Blue - me talking

"White" - me thinking

White - actions/other

Red - other people talking

I arrived in the world of the living through the senkaimon. My destination, a city called Tokyo. A large one by human standards. Its cramped busyness reminded me somewhat of the soul society. It was just becoming night time and it still seemed to be buzzing with activity. Stepping from the senkaimon onto the top of the skyscraper I walked to the edge of the roof and looked below. Cars were in the streets and most of the city still had lights on in homes and in businesses. Looking to the moon I estimated it was about 9 pm. The night was clear and only a few clouds are in the sky.

Taking a breath I make a small jump over the ledge landing softly on the street below. Walking to an ally I enter my gigai. "I never realised how cramped it felt inside one of these things." "now to find a clinic I can work at for now" i said idly to myself.

Just then I heard laughing at the enterance of the ally I was in. Turning quickly I rose my guard. I saw 4 men of unsavory character. My face contorted into a stern scowl when one of them spoke up. "well look what we have here guys! A fresh piggy bank to crack open! What you guys say we find out how much we've saved up?" the other three thugs chuckled at the leaders comment. "four on one? Hardly a fair fight." "lifes not fair." one of them said with a sneer cutting me off mid sentence. I finished what I was saying after he finished "for you." "woohhahahaa! We got us a tough guy! Let's see how tough he really is." the moment the word "is" left his mouth I made my move. "My power is capped from being in a gigai but Im still plenty strong enough to take on a couple lowlifes." Taking a quick step forward I jumped off of a short crate next to the wall on my right. Turning from the jump I swung my leg high aiming for the nearest thugs face. Connecting with the sweet sound of bones snapping I broke his nose and tossed him into the opposite wall knocking him out. With the same motion and landing on one foot I drive a punch into the next thugs temple. Knocking him out he crumpled to the floor in a pathetic heap. Enraged the last two tryed to attack themselves. "you bastard!" Grabbing the closest ones forearm I twisted it, dislocating the elbow before grabbing him by the throat I threw him into the last thug slamming their heads together with a sickening crack. Composing myself I calmly walked over them before remembering to call them a ambulance using one of their cell phones. I exited the ally and began my search for somewhere to work while I was in the world of the living. "I feel like I'm forgetting something or someone." I shrugged off the thought and continued my search.

• Like 2

Hideki:

12407246.jpg

Hideki was returning home one night from spending time at a friends' home. Studying, playing video games, and just overall having some fun was what consisted of his visit, and he needed one after today's school day. Don't get him wrong, he wasn't hurt due to the bullies tormenting him nor due to the fact that he received quite a beating today. He handles things such as that on a daily basis, so really today seemed like yet another common day with no actual surprises, though one thing was different though and it was stressing him out. Lately now, he's beginning to slip up on his work. His family assumes that it's due to the beatings he's taking, though he himself believes personally that its is more or less because of the fact he's not working hard enough.

He couldn't exactly push one thing out of his mind though. What was this all for? Not particularly the gaining good grades themselves as this 14 year old knew they were indeed vital for success, but instead what was the point of it all? Everything in a whole. If one graduates from high school, then they go to college, then they graduate from that and placed under the boot of a superior in whatever job they get, if they even get a job. It seemed as if life was some kind of sick maze, and dead ends are literally all over the place with the finish being death. It seemed rather pointless when he thought of it this way, but it was the way he thought and felt. Could it be that it was truly what life really was? That he cracked some sacred meaning so easily just like the millions of people before himself and yet it just gets passed on as some saying or meaningless thing. But really, finding out the reasoning why they were ever there was meaningless within itself, so what was the point of finding the right answer?

Each step down the sidewalk during this oddly pleasant enough night echoed throughout the streets along with the footsteps of multiple others. That was all Hideki was, another set of steps echoing upon the sidewalk, and that was all he ever will be. Tonight was a good night though, as it was a Friday night, and that means the high school student can simply relax when he finally returns home. He wouldn't make it there, though, as suddenly a group of hands stretched outwards, grabbing his right arm and nearly throwing him into the alleyway he was passing, causing him to stumble and nearly fall as he dropped his schoolbooks. As he regained his footing he looked back to those that grabbed him, seeing that they were wearing school uniforms as well, but the ever so cruel shadows covered their faces.

