Ben

Deadly Nightshade

Setting: Nightshade Mansion; Tokyo suburban areas

|Background|

Charles Nightshade is an 18 year old spiritually aware human, with black hair, golden eyes, pale white complexion, and a moderate height. He is a fourth year at Murasaki High and the son of a rich and honorable family. His father (Akira) ruled global corporations that had a large impact on trade and exports, giving their family prestige and nobility among the world. He lived within a large and marvelous mansion which was one of a kind with modern technology and even top-secret and classified additions such as hologram installations with AI programming. He was outgoing, charming, joking, smart, and a caring individual. Charles was often known as a womanizer at high school to the slightest degree, but he had his own limits and moral code. He loved physics and scientific advances of the society which the World of the Living had to offer.

|The Beginning of a New Tale|

Charles awoke in his enormous bedroom with an alarm clock ringing for several minutes. Outside the door, the feminine voice of his mother (Juri) could be heard. "Charles, its time for school." Getting up slowly he rubs his eyes and looks at the time on the alarm clock to notice it is 5:30 A.M.. He sighs and begins to mutter a sentence. "Just thirty more days of school and I am out for summer break. Then I will have plenty of time so I can advance my studies." After a few moments, he was now fully dressed in his School Uniform. Leaving his room, he heads downstairs into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Opening the cabinet, he pulls out Frosted Flakes placing the box on the table then grabs a bowl on the counter. Now he had to get the milk. heading over to the refrigerator, he opens the door and grabs a quarter jug out. He finally grabs a spoon and makes his cereal perfectly how he normally would. Father was sitting across from him reading a newspaper on the global conflicts, with war being constant. "So son, how are your grades?" Father was rather strict on his son forcing him to apply himself in school so he could be as successful as himself and was often nosy in terms of how Charles was doing in school, but Charles was always a straight A's student and generally got the highest marks on exams. Last year he went on to ace all his exams after intensive studying and receiving an invitation from one of the most elite colleges in Tokyo. Charles looks up at father who lowered the newspaper looking at him in the eyes. "Still at the top of my class" he says with a slight smile on his face. Father chuckles with a glowing smile on his face. "That's my boy. That is what I wanted to hear." Charles finishes his breakfast, putting his bowl in the sink, he was nearly ready to leave for school. Grabbing his backpack, he looked inside to make sure he had everything he needed for class. His classes he were currently enrolled in were Calculus, Physics, and English (Note: this is a foreign language due to where he lives), Computer Science, Trigonometry, and Japanese, which were mostly AP (Advanced Placement) classes. He is also the President of the Student Council at his School, making him a very busy and hard working person. Mother appears from behind him with a comforting glare on her face. "Have a good day Charles." Nodding he smiles without saying anything, but she knew he would do his best. Grabbing his backpack, he opens the door of his mansion taking a few steps outside before turning around to hear Charles' younger sister (Yuuki, Age 12) comes running outside in her pajamas. "Charles, please play a game with me when you come back." With a bright smile on his face, he pats her on the head. "Ofcourse, Yuuki. We will play your favorite game when I return from school." Waving goodbye, he finally heads out for school, for what seems like a normal day to him.

OOC|

Charles Nightshade:

Gilbert_sama__colorized__by_Serexth.jpg

The Nightshade Mansion:

Kotoura-san+04+5.JPG

It was a decent day in a busy section of a town in the world of the living, one which nothing really was occurring. The busy crowds moved throughout the city, some heading home, others heading towards their jobs, a few sight seeing and out and about, looking for things to do, people to meet, places to eat, or even a nice place to relax. Out of these people though only a select few, titled "spiritually aware", would actually be able to see a strange sight in the sky. It seemed a black cloud of what, if one was able to see in a decent detail of such a sight from a distance, appeared to be bats crowding together, forming into a coffin-shaped object which shot through the sky. Hidden hollows stared at the strange sight, a few even roaring before going off on their own little adventures, trying to make their way to the source of this weird object. In the sky though, within this coffin shaped object, was a different story.

Aiden, a four foot nine boy wearing baggy Shinigami clothing, had deactivated his Shikai as he was within the encompassing darkness. He kept punching and pushing against the sides of the coffin, trying to get out while a weird feeling arose through him. He felt lighter than before, and at some points he could feel his feet rise from the ground. It was obvious to him he was falling from a great distance through the sky, and he was trapped within this odd form of transportation, unable to brace himself for the landing. He was breathing rapidly, not wanting to learn what a fall for a great height feels like, even for a Shinigami such as himself. "Dammit, dammit, dammit!" He yelled in rapid succession as he was in a panic. His hazel eyes shut tightly as he tried to formulate thoughts within his mind. He needed to think fast, he needed to remember the lessons at the academy and hoped he learned something that may help him.

As he thought, he remembered something that may prove useful, thankfully even though he was the lazy type at the academy he still took his time to learn this, as he knew it would be helpful in the future. He used whatever little room he had to unsheathe his blade, holding it out against the wooden surface vertically in front of him. He then placed the back of his right wrist against the dull side of blade. "Bakudo #8, Geki!" He yelled frantically as a light, transparent green orb formed upon the back of his wrist, acting normally until it made contact with the blade, which then it caused a huge force to release itself upon the blade, slicing through the wood and weakening it. Aiden then placed his feet against the damaged part while his back was against the opposite side, where he then used all of his forced to break the locked lid open. As soon as he broke it open he fell out, his clothing and medium length brown hair flapping around in the rushing wind as he continued his descent.

