to make sure she was headed the right way before proceeding again. Finally nearing it, she slowed down to a walk and pushed into the clearing showing Meta what she had found. This is where we are headed. She let go of his hand and walked to the edge of the pond. She carefully pulled off her tabi and waraji and tossed then a bit away from her. Sitting on the back of the pond, she allowed her feet to break the surface of the water.

project_sisters__forest_pond_by_yumeki_chan-d4xilq4.jpg

• Like 1

Metabee carefully ran behind Sayuri while his hand was still in hers. They were in the forest behind the Kido Corps he returned the smile at the times when Sayuri was looking back at him. At the times she stopped to check the direction he also looked around in awe and then after a while they reached a pond. He looked around in surprise 'Wow, I never thought there was something like this behind the Kido Corps'. He remembered that Sayuri wanted to look for one after he showed her a pond in the world of the living. Metabee smiled at her 'This place is great. It's so different from the rest and we can come here when we want to spend time with each other in peace'. He walked over to her and following her example he also took of his shoes and left them next to hers. Then he sat next to her and admired the pond. 'To be honest this is my first time seeing a pond in Soul Society. I'm glad you found a place like this and that we are here together.' He then looked at Sayuri 'How about we keep this place a secret? So that no one damages it?'

As he sat down beside her, she leaned her head against his shoulder. I'd like that. She smiled. In all honest, she would probably end up here quite a bit in her free time. It just felt familiar. Maybe because it reminded her of her past or perhaps it was because it was now a place for her and Meta. She kissed his cheek before slowly reaching to the pond and lightly splashing a bit of water at him with an innocent smile.

Metabee smiled as she leaned her head on his shoulder he put his arm around her. 'This place and you, I'll protect both'. He then felt her lips as she kissed him on the cheek and he kissed her back on the lips. Sayuri then lightly splashed water at him and innocently smiled at him so he also splashed a bit of water at her too. He let out a laugh and looked at the pond 'You really like ponds dont you?' he then looked up at the sky 'How about in the future we get a house near a pond? I think we would be the happiest that way.'

She happily returned his kiss. and then turned her eyes to the sky in though. Sayuri shrugged at first then thought about it a bit. I guess I do. I suppose some of the biggest moment of my life have been near ponds. She thought of her time with Meta in the human world and then her mind wandered to when she was first in the rukongai. Did you know that Sayuri means small lily? The lady that found me gave me my name for the lily pond I was found at. It was a bit of an odd fact to bring up but it had just come to her him and she was happy to share it with him. She once said she thought Yuri was fine but I was so petite it just didn't quite fit. So she had decided on Sayuri. Sayuri chuckled softly at the memory. Sorry, I'm just talking away like I'm crazy aren't I? She didn't mean to go off on a random subject, but she couldn't help it she just felt so comfortable around Meta, that she could open up and not have to worry. Anyways, that would be amazing. I house near a pond. She smiled happily at the thought, finally answering his second question.

Edited by Sayuri

Metabee smiled as he listened to Sayuri 'No, I didn't know that but I think it suits you. You are beautiful like a lily too' he was happy that Sayuri had a good past and then he looked down 'I don't want to ruin the moment with negative things but to tell you the truth I can't remember my real name. My first friend in Rukongai gave me this name although I don't think it has any special meaning like yours'. He put his hand on Sayuri's 'Don't say that. I love you the way you are so don't worry about it. It also helps me to get to know you better'. Metabee then looked at Sayuri 'I'm sure there is one waiting for us somewhere. Anything else you would like in the future?'.

I guess I was pretty lucky, to be found the way I was. The thing is if its part of who you are it can't be negative, not how much you might see it that way, right? After all it brought you here didn't. No matter how good or bad we see things. They make up who we are and if they helped us to become who we are they must have been good in some way right? Sayuri had always had this theory that everything in your life happened for a reason, whether it was to make you strong, challenge you or bring you closer to the future you deserved. She couldn't remember when she had come up with this or if it was something the lady had taught her, but it didn't really matter any more, did it. It was what she believed in. She hoped she could get to know Meta better as well. The future, huh. She thought a moment. I dunno. I guess I've never really thought about it too much. Just let life lead be to where ever I should be. Go with the flow and eventually find my place. After all, wasn't it the twists and turns that had brought her here, to the Kido Corps, to Meta even. She closed her eyes a moment enjoying the weather, the day and this wonderful moment. What about you? What would you like in the future?

