Metabee    241

As Metabee was telling the story of his past, not once did he turn to face Yoshirou. Instead he would look at the scenery infront of him or he would occasionally glance at the grave as if to say,'Hey, remember this?' The reason he didn't face his friend was because he knew he wouldn't be able to hold back the tears if he did. He had to accept her death but even so he would never be able to let go of these emotions. If someone was to ask him what was the most important time of his life, Metabee would say the time he spent with Elena without a second of hesitation. She gave him a name. She made him who he is now. All that he has achieved now, he owed it all to her. Yet, that person was no longer able to stand beside him and celebrate those achievements with him. To this day that fact broke his heart. Any time he thought about her all these feelings surfaced.

Once he finished the story for the first time he turned to face the Noble. He saw a tear run down his face,'Hey! Don't cry!' Tears also welled up in his eyes,'You're going to make... me cry too.' Metabee said as he turned away again and wiped his eyes. The Captain was a man that never cried, no matter how bad things got. The exception was this very thing. That's why he avoided thinking about it for long periods of time; because it would always end in tears.

Metabee then showed a picture of him and Elena to Yoshirou and after he was done he looked at it himself. His index finger ran down her cheek. It was a warmth that he would never be able to feel again. The picture then dematerialised and his friend said that he was honoured to hear it,'I'm glad to be able to share it with you.' The Noble had more questions which he began to ask. The first one was why he didn't take up Ainsworth as his surname,'Well, usually the wife takes the surname of the husband not the other way around. Besides, we didn't get married. Though I'm sure if I got a chance to ask her she would say yes in a heartbeat....You know what...yea... let's go with that. Metabee Ainsworth.' Perhaps he should have done this 65 years ago but his mind was too broken to do so. Now he could proudly take on the name of Ainsworth. With their bond they didn't need something like a ceremony. He came to realise this now. They didn't need to prove their feelings to anyone else. They knew how deeply they cared for each other and they they would do anything to keep being together. Without a doubt Elena was the best wife he could ever ask for. Maybe someday if someone was to ask 'Who was Ainsworth?' people would laugh at them for not knowing. He didn't want her to be forgotten. Not even after he would be gone.

The second question was how and what made him change. He actually had to think about this one. It wasn't easy to answer a question about change. Those around you would easily be able to perceive if something about you changed but you yourself often didn't think much about it. Metabee answered the question,'I didn't. A big chunk of me is still missing. It will never return. Though if you're asking me why I crack jokes like its nothing is because I have to. I had a lot of time to think in the Maggot's Nest. I knew Elena wouldn't want me to keep being depressed and stuff. I had to continue living for her sake. I had to enjoy new experiences like she would. I know that's how she wanted me to continue. It took me a very long time but... I came to appreciate the little things again. Nothing in particular made me change. I just didn't want her to look down on me and be sad. Her smile is the most precious to me after all. However, to this day I still feel regret. I promised to protect her yet I let her get killed. It's the same with Kido Corps. I'm not able to protect anyone. No matter how strong I get.'

The third question was when he became a Vizard,'It was during my time at Maggot's Nest. I don't remember much from then to be honest... I think that I had the Hollow cells in me ever since I died but it wasn't enough to become a Vizard. My spiritual pressure is sensitive to negative emotions so back then it became particularly intense. That caused the Hollow cells to become active and multiply until my Inner Hollow was born. Though he didn't show any signs of existance until after I was released.' That was probably the end of questions so Metabee let out a sigh and made a slight smile,'Visit her once in a while, will you? I'm sure that would make her happy. She hated to be alone.'

Since they were done talking about his past it was time to talk about his future. Metabee looked into Yoshirou's eyes. He knew what had to be done and he wouldn't cower away from it,'Listen, wielding darkness is no easy thing. My spiritual pressure has always been unstable though there are also times when it has been perfectly fine. The truth is that inside me, the source of my power, is actually the concentration of all negative emotions and all evil deeds and desires you can possibly think of. All evils of the world. The closer I become to my Zanpakuto the closer I become to 'that'. I don't blame him though. It's not his fault. He was actually kinda nice about it. When we first met he said something along the lines of,'The Lord of Darkness cannot be one that does not know suffering. Go, I give you your life but you must remember, your destiny is already decided. One day you will succumb to the darkness within you and destroy all that is precious to you. If you decide to give up before that day, say the word and I will hasten that destiny.''