He tried to focus his reiryoku into his hands as he reached out, trying to create a ledge for him to grab a hold of, though the only result that occurred was his descent slowing down, right now that would suffice for him. He was about 20 feet above the ground when the last attempt causing him to accidentally flip backwards, forcing a hard landing upon his upper body, specifically around his neck-shoulder area, has he made impact with the grassy ground. A small cloud of dust and dirt came up from the hard impact, slightly covering the knocked out boy is a thin layer of earth. He was alive though, and that was his main goal, to survive, now he can rest peacefully for now and worry about how to return to the soul society later when he's rested, as signified by his already soft breathing as he slept right where he landed.

• Like 1

Charles had started walking, walking down the stairs, only to look up and witness a strange sight. "A flying coffin? I must be hallucinating." Looking back down at the central water fountain of the property in the courtyard, he thought he heard someone yelling something in Japanese. He could not understand what it was though. He heard a sound above him now, looking up he notices the coffin breaking open and a figure falling out. It was slightly over twenty feet from his estimations, and a fall from that distance head first would be deadly. He was too far to make it in time to attempt to catch the figure who magically appeared from the sky. The male had landed hard on the ground in the grass. A small cloud of dust had filled the area. He drops his backpack and runs over to the figure noticing he appeared unconscious, and possibly dead. He placed his hand at the neck area to feel a pulse, and noted that he was in fact still alive. "Taking him inside might be the best option." Charles' mother was a Nurse so she could help him for the time being. He picks up the young teenager and carries him back inside. Mother peeks around the corner. "Charles, whats wro-" Pausing for a moment she notices and runs up to him. "What happened to him?" Charles continues to hold him in his arms but looks at mother with a rather confusing aura. "I don't know mother. I saw him in the streets and he looked really injured. Maybe you can see if he is alright." Charles made sure not to inform them there was a flying coffin and he fell out of it. It would make him look like a fool, even though he saw it with his own eyes. Mother nods accordingly. "Charles, bring him to the guest room. I will take a look at him in there." He takes the young teenager into the room and lays him on the bed lightly. "Well. Maybe I should be heading to school now. Its nearly the end of the year and I cannot miss a day." Mother smiles lightly. "Yes, I will look over him while you are gone. You will be late if you do not hurry." Charles nods knowing full well high school was becoming very important at the very end of his fourth year. Exams were coming close and he could not afford to miss those. Running outside he grabs his backpack that was lying on the ground and heads to school this time with no interruptions.

Edited by False Grit
  • Like 1

As Aiden awoke he was inside some kind of room, laying on some weird bed. The door itself was closed and he appeared to be alone. From the sun lowering itself it had to be around three to four in the afternoon. "W-where am I?.." The boy said as he held the back of his head. It throbbed from the sudden pain which happened upon it. "Ugh, that damn guy, sending me to the human world..." He spoke silently as he walked over to a mirror, only to realize something weird. He was wearing a shirt with the face of a magikarp etched upon the front, along with a pair of blue jeans and some tennis shoes. He rubbed the back of his head some more as he began to recall the previous events. "That's right.. I remember getting into my gigai before I crash landed.." He mumbled as he noticed something even weirder. His sword was missing. Even if it was hidden he'd know where it was hidden, but it appeared that during the crash, that he may have lost it somewhere. "Baka..." He growled to himself, glaring at nothing in particular as he walked over to the bedroom door, opening it in order to find out where exactly in the hell he is.

• Like 1

Mother walks through he house to come across the male figure. "I see you have awoken. My son had found you unconscious on the streets so he brought you here to be taken care of. He should be getting home any minute now." Approximately a minute and a half later, a key is placed into the front door and the handle turns and it opens revealing it to be Charles. Mother yells across the house to Charles. "Charles, he is a awake! Come and see him." Charles lays down his backpack and heads over to the guest room. Scratching his head, he looks at the young male. He eventually responds to him in a formal manner. "You seem alright. Let me introduce my family. I am Charles Nightshade. This is my mother Juri, and father Akira is at work. My little sister Yuuki is most likely in her room upstairs right now." Footsteps can be heard running down the stairs and could be none other than Yuuki. "Charles!" Yuuki runs up and hugs her big brother tightly and looks at the male with confused eyes. "Who is this, big brother?" Looking down at her, he smiles. "He is someone who was hurt. I brought him here so mommy could take good care of him. He is our friend now." Yuuki smiles brightly like a young child ever would. "Oh, big brother. Your awesome! Now he can play with us!" Yuuki begins to jump up and down excitedly beginning to confuse Charles. Maybe Yuuki had grown to have a crush on him? He just assumed that Yuuki would enjoy another person to play with. Charles had no idea what was going on, but Yuuki's smile made him happy. Looking at the male, Charles decides to ask him some questions to learn more about him. He asked politely and gave off a calm aura. "What is your name?"

