Metabee    224

As Metabee was telling the story of his past, not once did he turn to face Yoshirou. Instead he would look at the scenery infront of him or he would occasionally glance at the grave as if to say,'Hey, remember this?' The reason he didn't face his friend was because he knew he wouldn't be able to hold back the tears if he did. He had to accept her death but even so he would never be able to let go of these emotions. If someone was to ask him what was the most important time of his life, Metabee would say the time he spent with Elena without a second of hesitation. She gave him a name. She made him who he is now. All that he has achieved now, he owed it all to her. Yet, that person was no longer able to stand beside him and celebrate those achievements with him. To this day that fact broke his heart. Any time he thought about her all these feelings surfaced.

Once he finished the story for the first time he turned to face the Noble. He saw a tear run down his face,'Hey! Don't cry!' Tears also welled up in his eyes,'You're going to make... me cry too.' Metabee said as he turned away again and wiped his eyes. The Captain was a man that never cried, no matter how bad things got. The exception was this very thing. That's why he avoided thinking about it for long periods of time; because it would always end in tears.

Metabee then showed a picture of him and Elena to Yoshirou and after he was done he looked at it himself. His index finger ran down her cheek. It was a warmth that he would never be able to feel again. The picture then dematerialised and his friend said that he was honoured to hear it,'I'm glad to be able to share it with you.' The Noble had more questions which he began to ask. The first one was why he didn't take up Ainsworth as his surname,'Well, usually the wife takes the surname of the husband not the other way around. Besides, we didn't get married. Though I'm sure if I got a chance to ask her she would say yes in a heartbeat....You know what...yea... let's go with that. Metabee Ainsworth.' Perhaps he should have done this 65 years ago but his mind was too broken to do so. Now he could proudly take on the name of Ainsworth. With their bond they didn't need something like a ceremony. He came to realise this now. They didn't need to prove their feelings to anyone else. They knew how deeply they cared for each other and they they would do anything to keep being together. Without a doubt Elena was the best wife he could ever ask for. Maybe someday if someone was to ask 'Who was Ainsworth?' people would laugh at them for not knowing. He didn't want her to be forgotten. Not even after he would be gone.

The second question was how and what made him change. He actually had to think about this one. It wasn't easy to answer a question about change. Those around you would easily be able to perceive if something about you changed but you yourself often didn't think much about it. Metabee answered the question,'I didn't. A big chunk of me is still missing. It will never return. Though if you're asking me why I crack jokes like its nothing is because I have to. I had a lot of time to think in the Maggot's Nest. I knew Elena wouldn't want me to keep being depressed and stuff. I had to continue living for her sake. I had to enjoy new experiences like she would. I know that's how she wanted me to continue. It took me a very long time but... I came to appreciate the little things again. Nothing in particular made me change. I just didn't want her to look down on me and be sad. Her smile is the most precious to me after all. However, to this day I still feel regret. I promised to protect her yet I let her get killed. It's the same with Kido Corps. I'm not able to protect anyone. No matter how strong I get.'

The third question was when he became a Vizard,'It was during my time at Maggot's Nest. I don't remember much from then to be honest... I think that I had the Hollow cells in me ever since I died but it wasn't enough to become a Vizard. My spiritual pressure is sensitive to negative emotions so back then it became particularly intense. That caused the Hollow cells to become active and multiply until my Inner Hollow was born. Though he didn't show any signs of existance until after I was released.' That was probably the end of questions so Metabee let out a sigh and made a slight smile,'Visit her once in a while, will you? I'm sure that would make her happy. She hated to be alone.'

Since they were done talking about his past it was time to talk about his future. Metabee looked into Yoshirou's eyes. He knew what had to be done and he wouldn't cower away from it,'Listen, wielding darkness is no easy thing. My spiritual pressure has always been unstable though there are also times when it has been perfectly fine. The truth is that inside me, the source of my power, is actually the concentration of all negative emotions and all evil deeds and desires you can possibly think of. All evils of the world. The closer I become to my Zanpakuto the closer I become to 'that'. I don't blame him though. It's not his fault. He was actually kinda nice about it. When we first met he said something along the lines of,'The Lord of Darkness cannot be one that does not know suffering. Go, I give you your life but you must remember, your destiny is already decided. One day you will succumb to the darkness within you and destroy all that is precious to you. If you decide to give up before that day, say the word and I will hasten that destiny.''

