The Capital City Pendragon.

The Imperial Palace

Pendragon.JPG

Throne Room Appearance

cdr2twentyone09.jpg

A Grand room filled with many of noble and royal birth. The crowd is silent for the Emperor has entered the room. He stood before his podium. His eyes glisten like a thousand stars are inside a black sky. He wraps his hands around the edges of his podium steadily tightening his grip before he bellows out his first word.

All men are not created equal!

Some are weak and feeble others are born with swifter speed.

Some have more wealth and others live on the streets.

Both in birth and in upbringing

In sheer scope of ability each human is inherently different!

Yes that is why people discriminate against each other.

Which is why there is struggle, competition, and the unfaltering march of progress.

Inequality......is not wrong!

Equality is.

What of the E.U. that made equality a right?

Rabble politics by a popularity contest

But not our beloved Britannia.

We fight, We compete!

Evolution is continuous.

Britannia alone moves forward advancing steadily into the future.

We will Fight on, We shall struggle, compete, and dominate!

And in the end the Future shall be ours!

All Hail Britannia!!!

The Britannian Emperor releases his grasp on the podium and exits the Throne Room chambers. The crowd begins to talk once His Majesty had left the Chambers.

"What a fun Jest His Majesty always pulls. Sometimes he makes me even believe that what he speaks is fact." said the first Prince William Eu Britannia jokingly. He folded his arms as he moved towards some of his siblings. His gray coat flowing behind him.

"Father has always been like that I'm afraid. Whatever views I have on him are irrelevant to be quite honest so I am content with where I am in the World haha."

The First Prince of Britannia was not one to think very deeply into matters. He just couldn't truly wrap the meaning behind his father's words. He was a man with a simple mind who was happy with what he was given. He had no true hate for the enemies of Britannia and he truly cared about his citizens. Like some in his extended family of half brothers and sisters he had two he held close to his heart. It was his younger brothers as it was said that those with similar blood connect better than those without. However while William often thought of that phrase he had spent very little time with any of his siblings often alone in one of the many splendid gardens of Pendragon writing about what he saw in his youth. Now he was a middle aged man and at last the realization came to him that he needed more time with his family. Sure he talked to his brothers and sisters every week, but he never truly connected with them for long periods of time. Alas it is the fate of the Eldest brother never to know how to react properly to his siblings.

• Like 7

Which is why there is struggle, competition, and the unfaltering march of progress.

Equality is.

We fight, We compete!

Evolution is continuous.

All Hail Britannia!!!

Such words, spoken by a slave to destiny, a man whom recognizes the path this wretched creature called "fate" laid out for all, yet does not do anything to stop it or observe it, learning from the rules. The one who spoke it is a father to many children, and an emperor to many people. He does make a good point though, evolution is continuous, and the strong will devour the weak, assuming control over the survivors. There are tools, and there are the craftsmen, wielding such tools to their specific efficiency. A person like Charles is neither, merely a man whom watches, observes, and learns. He is one that only wields those who would fit his specific agenda, and although he treats the extras like regular humans, he views them as mere pawns. The future is useless without the present, and the present should be focused on the most out of all. To conquer the present will mean conquering the future, therefore it can never truly be reached if one only claims the future itself as being "ours".

"What a fun Jest His Majesty always pulls. Sometimes he makes me even believe that what he speaks is fact. Father has always been like that I'm afraid. Whatever views I have on him are irrelevant to be quite honest so I am content with where I am in the World haha." Charles heard his brother, 1st prince William speak jokingly. His brother has always been one to act friendly towards others, though Charles never truly knew the man personally, as he placed his time in other things, constantly leaving any meaningful conversation to his fellow siblings for as long as the man can remember.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal..." Charles would reply with a small smirk as he closed his eyes, crossing his arms as William walked towards him and a few others. ".. And nothing's beautiful from every point of view. Who knows, maybe some form of what His Majesty speaks is truth, though i think it all goes down to the ideals he had always believed in. Your point of view, irrelevant or not, can be spoken freely here, as this is a place for conversation, William. So how did you enjoy the speech he gave? I, for one, can see his point, but also i can see where he allowed his passion and ambition to overtake him." Charles spoke, opening his aqua blue eyes, looking at his elder brother with an interested stare. William and Maximus, his two pureblood brothers, were the only two he genuinely cared about. William, for one, would make a better emperor than their father could, while Maximus, having already became the 1st seat of the Knights of The Round, already fulfilled Charles's expectations of him. Charles himself, although showing interest in taking the throne, knows when one has gained too much power. and thus prefers that he stays where he is.

• Like 6

From outside the gates of a room where the Emperor would be giving his speech, one of the Knights of the Round, the 4th seat, stood as a mere guard to oversee the income of guests. And as all those who were able to get inside were in, she took her place by the opened entry way to listen to the greatly voiced speech.