On this hill of memories, infront of the grave of the one that was most precious to him, a promise between two men will be made. The Captain continued,'There will come a day when I will lose control of my spiritual pressure. When that day comes I will no longer be the person you know and there will be no going back. When that happens you must kill me so that no harm will come to anyone. Promise me. I don't want to become a person that Elena would hate. I don't know when that day will come. It can happen tomorrow or it might not happen for another 100 years. Maybe I will be able to retire and live the rest of my life peacefully. I don't know. For as long as I can I will hold it off. I still have to live more for her so I won't be giving in easily. In the event that it does happen, you know what to do.' Until the very end the woman named Elena Ainsworth would be everything that keeps him going. He had already died once and decided that he would give this life to her. Although he couldn't stop being himself, Metabee wanted to try to live the rest of his life like she would. Always cheerful and talkative. Always being so optimistic about everything. Always radiating with life and hope.

Edited by Metabee
  • Like 1

Metabee then answered Yoshi’s first question blaming it on tradition and the fact that they didn’t get married. Ultimately though the name Metabee Ainsworth resonated with him well enough that he took it. “A love like yours out weighs tradition. Trust me no one would dare question the reason you took that name,” Yoshirou says shaking his right fist hinting that he would deal with any who did. Yoshi chuckled at himself realizing what he’s done. He lowers his fist and lets Meta answer his final two questions.

Like with all lovers that lose their soul mate Metabee had a void that could never be filled. Even so it was for her sake that he regain the strength to carry on. Even in death she was still helping Meta continue forward, such was the power of their love and bond. There was still a felling of regret Meta felt being unable to protect those he sworn to. Yoshirou knew very well where he was coming from after losing so many close to him while not being around to defend them. Yoshi sighs deeply before responding, “I don’t have much room to talk as I too have failed miserably but I’ll tell you what helps me. I’ve sworn since then to give it my all and find a way to improve as often as I can. I saw that being the Noble that I was would only lead to stagnation or failure. So I changed and became the noble I am to day.”

Meta confirmed Yoshirou’s theory that he became a Vizard after the Maggots Nest. Its not like going in there will turn you into one but it would surely bring out any darkness that’s already inside you. Finished with the answers Metabee smiles asking him to visit as Elena hate being alone. Placing his hand on Meta’s shoulder Yoshi gave the only answer that was acceptable. “Of course my friend it would be my privilege.”

The Kido Commander then becomes usually serious as he speaks about the darkness contained inside of him. At first Yoshirou thought him to be joking but as he continued it was obvious it was the opposite. Metabee loved to tell jokes and play pranks but this was not that; nor would he do something like that here of all places. Yoshi had no choice but to believe every word he said no matter how difficult it was. By the time he was done explaining everything Yoshi’s mouth was left agape.

It was obvious that Metabee was waiting on a promise but what was he suppose to do? Immediately reply that he would, giving it no thought without any care in the world. No it was something that had to processed and understood before he could come to a conclusion. He had no problem hunting down traitors within the clan and even kill or sentence them to death. But someone that was acting involuntary was a different story. There had to be another way. “I promise… I promise I will do everything to find away to save you if that time comes. But, but if there is no other way I will honor you with a proper death. I’ll even bring you here to rest beside Elena,” Yoshi says though they were not easy words to speak. 

• Like 1

Metabee    241

After Metabee answered his question, Yoshirou made a short comment that their love didn't need such traditions. The Captain nodded,'Yea, definitely. I'm not embarrased to take on her name or anything. I'm actually very proud to be able to do so. I'm in the records of Soul Society so I will be remembered either way but I just don't want her to be forgotten. Still, it would have been nice to hear that 'yes'. Being able to hear that magical 'yes' is one of the biggest moments of happiness for a man. You will come to know that some day.

