Both JDan and Yoshirou seemed very surprised at his new attitude but it was something that he expected. Especially, JDan seemed the most concerned as he tried to speak up but was stopped by the Noble who said they were also tired and would stop the training here and take the rest of the day off. Metabee answered,'Good enough,' before heading for his room. He walked neither slow nor fast, he was simply walking and he didn't speak to anyone on the way. 

When he entered the room Metabee didn't have anything specific that he had planned to do. He simply sat on the floor and rested his back against his bed while various thoughts ran through his head and more specifically how it all began. There was definitely more that he could have done. He should have moved her to an even better district, put more safety measures in the house or even try to discuss a residency inside the Seiretei under his direct protection. It was always like this. People only thought 'what if I have done this' when it was too late and sometimes those regrets would never leave.

He saw a world where he hadn't become a Shinigami and was able to have a happy life with Elena, perhaps there was also world where he had become a Shinigami but Elena didn't die on thay day. There were as many parallel worlds are there were ants and yet why couldn't he be in such a world? His life was simply that of misfortune; first it was Elena's death, then it was killing his best friend with his own hands, losing many friends in battle, the people that he could rely on leaving never to be seen again, not being able to protect the Kido Corps. Compared with the few happy moments he had it was clear how he felt. After he saw the this lastest truth shown to him he was sure of it. The path he had chosen was wrong.

Wanting to protect Elena was never a mistaken however, the other world had shown him that he didn't need to become a Shinigami in the first place in order to keep her safe and happy. On the other hand, it could be argued that in those worlds that he didn't become a Shinigami Elena there were still many that she or both of them had died. These things were complicated. There were many possibilities and trying to think or consider all of them would make anyone's head burst. However, the truth still stood; seeing the best possible outcome would make anyone want to achieve it. Perhaps, his only method of amending this would be to travel back in time and correcting it. Unfortunately, this would not be possible by any possible means as humanity has not discovered one to do so, but they were Shinigami and they possessed supernatural powers so maybe they could discover a way faster than humans.

One such way was Yoshirou himself. His Zanpakuto allowed him to control gravity and even create wormholes so perhaps they could manipulate those in such a way that would let them travel in time. That was probably their best lead but it would introduce another problem. If he went back in time to prevent Elena's death then the universe would react and would attempt to correct this 'error' in the equation and so would find other ways of killing her. That's why a wiser decision might be to simply convince himself not to become a Shinigami which could create more problems as one: two Metabee's existing at the same time and meeting might cause a paradox and two: even if he did correct it what would happen to him? Would he simply continue watching as Elena and past Metabee had a happy life or would it simply erase the Shinigami Metabee from history?

These were his thoughts and as he kept pondering such topics, he did not feel the passage of time. The sky became red as evening came and with it dinner time but like he asked no one came to inform him and he didn't feel hunger either. Time kept flowing forward, never backwards, as then came the night when most of the Clan members would now be going to sleep. He didn't feel like sleeping but he would attempt it either way or at the very least try to relieve himself of the backpain that had accumulated from resting against the bed so he stood up and laid down on his bed in an attempt to sleep.

• Like 3

Like usual they both had rounds to make so Yoshi and JDan went their separate ways for now. JDan had to check in at different security posts as well as help make sure the moral of the men remained high. With all the recent commotion and increased training it was easy for the pressure to catch up, and next minute your overwhelmed.

Yoshirou’s busy work consisted of paper work that had to be sorted though. It was the usual, signing of the approved documents, denying those that were a no go and even critiquing the ones that could be approved but just needed a little more work.

An hour or so passed when he came upon a document he was particularly interested in. It was a report from the special research team underneath the mansion going over a project he personal requested. Even if they gained the strength to give them an edge over Hell what was the point if a defeated enemy could endlessly revive. They had to have a plan on how to deal with Sama’el and the Sinners that were his equal or superior; hopefully it was more of the former than the latter. Anyways he was hoping that he held the solution in his hands. Without further a due he quickly read over the report.

Summary of the report:

Lead Researcher It has been about a week and we are pleased to report that we have made some progress in modifying sekkiseki stone into different items as requested. While we don’t have a finished product yet we do have a few prototypes and are well on the way to a completed on...