Equality is.

We fight, We compete!

Evolution is continuous.

All Hail Britannia!!!

Not all of these words struck Valentina as appealing, though there were some that did. Her opinion could only differ from his in some ways, but voicing them to the Emperor himself would only mean the worst of things so they would be kept in mind. What was so differing was the idea of Equality being wrong. In her hopeful eyes, Equality should be right as long as fair game was played. Uneven riches can still be categorized with Equality, depending on how one views it.

Valentina took a step from the entrance and spoke to a couple other knights with a somewhat piked interest of His Majesty's slightly motivating speech, "How entertaining to see that the guests seem so inspired by his words." She smiled some and leaned a bit on her poleaxe while it stuck partly in the ground. "I can't see very many surpassing such charisma. His Majesty has surely outdone himself this time." The time drew by as she watched on with a calm strictness in her gaze, though it had been going by rather slow. Conversations and more conversations had been coming up that Val could hear from where she stood, one in particular catching her attention. A small group of royal looking people inside the Grand room were conversing, those of the royal blood. All being siblings with great authority, which Valentina respected to some degree. She had been sneaking a few glances at them and every time with a smile. "I'm amused that they are treating each other well. One would expect to see them having a struggle for power in a quiet manner...but the night must have been blessed to keep things under control," her voice was now quiet as she observed from afar. Eventually she turned away permanently to retain any focus on guarding the safety of those enjoying their time.

• Like 5

Maximus was a man with great ambitions. Before the speech he was talking to other figures in power, always looking to strengthen his name and reputation. Unlike his two pure blood brothers he desired power, well maybe not power but more. You see being a very large royal family it takes a lot to get noticed especially when your not first born. So deep down Maximus always wanted to be noticed by his father.

All Hail Britannia!!!

Those beautiful words ring over and over like a broke record player to Maximus as they could never be more true to him. We will fight on, and we shall struggle/compete. But we shall dominate. All hail Britannia. The world will know our name and respect our power, Maximus thinks to himself.

He then walks over to his eldest and younger brother. Maximus hears the end of the1st prince, his eldest brother and Chief Executive, William's reply to their father speech. No matter what you think you can't deny what he has accomplished for the Kingdom, says Maximus with great respect. He looked at his eldest brother as his greatest rival and had great respect for such a fine brother.

Maximus then slightly turns is head towards his younger brother 4th prince and Prime Minster Charles and says, What he speaks is the truth brother, we've came this far haven't we. And if his ambitions begin to over take him we as sons no... he pauses for a second before finishing, we as knights will guide him back on track. It was obvious that Maximus was very loyal to his father and thought very highly of him.

Maximus while speaking with his bothers sees a beautiful women looking in their direction. He recognized her as the 4th knight of the round. She quickly looks away and continues on with her business.

• Like 3

He noticed the youngest of his two siblings comment and expand on His Majesty's views. He was a bit bewildered at his brother's thoughts, but he had to come up with some sort of answer to his brother's question. "Erm Well whatever his Majesty declares is right is what I believe in Charles. Father is quite strange to me. I've never really seen him give such passion to Mother or to any of his other wives or children." William said meekly.

It was the job of the child to respect and follow their parents. He was taught this at a very early age, as a result his views on certain things never really developed. He was quite easily persuaded under stress. Charles seemed to be pushing him for responses he wasn't comfortable giving. Wiping his forehead with a handkerchief he kept in his coat's inner pocket he stuffed it back in quickly as he noticed his second oldest sibling comment on His Majesty's actions. It was true The Emperor did many great things for the Nation such as acquire many lands as well as lasting peace in parts of the world. However there was the affair of the E.U. and Japan. He wasn't one willing to go to war with the Japanese, but in order to flank Europe they had to acquire Asia. "I'm more curious about who we should send to Conquer Japan. I've talked to Father and he's dead set on taking all of Japan. We'll need to send one of the Royals to head the assault as well as deploy the Knights of the Empire. Brother Maximus I think you'd be a good choice for dealing with such stressful matters. After all you are the Knight of One. I'm sure you'd please Father with such an act Maximus." William said encouraging his brother to take more glory.

He wasn't sure of himself enough to go to the front lines himself, but he knew his brother Maximus or Charles would take Japan in one fell swoop if they directed their forces.

• Like 5

Behind the Throne Room Alfred was waiting for the speech to be over he wasn't a man who was into speeches all that much so he just stood there as the 3rd knight of the round and slowly starts falling asleep at the back door while watching the royals pass by him.

Equality is.

