Sentei K�ken'nin

Forests Of The Soul Society

Ooc:This post is a continuation of the unofficial squad 4 barracks topic. Link to said topic http://bleachsoulevo...__squad__st__60 I made this to build senteis past as well as explain where he gained his current abilities. If I am doing something wrong by posting this please pm me.

Blue:talking white:thinking/action zanpakto:light blue

Sentei walked out the 4th division barracks and quickly exited the seritei. Without stopping sentei watched in the corners of his eyes the people around him go about their business. Soon he was to the outskirts of the populated area of the rukon districts. He looked in the distance and saw a forest in the distance. that will have to do for now. sentei liked to train alone so he could sort out his thoughts. He soon made his way to the edge of the forest, appearing to grow in size as he got closer. He entered the forest and walked a good distance until he couldn't see the edge of the forest. He soon found a clearing formed by large trees. The circumference totaled about half a football field. Tired from the trek sentei decided to wait until morning to Begin his training. He sat and leaned against a tree quickly falling asleep.

Day 1

Sentei dreamed of his past that night. The dream started with the memory of his arrival to the SS. He remembered not knowing where he was or how he got to the rukon district. he wandered for days before collapsing in an alleyway. the memory jumped to when he was roaming the rukon districts looking for work or food. I eventually came across a thug threatening a girl in a partially hidden ally. I ran towards the thug and yelled. hey! Get off her! i pushed the thug off the girl causing him take a couple steps back and then fall completely over. I turned to the girl what are you dumb? Run! still in shock the girl ran off. I watched her leave as the thug got back up. Thug: thats going to cost you! He said grinning. I turned back to face the thug. He was a short but muscular man. He lunged and struck me across the face. The punch woke me from my sleep. I felt water drip on my face from the trees. I got up and took in my surroundings. A dense mist had risen making it hard to see too far. I stood and stretched my stiff limbs. time to get started. i went and found several dead trees cutting out the targets I'd use as dummys for zanpakto practice. By the time I'd finished cutting out the targets it was nearly noon as the sun was high above the trees. Finished cutting out the targets I set them up to begen practicing. Purposely making myself multi task I set the targets up so I'd have to mix movement with zanpakto swings for a fluid transition between targets. there now I can start. i took a moment to look over all the targets. I had placed the targets in a ring around the clearing rising up steadily into the trees. By this time the sun was setting casting long shadows in the area I was. Starting with a jog and then began sprinting through my targets. Taking them down one by one. I repeated this until the moon had risen high above in the night sky. Wiping the sweat from my fore head I decided to call it a night. Collapsing into the same position as before. I fell asleep before I even had completely sat down.

• Like 1

Day 2

Once again I dreamed of my past. I woke in the same place I had encountered the thug. Immediatly aware of the pain coursing throughout my body. I noticed there was someone kneeling over me ribbing some kind of ointment on my ribs. hey that hurts! i said sitting up. only increasing the pain I was in. The person pushed me back on the ground. Stranger: lay back down idiot. one of your ribs is broken. This will ease the pain. Rubbing more of the ointment on my ribs. The pain slowly disappeared. I craned my neck to see who was treating me. All I could see was long black hair but along with the feminine voice I put together that it was a girl treating my wounds. are you? girl: yes, I'm the one you saved. Feeling embarased didn't do much saving did I. girl: still you did something. The girl smiled. I woke from the dream to the same scene before me as yesterday but with less mist. The sun hadn't quite risen but it was beginning to get lighter in the forest. Shaking off the dream he focused on the task ahead. He found another dead tree replenishing his targets. He began training before noon this time. He got faster, slashing down all his targets before sundown. While he was collecting more targets he he heard a whisper ~sentei~ who's there? i said dropping the wood I was carrying and searched the trees for where the voice came from. so you can finaly hear me. No I'm not over there. Im tsukiakari no kage. That thing you've been swinging around the past couple days? confused I looked down at my zanpakto. I was wondering when you'd speak up. for me?! Oh what did I expect. Its embarrassing the way you've been blindly swinging me around so I spoke up to stop you from further embarasment. fine by me. What should i do? the moon had risen and was casting light shadows throughout the forest. look at the moon sentei. Look at the light is spreads casting shadows along its path. Think of this and call my name. sentei thought about what tsuki told him he yelled reflect! Tsukiakari! after a burst of steam I found I was holding two zanpaktos. The one in my right hand was midnight blue and the other was pearl colored. Admiring the blades now we're talking! Now let's see what we can do. i trained through out the night until the moon was low and the sun was just to begening to show. I decided to sleep in the same place once again. Sealing my shikai and fell fast asleep.