The rest of the report went on to list the items with a brief description next to its picture. There were a few weaponized choices like spears and swords though they looked crude compared to their Zanpakuto counterpart. There were also your traditional cuffs as well as an old fashion ball and chain, exactly like you would see in old cartoons or black and white movies. A few of the items looked like torture devises especially if you read their description so Yoshirou skipped over those. He only wished to protect his clan, the Seireitei, and those he cared about, not act as a sadistic barbarian that tortured those already damned for all eternity.

It wasn’t till he got further down the list that Yoshi saw something with a lot of potential. It was a full body straight jacket that forced you to sit with your legs crossed once tightened. But that’s’ not were he saw the potential. According to the report it was made of fabric that had been infused with sekkiseki stone. The report stated that they were still working on the best way to combine them but so far they had two options that looked promising. One was to powderize the sekkiseki and infuse it that way and the other was to weave fine strains of it into the fiber, sort of like how high-end kevlar was done. If they could create cloth or other fabrics out of sekkiseki then they could make all sorts of things like bindings or straps that were as strong or stronger than kido, certainly a more efficient way. 

Well anyhow, they now had more options with the possibility of more to come. Yoshirou left his office after that and grabbed some food in the cafeteria. This time he sat with Teschma and Nero, conversing with them more, getting to know them better. He didn’t bother asking if they had came to a decision yet figuring he would give them a little more time to think it over. The more the time they spent here and explored the Manor and its surroundings the better he thought. After dinner they all spent the evening together as well, receiving a personal tour from Yoshirou.

A couple of more hours had passed. Yoshirou parted ways with the pair leaving them in the entertainment district on the industrial side of the clan. Yoshi was beat from the long day and wanted to call it a night; another reason was he was worried about Metabee and wanted to check up on him. He was torn on what to do though as Meta asked not to be disturbed. In fact he spent the entire way home debating on whether not to interrupt him but ultimately decided not to. Sometimes space was the best thing you could do for a friend and decided to respect the Advisor’s wishes.

Washing away all the sweat and dirt of the day Yoshirou washes up getting ready for bed. While he lay in bed he remembered he was suppose to be thinking of a name for the hybrid technique. He started dissecting words in his mind and combining, rearranging them together attempting to create a name. After a few minutes his eyes were to heavy to remain a wake as he drifted off to sleep for the night.

The next day came quickly but that was always the case after a long, hard day of work. Again Yoshirou was up early doing his normal routine after which he would either meet up with Metabee at breakfast or later at the training grounds with JDan.

Edited by Yoshirou (Kyōraku)
  • Like 1

Metabee twisted and turned as he couldn't sleep so he eventually stepped out of his bed and into the balcony for some fresh air. It was a very quiet night as everbody was already sleeping so if he wanted to move about the Mansion without any disturbances now would be the best time. However, for now he simply stayed and watched. His thoughts had now calmed down a bit as there is a limit to how much someone can think about something but his grief was not any less. Rather than thinking of ways to prevent or change the past he simply thought about his moments with Elena and the ones he was shown. If he put the two together it really did seem like a happy life, one that would require nothing else to make it better.

Some time passed and his Zanpakuto appeared next to him but did not speak so they just stood there thinking in silence. The Spirit was the first to break the silence,'Vincent is your real name you know.' Normally, he would have been very surprised but under these conditions he didn't feel any happiness,'Did the other Metabee know that?' The Zanpakuto shrugged,'I can't tell you something that only you would know, I don't exist in that world. Though, it is very likely that he remembered and if not, the person who forged his documents got very lucky.' He replied with a simple,'I see.' Cases like that were definitely uncommon but they still did happen,'Vincent Ainsworth. That is who I am.' His own name and the surname given to him by Elena. Two halves of a coin made a whole. However, he will still be known as Metabee Ainsworth. It was all thanks to her that he now has the fame he has and so he would use the name she gave him to pay homage to that fact.

Metabee let out a sigh and backed off into the room,'Come,' which caused Acnologia to inquire,'Where to?' He replied,'The kitchen. I'm thirsty.' The Zanpakuto knew he didn't mean that he was going to get water but he accompanied him all the same. The two sneaked through the corridors until they reached the kitchen where Metabee hunted for the alcohol stash and took a bottle of vodka. Afterwards, they left and Metabee headed to the private garden that he had talked to with Yoshirou previously. They sat down on the bench and Metabee opened the bottle to take a mouthful before passing it to the Spirit. He took it and did the same but ended in him coughing,'It's strong,' he said before checking the percentage which said 40%. Normally, it would be drank with coke or some kind of juice but Metabee couldn't be bothered to carry two things so they would have to deal with the strong aftertaste in their mouths. Besides, Acnologia had never touched alcohol before so to him it felt even stronger,'If I drink it all myself then I won't be able to stand up so instead we get half each.'