• Like 1

"I see you have awoken. My son had found you unconscious on the streets so he brought you here to be taken care of. He should be getting home any minute now." A feminine voice spoke from Aiden's blindside, causing him to turn around and face a human woman. "Charles, he is a awake! Come and see him." The woman yelled, making Aiden cringe a bit from the headache he already had from landing on his head. "What's this about being unconscious on the street..." His voice trailed off as he saw can older fellow with black hair and yellow eyes, speaking in a formal manner. "You seem alright. Let me introduce my family. I am Charles Nightshade. This is my mother Juri, and father Akira is at work. My little sister Yuuki is most likely in her room upstairs right now." Ah great, of a the places Aiden had to crash into, it had to be the home of a rich family.. Hopefully they're not a bunch of loud, obnoxious, cra-"Charles!" And... Aiden is wrong, as a loud voice belonging to a preteen girl made his headache worse. "Who is this, big brother?" The girl asked Charles while hugging him. Aiden was slightly disturbed that a preteen was a mere three inches shorter than him, as it reminded himself that he's short for his own age too, which annoyed the heck out of him. "He is someone who was hurt. I brought him here so mommy could take good care of him. He is our friend now." Isn't she older than six now? Why would Charles need to speak to her like that? Are the people here just weird enough to keep her believing she's still a small child? "Oh, big brother. Your awesome! Now he can play with us!" The girl, whom Aiden assumed was Yuuki, began to jump up and down excitedly. Aiden rubbed the back of his neck, trying to figure out his to say no without making her feel sad. "What is your name?" Aiden pointed at himself for a second before realizing that he was the person the guy was talking to, as everyone else was a dang family member. "Aiden... Aiden Parker. I'm a transfer student from the Hoenin reigion. It's a very small region off the coast of Japan. My parents sent me here to get a better education but it turns out that it was a huge, sick joke, as right when I arrived I got jumped, beaten up, and left on the street." Aiden replied to Charles. It was a perfectly valid and believable lie he came up with, one which would fool even professionals.

• Like 1

Charles listened to him speak as he mentioned the past events leading up to now. He knew they were completely a bluff, but he had no other choice but to go with the flow to prevent further confusion. "It is a pleasure to meet you Aiden. I am sure my parents could not say no if you need a place to stay for the time being, but for now you should probably get some rest. I know your not feeling well by the looks of it." The doorknob opens and father walks in the house home from work. "Whats going on here?" he says in a moderate and stern tone. He notices Aiden and looks over at Charles. "A friend?" He nods slowly, but with half effort as he could not say for sure if they were friends already or not. "I guess you could say that father. We met just this morning on the way to school in a more unexpected manner as you could say." Father gives him a deep stare. "Well. I guess I can't say anything. After all, you do bring a lot of your friends home when your not busy." Father sits on the couch and turns on the Television now ignoring any further activity as he watches a soap opera. Charles runs upstairs into his room and decides he should start his researching and price calculations for the Student Council as he is the President of the Club and they have a festival in the upcoming week. Mother continues to watch Aiden carefully as he does not look like he is feeling very well. "Do you need some painkiller? Your head must be hurting." While Mother was dealing with Aiden, Yuuki ran back up the stairs into her room and slammed the door loudly. Father jumps out of his seat and yells at the top of his lungs. "Yuuki! I told you not to do that again!" Sitting back down he continues to absorb himself to the Television. Charles remained in his room, but managed to release a sigh after being distracted from his work. "Them two sure are something." Mother looks behind her as the distractions were occurring. "They are too loud." Turning back to Aiden she sighs smiles. "Go back into the guest room and get some sleep Aiden. I will bring you some painkillers to help you feel better so you can rest."

• Like 1

"It is a pleasure to meet you Aiden. I am sure my parents could not say no if you need a place to stay for the time being, but for now you should probably get some rest. I know your not feeling well by the looks of it." Aiden viewed this as a chance for him to stay in the general vicinity, at least until he can find his sword. He knew for sure it was somewhere outside, but it could be anywhere out there, and judging by the size of this house, the outside area must be even larger. "Whats going on here?" A deeper voice said in a moderate and stern tone. "A friend?" Aiden turned around, facing what appeared to be Charles's father. "I guess you could say that father. We met just this morning on the way to school in a more unexpected manner as you could say." Aiden watched the father give him a deep stare in response, most likely as though he was annoyed by the existence of another. "Well. I guess I can't say anything. After all, you do bring a lot of your friends home when your not busy." This was Aiden's chance to get some answers from Charles as to where the heck his sword went. Since Charles is the one that found him Charles would be the one with the answer. He turned around to tail him when suddenly, the guy's mom begins to speak. "Do you need some painkiller? Your head must be hurting." Aiden spun around to face her, a large and forced grin on his face. "No thank you ma'am, I think I'll be fin-" he flinched a little bit, stopping mid sentence due to the sudden childish preteen girl slamming her door and the jerkwad of a father yelling at the top of his lungs. 'I wonder if the soul society will let me count them as hollows...' Aiden thought to himself, deeply annoyed but still keeping his forced smile. "Them two sure are something. They are too loud. Go back into the guest room and get some sleep Aiden. I will bring you some painkillers to help you feel better so you can rest." Aiden put both of his hands up in protest. "No, no, I'm fine really. Actually I need to ask Charles about um.. School.." His voice trailed off as he sprinted up the steps, reaching what he would assume is Charles's room, slamming the door. If mister Akira, Charles's father, yelled something at Aiden, Aiden would respond with an equally loud "shuddup!", but if Charles's fath didn't say anything, Aiden will not say anything to the man in return. Aiden looked over to Charles. "Okay, since you found me, you should know where my sword is so.. Where is it?"