Edited by Cineric aka sentei
  • Like 1

other talking:red

sentei talking:blue

zanpakto:light blue

Day 3

I dreamed again of my past. Its becoming a bit repetitive dreaming like this. but who can truly explain why we dream in the first place. Time jump again. The dream started with me and the girl. She had told me her name, it was anna. She wanted to join the academy and I didn't want her too. We usually hung out in the forest which is where we were now. "you know its dangerous, Anna!" she turned back to me and gave me a sharp look. thats never stopped you! I can help people and that's why I'm going. shocked because she'd never been so angry with me. I Iowered my voice. that was different. how? If you didn't come I don't want to think what would have happened. i paused then I coming with you. i looked her in the eyes. She was tall for a girl. Tall enough that she could almost look me in the eyes without looking up. but you hate the seretei. anna said with a concerned look on her face. I still do. But if you insist on getting yourself killed I might as well go to watch your back. surprised at my response all she could say was "I'm glad you came to your senses." i woke again. The forest was just as it was the day before damp and chilling. I picked up my zanpakto and noticed I wasn't sore from practicing so much the other day. i must be slacking. I have to train harder, don't have much time left. i set up the targets as I did the other two days but added to how many there were and also added ones that couldn't be hit with my regular zapakto swings, I'd have to use my ranged attack to strike them while moving to the next closest target. reflect. Tsukiakari. i released my shikai *yawn* up already? "that's funny didn't know zanpaktos needed beauty sleep." the more you know. "come on lazy, lets get to Training." whatever. I trained hard working through utter exhaustion through out the day and far into the night. Using the shadow scythe with my short range shunpo was particularly straining. I called it a night after going through all my targets for the 20th time. you've gotten better. With my help you may be a captain someday. i scoffed at the idea and continued walking back to my favorite tree. "When pigs fly. I don't know if I'm cut out to be a leader." we'll see. Good night sentei. "good night tsukiakari" once again I fell asleep under the same tree.