"Huh, seems i caught you again, you blue-haired freak. Do you have the money you owe me."

Hideki looked at the group in a confused manner, his dead gray eyes revealing to the one that spoke that the boy he was bullying was merely a soulless husk and nothing more. These were the eyes of someone that seemed to have given up a long time ago, yet never truly given in emotionally yet. Giving them a closed eye smile, Hideki would reply.

"I'm sorry, but i have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you got the wrong person? If you mind i'll be leaving now. Have a ni-"

That was all he could get out of his mouth before a fist greeting the left side of his cheek, knocking the boy to the ground. It seemed these upper classmen were persistent. Fine then, let them do as they please, they'll find no money on Hideki. Right as one of them picked him up by his uniform color, ready to deck him once again, a loud, almost deafening roar rang out, blowing a large and powerful gust of air through the alleyway and causing all four boys to get blown back. While the three began speaking in panicked voices and ran away, Hideki merely got up to his feet as the wind kept blowing. Once it ceased though, the boy would do the unthinkable; He would run over to his things, attempting to pick them up. He wouldn't be very successful in doing so though as right when he grabbed the first book, he was lying on his back once again, this time a large and bloodied dark blue marking from the unknown and invisible entity's swatting him away. As he lost consciousness, the last thing he could see is some monstrous being standing over him, appearing through his blurry sight as if it was preparing to devour him.

• Like 1

I was enjoying the night air when it was interrupted by a all too familiar sound. The blood lusting cry of a hollow. Snapping into focus I immediately narrowed down its location. "People could still be around at this time. I hope no ones hurt yet." Jumping out of my gigai nd leaving it in a ally hidden behind a dumpster I flash stepped to where I heard the hollows cry. I saw 3 highschool students running and screaming out of a ally, all seemed uninjured so I let them be. Releasing my zettakai I took my twin blades and approached the alleyway steeling my nerves for a fight. Right when I entered the ally I saw the hollow holding a fourth highschool student. With little time to act I attacked with all the speed I could muster. "take this you gluttonous pig!" flashsteping beneath the tall beast I jumped up to its arm. Slicing through it with ease and freeing the student. Catching the student I sat him down on a nearby bench then returned to the hollow. "now then, where did we leave off? Oh right your arm." flashsteping to it again I sliced through its legs then swinging both swords upward while jumping I split it into three separate pieces. Causing it to disappear in a cloud of dark dust.

Grabbing the injured highschool student who looked no older than 14 I flash stepped to my gigai. Once I was back to it I stopped his bleeding but I knew he would die before I could repair the damage to his internal origins. "I need a hospital 20minutes ago. Shit." Entering my gigai I carried the boy to a clinic with the help of a bystander who noticed the bleeding boy. I nearly kicked down the door before the owner and doctor got up and let us in. "I don't know what happened I found this boy bleeding in an ally. I've stopped the bleeding best I can but I fear his internal origans have been damaged." i managed to say all of this while the doctor was preparing to treat the boy. The rest was a blur of blood and medical gargon hurriedly spoken between the doctor and me. The boy had 3 broken ribs a deflated lung and a large gash in the center of his chest. I waited nervously for him to wake from the anesthesia. "I hope I made it in time. I'm never going to let another person die on me like last time. Never." i feel asleep in the chair next to the boys bed. The events brought up bitter memorys in the form of dreams. In my sleep I said "Anna " several times as if asking for a friend that was still there.

Edited by Sentei K�ken'nin
  • Like 3

Hideki had woken up from his slumber, noticing right away that he isn't at home at all, but what appears to be a medical room of sorts, and he himself had bandages all around the torso and stomach areas of his body. Rubbing his hair in confusion, he also noticed someone else that he didn't recognize asleep at his bedside. 'I must have been in an accident..' The boy would think to himself as he continued to stare at the unknown person, wondering who he is. '...Maybe i had an accident regarding this guy?...' He said to himself. Normally, one would think about whether or not they were okay, or who this stranger was, or even wondering where they are at the moment, but not Hideki. Hideki was someone that couldn't really care less about who the person was or where he himself was or even what had happened to him. He was alive and there was nothing else to it.