They took it slowly and like usual did not speak much. They both felt the same grief and had similar thoughts so there wasn't really a need to speak. Metabee thought that this garden looked very similar to the he and Elena had but on a bigger scale. It had many beautiful flowers, wooden furniture and there was probably a swing somewhere too. Acnologia passed the bottle along and Metabee drank his next share,'I want to be able to separate it between me and him but I don't think that's possible. Both are me. Both consist of who I am. So I will keep these memories not as 'another me' but as my own.' The Captain then passed the bottle and the Spirit drank his share,'There is nothing wrong with that. If there is another you, then there must be another me. Perhaps there are even worlds where I am not a Zanpakuto but my own being separate being. We can either accept or reject our different selves but perhaps there is more to it than that.'

After that the talking came to a stop and the only sound was the vodka swishing about as it was passed between the two and the contents were decreasing. The Spirit was the first to start the conversation again,'What do you plan on doing next?' Metabee thought about it,'First, I'll finish the Kido which is something that I will leave behind for future generations, then I will fight the demons and if I don't die then I'll retire. I'm tired of this life. I'm tired of constantly seeing death and causing it, losing everything and never gaining anything. I just want some peace and solitude now.' The Zanpakuto replied,'I see,' and drank his share leaving them at less than half of the bottle. Half of the night was already behind them as well but they were in no rush and simply continued.

The sky became brighter as the sun started coming up which signified dawn. This meant that in around an hour or two Yoshirou would be waking up along with a few others so they finished the bottle and it was time to go. Metabee got to his feet and took a few steps before falling to his knees and gagging as the world was spinning. He hadn't eaten since the previous morning and he hadn't slept all night which made for a whopping combo. Acnologia approached him and helped him up as he put Metabee's arm around him and they slowly walked before leaving the mansion.

Their next stop was a shop where the Captain bought some breakfast along with a 2L bottle of water which restored his energy and eased off the effects of the alcohol enough for him to walk normally but they did not go back to the mansion and instead kept going to the barracks of other squads. Metabee had around 4 or 5 spare hours before training would begin so he wanted to do something useful. In the end, he informed the leaders of squads 1-4 about the incoming threat before returning to the mansion where Yoshirou and JDan had already begun their training.

• Like 1

Yoshirou didn’t see Metabee for breakfast but he did encounter Teschma and Nero so he ate with them. They had stayed out late last night and had a lot of fun doing so. Apparently Nero is a rock star at karaoke while Teschma is a wiz at the pool table. By the sounds of it Yoshirou left just a little to soon and missed out on all the excitement. Still he was happy that they had such a wonderful time.

Before heading to the training grounds Yoshirou stopped by the guards post on his way out the door. “Have you seen Metabee today?”

“No, Lord Kyoraku I’m afraid I haven’t,” one of the guards answered. “But shift change wasn’t that long ago. I can check with the main station for you.”

“Yes, please do. I’ll be heading to the training grounds as usual so just send word to me there,” Yoshirou says taking his leave. He took his normal route to the training area while thinking some things over- the hybrid technique and its progress as well as a name for it; the answer from the Odds N’ Ends, and the battles to come to name just a few topics. 

He didn’t have much time to dwell on these thoughts. He wasn’t even half way there before he was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a guard. “Jessica is everything ok?” Yoshirou ask surprised to see her.

“I will leave that for you to decide Lord Yoshirou,” replied Jessica bowing. “Lord Metabee was spotted leaving the Manor late last night heading towards the Industrial side of the grounds.”

“Ok so he was up late. Did you come personally to tell me that he is sleeping in today?” Yoshi asked. “If so I’m going to have to tease him for this one,” he thinks, donning a small smile.

“No my Lord, he never returned. Instead he was seen leaving the premises completely earlier this morning,” she said bowing her head again though this time it was because she knew the guards messed up by not reporting it earlier. There were a lot of new faces since the revitalization of the Clan. Likewise there were a lot of moving parts in well ran machine so of course they still had some kinks to workout before the new members were experts. But the important thing was that they were showing great improvement everyday.