Anna:red

Me talking:blue

Tsukiakari:light blue

Day 4

Another dream. It must be the forest, it brings back memories. The dream started with me and Anna walking out of the forest. We were headed to the academy to apply. We reached the rukon districts before noon and stopped to rest and get some water. I broke the uneasy silence first. why are you so hell bent on joining the academy anyways? i asked Anna. she glanced back at me. because I can help. I can't just sit around while someone dies. i began to argue but stopped myself. yeah. Good point. after a while we started back on the road. We hadn't walked more than an hour before we came across a gang. don't do anything dumb. anna whispered to me. i won't if they don't. i whispered back slightly injured at the comment. "hey its you!" One of the thugs said running to block us off. "You're that asshole who let the girl get away from me." The thug laughed. "Thought you were dead." out of the way. I don't want any trouble. the thugs buddys took notice to the scene and surrounded us. Most of them were unarmed. Except for the thug he had a knife. This is bad I thought. There's six five of them and two of us. anna if you get the chance run. no I'm not going to leave you to die. damnit Anna liste.. right then one of the thugs took a swing at my right starting the brawl. Me and anna stood back to back. It was a blur of fists, blood, and teeth. We had knocked out the first three but just as Anna finished off the fourth thug the thug with the knife lunged at me thrusting his knife towards my stomach. He shouted "die punk!" Side stepping out of the way to dodge he missed me. But Anna who was standing behind me had just turned around. Seeing my mistake I grabbed for his arm trying to stop him. But I was to late the thug off balance ran into Anna stabbing her in the heart and falling on top of her. Anna! i yelled running up to the thug who was trying to get his feet under him. he laughed " ha got what she des.." his voice choked off as took his neck in between my arms. With all my strength I twisted. hearing the thugs neck crack with a sickening sound he went limp and I pushed him off to the side. I looked to my dead friend, kneeling I picked her up and looked into her lifeless eyes. My mind filled with so much rage I couldn't hear my own scream of anguish for my dead friend. Silence. That's all there was. I woke with a start from the nightmare. I the wiped tears away that came through my nightmare of the past. Shaken by the memory I layed against the tree. Unable to shake the image of Anna dead in my arms. I gathered my resolve picking up my zanpakto. sentei. don't i said fighting back tears. "i need to get stronger and I can't do that crying like a child. I need to get stronger" i paused with a grim expression "For her." reflect. Tsukiakari. releasing my shikai. quietly I began my last day of training in the forest. Cutting out the targets and running through them faster than before. When night came I decided not to stay another night in the forest. With the moon high above the trees I started back towards the seretei.

I walked the too familiar streets of the rukon districts. It was late and the sun was already low on horizon. I passed few people and quickly made my way past the outskirts of the rukon districts. I saw the forest in the distance. The same as it has always been probably long before I ever ventured within it. The sun had gone down and the moon was just rising on the horizon instead. Reaching the edge of the forest I stoppped and look into the darkness. It felt like I had left here just a moment ago. Entering the forest I follow familiar paths that only I knew. I soon came to the clearing I used before for training. I jumped up into one of the larger trees and rested on a branch with my back to the tree. "it seems I can't escape this place. Its always too calm here." I said before i fell asleep in the tree.

I woke in the tree I had slept in. The air was cool but dry and the sun had already risen quite a ways. I jumped down from the branch and took in my surroundings. It looked the same but almost felt different to be there. Shaking the feeling I began my training routine once again. "reflect, tsukiakari." at it again? yes, its time to train some more. Alright, let's get started then. like always I cut out the targets andplaced them in a rising ring in the clearing. I repeated this process but eventually replaced the targets with stone because I was cutting through the wood so easily. Stopping to take a break I opened the pack holding my supplies. I grabbed some of the food and water and sat at the base of a tree catching my breath. *we're getting stronger.* like you said we need to.

"Hello there, newest Captain of Squad 4." A voice said as a sudden figure launched himself out of one of the nearby trees, landing in front of Sentei. He stood up fully, his torn, black haori resting peacefully against his battle worn shinigami robes. A Vice Captain's badge was attached to the black belt the man wore around his waist. An odachi sheathed within a jet black sheathe rested peacefully on his right side while his Zanpakuto was sheathed within a jet black wooden sheathe on his left side. His Tanto, which had a black handle and a white blade, was sheathed inside a grey sheathed on his back. He turned his head over to the new Captain, waving at him with his left hand, which seemed like it had a hole in the middle of it. His left eye was missing as well, which was indicated by the eye patch he wore over it. His black medium-length hair looked messed up, as if something had ruffled it. "I think we had met before, at the Kyouraku Clan Mansion. It's funny, the last time we met we were both Vice Captains. I heard something about the previous captain going rouge but I didn't actually think of it being true until I heard about the lockdown. It seems your strength isn't yet at Captain's level. Maybe I can help you train?" Aiden asked curiously. He knew his pursuing opponent from before will arrive soon, but by then things will already be fun enough. He has high hopes this person will make for a great Captain.

I look up from my meal to see much to my surprise vice captain Aiden standing in front of me. Shocked but not showing it I reply "hello VC Aiden, yeah thats right. You know I had a feeling these stone targets weren't moving fast enough for me. I'm up for a spar" i said chucking. "but before we start I have plenty of food. Care to join me? Altough we can spar now if you want." i stood and prepared to draw my zapakto.