'Yup, you're right even if I can't remember it I'm still happy with the way things are. I guess I shouldn't worry about it and anyway maybe someday I will remember it at the most unexpected time. From now on I won't think of that as a negative thing since it brought me here today, and thats what matters.' Metabee smiled at her 'Thanks' As expected from the one he chose, she really knew how to change his way of thinking and he was glad about that since it's not good having negative views. Sayuri then asked him what he would like in the future. 'Hmm, the only thing I know that I want is to live with you. Apart from that I don't know. I guess a future where everyone is happy would be nice.' Metabee then listened on the peaceful silence.

Sayuri nodded to Meta. That sounds nice. Hearing some odd music playing, Sayuri looked around a bit confused, before some people appeared. As one of them approached her, she leaned back into Meta, not liking the this sudden closeness of a stranger. Awe, why??? This was supposed to be OUR secret. She was mentally whining. She and Meta had just made this THEIR place and someone had already found it. She was too caught up in her childish whining and complaining that their place had been found to notice the guy had been speaking to her. She turned to Meta with her pout just as then men disappeared, not noticing them leaving anything behind I was really hoping for this to be our place and now someone else has found it. She sigh and and turned her gaze to the pond in disappointment.

Metabee sharpened his eyes as he heard music and quickly turned around to see some sort of band come in. Why was there someone here? What made it weirder was they were strangers too. Then the man in the middle came closer to Sayuri and she leaned closer to him away from the man. Metabee put his hand on the hilt of his Zanpakuto ready to draw it but the man then told her he had something for her from him. 'Huh?' He looked at the man with a poker face, he certainly didn't remember ordering some sort of band. The group of people then left and Sayuri turned to him with a pout. Sayuri was disappointed and so was he,since their place didn't last long. 'They didn't look like a threat but I can chase after them if you want?' Metabee looked at the ground where the man was a few moments ago and saw a note with a rose which had an expensive looking ring on it which were supposedly a gift from him. Wait, an occasion which you give a ring on?...He opened his eyes widely and had a slight blush on his face and quickly put his hand on the 'gift' on the ground so that Sayuri wouldn't notice it. He then kissed her on the lips while at the same time putting the 'gift' in his pocket. 'Lets have a safety measure from now on' Metabee then put his right hand up into the air and with a click of his fingers created a barrier around the area and got rid of the barriers colour so the pond will continue to look natural. Now he had to think of a way to cheer Sayuri up so he decided to change the topic 'Do you think we could buy some stuff from the world of the living to look after the pond?'

As Meta, asked of chasing them, she shook her head. Its not worth it. They aren't worth wasting the time or energy. Unless you'd rather leave me? Sayuri pouted and batter her eyes making it extremely clear she didn't want him to go and instead stay with her. She turned her gaze to the sky and had apparently lost her train of thought for a moment as she suddenly noticed his lips on hers and quickly returned the kiss. She watched as he placed the barrier around the pond and nodded. Hopefully that should help. It amazed her how relaxed she felt around him and how with just a simple thing of creating the barrier had wiped away her sadness. He just seemed to know the right things to do. As he asked of things for the pond, she paused a moment in thought. She wasn't sure what they could do. Maybe. Do you have any ideas? Maybe there are even things we could find around the Soul society.

He looked at Sayuri pout 'Nope, I want to stay with you'. It also seemed like Sayuri's sadness went away so things were back to normal. She then asked him about the things they could get for the pond and he stopped to think. 'Well... maybe we could get those small rocks they have? We could use that to decorate the place and for summer we could get blankets or oil lanterns so we could stay up long without having to worry about the dark. The blankets and oil lanters we could probably find in the barracks or we could get new ones if they look better' They were thinking about buying things but well someone had to pay for it in the end. Metabee looked at Sayuri 'Hmm, I'll handle our expenses so you don't have to worry about that'

We probably won't have to buy much. So, how about we split it? She didn't want to make him pay for it all. I actually have some empty lanterns I made when I was young. I, also, have some extra outdoor blankets and some picnic blankets as well back in my room. So, we could use a place to put everything and probably some type of light for the lanterns.