A few moment passed, He swapped places with a normal guard when he heard about half way in and left to for fell a job that was given to him before the speech started. On his way out of The Imperial Palace He stops to buy a ruby ring at the gift store. "This should help with where i am going damn it this is such a pain why couldn't the another knight take this job..." however the last few words Alfred heard while leaving stuck in his mind rocking back and fourth.

Once out of The Imperial Palace he started to walk to the homeless shelter and finds a homeless man on the way and turns to face him "Hey old man do you have a little time to talk to me I'm in a hurry.." The homeless man stood up with a look of disbelieve in his eyes "uhhh.... I mean sure what do you need um... anything you want from me you can have it.... sorry I'm not good at speaking with guards." Alfred smiles and put his hand on the man's shoulder and laughed and pulled him in to a alleyway which caused the man jumped a little "let's trade what do you say ?" The man was confused at what Alfred meant by trade so he took out some food while the homeless man was taking out his food Alfred took of all his clothes. "here is my food if this is.... MY GOD PUT SOMETHING ON" Alfred laughed "Now now you do the same if you want i can turn around but we are both men right no need to feel ashamed..." With in a flash the old man took of his clothes and put on Alfred's uniform " Wow don't like showing your body that much anyways.." Alfred put on the homeless mans clothes on said his goodbyes while making sure to keep the ring he bought. "I'll be back I think" After a hour of walking Alfred finally reached the docks the guard stopped Alfred "Alfred you ready we got the boat for you to take you to japan just hop on and we will take you there." Alfred thanked the guard and hopped on while taking a last look at the Palace. "Goodbye friends hope to see you all again."

• Like 4

"Erm Well whatever his Majesty declares is right is what I believe in Charles. Father is quite strange to me. I've never really seen him give such passion to Mother or to any of his other wives or children." Charles would hear William meekly say before Maximus chimed in. "No matter what you think you can't deny what he has accomplished for the Kingdom" It appears that Maximus is just as loyal as always to their father, though sometimes it may appear almost zealous, with how much respect and and loyalty he shows. Charles let out a small snicker. "Good point Maximus. While our father may seem a bit over passionate and ambitious at times, look where it has brought us. Britannia is widely feared and respected, with the remaining resistance in Japan being out-manned and outgunned, though to say nothing unexpected will happen will be a fool's assumption." Charles turned his head to face William again, noticing the man wiping his forehead with a handkerchief. "I apologize if i made you uncomfortable William, but i agree, father is definitely a strange one, showing more passion within his ideals than in his own family. I think it's more or less because he's one step closer to completing his goal."

"I'm more curious about who we should send to Conquer Japan. I've talked to Father and he's dead set on taking all of Japan. We'll need to send one of the Royals to head the assault as well as deploy the Knights of the Empire. Brother Maximus I think you'd be a good choice for dealing with such stressful matters. After all you are the Knight of One. I'm sure you'd please Father with such an act Maximus." Charles nodded his head to William's statement on who to send. "He has a point, Maximus. There's no need to send William or myself, whom are not as accustomed to the battlefield as you are. Not only are you more experienced in something like this but you're also the 1st Seat of the Knights of The Round, so your influence over them is greater too. It would be the wisest decision for all to send someone like you out. If they allow it though i'd like to accompany you to ensure we don't face any unexpected forces." As Charles finished speaking he noticed someone glancing over to them, this woman appeared to be one of the Knights, and her appearance intrigued Charles, as it appears she had scottish blood within her, or at least from what her appearance revealed.

• Like 3

Valentina leaned against the wall after some people had left the palace. The night was coming to an end, but that didn't stop the others from continuing on with whatever business they had been attending to here. For one, the 4th seat of the Knights was still guarding the gates as the royalty of Britannia remained inside. She wouldn't be leaving until told to do so. Weapon still in hand, she tirelessly watched on for any suspicious activity. Some shouting from nearby erupted, but it had to have been of something irrelevant. "Mindless squabbling. None of my business," she said quietly, and sighed.

For all she cared, it could have been one of the other Knights goofing off, or falling asleep while on duty. If her memory is correct, it'd be the 3rd Knight...Alfred. He was the laziest of them all, which is why she'd accuse him on the spot. Valentina thought to herself for a moment, 'Checking on that bum would be a good idea, but then again. I need to keep on my post until one of the royal princes, or all of them, need anything. Guess I'll just leave...Alfred to his own mess.' Speaking of messes, Valentina suddenly got the thought of a resisting force. The force that Britannia should be taking, or planning to assault by the Emperor's orders. She hadn't gotten any information on this situation yet, but perhaps the Knights would be set out for just that business.

Whatever the order, Valentina would be following it, if it were to be of high relevance. Her first and current priority, waiting for the call.