Charles was continuing to work on his school festival work, until the door opened and was slammed. Surprisingly father did not say anything, but it was most likely him not wanting to be rude to the house guest. Aiden was the one who had stood before him. "Whats up?" he asked politely. Aiden had immediately prepared his response, and was very straightforward. "Okay, since you found me, you should know where my sword is so.. Where is it?" Charles looked at him, noticing that he was mentioning the events from earlier, but a sword? 'What is going on.' he thought to himself as he pondered the question about this sword. "Wouldn't it be around where you landed coming out of that flying coffin?" He formed a proper response hoping it was something that Aiden was looking for, but he didn't understand anything from the chain of events that have occurred today. "I know you are lying about being beat up, but I will keep your secret safe, but how about we go look outside together." Charles would put off his festival work until later so he could help his friend find something which appeared important to him. He really did not notice the sword falling, but after all, he did not witness the whole situation. He opens the door to his room, going down the stairs to the front door and opens it only for father turns and looks at Charles stopping him in his tracks. "Why are you going outside? Shouldn't you be doing schoolwork?" Charles smiles, but brushes it off. "Sorry father. I need to show my friend Aiden the estate." Father chuckles for a moment. "Alright son, you two have fun." The estate had several facilities for a variety of sports such as Tennis, Swimming, Basketball, and many more. It had more interesting features such as a large Greenhouse for growing crops, and a movie theater for viewing a wide variety of films. The property in which lived on was one of the largest in the city, but the main concern was this "sword" in which Aiden wanted, not the property, and Charles knew it full well. Opening the door of the estate, he walks outside.

• Like 1

Aiden nodded his head and followed Charles out of the room. He HAD to find his sword, as he didn't exactly have the physical strength to go hand-to-hand with a hollow. As they went down the stairs Charles's father, Akira, stopped them. "Why are you going outside? Shouldn't you be doing schoolwork?" Aiden could see Charles smile at his dad. "Sorry father. I need to show my friend Aiden the estate." Strangely, the stiff knew how to chuckle, as he did just that before replying. "Alright son, you two have fun." Almost right on command, Aiden sprinted past the two, heading outside where he saw multiple facilities, a greenhouse, and a theater. "I never saw this before, even when I was alive.." Charles, whom of which came outside shortly after Aide , would hear Aiden say right before the boy did something peculiar. It appeared as though he split into two, as his body fell to the ground, while another one, which wore baggy black robes of that of a Shinigami, stood there, looking around. He turned his head back to Charles. "Where did The coffin land?"

Charles walked outside to hear a voice. "I never saw this before, even when I was alive.." Charles smiles lightly and chuckles. "Well, you should pay more attention to yo-" As he was in the middle of his sentence, he noticed the body of young Aiden fall to the floor and a figure stood in his place with a black baggy robe which turned around and looked at him in the eyes. He looked identically like Aiden, which started to confuse him more and more with the amount of events he could not comprehend. He was still Aiden though, right? He began to wonder if he was hallucinating again looking down at the body on the ground wearing the Magikarp t-shirt. He had to assume he was not dreaming. Looking back up at who he guessed was Aiden, he attempts to formulate a clean response. "Err. Um, it landed over there, Aiden." Pointing at the fountain, there were several pieces of remnants of the coffin which lied on the ground in that area. Walking over to the fountain he heard a loud roar in the distance getting closer. "What the..." A large orange lizard looking monster with its tail on fire appears from around the corner towering about two stories high, looking directly at Charles. It roared once again and closed in towards him. "This is not good." He had no clue what on Earth that monster was, and knew this situation was not good at all. "What do we do!"

OOC|

The Hollow:

006Charizard.png

Aiden listens to what Charles said while a small smirk appeared upon his face. "Huh, turns out you CAN see spirits. I wasn't joking about never seeing anything like this place even when I was alive. I meant what I said, 100%. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction." Aiden spoke as he began to lightly run over to the fountain, where several remnants over the coffin were. As Aiden looked around he didn't see anything. "Nonononono..." He said as he heard a loud roar, when which a hollow would make. Suddenly, a large, orange lizard like hollow with fire on the tip of its tail appeared. It was an easy two stories high and it was staring directly at Charles. "What do we do?!"

Aiden himself looked at the hollow and began laughing out loud. It looked exactly like a Charizard from Pokemon. Aiden continued to laugh, sounding a little bit like a child, until he stopped suddenly. The hollow was large, but it was a low level weak hollow, something that wouldn't be hard for him to defeat at all. Almost immediately Aiden held both hands up, pointing them at the hollow. "Hado #30, Shakkaho!" He yelled as a column of red energy emerged, flying towards and disintegrating the creature's head, causing it to dissipate. Aiden always like Shakkaho and practiced the most with it, thus allowing him to be more proficient with it than most others at his strength. After the hollow disappeared Aiden began looking through the coffin pieces again, but to no avail. He have out a deep, annoyed sigh as he walked back to Charles. "It's not there. Ugh, seems I'll be stuck in the human world for a longer while than I thought. C'mon, let's head back to my body so I can put it on and you can tell me about this school you're going to. It seems interesting." He told this person with a friendly smile on his face. His headache finally subsided, and it was beginning to get dark out.