“Raise your head, you did nothing wrong. It’s not like him to just up and leave so I’m sure he will be returning soon. However, if he’s not back by noon check with the Kido Corps and inform me immediately of what they say,” Yoshirou commands. “You know where to find me.”

Dismissed Jessica left and Yoshi continued on his way. “Metabee, is it your trial that has you acting so strangely?” he wonders. “I hope your ok.”

Yoshirou met up with JDan and explained what Jessica told him. Some how not even he knew yet which was a little troubling. JDan deeply apologized for the communication failure the security team currently displayed. Reassuring him everything is alright, Yoshirou states he has handled the matter. Discussing how to handle training they both decided that they didn’t want to progress without Metabee, as it was his findings that got them to this stage of the technique. Instead they continued training with only their bodies claded in natural energy. The more comfortable they got with this part of the technique the better; ideally the goal was to master it to the point that it was just another extension of their body.

They trained and practice for almost an hour when they spotted Metabee enter the building. Immediately they stopped what they were doing to greet their friend and while doing so Yoshirou ask if everything was alright? He stated his concern and waited for a reply. If everything was alright and Meta was up for Yoshi would ask about proceeding to the next part of training. 

• Like 1

When he entered the training grounds, JDan and Yoshirou instantly stopped training and ran up to him. Straight away, the Noble questioned him if he was fine which showed their concern. Metabee answered,'It's fine,' but said nothing more. He was then asked about the training,'Continue. I have nothing else to tell you. From now what shape and form the Kido will take is up to you. You know best what will be the most suitable for you so we just have to go with that. Though, instead of trying to do everything at once you can split it into a offensive and a defensive aspect first so when you get both of those down and combine them then that will be your Kido.'

With nothing more to say, the Captain would go to his usual spot and begin if the other two also agreed. He was definitely the offensive type so he would start with that first as he unsheathed his Zanpakuto. Now that they passed the trial they would be able to cloak their weapon in the energy so he figured that should be the first step to go. However, the question was how much energy was required and what kind of shape it should be given. He closed his eyes and thought about it. Destruction. That's what his Zanpakuto was about. This meant that the energy couldn't be calm or flowing like a small stream. He had it. The most optimal shape would be a fierce torrent of energy which he now imagined.

He then gathered dark energy using the same visual concept as before; a black circle with purple flames creating the circumference. Another point was that since this would be a constant Kido he would not be able to just gather energy and then release it and instead he would have to keep gathering energy and pumping it out for the Kido to maintain its form. He did as he thought and released the dark energy onto his Zanpakuto which caused a burst of energy around the blade but soon it stabilised and took its final form.

The energy constantly kept moving and its shape was quite sharp as the outline of it resembled small razor blades which definitely increased the cutting potential of the Zanpakuto. The dark energy was so concentrated that the blade was covered with small sparks here and there and black smoke was emerging from the blade itself as it was in glee over being in its natural element. Metabee swung his Zanpakuto but little did he know that a wave of dark energy was released as he did. This was another benefit of the Kido and one that he had to get used to so his next step was doing some practice swings. The stronger the swing the bigger the wave however, if the swing was very fast then no matter the strength only a thin wave would be produced that did not travel very far while a weak swing or a thrust did not produce any sort of wave. It would definitely be useful in battle but he has yet to learn everything about this stage and simply had to keep looking for more attributes that could help him.

• Like 1

The happy go lucky side of Metabee was nowhere in sight as he responded to Yoshirou and JDan. The Advisor greeted them though he sounded nothing like his usual self. Of course they both wanted to press him with more questions as they worried about him but were able to show self-restraint. Metabee was up for training and there was no reason to further sour the mood.

Before splitting up Yoshirou told Metabee where he could find the training mannequins if he needed them. He also instructed him on how to use them but it was pretty simple- you activate the bots you need, pick a setting, which the default is stationary, and then a starting point. It was unsafe to practice the Hado side of the technique on each other but the mannequins utilized nanotechnology. As long as they weren’t completely obliterated they would reconstruct themselves, making it a very durable training item. Since Bakudo was slightly safer JDan and Yoshirou both consented to being test dummies for Metabee, if need be, as they were already doing so for each other.

With nothing left to say, they each took up a different position in the arena and started their training session. Yoshirou was currently a day a head of the others so he had a rough idea of what kind of power output to expect. He had spent the previous day training his control on the technique though he still had a ways to go. He knew that with a swing of his swords it would inadvertently release a wave of light energy. Yoshi even manage to control the technique enough to cancel this effect in order to conserve energy, but it still wasn’t a kido. His goal from the beginning was to find a way to launch kido through the Zanpakuto; so that’s what he practiced today.