On this hill of memories, infront of the grave of the one that was most precious to him, a promise between two men will be made. The Captain continued,'There will come a day when I will lose control of my spiritual pressure. When that day comes I will no longer be the person you know and there will be no going back. When that happens you must kill me so that no harm will come to anyone. Promise me. I don't want to become a person that Elena would hate. I don't know when that day will come. It can happen tomorrow or it might not happen for another 100 years. Maybe I will be able to retire and live the rest of my life peacefully. I don't know. For as long as I can I will hold it off. I still have to live more for her so I won't be giving in easily. In the event that it does happen, you know what to do.' Until the very end the woman named Elena Ainsworth would be everything that keeps him going. He had already died once and decided that he would give this life to her. Although he couldn't stop being himself, Metabee wanted to try to live the rest of his life like she would. Always cheerful and talkative. Always being so optimistic about everything. Always radiating with life and hope.

Edited by Metabee
  • Like 1

Metabee then answered Yoshi’s first question blaming it on tradition and the fact that they didn’t get married. Ultimately though the name Metabee Ainsworth resonated with him well enough that he took it. “A love like yours out weighs tradition. Trust me no one would dare question the reason you took that name,” Yoshirou says shaking his right fist hinting that he would deal with any who did. Yoshi chuckled at himself realizing what he’s done. He lowers his fist and lets Meta answer his final two questions.

Like with all lovers that lose their soul mate Metabee had a void that could never be filled. Even so it was for her sake that he regain the strength to carry on. Even in death she was still helping Meta continue forward, such was the power of their love and bond. There was still a felling of regret Meta felt being unable to protect those he sworn to. Yoshirou knew very well where he was coming from after losing so many close to him while not being around to defend them. Yoshi sighs deeply before responding, “I don’t have much room to talk as I too have failed miserably but I’ll tell you what helps me. I’ve sworn since then to give it my all and find a way to improve as often as I can. I saw that being the Noble that I was would only lead to stagnation or failure. So I changed and became the noble I am to day.”

Meta confirmed Yoshirou’s theory that he became a Vizard after the Maggots Nest. Its not like going in there will turn you into one but it would surely bring out any darkness that’s already inside you. Finished with the answers Metabee smiles asking him to visit as Elena hate being alone. Placing his hand on Meta’s shoulder Yoshi gave the only answer that was acceptable. “Of course my friend it would be my privilege.”

The Kido Commander then becomes usually serious as he speaks about the darkness contained inside of him. At first Yoshirou thought him to be joking but as he continued it was obvious it was the opposite. Metabee loved to tell jokes and play pranks but this was not that; nor would he do something like that here of all places. Yoshi had no choice but to believe every word he said no matter how difficult it was. By the time he was done explaining everything Yoshi’s mouth was left agape.

It was obvious that Metabee was waiting on a promise but what was he suppose to do? Immediately reply that he would, giving it no thought without any care in the world. No it was something that had to processed and understood before he could come to a conclusion. He had no problem hunting down traitors within the clan and even kill or sentence them to death. But someone that was acting involuntary was a different story. There had to be another way. “I promise… I promise I will do everything to find away to save you if that time comes. But, but if there is no other way I will honor you with a proper death. I’ll even bring you here to rest beside Elena,” Yoshi says though they were not easy words to speak. 

• Like 1

Metabee    224

After Metabee answered his question, Yoshirou made a short comment that their love didn't need such traditions. The Captain nodded,'Yea, definitely. I'm not embarrased to take on her name or anything. I'm actually very proud to be able to do so. I'm in the records of Soul Society so I will be remembered either way but I just don't want her to be forgotten. Still, it would have been nice to hear that 'yes'. Being able to hear that magical 'yes' is one of the biggest moments of happiness for a man. You will come to know that some day.