"I wonder..."

The fourteen year old said to himself as he made an attempt to move, only for a sharp pain to shoot through his body, making him yelp out loud as he moved back into his previous position and waited patiently for the pain and discomfort to go away once again.

"Nope."

Instead, he would wait for whoever this odd man sleeping next to him was to wake up and explain the situation and just how long he was stuck to the confines of this bed. As he waited, his mind wandered off to the things he could be doing right now if he wasn't in this predicament, like sleep or play a video game, or even read a book. Instead though he had to stare awkwardly at some random dude, waiting for him to explain things.

• Like 1

Shifting in my sleep caused me to lose the balance I had with my hand supporting my head. Jolting awake I rubbed the sleep from my face. Looking to the boy I notice he was finally awake. "Ah you're finally awake. You had me worried for a while there. That was a serious accident you got yourself into. Do you remember anything?" my thoughts flashed back to the hollow. *this time I wasn't to slow.* my expression shifted unintentionally between concern and grim remembrance.

Standing I remember that the pain medication would have wore off by now. "you must be in pain, here this should help." I hand him some ibuprofen pills and a small cup of water before sitting back down.

• Like 1

I had just sat back down when I heard someone enter the clinic. "hold that thought." turning to the rooms door right when gray entered i noticed his lack of clothing. "what the hell? I hope you have a good reason for being naked." while saying this I covered my eyes and took off my jacket and handed it too him. "and shouldn't you really have gotten some clothes before coming here?"

Hideki watched as the man woke up, telling him that he's finally awake and that he had him worried for a while there as that was a serious accident he got himself into. The man then continued on to inquire if he had remembered anything. Hideki thought about it. Other than getting nearly ripped apart from some invisible thing nothing much had happened to him.. Nothing really to say that is as nothing really relevant actually occurred. The boy knew he had to say something that should suffice and quench the man's thirst in his desire to know what had occurred. Giving him a small, closed eye smile, Hideki began to speak.

Shortly before Hideki could speak the stranger then handed him some water and pills, assuming that Hideki was in pain and that these things should help. Taking his pain pills and swallowing the cool liquid shortly afterwards Hideki sat there with his glass, being quiet as he wondered what exactly to say. Though before he could indeed say anything another stranger appeared, standing in the window wearing only a scarf. If Hideki didn't know what to say before, he definitely didn't now. 'It's like an acorn...' He thought to himself as he scanned the person up and down, noticing what the scarf was covering though it wasn't on his mind as he didn't go for that sort of thing. What was more on his mind at the moment is why there is a crazy person on the open window, allowing gusts of wind to enter and mess with the temperature of the place.

The first stranger told Hideki to hold his thoughts as he looked over to the new arrival, stating that he better have a good reason for being naked while he himself covered his eyes and handed a jacket to him, continuing on to inquire that he should've gotten some clothes before coming here. Hideki adverted his eyes from the naked man to the stranger, his mouth opening as he began to speak while giving the naked once the lack of attention he needed in order to have some privacy.

"I remember getting attacked by an invisible thing and then waking up to see you, but that's about it."

Yup. Sounded normal enough.

"So who're you people?"

turning around I searched some cabnets for some sort of clothing. "they usually keep something here for... ah here we go." "i say while grabbing some scrubs. "here" i say while throwing the clothes without looking. "oh sorry I don't believe I caught your name. He was in a accident. I didn't see what happened. As for the invisible monster it's probably just a hallucination." my expression got serious as I mentioned the invisible monster while trying to be as consoling as possible. "now you should get some rest. As soon as my friend here gets dressed we'll be on our way. Don't worry about the bill either, I covered it. I'll stop by to see how you're doing tomorrow. you'll be here a couple days so is there anyone I should contact? Friends? Family?"