Yoshirou took five practice mannequins from the room they were stored in and set them up in standby mode. Even with sharing the grounds with two other people there was plenty of space to spread out and not feel cramped.

Standing roughly twenty-five yards back, Yoshi unsheathes a single Zanpakuto and activates the hybrid technique. He aimed at the target on the far right and swung his sword, but nothing happened. This was on purpose though as he was confirming that there was no leakage of natural energy, which would interfere with the results. Satisfied Yoshirou swung his sword in earnest hoping to release a Sokatsui, but again noting happen. Concentrating harder, Yoshi swung his blade three more times, but yielded the same results. “Ok, I’m getting ahead of myself. Let me take a step back,” he thinks to himself.

A fifth time Yoshirou swung his blade except this time he shouted out along with it. “Sokatsui!!” The blade clad in light sliced through the air releasing a ball of energy with it. It was indeed a Sokatsui even though its color was that of white light instead of the normal blue. It struck the target with such speed that was highly unusual from its counterpart. The bot's entire upper half, from its waist up, was missing as molted nanoids dripped to the ground. Immediately the bot discarded the unsalvageable pieces and started to reconstitute itself. The damage was much more severe than normal so it would take longer than usual to repair.

“Amazing,” states Yoshirou viewing the damage the mannequin received. “So I’m back to stating the kido’s name. I guess that’s my limit for now.” He wasn’t disappointed at all and very pleased with himself and the results but with that said he wouldn’t slack off now as it was far from good enough…

Edited by Yoshirou (Kyōraku)
  • Like 1

Metabee continued training with the waves for now as he tried out various stances and motions as well as strengths and weaknesses. It was quite useful to be able to launch an attack by simply swinging one's sword and especially when it didn't cost him any energy to do so. This was because the dark waves produced by his Zanpakuto were a by product of the energy that was already covering it so it required no extra energy to use it apart from maintaining the Kido. Being satisfied with this, the Captain decided to move onto something else.

He got the training bot that Yoshirou mentioned earlier and set it up to be stationary so that he could swing at it. First, he tested out the waves he was using before to attack it and try to pinpoint specific body parts but it proved harder than it looked. These waves were quite big so even if he aimed for a body part it would hit the rest of the body. This meant that if he actually wanted to dismember his opponent he would have to swing horizontally or vertically. He did so as he sent a vertical wave to cut off the bot's left arm right at the joint and then he followed up with a horizontal wave which removed its upper body. He didn't have to worry about the damage as the removed parts quickly came back.

Metabee then moved on to actual physical swings to see how much sharper the blade would now be. Once again, he tested various stances and strengths but the result wasn't surprising. His Zanpakuto was coated in raw dark energy so of course it would be sharper and required less energy to lethally damage his opponent. This was what he expected from the beginning but it would still prove useful against his opponents especially if they were to have a Hierro like Arrancars do so he wasn't disappointed. However, doing it on an inanimate target still didn't reveal the properties of the energy itself so he had to test it out on a living being.

He decided on himself as the Captain sliced his left hand. Blood exploded from his handas pain overcame him. There was a lot of blood, much more than one would expect when they cut their own hand. Black mist was escaping his wound and it felt slightly deeper than what he accounted for so if he hadn't been careful he could have been one hand less right now. Metabee immediately started healing his hand but noticed than it took longer which in turn required more energy. Looking at his now healed hand he had figured out the effects of this energy. It was a curse that increased the bleeding of wounds and made them harder to heal which could prove quite lethal to races which relied a lot on high speed regeneration. This meant that it would be perfect against their Tsumikami opponents.

• Like 1

Mean while…

The new regiment of training the Clan instated was really paying off. The members were not only fine-tuning their swordsmanship and kido but learning how to adapt them together into combat. While they were far from fusing them together they were interchanging, from one to the other, much more efficiently. More importantly they grew more comfortable doing so even though as a Clan they relied heavily on Zanjutsu.

Teschma and Nero were apart of these sessions and can even say they saw improvement as well. Being mercenaries their fighting style was different from the norm. If the proper style of Zanjutsu was martial arts then what they knew was professional street fighting. As such they gained a lot of knowledge in these past few days that help them further their prowess.