After the second question, Yoshirou mentioned that he also had regrets and failures but the only thing they could do was try and improve. He wasn't wrong but it may never be enough. It was just the way the world was. No matter how hard one worked there was always something that would ruin all that effort in a matter of seconds. This would lead to disappointment and the cycle would start anew. This was one of the reasons he wanted to leave Soul Society and retire. That way he could live peacefully without having to worry if someone will die during a mission. He had experienced enough of death and pain for one lifetime. All he wanted now was to spend the rest of his time peacefully where he could have the same worries as normal humans.

The Noble had no other comments on his third answer and accepted his favour of visiting Elena. Metabee smiled,'Thanks. I'll be coming on more of these trips so that I can visit her. I'll come to help too.' As he told him of his spiritual pressure it seemed that Yoshirou didn't know what to think but it was all hard to believe and he knew that. It was still true though. Once he was done it took his friend a while to think it over but in the end he accepted saying that if it does happen he will let him rest with Elena. Metabee smiled,'Thank you. I would like nothing more. But, like I said I'm not going to give in easily. I still want that house by the lake. Besides, I never listened to my Zanpakuto and I don't plan on it. That lizard gets on my nerves too much.'

The Captain believed in stuff like destined meetings but when it came to individual destiny he only believed in it when it was beneficial and positive. That was because he knew that destiny could still be changed. Nothing was set in stone. He had overcome many bad situations and this would be one of them. As long as he still carried some hope within him he would not succumb to his darkness. There had to be ways to overcome it. For example if he was to lead a normal life he wouldn't have to use his spiritual pressure anymore. However, there were still things that he had to do.

Metabee let out a sigh,'Well, lets go back shall we? I did everything that I needed to. For now I should be safe from lightning.' After saying so he turned to the grave and spoke,'You hear that? Don't try anything funny.' He then smiled,'I will be back.' As long as Yoshirou didn't protest they would start to get going.

• Like 1

Metabee continued to speak transparently. It was the most open he has ever been around Yoshirou. Perhaps anyone as Yoshi is the only one he’s told so much about his past too. It was understandable wanting to hear those fabled words nearly every man longs for. Love loss through death sure was one of the most horrible things you could experience. The feeling was far different than that of a one sided break up. The person didn’t just leave voluntarily but was forcefully taken. Turning and churning your insides into knots until you’re so pale on the outside you’re unrecognizable…

“Would I be a coward if I told that fact scares me some times,” Yoshirou says. Love is a double edge sword, which they’ve both learned from experience already. Such a cold hard fact couldn’t just easily be forgotten nor ignored.

Brining the conversation back to a lighter side Meta states that he will visit Elena more often. This was because he would be helping out with more of these types of trips in the future. “You’ll always be welcomed to help out. The more hands the better.” All though now they were over staffed for this trip it was better to turn down willing help than need it and its no where to be found.

---

They both say their good byes to Elena as they head back to the convoy. It was good to see Metabee still capable of being humorous despite the circumstances. It proves that no matter how hard or difficult Metabee was still able to heal even if it’s only a little bit at a time.

The trek through the woods didn’t take nearly as long as it did on the way here. This was because there was no need to collect any of the wild flowers that grew randomly here. Although they left the grave the atmosphere still reeked of depression and sadness. “So your Zanpakuto Spirit is a lizard?” Yoshi asks making conversation. “Can he save me fifteen percent or more on my insurance?” Yoshi giggles. He hoped to mimic Metabee and tell a joke to light the mood; he owed him that. Though he was unsure if Meta would get it as it was something that he heard in the Human World.

• Like 1

Metabee    241

Their talk was going nicely and with the more emotional stuff out of the way, they were returning to being their normal selves. After his response, Yoshirou says that he was scared about marriage which made him laugh loudly,'Hoo boy. Not at all. It takes a lot of guts to ask a girl out, even more so to marry you.' The Captain put his arm around the Noble's head to tease him,'Luckily for you, you have many candidates you can practice with. Olivia? Scarlett? Jessica? Or maybe even Cathleen and Marie? Just not at the same time. You'll die.' A purple light appeared in his left hand as an item appeared. It was a hairband with cat ears attached to it,'And should you ask I can give this to you.' As if he needed to rely on some scientists. He will do it his own way! The hairband then disappeared and Metabee returned to his previous position.