After the second question, Yoshirou mentioned that he also had regrets and failures but the only thing they could do was try and improve. He wasn't wrong but it may never be enough. It was just the way the world was. No matter how hard one worked there was always something that would ruin all that effort in a matter of seconds. This would lead to disappointment and the cycle would start anew. This was one of the reasons he wanted to leave Soul Society and retire. That way he could live peacefully without having to worry if someone will die during a mission. He had experienced enough of death and pain for one lifetime. All he wanted now was to spend the rest of his time peacefully where he could have the same worries as normal humans.

The Noble had no other comments on his third answer and accepted his favour of visiting Elena. Metabee smiled,'Thanks. I'll be coming on more of these trips so that I can visit her. I'll come to help too.' As he told him of his spiritual pressure it seemed that Yoshirou didn't know what to think but it was all hard to believe and he knew that. It was still true though. Once he was done it took his friend a while to think it over but in the end he accepted saying that if it does happen he will let him rest with Elena. Metabee smiled,'Thank you. I would like nothing more. But, like I said I'm not going to give in easily. I still want that house by the lake. Besides, I never listened to my Zanpakuto and I don't plan on it. That lizard gets on my nerves too much.'

The Captain believed in stuff like destined meetings but when it came to individual destiny he only believed in it when it was beneficial and positive. That was because he knew that destiny could still be changed. Nothing was set in stone. He had overcome many bad situations and this would be one of them. As long as he still carried some hope within him he would not succumb to his darkness. There had to be ways to overcome it. For example if he was to lead a normal life he wouldn't have to use his spiritual pressure anymore. However, there were still things that he had to do.

Metabee let out a sigh,'Well, lets go back shall we? I did everything that I needed to. For now I should be safe from lightning.' After saying so he turned to the grave and spoke,'You hear that? Don't try anything funny.' He then smiled,'I will be back.' As long as Yoshirou didn't protest they would start to get going.

• Like 1

Metabee continued to speak transparently. It was the most open he has ever been around Yoshirou. Perhaps anyone as Yoshi is the only one he’s told so much about his past too. It was understandable wanting to hear those fabled words nearly every man longs for. Love loss through death sure was one of the most horrible things you could experience. The feeling was far different than that of a one sided break up. The person didn’t just leave voluntarily but was forcefully taken. Turning and churning your insides into knots until you’re so pale on the outside you’re unrecognizable…

“Would I be a coward if I told that fact scares me some times,” Yoshirou says. Love is a double edge sword, which they’ve both learned from experience already. Such a cold hard fact couldn’t just easily be forgotten nor ignored.

Brining the conversation back to a lighter side Meta states that he will visit Elena more often. This was because he would be helping out with more of these types of trips in the future. “You’ll always be welcomed to help out. The more hands the better.” All though now they were over staffed for this trip it was better to turn down willing help than need it and its no where to be found.

---

They both say their good byes to Elena as they head back to the convoy. It was good to see Metabee still capable of being humorous despite the circumstances. It proves that no matter how hard or difficult Metabee was still able to heal even if it’s only a little bit at a time.

The trek through the woods didn’t take nearly as long as it did on the way here. This was because there was no need to collect any of the wild flowers that grew randomly here. Although they left the grave the atmosphere still reeked of depression and sadness. “So your Zanpakuto Spirit is a lizard?” Yoshi asks making conversation. “Can he save me fifteen percent or more on my insurance?” Yoshi giggles. He hoped to mimic Metabee and tell a joke to light the mood; he owed him that. Though he was unsure if Meta would get it as it was something that he heard in the Human World.