• Like 1

Hideki listened as the man denied answering his question, instead responding by explaining why he was naked. He stated that he donated them to a homeless naked man whom of which needed them, and that he had allowed him to keep his scarf due to the homeless man believing him to be homeless as well. The "fuzz" or the police, would possibly arrest him so the scarf is meant to cover him up, even though it's not doing much of a job. After finishing his explanation, the naked man that was bad at introductions asked Hideki who he was, and all he would receive in return is a simple shrug as Hideki didn't feel like stating his identity if the the stranger wouldn't state his. Why should one gain such information they themselves are not willing to give? Hideki also noticed that the jacket the other man handed to him was also ignored as if it didn't exist. 'And they call me weird...' He would think calmly to himself as he looked over to the other person.

It seemed the other stranger was rummaging through some cabinets, grabbing some scrubs while speaking to himself. After throwing hem to the naked stranger he would look back over to Hideki, apologizing before stating that he doesn't believe he had causing his name. He went on to state Hideki was in an accident, and that as for the invisible monster it was probably just an hallucination. While speaking Hideki noticed the stranger had a serious expression about him, which made him nearly chuckle. Never once had Hideki said the invisible entity was a monster, but merely a thing. Therefore the man's statement betrayed him, as he basically told the boy that already knew he wasn't hallucinating regarding the "accident" a small shred of information regarding the identity of the creature.

Continuing on the stranger mentioned Hideki getting some rest, as as soon as his friend gets dressed they will be on their way. He also assured the boy to not worry about the bill either, as he covered it. He went on to decree that he will see how Hideki is doing tomorrow, as he will be here for a couple days. Finishing his statement he inquired if there was anyone he should contact as well.

"Nope, not really. My family will be fine without me for a couple days and the schoolwork isn't hard either. My friends have lives of their own as well, so really there is no one you need to contact. My name is Hideki, by the way."

He said with a close eyed smile, one which expressed his humor and friendliness at the moment. He would pause for a few seconds before speaking once more.

"Oh, by the way, when have I ever said anything about the invisible thing being a "monster"? All I said was "thing"."

He inquired, making a subtle hint that he knew what he experienced, and that some false statement wouldn't immediately change around his mind and have him believe it was something else.

• Like 1

I glance to see gray dart out the door before continuing my conversation. "sorry by thing I had assumed you meant monster. Am I wrong? Anyways don't worry about it I'm sure it was nothing." i say with a dismissing tone. "I'm Sentei by the way, good to meet you hideki." right as gray returned I went over behind him and grab him by the collier in the back of his shirt. "we'll be leaving now, I hope you get better soon." i say while giving a slight smile. With gray in tow I exit the hospital. After we left the room I let go of gray. "sorry about that, we've got some things to do. I'll explain in a moment but for now we need to figure out how things work here in the wotl." I say while looking around. "First off we need to find a base of operations. I'm open to sudjestions."

• Like 1

"My jacket is ruined, so it shouldn't even be washed, only thrown away~"

Hideki spoke in a dismissive tone to the one stranger, mentally waving it off. Both his shirt and jacket were ruined and useless now due to the creature. The jagged tears in the fabric of both articles was proof enough for Hideki. Such proof which can't be covered up unless the so called "accident" involved him getting attacked by a serrated blade. What kind of idiotic accident could that even possibly be though? Hideki couldn't think of one really at the moment, and he was nearly one hundred percent sure he wouldn't be able to think up one ever.

At this point the man apologized for his assumption of the thing being a monster. He inquired on whether or not he was wrong before telling him not to worry as he was sure it was nothing. Afterwards he announced himself as Sentei and stated that it was a pleasure meeting the blue-haired boy. At this moment the other stranger returned just in time for Sentei to grab him by his shirt and decree that they will be leaving now. After the two had left, Hideki remained alone within his room, looking at nothing in particular as he cracked a small smile.

"Monsters don't exist, only misunderstood things..."

He spoke quietly to himself as he drifted off to sleep, resting after such a hectic day.

• Like 1

(Sorry it took me so long to post)

I saw someone watching in the distance right when akira started talking. I caught everything up to "why must you man handle me?" Looking back to my friend I noticed too late he was taking a swing at me. I was only able to take a step back before he hit me, only slightly lessening the blow. Clutching my stomach I curse how weak gigai this made me under my breath. *how the hell do humans fight wars like this?* "what was that for?!" I said with a mildly hurt expression.