• Like 3

*kai was walking arounhappened hall. He hears the speech of the emperor. Kai agreed to most of it especially with the fact that not all people were equal walks up the hall that would lead to the room the party was at. Kai hated fancy partys. To many people and to many dangers for the emporer. Kai only hoped everybody was doing his job right. He reaches the door leading to the room. He leans on the wall next to Valentina and nods to her. He hated nobles. There care free live and there stupid believes. The only nobles he liked was the emperor. He owned him a lot and with that was really loyal to him. He looks at all the nobles and searches for suspicious. He looks at Valentina, she was the only knight he saw as an friend .*

Any thing happened until now.

*Kai slightly smiles at Valentina. Then he once again turn to the nobles standing around only to see some of the other knights talking to each other. He accepted those nobles as knight but he did really care about them. Kai once again looks at Valentina and waits an answer.

• Like 1

As Valentina was minding her own business, she noticed a good friend of hers joining her outside. It was Kai, a fellow Knight, and a very good friend. When he gave her a nod, she politely nodded back and smiled as he spoke. "We just have to be prepared for whatever it may be," she responded with a slightly serious tone. For a moment, as Kai was looking over at the nobles of Britannia, Val noticed how focused he was on them. Sure he didn't like them very much, but it seemed like he was troubled some. Maybe it was her imagination, but still. Seeing a friend like this was a bit saddening. "Are you nervous about how many people are here? If so, I don't blame you. All of them are unfamiliar and we don't really know if any of them are hiding anything. If that is the case."

Valentina turned her head away for a moment and then continued stargazing for a bit while waiting for any desired response from Kai. At that moment she had enough time in the world to hear from him.

• Like 1

He noticed the youngest of his two siblings comment and expand on His Majesty's views. He was a bit bewildered at his brother's thoughts, but he had to come up with some sort of answer to his brother's question. "Erm Well whatever his Majesty declares is right is what I believe in Charles. Father is quite strange to me. I've never really seen him give such passion to Mother or to any of his other wives or children." William said meekly.

It was the job of the child to respect and follow their parents. He was taught this at a very early age, as a result his views on certain things never really developed. He was quite easily persuaded under stress. Charles seemed to be pushing him for responses he wasn't comfortable giving. Wiping his forehead with a handkerchief he kept in his coat's inner pocket he stuffed it back in quickly as he noticed his second oldest sibling comment on His Majesty's actions. It was true The Emperor did many great things for the Nation such as acquire many lands as well as lasting peace in parts of the world. However there was the affair of the E.U. and Japan. He wasn't one willing to go to war with the Japanese, but in order to flank Europe they had to acquire Asia. "I'm more curious about who we should send to Conquer Japan. I've talked to Father and he's dead set on taking all of Japan. We'll need to send one of the Royals to head the assault as well as deploy the Knights of the Empire. Brother Maximus I think you'd be a good choice for dealing with such stressful matters. After all you are the Knight of One. I'm sure you'd please Father with such an act Maximus." William said encouraging his brother to take more glory.

He wasn't sure of himself enough to go to the front lines himself, but he knew his brother Maximus or Charles would take Japan in one fell swoop if they directed their forces.

Maximus listen to his eldest brother's words. William was very wise and had a special way with words. Infact he could order you to do the most atrocious things but say it such a smooth and elegant way that you would gladly do it. It was one of William's most dangerous trait if not the most dangerous. But Maximus couldn't deny the fact that he felt the same way about respecting and following their parents. Maximus learned this at an early age. When most kids and teens believe them to smart to listen to their parents, Maximus did not but instead learned from their wisdom and benefited from their knowledge. With that said he still managed to get in his fair of trouble as a child but thats neither hear nor their. (basically means a different story for a different time)

Maximus lets a out a small laugh at William as it seems some of Charles words might of made him slightly uncomfortable. As the casual talk starts to come to an end William beings to speak about Japan and even suggest that I, 3rd Prince Maximus Eu Britannia Knight of One lead the assault. Instantly his mind begins to think at a rapid pace. Was this one of his older brothers tricks, was he trying to set me up? Surely 1st Prince William of all people would know a party like this was No place to speak about military matters. No, no William would never do a thing Maximus continues to think to himself. Of all his brothers and their constant in fighting to rise to the top he (William) never really cared for it, even though he was targeted quite often. And of all his brothers he did respect him the most. He further dismisses this idea when his younger bother chimed in too. Im just being uptight and tense tonight I guess.

Maximus clears his conscience of suspension and focuses on the pleasing father part. He was loyal and maybe even zealous, but he couldn't help it. One thing he learned in his years is that people are who they are, weather its good or bad.