• Like 1

Metabee    224

Their talk was going nicely and with the more emotional stuff out of the way, they were returning to being their normal selves. After his response, Yoshirou says that he was scared about marriage which made him laugh loudly,'Hoo boy. Not at all. It takes a lot of guts to ask a girl out, even more so to marry you.' The Captain put his arm around the Noble's head to tease him,'Luckily for you, you have many candidates you can practice with. Olivia? Scarlett? Jessica? Or maybe even Cathleen and Marie? Just not at the same time. You'll die.' A purple light appeared in his left hand as an item appeared. It was a hairband with cat ears attached to it,'And should you ask I can give this to you.' As if he needed to rely on some scientists. He will do it his own way! The hairband then disappeared and Metabee returned to his previous position.

The Noble welcomed him for future trips and Metabee shrugged,'Even if I wasn't welcome I would still come. Just make sure I'm not in the vicinity of any bandits. Just like you can't forgive Aiden I won't ever forgive them.' Since it was time to leave, they said their goodbyes and began to leave. However, just a few steps later there was a big gust of wind and a massive leaf hit him right in the face causing him to turn back. Standing there was Elena. She warmly smiled and waved at him but with a single blink of the eye she was gone. Metabee smiled and they continued on.

After they left the woods, it would only be a bit longer until they would reach the entrance of the district. Yoshirou sparked some conversation asking if his Zanpakuto Spirit was a lizard and if it would save him insurance. Metabee answered,'He's a massive black dragon so it's not wrong but he hates being called that. He does have a human form too though. I don't really understand the joke but he doesn't make deals. You can ask my Inner Hollow though. I'm sure that after you let him possess your body and a few violent threats later you would definitely get a discount.' Right on cue his Inner Hollow spoke,'Ooh, can I?' Metabee clicked his tongue,'No, you mong. Do you have sand instead of a brain? As if I would let you out.' His Inner Hollow complained,'See this is why no one likes you!' The Captain answered,'No one likes you either! But the difference is I'm free.' These two were such a handful but he will have to put up with them for many more years.

Edited by Metabee
  • Like 1

After Yoshirou’s comment about marriage the Commander responded encouraging him. There seem to be a slight miss understanding as Yoshi was not afraid to ask someone but afraid of failing to protect them when they would most need it. But before he could clear it up Meta continued with a tease following it up with the ultimate accessory.

Yoshi turned bright red in the face not knowing how to respond at first. In Metabee’s hands was the holy grail of Yoshi’s weakness no any anime/manga fan, which he most definitely was. Although he’s never disclosed that secret to anyone the Commander picked up on it immediately, before they even left. Once Metabee dematerialized the cat ears hairband Yoshirou was able to regain his composure. “I’ll take a rain check for now but be prepared to fulfill that promise,” he says with excitement.

The previous excitement calms down and they were about to make there way back. It was then that Metabee said a name that Yoshirou could have went an eternity without hearing again. No even that was to short of a span to describe how much he disliked that name. Yoshi quickly turns to Metabee. “That’s different.  To compare Aiden to mere bandits is severely down playing his atrocities… but I get the point your trying to get across,” he says as they were beginning to make there way back.

It certainly didn’t take them long to travel the majority of the distance back. Breaking the brief silence Yoshirou sparks up conversation starting with a joke. Metabee then informs him that his Zanpakuto spirit is a Dragon to be precise and hates being called a lizard. Other than that the joke went completely over his head but it wasn’t his fought. The joke was from some stupid TV commercial that played regularly in the Word of the Living. Or at least it used to. It had been some time since he’s been back so he wasn’t sure if it was still being advertized. “As helpful as that might be I will have to pass on that offer. Not really in to possession nowadays,” he replies with a wry grin.

It was later in the evening when they returned to the convoy. The atmosphere wasn’t as lively now as it was when they departed. This is because the spectacle they started earlier has winding down and concluding. There was only one line still open and with only a handful of people in it. They were most likely the stragglers and the people who did not believe at first now trying to rush to get one before it was to late. It was to be expected so as long as they still had Hand up bags left they would hand them out.