• Like 1

Charles chuckles for a moment even though he is slightly afraid. "Yeah, I have been spirits and the so called ghosts my entire life. Although, this one is definitely out of the ordinary." He gets back behind Aiden who seems to laugh, but that is not what caught his attention the most. He then spoke something which sounded like an incantation in Japanese. "HadÅ #30, ShakkahÅ!" A column of red energy appeared from his hands, almost like a small fiery flame which flew towards the monster disintegrating its head. It disappeared which surprised him. "What just happened?" he questioned himself. Today became more and more strange as he thought about it. He helped Aiden look for the sword, looking though bushes and in places which nobody would look, but it proved worthless. He looks over at Aiden as he hears him speak. "It's not there. Ugh, seems I'll be stuck in the human world for a longer while than I thought. C'mon, let's head back to my body so I can put it on and you can tell me about this school you're going to. It seems interesting." He follows Aiden to go "put on" his other body. He had so many questions, but first he would answer his question with a bright smile. "I am a fourth year at Murasaki High School. I am very popular if not the most popular due to being rich, smart, and often called handsome, but its nothing special in my eyes. I tend to have a huge following of females which even made a fan club for me, but I am not interested in it. I am the President of the Student Council which does leave me very busy, but at least my final year there is wrapping up so I will have more time to myself. My studies is important for my future so I do focus most of my time preparing for major tests. I generally have the highest marks on my exams every year, so I guess you could say I am the smartest, although I am not one to brag. I just push myself to impress my parents and so I can get a degree in Computer Science at the most elite college in the city. Its always been my biggest dream." Pausing for a moment, he had basically told his ambitions in life as well as his basic school life. Looking at Aiden he asks him a hopefully simple question since Aiden had mentioned he would be stuck in the human world for a while. "Where are you really from and can you tell me about it? You definitely do not appear from this world." he asks while scratching his head.

"I am a fourth year at Murasaki High School. I am very popular if not the most popular due to being rich, smart, and often called handsome, but its nothing special in my eyes. I tend to have a huge following of females which even made a fan club for me, but I am not interested in it. I am the President of the Student Council which does leave me very busy, but at least my final year there is wrapping up so I will have more time to myself. My studies is important for my future so I do focus most of my time preparing for major tests. I generally have the highest marks on my exams every year, so I guess you could say I am the smartest, although I am not one to brag. I just push myself to impress my parents and so I can get a degree in Computer Science at the most elite college in the city. Its always been my biggest dream."

Well.... That was a mouthful.. A bunch of fan girls, highest marks, popular, student council. Aiden took a few trips to the human world before and because of those trips the situation which is happening now made him wonder what would happen if he dropped a black notebook on the ground or act like he just gave the guy a mind control power, though then again he shouldn't start any craziness but the thought made him smile playfully. Aiden reached his gigai at this point, picking it up and entering it while Jonathan spoke. "Where are you really from and can you tell me about it? You definitely do not appear from this world." The guy asked while scratching his head. Aiden looked at him, slightly confused at first until he himself pulled at the skin in his arms. "Ugh, these things are always uncomfortable... Anyways I'm kind of from here and kind of not. I died from getting my head smashed in with a car door when I was eight, and another Shinigami found me and did something called "konso", which sends spirits to either hell or the afterlife. The afterlife, called the "Soul Society", is where I was sent. At the soul society there are these large, and I mean far bigger than this place you people have large living areas called districts. There are eighty districts in each direction, and the higher the number, the poorer it is. I got stuck with district seventy six, but was lucky enough to have a family and thus I was raised there until I reached the form I'm at today. I'd also be pretty stupid if it weren't for the Shinigami academy. At the Shinigami academy, a spirit with a decent amount of spiritual power can enter and learn how to become these stronger beings called Shinigami, or otherwise known as death gods. At the academy one can stay for as long as they like if I understand things correctly, and the years you spend learning new things range from one to six. I was able to graduate on year two, though it wasn't really due to skill or popularity or intelligence as much as it was that the exam is decently easy. After one graduates from the academy they go to one of 13 military organizations called the thirteen court guard squads, each one specializing in something. I haven chosen a squad yet exactly, as I kept jumping from one to another. The flying coffin bit came after this as there was a war happening with some people that banded together and formed an organization called the revolutionary division. During the battle some douchebag kidnapped me by pushing me into the coffin and sending me to the human world where yadadadadada happened and here we are today. I think I killed him though, as I felt his presence disappear right before I was sent away. Anyways do you want more? I'm willing to explain as much as I can but I also need to know what exactly your school is like, as I never went to a human world high school and I need to know so I don't end up screwing things up for us. We should head back up to your room to chat though, so no one hears us talk about this." Jonathan walked inside Charles's house, waiting on his friend so he can follow him to his room.

• Like 1

Charles noticed Aiden staring off into the distance with a random smile. "What could he be up to?" he thought to himself with a slight chuckle. Aiden had entered the other body, and then looked at him confused then he began to speak. "Ugh, these things are always uncomfortable... Anyways I'm kind of from here and kind of not. I died from getting my head smashed in with a car door when I was eight, and another Shinigami found me and did something called "konso", which sends spirits to either hell or the afterlife. The afterlife, called the "Soul Society", is where I was sent." Charles had started to ponder already what had happened. "He died here, and went there? So there is an afterlife after all. He even mentioned Shinigami's, a death god." He listened to Aiden more regarding his past and the afterlife in which he came from. "At the soul society there are these large, and I mean far bigger than this place you people have large living areas called districts. There are eighty districts in each direction, and the higher the number, the poorer it is. I got stuck with district seventy six, but was lucky enough to have a family and thus I was raised there until I reached the form I'm at today. I'd also be pretty stupid if it weren't for the Shinigami academy. At the Shinigami academy, a spirit with a decent amount of spiritual power can enter and learn how to become these stronger beings called Shinigami, or otherwise known as death gods. At the academy one can stay for as long as they like if I understand things correctly, and the years you spend learning new things range from one to six. I was able to graduate on year two, though it wasn't really due to skill or popularity or intelligence as much as it was that the exam is decently easy. After one graduates from the academy they go to one of 13 military organizations called the thirteen court guard squads, each one specializing in something. I haven chosen a squad yet exactly, as I kept jumping from one to another. The flying coffin bit came after this as there was a war happening with some people that banded together and formed an organization called the revolutionary division. During the battle some douchebag kidnapped me by pushing me into the coffin and sending me to the human world where yadadadadada happened and here we are today. I think I killed him though, as I felt his presence disappear right before I was sent away. Anyways do you want more? I'm willing to explain as much as I can but I also need to know what exactly your school is like, as I never went to a human world high school and I need to know so I don't end up screwing things up for us. We should head back up to your room to chat though, so no one hears us talk about this."