Glory imagine the glory. Its not like he's never conquered anything before but nothing of this caliber. His father was obsessed maybe overly obsessed with Japan. So anyone in the attack against them will be doing my father a great favor.

Maximus looks at William and Charles and responds saying his first words since he heard the idea. Of course I will do it brothers. I as a Knight and a member of the Royal Family could think of nothing better and promise to not disappoint. And of course you can join and spectate Charles though I promise what every they through at us I will smite it down, says Maximus with great confidence as usual.

• Like 4

Charles nodded at Maximus's response. "I can't promise that i will not join in myself if i view things to be troublesome, though the glory will go to you and the Knights of the Round, as it should." With this small note Charles broke away from the conversation with his two brothers, walking towards the one he saw glance towards them earlier, who is now talking to another, less friendly one. As soon as he reached them, he faced the one he assumed was partially scottish from earlier. "So then, what are your opinions on the speech father gave? Have you enjoyed it?" He asked her in a friendly tone. He wanted to see if these Knights of the Round were as willing to speak freely as they were to fulfill their duty, though this is also a way for him to begin a new conversation. It's boring, talking with nobles whom have never been in a battle before, or even a fight in that manner, and it made Charles look upon most of the guests in the room with distaste, as they were useless. "Also i don't believe we met, my name is Charles, may i ask yours?"

• Like 1

The young Knight enters the crowded throne room, in which a grand speech by the Emperor was about to begin. Quietly, the Knight walks over to where the his fellow Knights of the Round were standing, placing himself near the back of the group. He then turns his attention to the Emperor, who was standing behind his podium and about to speak.

Equality is.

We fight, We compete!

Evolution is continuous.

All Hail Britannia!!!

Arthur gives a small nod of agreement to the Emperor's words. He agreed fully with what he said; nothing more, nothing less. Being extremely loyal, Arthur believed firmly in the Emperor and his ideals and actions, and showed no signs of disapproval or disagreement. He rather submissively followed the Emperor and justified this loyalty with the success of the Holy Britannian Empire. "Our emperor never fails to express his passion and firm ideals", he said to himself just loudly enough so the few Knights standing near him would be able to hear. "All hail Britannia."

Arthur stands in his place and watches as some of his fellow Knights begin to move about and conversate. Of particular interest to him was the conversation of the nearby Nobles that he so respected, standing just close enough so that Arthur could make out what they were saying. Like the case with the Emperor, Arthur respected the Nobles, and was loyal to and followed them. But that did often result in dilemma, as the Nobles did not always completely agree with the Emperor as Arthur did. He would have to try to find a middle way, a way to speak think and speak more freely like the Nobles and some Knights did while still following the King. Arthur listened to their conversations for a bit, slowly moving a little closer as he did so. He then noticed two of his fellow Knights of the Round, the second and fourth seats, meeting close to the Nobles and beginning a conversation. He then began to make his way toward them. I need something to do, perhaps join a conversation. I can't just be standing around all the time he thought to himself as he quietly approached them. He saw that a noble, who he recognized as Charles Eu Britannia, had also approached the two Knights and had begun to ask one of them a question. Arthur decided to silently join the group and listen for now, as he didn't want to interrupt.

OOC: Was a meh post, just wanted to get it out of the way :/

• Like 3

*Kai looks at Valentina. He smiles, she seem to understand the danger. Nobles were beasts all looking for the smalest moment of weakness and ready to strike anysecond, or that was what the emperor had tought to Kai. Kai wanted to speak more friendly with his only friend in the ranks of the army but Charles came by and introduced himself. Kai looks at Charles from head to toe and stands straight. He starts walking past the nobles that had just walked to them. As he was in line with Charles he sais*

I'm Kai Aoi second knight..... Valentina I will go and report to the emperor.....

*Kai nods to her and walks past many nobles making his way to the emperor. He reaches him and stands behind the emperors right side. The emperor was talking with some nobles that were asking him some stuff. Kai waited for them to finish there conversation. He didn't cared what those nobles asked for so he didn't lisen to them. After the Nobles were finished the emperor waved his hand giving Kai the signal to come close to him. Kai leans to the emperor ears and wispers*

Reporting there is nothing special to report. There were some small discussions between some nobles but no big accidents. Also If I'm allowed to say this your Speech was great.