Kenlaw rounds the corner coming from where the food was served earlier. He had left a few minutes ago to make sure they were packing up and now returned once again. While not the first to notice Metabee and Yoshirou return he was the first to approach them. “Again with the timing of you two. The chefs are almost packed up and read to go. And once those few people have gone through we will be able to finish packing up here too,” he says pointing in the direction of the last line.

“Great. Sounds like everything went well while we were away,” says Yoshirou smiling.

“It went without a hiccup. Now its up to them to decide what to do with the supplies and knowledge we gave them,” answers Kenlaw.

“With time and a little bit of guiding anything is possible. Even the dreams of a crazy fool like me can come true,” Yoshi, responds happy all is well.

Without warning the surrounding air immediately thickens. A few people let out loud gasps of air in fear from the sudden change. Even the temperature felt as if dropped a few degrees. The last couple of people in line flee in terror as they run to there homes attempting to reach safety. Immediately Yoshirou turns to Metabee with a hint of worry. “That’s no mere bandit.” Although the output of energy wasn’t awfully high the concentration of evil was. It was a feeling that Yoshirou hadn’t felt in quite a while causing the hairs on his neck to stand on end. Returning to Kenlaw, Yoshi spoke. “Finish packing on the double. Have those that can, start setting up a perimeter and the rest join after packing. Be careful not to spread yourself thin. We can’t abandon these people but we are no use to them dead either. Metabee and I will head towards this presence and investigate. Now go,” he shouts snapping Kenlaw out of it.

This was no longer a charity but a battlefield where a moments hesitation could be your last. With haste Kenlaw runs and does as commanded. “Meta, I know now is not the time but I must apologize for continuing to volunteer you like this. Once again I’m in need of your assistance,” Yoshirou says vanishing. He was headed in the direction of the mysterious presence knowing that every second counted; luckily it was a little ways off so the people here should be safe.

>left thread

• Like 1

Metabee    224

The Captain's teases seemed to work as Yoshirou became red especially after seeing the hairband. Metabee's head was full of schemes that could make the Mansion more fun but it wouldn't be fun if not everyone enjoyed it which made things harder and he would have to resort to small scale sechemes. Once he was done joking around the Noble actually accepted the offer which made him surprised,'I don't have to stop at one. Making one for each female member wouldn't be a problem. Well anyway, I'm sure you'll find a great wife.

Just saying Aiden's name made Yoshirou react. Hatred ran through both of them but the target was different. Metabee didn't quite agree with the statement but he wouldn't say anything. Aiden was someone that was trained in combat so he knew how to quickly kill someone. While bandits obviously knew various ways to also kill people they took more joy in it and liked to play with their victims. However, both Metabee and Yoshirou had a reason for their hatred and that was enough.

As they were coming back they were talking about his Spirits but the Noble passed on the offer,'You're no fun. You don't know what you are missing out on!' A lot of time later, they returned to the centre of the district. It seemed that their work was almost done and it would soon be time to go. There was only a single queue remaining with only a few people in it. If they did manage to serve everyone then that was great. It would mean that they did everything that they could.

Once again Kenlaw approached them and said that everything went well and that the chefs were almost packed up. After they were done the long journey back would await them in the same carriage. Everyone must be tired so it probably won't be such a lively atmosphere and since it was evening there was nothing in particular to look at. It was then that a nasty spiritual pressure could be felt causing fear in people but Metabee was unmoved. He was used to feeling evil spiritual pressure but it clearly meant that it was no normal person that was releasing it.

The Noble commented that it was no mere bandit,'It's not a Shinigami either.' Since he was a Vizard he could tell the difference even at this distance. However, this still left many questions like why were they here and what did they want. Yoshirou then started shouting orders at Kenlaw to get packing and make sure everyone stays together to keep safe. Metabee let out a sigh and scratched his head,'What a bother.' He had hoped that they wouldn't get involved in anymore conflict this day and it seemed this would be no ordinary opponent either. They just might have to go all out but with the two of them it should be fine. He followed after the Noble as they headed towards this new threat.

Left thread

• Like 1