Hearing that Sayuri has stuff they can use he smiled at her 'Well,alright. Its better to use it rather than just leave it lying around right? Especially if it was made by you'. This meant that they could get all the stuff they needed with about one trip to the world of the living which was pretty efficient and it wouldn't take them that long either. 'I'll see about the storage thing so that we can have our things on hand when we need them'. He was happy they could have this area for themselves because they also got to make it better so that it suits them and with only them two knowing about it not many problems should come up. 'So I guess that's pretty much organised then and we can get the stuff later right?' Metabee then looked around a bit 'Will the grass need any management? Like you know during very hot summers it will get pretty dry'

She nodded. There is no rush to get anything. She looked around them. With the pond and under the shade of the trees she figured everything should stay fine. After all, it did take care of itself before they even found this place. The grass should take care of itself. Sayuri leaned back and laid on the ground staring up at the sky.

He looked at Sayuri lean back and lay on the ground 'Now we can have more relaxing days like this'. Metabee also laid on the ground the weather was nice so the ground was more or less warm. 'In the summer since nights are warmer we could come here to gaze at the stars if you would like that' He smiled at the thought of that since looking at the sky mostly had a calming effect on him but it wouldn't be as fun doing it alone and anyway he thought that being under the moon might make it more romantic for them.

Days like this are nice. Sayuri smiled towards Meta before closing her eyes and taking in her surroundings. I think that would be nice. She thought of it. They could probably get the blankets out to lay on and maybe have the torches out with just enough light that they could see but not too much to drown out the stars dancing in the sky above.

'Yup, it's good to have a break from all that fighting and enjoy like this' He was happy that Sayuri liked his idea of gazing at the stars and that also gave him another idea. 'Do you ever get bored of the barracks? There is enough open space here that we could sleep out here in tents,kind of like camping excluding the fires though'. For him at least it would be his first time doing something like that since an opportunity like that never came up before.

That would be neat. Maybe if people don't come near this often we could put up hammocks even. Sayuri smiled at the thought. Maybe even sleeping bags under the stars with the area after all it seems like a pretty peaceful place.

'Good idea. If we come here when no one sees or if we keep our spiritual pressure to the minimum no one should follow us here. Well, unless they look for this place like you did'. He looked at the trees around them to check how they could organise it by imagining it. Metabee though that it's amazing how one area like this could give them so much opportunities that they both enjoyed 'We can spend our summers pretty well like this' .

I actually wasn't looking for it. She had been wandering through the forest just exploring a bit and trying to stretch her legs as she had needed some air after being cooped up in her room from being ill. She nodded in agreement to his comment of the summer days. This would make a wonderful place in the summer. It's a nice place to just come and relax. Forget about the worries. Who knows, maybe the trees and the pond with keep it cooler here in the summer.

'Yup, and if we miss the presence of the animals we could just go to the one in the world of the living but people would be there though. I don't mind either as long as you're with me'. He smiled at her and then looked at the very few clouds that were in the sky to see if they looked like anything but none had a distinct shape. Metabee then closed his eyes and a slight breeze went by.

As long as I'm with you it really doesn't matter. She smiled back at him before quickly kissing his cheek. Moments like this would be irreplaceable. The calm, the peace and the serenity made something wonderful and the amazing company just added to it.

He smiled as he felt Sayuri kiss his cheek and then reopened his eyes to kiss her back. Metabee then turned to her and looked her in the eyes for a while and he saw that her eyes were full of happiness but he wasn't surprised since he knew both of them were happy with how things were going. Moments like this made him feel at peace and it allowed him to forget about his duties for a while but it just wouldn't be the same if Sayuri wasn't there with him.

Sayuri let her mind wander taking in the sights and sounds of the pond and the forest around them. Her mind floated along the breeze doing as it wished, wandering from the trees to the wind and so forth. It found its way to the idea of a place like that in the human world. Would it have more people around it? She remember the place they went and wondered as the pond before then was smaller and seemed more secluded from the the main parts of everyday life. Perhaps it would even have animals. The silence seems to wonderful and fitting for the atmosphere, she wondered if the liveliness of animals would have ruined something like this in the world of the living. But it didn't really matter, she was here at this little hidden pond relaxing with Meta, so the what ifs and the questions were nothing but a fun imagination. She was happy with the way things were calm and comfortable.