*The emperor nods and waves his hand again signaling Kai to get back to his work. Kai bows and walks backwards. Kai walked into the crowed and looked around and lisend carefully. He searched for any kind of danger. The emperor could face from these nobles. Now and then he looked back at the door looking for Valentina. Hoping that she had no problems at her post.*

As Valentina had been talking with Kai, she noticed one of the royal siblings coming over her way. And as he approached, she gave a nod to say hello and listened to what he was asking her. Of course it was about the speech, but she'd answer him out of politeness. "To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical on some of the things he claims. The politics of it all never ceases to bug me. Although, I did enjoy some of it. His Majesty does have a way with words that can nearly guarantee a sway of inspiration through the crowds," she said kindly to the young prince. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you like his speech?" Her words were calm sounding, as well as being in a noble-sounding manner even if she attempted to sound casual. Valentina smiled a bit as he introduced himself as Charles, definitely one of the princes of Britannia. "It is possible we haven't met officially. My name is Valentina, the Knight of the Forth. I'm quite aware of your status, my prince."

At that time, she noticed someone else approaching and recognized him to be another Knight. Very briefly she turned to Kai and responded, "Alright, I'm sure he will be expecting you." Val looked back over to the other two and smiled a small smile. "Well, it seems we can't get enough of meeting up with fellow coworkers. Arthur, if I'm correct. I'm not sure that we have really known each other that well."

Charles seem delighted in her response, mostly because he thought the same thing. "He made a few points, though i disagree with some of it as well. Inequality is indeed the truth, but presently one can improve, thus making the inferior equal to or better than the superior. In the end though, like you said, politics is a bother. It can also be counted as necessary, in some situations i suppose. It's a pleasure to meet you, Knight Valentina. Please don't call me by that formality. I may be a prince, but i despise being recognized as that of noble birth, especially when most of the nobles today are useless and weak." As Charles finished speaking he noticed a few nobles nearby shifted around uncomfortably. He let out a small smirk, as he truly did not care about being recognized as a noble or not, but merely said he despised them to see the reactions of those around him. Mere pawns being manipulated by words, and their reactions kept within a mental notebook for himself to use later.

"It seems your friend does not like my kind, yes? Can't say i blame him. We talk so strongly about strategy and how things work on the battlefield, yet most of us most likely have not even seen a fight ourselves." Charles turned his head to face the newest addition to the conversation. "It's a pleasure to meet you both, Arthur and Velentina."

• Like 1

After listening to the words spoken, Arthur smirks as he is noticed and spoken to. He turns to face the female Knight and male noble who had just addressed him, and nods to them. "Yes, I am Arthur. You may call me 'Bloody' if you wish, as it is my known epithet. And yes, I don't believe we know each other very well, Valentina. Fellow Knights should have more camaraderie amongst themselves." After replying to the female Knight, Arthur faced the Noble, slightly bowing his head in respect. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Prince Charles"

• Like 1

Valentina smiled at Charles and nodded. It looks like they were on the same page as of now, which could prove to be very well with their new found friendship. "It seems we may be siding with each other often when it comes to politics. What a pleasure," she said quietly. There was a hint of surprise when she was told to not be so formal with him. Usually it would be the other way around, but it was different with Charles. "Well, I suppose I can't argue with you. Perhaps if you were to rule over Britannia, you could change the lifestyle of royalty to be of a more fitting nature for everyone. It could prove beneficial to the people who must be protected from dangers."

"Ah, yes. You mean Kai. He's not very fond of the royals, but I'm sure he could warm up to you if you got to know him better. It may take a while though, and I'm not sure exactly how he'd put up with an immediate meeting with any," Val admitted before moving a strand of hair from her face. "Well, you know. Regarding battles, it may be possible for any royal blood to confront another in such a thing. The time for it to happen may be very far away, but also very close." She gave Charles a nod and then looked over to Arthur as he spoke of camaraderie. And she did agree with him, practically absolutely. "Well, it was a very nice time becoming acquainted with you both. May we be able to meet like this again some time."

*Kai keep on walking around the party looking at the nobles and making sure nobody did anything supicious. Kai walks past Valentina and the men standing around her and back into the hall leading to the room. Kai walks to the guard that took over this post. The gueard tells Kai that nobody left or entered since Kai left this post. Kai gives the man and acnoliging nod and walks away. Kais men knew seeing him nod was one of the best compliments they could hope for. The man salutes and gets back to his boring work as his job was to watch an empty hall. Kai walks back to Valentina, Arthur and Charles. He once again leans on the wall next to Valentina. He says to Valentina or more to himself*

Everything is running smoothly...... at least one good thing today.

*He looks at Arthur and remembers that he hadn't meet that young knight yet. He nods to him and says.*

I'm Kai Aoi, second knight, It's nice to meet you Arthur Brassington, 5th Knight

*Even through Kai didn't realy care about it he still knew the name of every knight. He had read all the filles he could get on the knights that he would have to work with. He looks around. His face got a little bit livelier and he ask into the group*

So what is the topic of this conversation?