"I apologize for denying your offer of food, since the only thing I truly need right now is a way to release the pain and sorrow I had felt recently with Eniko and Yuroshima's deaths. I don't even know if I'm injured anymore since my blood is pumping and my adreneline is coursing through me. I hope you're ready for this spar, since the only kind of spare i do are classified as intense training." As Aiden spoke his grabbed his Zanpakuto's black and dark purple handle with his right hand. He unsheathed it and stood there, a small smile in his face. "Since I don't know your fighting style yet, I won't decide and whether it not I will dual wield. Also before we begin I brought three of my member from squad three with me and dropped them off in the medical center to begin healing your patients. They won't be permanent additions to your squad but they will help out a lot. I will also aid in healing the injured alongside he members of Squad 4, as a way to increase the relations between our two squads."

Ooc:see zanpakto pictures on my character description

My shock now visible at the news of enikos death. My eyes mearly widened but you could easily read my thoughts. I helped send eniko to her death. My face grew grim. "I see. Then I'm glad you came and thank you for the assisstance." My voice was slightly shaky. "I'm sorry for your loss." drawing my zanpakto i regain my focus "then lets get started shall we? Reflect, tsukiakari" the release of shiki caused a cloud of fog. Slowly disapating it revealed my dual wield. My right zapakto is midnightblue and the left pearl colored. the sun was setting causing shadows of the trees to grow long. Looking my opponent in the eyes i could see the pain he was in. I raise my zanpaktos across my chest and then in a blink of an eye I release my shadow scythe. Not waiting a moment for the projectile to head towards my target I use my special flash step to turn and jump off the tree behind me. Backflipping and turning over my opponent and my shadow scythe before swinging down with both my zanpakto towards Aiden.

Ability used

Shadow scythe : a projectile of hardened shadows that is jaggedly shaped. Fires from the edges of the blades.

Special flash step: a short range high speed flash step. Maximum distance a little less then a football fields length.

"The worst part about it is that, unlike Yuroshima, I watch Eniko die, and cried tears of blood because of it..." Aiden said as Senkei unleaded his Shikai. After the cloud of fog, which was formed by the Shikai, dissapated, Senkei now had two weapons. Aiden unsheathed his white-bladed Tanto. As the sun set Aiden saw a jagged projectile of shadows fly towards him, along with Senkei jumping above him, aiming a vertical attack. Aiden quickly reacted on instinct and used his fastest flash step, leaving an after image behind as he moved quickly towards the right and into the bushes, where he was no longer visible. He began rapidly flash stepping around the clearing, switching randomly from tree to bush, until he stopped in the bush to Sentai's right. He quickly levitated his Zanpakuto and spun it. He stabbed his Tanto into a nearby tree and placed his left hand, palm open, just behind the spinning blade. "Modified Hado number 58, Aoi Hono Mo Tatsumaki!" He yelled from the darkness as he grabbed his blade and reased the wind energy. His left palm released his Sokatsui almost directly afterwards, combing the two into a blue flaming tornado. It won't be devastating since it was done without the incantation, but it was still a powerful Hado mix. After Aiden fired his Hado he ripped his Tanto out of the tree and charged out of the bushes, ready to attack if Sentei dodged his Hado.

Ooc: its fine I am too. Do you mind if I only list the names of abilities used after I've put a description at least once?

Dropping to the ground where Aiden would have been. Hearing him say he watched eniko die made a pit in my cheast. I forced it away knowing he was trying to break my focus as i watched him with a little difficulty as he jumped through the shadows. I stood and prepared for his next attack. I heard him yell out a kido. I brought my left zanpakto in front of me and watched as the blue flames spread towards me in a cone. I raised my left zanpakto throwing it to the side of the flames activating my shield of mist to protect myself and ran towards the edges of the flames. The mist blocked the side of the flames making it appear as though I had ran through the flames. The sword was headed strait for Aiden as I use my special flash step through the opening in the flames and then appearing to Aidens left charging bringing both hands to my right hand zanpakto i swing from his left in a wide arc aiming for his mid section and back.