Charles had just discovered how the Coffin came to appear. It had traveled with him here from the "Soul Society". It was a lot of information for him to take in, but Charles had absorbed it all. Pondering on the situation, he started to wonder more and more, but he would not ask for the time being waiting until they got into his room. Charles walked inside heading back into his room. Father had caught him halfway up the stairs with a curious glare in his eyes. "Well you two were not gone for so long, how did it go?" Charles smiles playfully. "It was pretty good, I just gave him a basic rundown as we both came to agree it would be one long tour." Charles then ran up into his room and if Aiden was behind him, he would shut the door and begin talking about his school to him. "Murasaki High is a very interesting school, to say the least. I do have one this girl I like there, but I myself have never had the courage to ask her out." He begins to blush slightly. "Moving on, a human school is composed of classes, which you should be familiar with, even in the afterlife. After each class, we go to the next one, and halfway through the day is lunch. I often eat on the roof with my best friends. Nothing special, but it's what I like. I often have after school duties as I am the President, but it is manageable. Is there anything else you would like to know or something specific?"

Edited by False Grit
  • Like 1

"Well you two were not gone for so long, how did it go?" Aiden noticed Charles's father giving them a curious glare. Did the guy watch the events unfold? It wasn't like Charles was exactly being quiet when he asked him about what to do. There was something about this man that out Aiden off, but as long as the fact Aiden is a Shinigami stays a secret from them everything will be fine. "It was pretty good, I just gave him a basic rundown as we both came to agree it would be one long tour." As soon as Charles finished he response he sprinted past the guy, heading up the stairs. Aiden himself returned the curious glare, as if he was trying to analyze the guy while walking past him, which the. He followed Charles to his room, where he closed his door. "Murasaki High is a very interesting school, to say the least. I do have one this girl I like there, but I myself have never had the courage to ask her out. Moving on, a human school is composed of classes, which you should be familiar with, even in the afterlife. After each class, we go to the next, and halfway through the day is lunch. I often eat on the roof with my best friends. Nothing special, but it's what I like. I often have after school duties as I am the President, but it is manageable. Is there anything else you would like to know or something specific?"

"Just a few things. Does your school have uniforms that we have to wear? What activities are there to take? What are the people like? And why did you mention your liking a girl to me, someone that could easily obtain more information and possibly leak it out?" He asked that last part playfully, though the parts before that were legitimate questions. One, final one appeared in his young mind. "One more, how're you going to explain my staying here for now to your dad? He doesn't seem to be the most relaxed person?"

Charles had just finished speaking, resting his hands in his pockets firmly. "Just a few things. Does your school have uniforms that we have to wear? What activities are there to take? What are the people like? And why did you mention your liking a girl to me, someone that could easily obtain more information and possibly leak it out?" Charles nods at the first question and replies with a formal response. "Yes, all students are required to wear uniforms at Murasaki High. I am sure my father can get you transferred in just fine. There are many activities such as archery, fencing, swimming, and really anything you can imagine. It is the top high school in the city after all. Regarding the female, I will ask her out another day anyways. I am sure she already knows, but first I would like her to come to me." A slight grin arises on his face. "Also, about staying here. Father is not one to allow people to stay over, but I can discuss it with them." Mother peeks around the corner eavesdropping on the situation. "Of course he can stay here." Father hears mother speaking and turns around with a intensified stare of destruction on his face. "Juri! Stop spitting out nonsense! This is unacceptable!" Mother turns around pointing fingers at Akira. "You listen to me clearly. This is Charles' friend we are talking about here. You let him stay or else I will not spend time with you for an entire month!" Akira's face lowers in slight sadness. "Fine. If he needs a place to stay, then he can remain here as long as he needs. JUST LET ME WATCH MY TELEVISION!" Mother turns around with a bright smile on her face. "Well. It is settled. I believe the butlers and maids are preparing a fine dinner for us tonight." She turns around and runs into the kitchen leaving them unattended. "Well, Aiden. I suppose you can make the guest room your home now."

• Like 1

"Yes, all students are required to wear uniforms at Murasaki High. I am sure my father can get you transferred in just fine. There are many activities such as archery, fencing, swimming, and really anything you can imagine. It is the top high school in the city after all. Regarding the female, I will ask her out another day anyways. I am sure she already knows, but first I would like her to come to me. Also, about staying here. Father is not one to allow people to stay over, but I can discuss it with them." As soon as Charles stopped talking his mother peeked her head into the room, having opened it a little bit. "Of course he can stay here." "Juri! Stop spitting out nonsense! This is unacceptable!" "You listen to me clearly. This is Charles' friend we are talking about here. You let him stay or else I will not spend time with you for an entire month!" "Fine. If he needs a place to stay, then he can remain here as long as he needs. JUST LET ME WATCH MY TV." "Well. It is settled. I believe the butlers and maids are preparing a fine dinner for us tonight." Aiden only stood there, confused at the random event that occurred. "Well, Aiden. I suppose you can make the guest room your home now."