Regaining my composure I resolve to explain why I had to drag him away. "I'd rather not a human find out about hollows, for his own safety. During our conversation he was able to figure out too much. So I decided the best course of action would be to watch him from afar rather then possibly dragging him into something he couldn't handle." I explain with a calculating look.

• Like 1

There was a Shrine located in Tokyo, which was at the top of a large hill, wading off any visitors who dared acknowledge its presence. It left an eerie aura to the city, and was regarded as territory one should not enter, leaving many tales of the mysterious figure who roamed the forbidden lands. That mysterious figure was Shiro Shihoin, a Shinigami from the Soul Society whom has experienced a gruesome fate, but has kept his hold on life. Ever since his exile from the Soul Society at a young age by suspicion of murder, he took refuge at an abandoned shrine in the World of the Living. It was only after a while, had he created a barrier around the perimeter of the shrine kept hollows at bay and from entering. It was a safe zone; a place where he could have peace of mind and remain to his self doing experiments in secret. This barrier which he had set up also had another side effect; non spiritual beings would be unable to see the path which led to the shrine and it would appear to not exist, but only spiritually aware beings could sense its existence.

Shiro sat in a chair with his hands resting upon the arms, staring at the candles which illuminated the main room of the building which surrounded the shrine. A lush bamboo forest surrounded the entire perimeter with only a single path which led to the entrance of the Shrine. He had rarely seen the beauty and happiness of the world, but rather the sorrow and tragedy. It was raining outside as he glared out one of the windows, he could hear the water droplets pounding on the roof and the thunder which resonated followed by a bright flash of lightning. Night had come as the sun set, and all Shiro could do is wait for the sun to rise once again. Holding a small book in his hand, it was open to a page titled The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." Shiro had a deep and developed passion which had arisen from his time in the World of the Living. He heavily loved earthly literature, poetry, and works of art. This was due to there being a stash of old literature within the building with texts and writings that was rather dusty and antique as if they had not been touched in centuries. These gave Shiro a true feeling of reality.

Edited by Brighter than White
  • Like 1

Hideki watched as both people left, leaving him alone inside the hospital room once more. He would simply lie there, watching the television that was conveniently left on. A documentary would be showing, one specifically about the history of the town. It was, to say the least, boring. Hideki just viewed such things to be boring and useless. To already research already documented history is such a waste of time yet people exactly like the self proclaimed "experts" upon do just that. They just waste their skills away on things like this instead of doing something better or more worthwhile. History is bound to repeat itself if forgotten, though dwell too much on it and the future is lost as well.

He would reach over to the small table nearby, grabbing a glass of water off of it and bringing it close to his lips as he wished to take a drink, though before he knew it, the liquid itself began to ripple as if something fell into it. More and more frequently it would ripple until it seemingly began to rise up from it's glass home. It ceased though as Hideki remove the object from his lips and observed the liquid. He didn't even tip the glass yet, though already it had tried to escape it and enter his mouth, almost as if it had a mind of its own. It's impossible for a liquid such as water to move on its own like that though, even more so that it would suddenly stop as if nothing had happened. It was, in Hideki's opinion, disturbing.

It didn't take very long for him to put two and two together. He knew that something about him was different than before, and so he must preform a test. He'd bring the glass of water close to him once more and looked at it, noticing the ripples faintly appearing within the surface of the drink. It was confirmed now for sure. Something was indeed different, and it interested him. Could it perhaps work on other objects as well, except with different effects? Could it work on people even? He must find out. He would plant his focus upon the television itself, staring at the metallic box surrounding the fragile insides, and after a few minutes, the picture would change to pure static. He'd try it a few more times upon different things: Lights? Can flicker on and off, Sheets? Can make them move by themselves off of his body and then back on, people? Nothing but a weird look was given to him when he tried it on a nurse, though he did get his glass refilled.

He decided that that was more than enough testing for that night, choosing to instead explore more into it tomorrow. Hideki's eyes closed and he peacefully rested, his consciousness slipping into a world of impossibilities called "dreams". Hideki couldn't dream though, for all of his life he had neither dreams nor nightmares, just a second or so of darkness. Tonight would be no different except for the fact that he barely even had his eyes closed before he felt a sudden surge of energy course through his veins. They reopened once more, and Hideki looked at nothing in particular. 'Is this what feeling motivated feels like...' He wondered to himself as he looked at his hands for a second, a weird feeling coming from them.