Abilities used

Special flash step

Shielding mist: can protect from ranged attacks but not strong enough to be a replacement to a shielding kido

Ooc I'm fine with that ^_^

Aiden saw Sentei run through the Aoi Hono no Tatsumaki, which can't be right. He must've blocked it with something. As Aiden began to figure out what Senkai blocked his attack with he saw a sword coming right towards him. Quickly Aiden spun around, only to block an attack from his left side. As he and Sentai stood there Aiden gazed into his eyes. "I see you're sad about Eniko too. Believe me when I was not trying to use it to distract you. But everything I'd said tonight was the truth. The blood streak is still on me right cheek as we speak right now. Also you should be lucky that the mixed Hado I fired was without its incantation, since it broke through Yuroshima's Shikai before when he cast a shield, and he was the strength of a captain commander. Now then, as we're locked in close ranged combat, what will be your move?" Aiden asked as he suddenly brought his right leg, which was facing towards Sentai, upwards and aimed a powerful kick to his stomach.

Ooc:thanks, sorry forgot abilities that's all I changed

My left blade had flown into a tree behind Aiden. "It doesn't change the fact I was the one to tell her about the cure." My face darkening. I See him lift his leg for a kick. I flip my zanpakto sideways so the side of the blade could easily move. I crouch just enough to get underneath his blade and hands. I push upwards knocking Aiden off balence. While he's off balance I unleash another shadow scythe and retreave my left zanpakto. I jump into the trees and follow Aiden from above watching my scythe move towards him.

Abilities used

Shadow scythe

As Aiden was knocked off balance, his veins showed up on his skin. He quickly recovered from being off balance by preforming a mix between a back flip and a flash step, landing on a branch of the tree behind him. "It's been a long time since I last activated my Blut Vene.. Then Again I didn't foresee that kind of trap." He said as he sensed out where Sentei is. He began to radiate a sense of animosity off if him as he held out his Zanpakuto in front of him. "I loved her, and I never had the chance to say so... Reap, Shenshi!" His quiet words before were suddenly followed up with him yelling out his Zapakuto's name. Aiden activated his Shikai, causing his Blut Vene to be replaced with it. A hood created from pith black reishi formed itself over his head and latched onto his haori like a hood while his Zapakuto transformed into a double-bladed naginata. Tha handle of the weapon being pitch black as the two blades were a very dark purple. His spiritual pressure began to rise as he sheathed his Tanto and stood there, his Zanpakuto ready to strike anything that may come near him.

Edited by Aiden 'Ky�raku'

Ooc: tell me if you don't want me to use this next ability. Its useage depends on a certain circumstance you'll know it when you see it. Don't worrie its not a auto hit lol

"You deserved to know Aiden. It was never my intention for that to happen." I said while turning to face aiden. "Now we both have something in common." I looked Aiden in the eyes again "we've both watched, powerless as someone we loved died." I watched him and relaxed calming my racing heart. I didn't lower my guard though. I looked at the rising full moon for a moment I noticed it had already gotten quite late. "That's why I'm asking you now not to hold back, lets do this for the ones we've lost" I wore a saddened expression on my face.

Ooc if it isn't an auto hit then I'm fine with it. Although mind PMing it to me so if I can't think of a way to dodge or block it so I can react accordingly. Also I'm guessing these certain circumstances involve the moon ;)

Aiden laughed at what Sentei said. "I am holding back. Also this is the second time someone close to me has died. The first time being my own father. Let's stop this meaningless conversation and get back to the spar. A captain that's only lieutenant level will not survive long. Besides, I finally have a specific location as to where you are since you have me the time to sense your spiritual signature." Aiden said as he quickly flash stepped behind Sentai, his double-bladed naginata speeding downwards towards Sentei's left shoulder. His killing intent began to reveal itself as his spiritual pressure increased.