Aiden looked back over to Charles, a humored smile on his face. "Well okay then. If it's settled then Thanks for telling me the info I need." He said in a friendly tone of voice as he walked out of the room to eat with these strange people. Akira is obviously a dick, but he cares for Charles from what Aiden can see. Maybe a bit too nosy. Charles's mother is more worry free, someone Aiden can get along with easily as she seems like a decent person and is about the only one other than Charles that didn't give him a headache. Charles's younger sister, well she's a little shit, and that's about it on that topic. And Charles himself seems like a nice enough person, maybe a tad too formal, but still friendly. Overall it shouldn't be torture to live here for now, should it?

• Like 1

| Timeskip |

It was now Friday morning, the last day of school for the week. Aiden had just been welcomed into the household yesterday. Charles wakes up at the same time as usual, getting dressed wearing his normal school uniform. Father knocks on the door calmly and speaks through the solid wood construct. "Son, I got your friend admitted to your school, by request of your mother. His classes will be just like yours, so please help him out if he has trouble. This is the best I could do." Charles acknowledges his fathers work and speaks back. "No problem. Thanks dad." Akira can be heard chuckling through the door fame. "Well hurry up and get ready." Father's footsteps can be heard fading as he walks down the stairs. He walks out of his room, and heads over to the guest room checking to see if Aiden has awoken and is ready for his first day at a human school. He would help him and tutor him if needed, but for now there seemed their were more priorities other than school. Walking up to the guest room, he knocks on the door. "Aiden, are you awake and ready? We need to go to school. It will be starting very soon." He stands at the door hoping he will open it ready to depart to class for the first time.

• Like 1

"Aiden, are you awake and ready? We need to go to school. It will be starting very soon." The door opens in response to Charles's voice, revealing Aiden standing there, wearing a gray vest over a white dress shirt and red tie. He also wore some black dress pants and some black dress shoes. He appeared to be wide awake, though his hair was still messy. "Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go." He said before before walking past his friend, heading to the front door where he'd wait for Charles to come and lead the way. He was curious about this "school" that he Charles goes to, as the activities sounded expensive, and so does the school itself, what with these rich people going to it only reinforces Aiden's thought. But he guessed as long as they don't touch his hair it shouldn't be too bad.

Charles watched Aiden walk past him in his gray vest over a white dress shirt and red tie. He also wore some black dress pants and some black dress shoes. "Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go." Aiden seemed excited for school in the eyes of Charles which he found interesting. Charles opens the door, with Aiden supposedly following from behind, and butler approaches him, taking a formal bow. "Right this way." Charles nods accordingly and the butler directs them to a limo and opens the door for Charles and Aiden. With both of them supposedly inside, the butler jumps in the driver seat and takes them to school.

They arrive to school on time, and the butler gets out, opening the door for them to exit. Charles gets out and sighs. "Well, lets get going shall we?" he smiles, ready for school to begin. Charles begins to walk towards the entrance of the school. A person pokes him on the shoulder from the back. "Hey, Charles! Who do you think you are, coming to school in such a manner? If you think your cool, your wrong." A group of kids begin to surround Charles in a circle with the main figure standing directly in front of him. "Why, Kurosaki?" Kurosaki, the bully grins with a cold expression on his face, and throws a punch at him knocking Charles down. "Your such a loser. You think your popular because you get all the girls but yet you deny them, and the fact your Student Council President doesn't change anything. Your worthless." Kurosaki begins to smile before he begins to throw another punch. "Stop! Leave Charles alone!" a feminine voice yells as she runs up to him lying on the ground injured and bloody as he got hit in the head. The guys run away into the school muttering. "Why did she have to come at a time like this to rescue him." If Aiden was already outside of the limo walking towards the school also, a suspicious figure wearing a hoody over his head with a ball cap, and had blue jeans came directly behind him with a spray can quickly applying its effect, it would change his hair color to a bright blonde. After spraying quite a bit after several seconds he grimaces, chuckles, then runs away to the inside of the school. The voice of that female in which he heard, and rescued him, was too familiar to Charles. It was the girl he liked, Kira Tsubaki. She had a reddish brown tint in her hair, she was approximately 5'4 and had a moderate white complexion. She was skinny, but she looked average. Her green eyes were known to penetrate the souls of men, but she had a heart for only one person, Charles Nightshade. He saw her face, but not clearly as he had been hit in the head making his vision slightly impaired. "Thanks for rescuing me." he says with the little energy he has left. Kira smiles at him. "Its ok. I didn't want you to get hurt." Charles chuckles at the sound of what she said. The girl he had a crush on for years talking as if she had feelings for him. Was it too early to ask her out? "You know, Kira, this is not something I will ask often, or most likely ever again. Will you go out with me? I know its pretty embarrassing to ask now, but I really would like to." She nods, before smiling brightly looking at Charles who was blushing at the time. "Ofcourse Charles. I would like that very much. You know, I did have a crush on you for a very long time. I could never get myself to tell you." The thought made Charles happy, knowing she liked him for all that time. He couldn't help but smile. Getting up, trying to maintain his balance he looks for Aiden with Kira by his side. "Where did that scoundrel go? We need to get to class."