*Kai looked at Valentina hoping to get some help in this matter. Valentina knew that Kai wasn't good at talking with people he didn't knew and got annoyed rather easely. But since Valentina always seem to like meeting new people he wanted to try to enjoy it aswell or at least not stand in her way*

• Like 1

After listening to the words spoken, Arthur smirks as he is noticed and spoken to. He turns to face the female Knight and male noble who had just addressed him, and nods to them. "Yes, I am Arthur. You may call me 'Bloody' if you wish, as it is my known epithet. And yes, I don't believe we know each other very well, Valentina. Fellow Knights should have more camaraderie amongst themselves." After replying to the female Knight, Arthur faced the Noble, slightly bowing his head in respect. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Prince Charles"

Valentina smiled at Charles and nodded. It looks like they were on the same page as of now, which could prove to be very well with their new found friendship. "It seems we may be siding with each other often when it comes to politics. What a pleasure," she said quietly. There was a hint of surprise when she was told to not be so formal with him. Usually it would be the other way around, but it was different with Charles. "Well, I suppose I can't argue with you. Perhaps if you were to rule over Britannia, you could change the lifestyle of royalty to be of a more fitting nature for everyone. It could prove beneficial to the people who must be protected from dangers."

"Ah, yes. You mean Kai. He's not very fond of the royals, but I'm sure he could warm up to you if you got to know him better. It may take a while though, and I'm not sure exactly how he'd put up with an immediate meeting with any," Val admitted before moving a strand of hair from her face. "Well, you know. Regarding battles, it may be possible for any royal blood to confront another in such a thing. The time for it to happen may be very far away, but also very close." She gave Charles a nod and then looked over to Arthur as he spoke of camaraderie. And she did agree with him, practically absolutely. "Well, it was a very nice time becoming acquainted with you both. May we be able to meet like this again some time."

*Kai keep on walking around the party looking at the nobles and making sure nobody did anything supicious. Kai walks past Valentina and the men standing around her and back into the hall leading to the room. Kai walks to the guard that took over this post. The gueard tells Kai that nobody left or entered since Kai left this post. Kai gives the man and acnoliging nod and walks away. Kais men knew seeing him nod was one of the best compliments they could hope for. The man salutes and gets back to his boring work as his job was to watch an empty hall. Kai walks back to Valentina, Arthur and Charles. He once again leans on the wall next to Valentina. He says to Valentina or more to himself*

Everything is running smoothly...... at least one good thing today.

*He looks at Arthur and remembers that he hadn't meet that young knight yet. He nods to him and says.*

I'm Kai Aoi, second knight, It's nice to meet you Arthur Brassington, 5th Knight

*Even through Kai didn't realy care about it he still knew the name of every knight. He had read all the filles he could get on the knights that he would have to work with. He looks around. His face got a little bit livelier and he ask into the group*

So what is the topic of this conversation?

*Kai looked at Valentina hoping to get some help in this matter. Valentina knew that Kai wasn't good at talking with people he didn't knew and got annoyed rather easely. But since Valentina always seem to like meeting new people he wanted to try to enjoy it aswell or at least not stand in her way*

"Likewise, Arthur. Your reputation proceeds you if you're the one called "Bloody". I hope to see your abilities firsthand on the battlefield. Also please, don't bow. Formalities is not needed with myself." Charles spoke to him respectively. He began to wonder, just how skilled was this man, before Valentina chimed up again. "Well, I suppose I can't argue with you. Perhaps if you were to rule over Britannia, you could change the lifestyle of royalty to be of a more fitting nature for everyone. It could prove beneficial to the people who must be protected from dangers." "Ah, i see why you'd say that, but please understand. I'd make for a tyrant before i be a good emperor, and because of this knowledge i prefer to stick to my current position. Not to mention that as the emperor i would not be able to do the things i like to do anymore too. William or Maximus would make for better emperors than myself. It was nice speaking to you too. I hope we can speak again another time." As Charles spoke he noticed a woman being offended towards his brother, William, whom seems to have accidentally insulted the noble. He continued watching the commotion out of the corner of his eye, and struggled with holding back a small smile as she slapped William across the face.

"The topic of this conversation is open to anything at the moment, Kai Aoi. If you don't mind, what would you like the topic to be?" A man who hated nobility yet works for nobility? If a nobl- no, a prince, where to start a conversation with him he wondered just how it would go. This may be entertaining after all.

• Like 3

As Charles was speaking, Valentina was a bit surprised by him but did not show it. A prince of his status not being interested in becoming emperor was a bit uncommon for her, but of course it was his choice to be what he wanted. Val smiled once again at him and said, "I see, so you really aren't interested. I'll respect that as much as I have to and perhaps we will be working together to support that reason." For a moment she paused and noticed a bit of a commotion going on nearby that involved Prince William, and a woman. Whatever was going on, Valentina would not be getting involved with something like that. "Guess we can't all be winners."