During their breaks they discussed over what there decision might be. They knew that they couldn’t take advantage of Yoshirou’s generosity forever and needed to give him an answer soon; so far it was a split decision. They both wanted placement in the Gotei 13 but didn’t agree on what to due about his offer to join the clan. Nero found the idea quite nice. He knew that he could easily get comfortable with a lifestyle of luxury and nobility. But on the other hand Tesch was still unsure. For him he’d rather not but knowing that Nero was planning on accepting the offer it made his choice that much harder.

• Like 2

Metabee kept training with his Zanpakuto and had to take breaks at least for 10 minutes every hour. While coating just the Zanpakuto took far less energy than the complete Kido would, it did still require a constant energy supply which was exhausting for anyone even if they had a large supply of energy. However, he did notice that it was now easier than before and didn't take as much of a toll on him. Before the trial, just using the modified Kido made him feel as if the dark energy was burning him from the inside and suffocating him,but now it didn't have that much of an impact on him. It must have meant that the trial made him even more attuned to dark energy.

During one of his breaks, the Captain looked at what the other two were doing to see if they came up with some revolutionary way for this though it didn't seem like it. Yoshirou too started by coating his Zanpakuto and was fixed on firing from Kido from his weapon. It was the point of the Kido after all but it seemed like he felt more comfortable so he probably had more practice while they weren't looking. As for JDan, being the defensive guy he started by coating his body in his earth energy and trying out various moves that would work equally well as defensive and offensive.

Even though he watched, in the end he took away nothing from it. He had to figure it out for himself and so he continued the same monotone training he had been doing up until now. Time passed and eventually he was too exhausted to continue as he hadn't slept in more than 30 hours now with half a bottle of vodka and mixed and matched breakfast. He lay on the ground looking up at the sky, not really thinking anything until he fell asleep. When he woke up it was dinner time and this time he would choose to dine with the rest.

• Like 2

JDan was diligently training like the others but advancing at a slower rate. The energy consumption was just too much for him to maintain it longer than a few seconds at a time, so firing of a kido or energy blast was out of the question. For now at least, with his work ethic and determination it was only a matter of time.

On the flip side of things Yoshirou was doing rather well. He’d practiced more on releasing the kido through his Zanpakutos. While it still felt strange to do so, it was much more convenient while wielding a weapon, especially if you duel wielded. Once mastered the benefits would be unbelievable. The Noble couldn’t help but smile at such a fact and be happy that one of his goals would soon be fully fulfilled.

By the time they were ready to call it quits, it was already dinnertime. JDan and Yoshi meet up first but Metabee was lying on the ground. He had been that way for sometime now but the others assumed he was meditating, though now they weren’t so sure. “I think he fell asleep,” says JDan.

“No, I’m telling you he’s meditating,” replies Yoshirou with is fingers secretly crossed as he hoped he was right. But before they could debate it any longer the Kido Commander opened his eyes, as if on cue.

“So how did things go today?” asked Yoshirou as they approached him. He hoped it was much better than the day before as he immediately secluded himself after training. If things went well they would proceed with their usual routine, which was to clean up and have supper.

• Like 2

When he woke up, the other two immediately approached him as they were done with their training and Yoshirou asked him how things went. Metabee nodded,'It's a start but there is still much to do. It's quite impressive how much potential this technique has and how powerful it is. It was a really good idea so if you have anymore let me know. We should be able to finish it by the deadline but now I could use some food.' Having agreed on this, the three would put away the training bots before heading to their respective rooms where they could have a quick shower.

Since they would be eating together, Nero and Teschma will probably be there and possibly even more clan members if the time was right which he didn't bother checking. He didn't want to look sour in front of everyone but the fact did not change that he was still not in a very talkative mood. However, he knew that the others were worried about him and so at the very least he wouldn't be isolating himself anymore. These were his thoughts during his shower and once he was done with it Metabee got himself dressed again and headed down to the dining room to act on them.

• Like 1

"At this rate we could finish ahead of schedule," replies Yoshirou before they all headed back to freshen up. 

After cleaning up and changing into a set of clothes that was not drenched in sweat, Yoshirou headed for the dinning hall. He moved with a little pep in his step knowing that Metabee would be joining him again. It was obvious something was different with him but at least he seems to be doing better tonight.