As Aiden followed Charles out, he saw some butler standing near a limo, taking a formal bow. "Right this way." Aiden followed Charles to the limo, where the butler opens the door and allowed both to enter, shitting the door behind them. The butler then took his seat and drove the to school, Aiden partially amazed at how these roch people get around.

"Well, lets get going shall we?" Charles said while smiling as he opened the door when the limo stopped in front of the school. Aiden got out a followed him while noticing one or two people giving him curious glances. As soon as they neared the entrance though, that's when things got a bit ugly. A person that Aiden didn't know shoves past him, poking Charles on the back. "Hey, Charles! Who do you think you are, coming to school in such a manner? If you think your cool, your wrong." Aiden stepped back as the two faced off, deciding that he won't just bash a guy's head in for being a dick for no reason whatsoever. As Aiden backed off a group of kids formed a circle, surrounding the three of them. "Why, Kurosaki?" Aiden watched Charles ask as Kurosaki, the bully grins with a cold expression on his face, and throws a punch at him knocking Charles down. "Your such a loser. You think your popular because you get all the girls but yet you deny them, and the fact your Student Council President doesn't change anything. Your worthless." Kurosaki begins to smile before he begins to throw another punch. "Stop! Leave Charles alone!" A voice suddenly said as a female ran through the surrounding circle. Seemingly rushing to Charles's aid. The Kurosaki fellow along with the group seemed to move away afterwards, muttering something as the left. Aiden was abiut to say something when suddenly, a suspicious figure wearing a hoody over his head with a ball cap, and had blue jeans came directly behind him with a spray can quickly applying its effect, it would change his hair color to a bright blonde.

Aiden felt the spray being applied to his head, making him blush with anger as he turned around, ready to tear the guy apart. When Aiden saw the guy run into the school, he sprinted after him. As soon as he reached the entryway to the school, Aiden jumped up into the air, spinning around and kicking an older student that tried to stop him in the chest, whereas then he landed on his feet and continued his sprint, following suit. He kept tailing the guy until he reached the bathroom, where he opened the door and entered. "Dead end, jerk." Aiden said to the hooded guy while two others were watching, wondering why a random short kid was chasing after the person.

• Like 1

Charles looked around and noticed Aiden had ran into the school chasing someone with a hoody and blue jeans knocking someone down to pursue him, but his hair had changed colors and was now a bright blonde. "Lets go see what is going on here, shall we Kira? I need to make sure my friend is alright." Kira nods and they head into the school together as they look for Charles friend. Heading into the school, they notice objects pushed aside as the hooded figure and Aiden ended up running through the halls to evade Aiden. The hooded figure kept on running, eventually heading directly in to the bathroom, where Aiden pursued him to. He was cornered with nowhere to go. "Dead end, jerk." he heard from Aiden. The hooded figure pulls a taser out of his pocket and attempts to hit him with it swinging it around as it is charged and ready to zap someone down to the ground. "Don't get close to me! Stay back!" Around that moment, Charles and Kira had tracked them into the males bathroom, which Kira stood patiently outside waiting as Charles opened the door and walked inside to access the situation. The hooded figure looks over at Charles pointing the taser at him. "You stay out of this!"

• Like 1

"Don't get close to me! Stay back!" Aiden heard the taser wielding man say, infuriating him. "Stay back? My ass I will. You'd have a better chance without the taser!" As soon as the hooded figure pointed the taser at Charles, whole of which just arrived, yelling "You stay out of this!", Aiden took advantage of the distraction, using his speed to quickly close in and aim a knee into the guy's gut while using his left hand to keep the guy from using his weapon. If Aiden's knee connects, he will then follow it up by aiming a left hook to the guy's face, and ending it with aiming a vertical kick downwards on the guy in general. If his knee doesn't land, Aiden will attempt two random lunches to throw the guy off his game and following it up with an upwards kick aimed for the guy's face. "Baka!!!" Was all the boy yelled as he carried either of the events out without much care for whom of which was watching.

• Like 1

Charles observed the situation as the hooded man looked over at him. "Stay back? My ass I will. You'd have a better chance without the taser!" Aiden spoke confidently, almost as if he was ready to fight him. Aiden had used his speed, which combined his short size resembling a midget, gave him the upper-hand in the fight. He went in and aimed his knee at the guys gut preparing to disable him. The hooded figure was heavily unprepared as the knee attack connected pushing him back against the wall while his hand was being held to prevent him from using the taser. Suddenly Aiden follows it up with a left hook which hits him in the face, and a kick downwards knocks the figure to the floor, slowly sinking down against the wall. Aiden began to yell relentlessly at the male under the hood. "Baka!!!" Charles was amazed at the agility and speed in which Aiden possessed. "Lets get out of here. We have class to attend. The bell is about to ring." Charles steps out of the bathroom while Aiden was still inside, looking over at Kira calmly. "Everything is fine now." She smiles brightly and leans closer kissing him on the lips, catching him off guard. Regardless, Charles could not resist, as even himself admits he had wanted too do the same for years. After a few seconds they release and blush. "Sorry. I could not control my feelings." Charles chuckles lightly taking in all the feelings he released. "It is fine, I had no problem with that personally." If Aiden comes out of the bathroom, they wait until he arrives and leaves for the same first period together.

• Like 1