Saying nothing I watch as he flash steps behind me. Turning barely in time to dodge I back step but I wasn't fast enough. his naginata slashes down my chest. the force of the strike pushing me off the branch I was standing on. *Shit, he got me.* I fall towards the ground hitting hard. I lay there for a minute gritting my teeth in pain.

• Like 1

Aiden was slightly surprised Sentei wasn't able to dodge his attack. He stood upon the same branch he just knocked his opponent off of, looking down upon him. "What are you planning? I know for sure I was in your sights, so there shouldn't be a way you weren't able to dodge that slash. Ah well, the battle isn't going to end because of one simple injury, this is supposed to be an intense sparring match, after all." As Aiden spoke he had his left hand face his downed opponent. "Hado #31, Shakkaho." He said quietly as a red column of energy came speeding towards Sentei. If he dodges this attack the fight will continue, if not then they will take a break so they can be fully energized for round 2.

*I got too relaxed dam it* seeing him raise his hand *didn't want to use this.* I looked at the moon and focused on my wounds. I watched as the wound quickly closed emiting a small amount of steam. Just as aiden fired his kido I used my special flash step to get from under it and back up through the trees to get behind him. Appearing behind him I cut the branch he's standing on and with the same motion i carve deeply into the tree causing it to start collapsing. I jump above the tree from what's left of the branch and push it. Causing it to go speeding down towards him.

Ability used

Special flash step

Full moon regen: wounds are healed fast during a full moon. Vital wounds can only be healed a certain number of times and will take two posts to be fully healed.

As Aiden was falling down from Sentei's sudden slashing of the tree branch and the tree itself, he turned around and, by focusing his spiritual energy into the wind augment of his Zanpakuto, fired a blade of air at the tree, effectively slicing it in half. As he landed, the two halves of the tree landed around him, causing dirt and dust to cover the area he was at. He quickly flash stepped out of the way of the speeding branch, barely avoiding possible impalement. He came up with a quick idea while the dust still covered himself and the general area from his opponent's sight. Quickly he flash stepped above the cloud of dust and above the trees, now being able to see his opponent. He threw his Zanpakuto above him and formed a quincy bow, aiming it at Sentei's back. He absorbed the black reishi hood and formed it into one, long black quincy arrow, which he fired at Sentei. This arrow was on a different level than a regular quincy arrow, as it moved at an even greater speed than the standard arrow and can deliver a lot more damage. After Aiden fired the arrow he caught his Zanpakuto and, while his black reishi hood reformed over his head, waited for Sentei's reaction. 'He almost got me there..' Aiden thought as he looked down towards his opponent.

Shikai-Bankai Reishi hood: Can use his reishi hood to create a faster and more powerful quincy arrow.

• Like 1

I landed on the lower half of the tree and watched as the tree split from Aiden attack. *As I expected* I use my detecting mist as I figured he wouldn't stay in place long. as the dirt was picked up by the impact of the tree I spread the mist all round me ready to detect any movement. It was just In time to tell me he was behind me and I turn to see him fire a black arrow at me. *shit that's fast* I fire my shadow scythe at Aiden with the same motion as crouching forward. I flash step, Jumping off the side of the tree I propelled myself to a tree under Aiden. I then jumped up towards Aiden swinging from under him.

Abilities used

Detecting mist: I surround the area around me with a light mist that allows me to detect the general movements of opponent's

Special flash step

Shadow scythe

Aiden watched Sentei's shadow scythe strike the arrow, causing both attacks to negate eachother in one small explosion of darkness and energy. Aiden quickly flipped himself upside down and flash stepped towards Sentei, whom was slashing at him from under him. Aiden used his double-bladed naginata to once again block Sentei's attack, countering it with another slash of his own, aimed right for Sentei's head. "You're getting stronger during our fight. That's good, since it means i'm being a challenge for you." Aiden said as they clashed blades.