Before entering the cafeteria Yoshi was approached by Teschma and Nero. The atmosphere around them was much more formal and serious, like it was when they first arrived. “Lord Yoshirou Kyoraku, we have come to a decision on your proposal,” says Tesch.

“Excellent, lets speak in my office after tonight’s dinner. I look forward to hearing what your answers are,” replies Yoshi, smiling. He had planned on asking them if they came to a decision yet but they beat him to the punch. “Shall you two be joining us supper?”

The two Vizards nervously looked at one another before replying. “Well, yes and no. We’ll be eating here but we made some friends during training who asked us to eat with them tonight,” Nero answers.

Now understanding their hesitation the Noble laughs aloud. “Haha, that’s completely fine,” he says thinking it was actually really awesome that they were able to do so. “You two enjoy yourselves. When your done just hang around the Manor and I will send Harold for you when I’m ready.”

They agreed and all entered the dinning hall together though went there separate ways right after. The room was lively but Yoshirou didn’t spot JDan or Metabee yet, though shortly after grabbing his food he noticed Meta enter. For now he simply waved so that he could go claim a table before there were none. It was the first time they caught the main dinner rush since their training started and it was far more crowded to say the least.

After securing a table Yoshirou started eating, he was starving after the long training sessions and knew the others would understand as they’d to the same. It wasn’t long though before Metabee arrived. “It’s definitely a different scene in here when we’re on time isn’t it,” he said greeting his friend. Yoshi wanted to jump right in to the matter of “what’s wrong with Metabee,” but decided it was best to ease into the topic. “I bet seeing it so lively only makes you miss your Division more; again thanks for being here and helping out so much.”

• Like 1

Before they split up for dinner, Yoshirou said that it looked like they could finish before the schedule which made Metabee think. It was the second day of the second week which gave them five full days to complete the Kido. While it would be far from perfected he was also almost certain that they could produce something of substance but most likely not before the schedule since they might run into more problems that they didn't know of yet. In the end, he only answered with a 'Perhaps'.

After his shower was done and he was dressed in fresh clothes, he headed straight to the dining hall which seemed to be quite loud this time. After entering, he saw a mass of people eating and drinking together. This was his idea after all. It was their first time that they actually made it on time for dinner where everyone was here, or maybe not since he wasn't here yesterday he didn't know how it turned out. Metabee looked around with his keen eyes and quickly spotted Teschma, Nero and Yoshirou though it didn't look like the three would be eating together since Teschma and Nero were sitting at a table with some Clan Members.

Yoshirou too quickly spotted him and waved as he went to get a table. Metabee nodded in response and now it was his turn to get his food so he got a plate and picked out some food that was still left and food that he really liked which made his plate look full but it was a small mix of everything, though that was how all you can eat buffets usually ended. After he was satisfied, Metabee joined Yoshirou at the table and even though JDan wasn't here yet the Noble had already started eating and so the Captain didn't hesitate either. It was better warm, right?

The Noble greeted him by saying that it was a totally different experience when everyone was here to which Metabee agreed,'It is. It's nice.' Yoshirou then continued saying that this must make him miss the Kido Corps but the Captain shook his head,'It's only been two days since I've seen them. I'm not as clingy as you.' He didn't have any ill intent in saying so, it was simply a small jab/tease about his personality. Yoshirou then thanked him for being here and helping out. Metabee answered,'It's alright. Thanks for having me and putting up with me.' Even though he wasn't in the mood now, he did have fun before and appreciated all the things that the've done for him.

• Like 1

Nero and Teschma split off from Yoshirou, meeting up with their newly acquainted friends, after grabbing a hot plate of course. It was a little cliché but 2 of the 3 people they met up with were Vizards, Nolan being one of them. He along with Jessica hand managed to track them down at Lord Kyoraku’s command.

Dinner for them progressed cheerfully but even so Teschma remained distracted throughout most of the course. He couldn't help but think about their meeting later with Yoshirou and how everything, once again, was about to change for them. But perhaps that’s why he had made the choices he has so far- nothing remaining the same, the scenery and situation always changing, but maybe this time would be the last.

­­­

-----

“When a man deems something important he can be a little clingy, haha,” says Yoshirou in-between taking bites of food. From the start of the conversation Metabee seems to be returning to his normal self. Maybe they were worried for nothing but then Yoshirou remembered back to the look in Meta’s eyes. It was like peering into a bottomless pit of sorrow, pain, loss and a bit of regret all mixed into an awful concoction. No, they weren’t over reacting, Yoshi made up his mind to inquire about the situation. Without JDan around maybe Meta would reveal a little more than he would have otherwise.