Valentina nodded to Kai as he reported to her upon returning and was a bit enlightened when he seemed to be opening up to the group. Now things were getting much better than before, especially since they were all together like this. "Well, Kai. As Charles said, this topic is very much open. I'm sure you can bring something good to talk about," she spoke softly to her fellow comrade.

The young knight nodded to show his appreciation for and understanding of the prince's statements. "I look forward to showing my skills in battle. I'm fairly excited about the upcoming war with Japan", he replied, in a quite rare free expressing of his feelings. Slightly embarrassed, he proceeds to replies to the statement about bowing. "Alright...Charles." Saying the prince's name without any formality was honestly awkward to Arthur, as he was used to formality and respect toward nobles. It would be hard for him not to bow or use formalities, or express his respect. Apparently not all nobles demanded respect; it was apparent that Charles was quite different from the other nobles. He was not arrogant and did not desire to be Emperor, which he stated next. Arthur would have to get used to that. He'd do anything to please a noble.

Arthur then looked in the direction of the approaching Knight, who he recognized as Second Seat Kai. After the Knight asked his question and the Charles and Valentina responded, Arthur spoke up. ""Hello, Kai. I have nothing to add to what has already been said. Care to join us in our conversation?" Arthur then appeared to get an idea, then looked back at Charles and Valentina. ""I think I have a topic worthy of conversation. What are your thoughts about the war with Japan that's going to start in the near future? I've already expressed my opinion, that I'm excited about it and that I'm eager to battle. In terms of outcome, I'm confident it will be a success for us. What are your thoughts?" Arthur looked at the Noble the most when speaking, as he was more curious about a Noble's thoughts and perspective especially from one that was apparently different from the majority of the others.

• Like 2

"My thoughts on the war? Hmm.. Well, if everything goes according to plan then yes, it shall be easy, though in war, there is always the unexpected. I wouldn't say I'm as excited for it as you are, but I will say that since I'm going to aid Maximus in this, it will be entertaining for me. I guess in the end war was made necessary, though to have to hurt innocents in this is a saddening thing. I guess in the end I'm for a fast, decisive victo- oh?" Charles was caught off guard by the tapping on his shoulder. He turned around to face a Japanese nobleman. "Excuse my interruption, prince but may I have a word with you privately? It's about something that's been on my mind." Charles grew a small smirk on his face. "Of course you can, lead the way." Both men walked away from the group, continuing farther and farther away until they were inside a darkened room. The only light being from an open doorway. "So then Kyoto, what do yo-" "don't play dumb with me! Why didn't you give me the signal yet?" the man cut Charles off, having kept an angry tone to his voice. Charles looked around, knowing they're entirely alone. He let out a small chuckle as he stood there, walking over to a nearby window and looking out into the dark night.

"Why didn't I give you the signal? I brought you here to do what you pleased, not to wait on orders like some dog." He said curtly before facing Kyoto once again. His aqua eyes holding only a glare for the assassin. "I came here to kill the emperor, not do as I pleased. What happened to everything that you said? About how Japan will not get attacked if he's dead and how you will grant us equality? I can't just magically know when it's time to strike." Kyoto obviously was angry at this point. Charles let out a short laugh. "Simple talk to attract pawns for my game. You did your job well, even though you decided to be a dog instead of one who acts on his own accord, you still kept me entertained as you thought I'd actually give the order to kill my own father." Charles watched on as Kyoto's dark eyes opened in surprise. "So.. I left my family.. For nothin-" Suddenly, a gunshot could be heard, though in an isolated area like this, barely anyone if anyone at all will hear it. A dark red stain appeared on the left side of Kyoto's dress shirt, causing him to fall to his knees, the bullet having penetrated his heart. Charles himself harbored an evil smile, having had enough of the man's useless rambling. It was a gamble, placing the emperor's life in danger just so he can speed up the inevitable but if things go by correctly, it will be worth it.

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple. I guess now it's time for part 2 of this game. You only have a few seconds at best. What are you going to do? This is your only chance." Charles told the dying man, holding the recently used .45 ACP pistol at his side. He watched as the assassin struggled to reach into his coat pocket, pulling out his own gun. He was not able to use it though, as he fell forwards right as he pulled it out fully. "Time's up Kyoto. It seems you lost the game. I'll be sure to send your family my condolences." Charles coldly said as he stuck his weapon back into his jacket, leaving the assassin behind, dead in the room. If his body was searched there would be a note declaring that he assassinated the emperor for the glory of Japan and the E.U in Japanese.

Charles returned to the party area. Walking back to where Kai, Valentina, and Arthur stood. "There appears to be an attempted assassination tonight." He said grimly.

• Like 4