That was when he saw it: a small green spark emitted from his fingers. He blinked for a second or two, wondering what just happened. It was no mere illusion though as the small sparks grew in number, forming a small orb in Hideki's hand which would suddenly erupt, causing a flash of green light and leaving behind a pair of clawed gloves which covered both hands. Looking at the gloves, which were design to have an plating of sorts cover the bases of the hands with smaller plates covering the fingers, leaving behind small glimpses of the black covering under it, Hideki wondered what they were for exactly. He grew a sudden urge to flick his hand forwards though, and the urge was no ordinary one, but one which one just couldn't ignore for very long, and as soon as he did flick his hand forwards, the clawed tips upon his fingers shot out, glowing green threads showing them connected with the glove itself and lighting the way to where the tips penetrated, revealing them embedded within a fire extinguisher.

"Hmmm...."

Curious, he pulled his hand back, though he never expected what happened next, nor did he expect the throbbing pain on his face to come so quickly, nor did he expect the air to be so cold as he feel from the upper floors of the hospital. 'Well... That hurt a lot..." He said as the metallic object fell from the building as well along with some broken glass. Looking above, Aiden finally noticed the conveniently placed window behind him and realized that he was falling to the hard pavement below. 'This is definitely dandy...'

• Like 2

As I was finishing talking I noticed akira getting angry again. *was it something I said?* aikra started to talk again but I was still thinking about the person that was watching us. They gave me a pit in my stomach that I couldn't explain. Akira finished talking and had started throwing more punches at me. "I didn't have time to tell you akira. If we're not careful that boy may die. He's probably already a target to hollows now." I said this all the while dodging and redirecting his punches. Akria soon backed up and opened the door to hidekis room. "If you're going to fight me let's ta..." right then I noticed something was wrong in hidekis room. I saw the boy raise his hand then the likeness of green threads shot from them. He pulled back and all I could think was *oh shit* before he went flying through window. Running in right behind akria I too jumped through the window. *god this is a bad idea* i thought as I jumped out the window and gave myself a boost by kicking off the ceiling. Rocketing myself towards the ground. Passing both hideki and akira before landing below them, crouching as I landed to lessen the fall. I gritted my teeth and prepared myself for the worst.

• Like 1

Seeing himself fall from a great height didn't make Hideki scared, or frightened, or even fazed really. It was almost peaceful to him. The wind resistance pushing against his back, the rushing waves of air blowing alongside his being, the surge of energy he had growing within him as one would imagine an adrenaline rush would. Honestly, this was a nice feeling to have in such a dangerous and fatal situation. Where the next second meant Hideki becomes the newest sidewalk-covering.

A familiar face quickly caught up with him though, yelling at him to grab onto his hand. 'If I do that.. The fire extinguisher will be lonely...' He boy would think to himself in a joking manner as he grabbed onto Akira's hand with he left hand, and the top of the extinguisher with his right hand, squeezing both tightly as he he didn't wish to be let go. Now, he simply waited to be saved.

Ooc sorry for small post. 4AM and I did like nine other posts today along with some very personal stuff @.@

• Like 1

Sentei looked up expecting too see hidaki and akria flailing around or at least trying to control their fall. Instead he saw akria pulling out a business card. *when the hell did he make those?* deciding not to be passive and just catch them he concludes that the best course of action to to jump up to them. Not even a moment after he had reached the ground he jumped back up towards them. Once he reached them sentei grabbed hidaki by the arm and roundhouse kicked akria aiming back inside through a window. Right after he kicked akira sentei threw hidaki in after him yelling "catch!" *i'll have to apologize for this later. Its the best I could come up with.* throwing hidaki caused sentei to fly back. Utilizing a lamp post he dropped at a controlled rate. After he had finished he brushed off his clothes. Sparing only a moment to realize a kid witnessed everything and was standing across the street with his mouth wide open. The poor kid had even dropped his ice cream. *shit, I just made that kids day. Even though no one will believe him*

• Like 1