Yoshirou took a sip of water, clearing his throat, and took a shot. “If any thing you’re the one putting up with all this, on top of all my shenanigans. But I’m glad you are doing better. You were really out of it the after your trial, you gave us a little scare. I can only assume that your trial was far different than ours but I’m still at a loss as to what happened. What exactly did your Zanpakuto make you do?” he asked. Of course if he refused to answer and preferred not to talk about it Yoshirou would drop the subject but as a friend he would always lend an open ear. 

• Like 1

Yoshirou answered his comment in his normal happy tone. It was a perfectly normal response but after it silence fell. The atmosphere between the two became more awkward recently as Metabee was no longer as chatty as he was two days ago though it was clear to see that the others were worried about him. However, they didn't try to treat him any more different than they usually would and simply behaved like normal which was something that he greatly appreciated. He didn't want or need any of that and it would have only made the situation worse.

The Noble then summoned up the courage and asked what his trial was. Metabee knew he was trying to lead into this ever since he completed it and their curiosity was fully justified as they saw him drastically change to an almost different person. The Captain stopped eating and gathered his thoughts. His response was,'Nothing.' That was the truth. His Zanpakuto didn't make him do anything. He was just shown a different and better reality. However, he couldn't leave it at that. Now was not the time to keep secrets from each other. He would simply have to grit his teeth and push forward.

Metabee would then continue,'My trial was to make a simple choice between two alternatives. My Zanpakuto showed me another world in which I never became a Shinigami. There I had it all. In that world Elena never died. She was there with me for every moment of it. We spent our lives in the World of the Living. We both had jobs, we bought our big dream house which we worked so hard and long for. Even with the house, we felt that perhaps it was still a bit lonely so we adopted a dog who was just as happy. I saw Elena walking down the aisle in her pure white wedding dress as we got married. Then, in the end, among the bustle and the fireworks of New Years Eve she told me that she was pregnant. That is the world I was shown. I didn't simply see it but I also felt everything that happened. I had to decide in which world I wanted to continue living in.'

The fact that he was still here and himself signified what his answer was. This concluded his summary of the trial but then he remembered one last detail which wasn't as significant,'Oh, and my real name is Vincent apparently.' Saying that, he was truly done saying everything that happened and now it was Yoshirou's turn to share his thoughts.

• Like 1

“Nothing,” replied Metabee causing Yoshirou to have a perplexed look on his face. Thankfully the Commander further elaborated clearing up the confusion, though it didn’t make things much better. Yoshi turned from dumfounded, to angry, to sad then furious though; he did better to hide it from Meta than he did initially.

What a horrible trail to have to go through, was his Zanpakotu Spirit evil? To place that type of burden on his friend’s shoulders, now of all times, put a bad taste in his mouth. His answer was obvious though, as he was sitting here before him, which brought a smile to his heart. Meta finished by informing him that his real name was Vincent.

Finally it made since. Only an emotionless bastard wouldn’t be effected by that trial, and a lesser man would have failed completely. There was no way to be certain that you could trust the Zan Spirit to pull off such a feat. There’s a serious chance that the other option would have lead to a comma of sorts. Anyways Yoshi couldn’t go on without giving some sort of “words of encouragement,” and thankfully he knew exactly what to say.

“If you give life to the possibility that, that reality is real or could some how exist, somewhere no matter how small the chance. Then you must believe that an infinite amount of possibilities exists where any conceivable scenario is true. What I mean is that there is perhaps a world where she becomes a Shinigami instead, to protect you. Or even one where both of you become a Shinigami, sharing the same surname and Division. And I could go on and on, but ultimately what I’m getting at is that for every… unfortunate reality there is also a more fortunate one to balance it out,” Yoshirou states. Of course that was if other realities existed but the main point was to relieve some of the tension from Metabee’s heart. If he thought about it from a bigger perspective then he might even return to his normal self soon.

Yoshirou took a sip from his glass giving Meta time to respond, if he wanted to. If not then Yoshi would continue. “So do I call you Vincent now?”

“Why would you call him Vincent?” asked JDan as he took a seat.

Yoshirou was so caught up in the moment that he didn’t notice JDan till he was right there. “Ah, long story short it’s possible that it could be Metabee’s real name.”