The Noble welcomed him for future trips and Metabee shrugged,'Even if I wasn't welcome I would still come. Just make sure I'm not in the vicinity of any bandits. Just like you can't forgive Aiden I won't ever forgive them.' Since it was time to leave, they said their goodbyes and began to leave. However, just a few steps later there was a big gust of wind and a massive leaf hit him right in the face causing him to turn back. Standing there was Elena. She warmly smiled and waved at him but with a single blink of the eye she was gone. Metabee smiled and they continued on.

After they left the woods, it would only be a bit longer until they would reach the entrance of the district. Yoshirou sparked some conversation asking if his Zanpakuto Spirit was a lizard and if it would save him insurance. Metabee answered,'He's a massive black dragon so it's not wrong but he hates being called that. He does have a human form too though. I don't really understand the joke but he doesn't make deals. You can ask my Inner Hollow though. I'm sure that after you let him possess your body and a few violent threats later you would definitely get a discount.' Right on cue his Inner Hollow spoke,'Ooh, can I?' Metabee clicked his tongue,'No, you mong. Do you have sand instead of a brain? As if I would let you out.' His Inner Hollow complained,'See this is why no one likes you!' The Captain answered,'No one likes you either! But the difference is I'm free.' These two were such a handful but he will have to put up with them for many more years.

Edited by Metabee
  • Like 1

After Yoshirou’s comment about marriage the Commander responded encouraging him. There seem to be a slight miss understanding as Yoshi was not afraid to ask someone but afraid of failing to protect them when they would most need it. But before he could clear it up Meta continued with a tease following it up with the ultimate accessory.

Yoshi turned bright red in the face not knowing how to respond at first. In Metabee’s hands was the holy grail of Yoshi’s weakness no any anime/manga fan, which he most definitely was. Although he’s never disclosed that secret to anyone the Commander picked up on it immediately, before they even left. Once Metabee dematerialized the cat ears hairband Yoshirou was able to regain his composure. “I’ll take a rain check for now but be prepared to fulfill that promise,” he says with excitement.

The previous excitement calms down and they were about to make there way back. It was then that Metabee said a name that Yoshirou could have went an eternity without hearing again. No even that was to short of a span to describe how much he disliked that name. Yoshi quickly turns to Metabee. “That’s different.  To compare Aiden to mere bandits is severely down playing his atrocities… but I get the point your trying to get across,” he says as they were beginning to make there way back.

It certainly didn’t take them long to travel the majority of the distance back. Breaking the brief silence Yoshirou sparks up conversation starting with a joke. Metabee then informs him that his Zanpakuto spirit is a Dragon to be precise and hates being called a lizard. Other than that the joke went completely over his head but it wasn’t his fought. The joke was from some stupid TV commercial that played regularly in the Word of the Living. Or at least it used to. It had been some time since he’s been back so he wasn’t sure if it was still being advertized. “As helpful as that might be I will have to pass on that offer. Not really in to possession nowadays,” he replies with a wry grin.

It was later in the evening when they returned to the convoy. The atmosphere wasn’t as lively now as it was when they departed. This is because the spectacle they started earlier has winding down and concluding. There was only one line still open and with only a handful of people in it. They were most likely the stragglers and the people who did not believe at first now trying to rush to get one before it was to late. It was to be expected so as long as they still had Hand up bags left they would hand them out.

Kenlaw rounds the corner coming from where the food was served earlier. He had left a few minutes ago to make sure they were packing up and now returned once again. While not the first to notice Metabee and Yoshirou return he was the first to approach them. “Again with the timing of you two. The chefs are almost packed up and read to go. And once those few people have gone through we will be able to finish packing up here too,” he says pointing in the direction of the last line.

“Great. Sounds like everything went well while we were away,” says Yoshirou smiling.

“It went without a hiccup. Now its up to them to decide what to do with the supplies and knowledge we gave them,” answers Kenlaw.

“With time and a little bit of guiding anything is possible. Even the dreams of a crazy fool like me can come true,” Yoshi, responds happy all is well.

Without warning the surrounding air immediately thickens. A few people let out loud gasps of air in fear from the sudden change. Even the temperature felt as if dropped a few degrees. The last couple of people in line flee in terror as they run to there homes attempting to reach safety. Immediately Yoshirou turns to Metabee with a hint of worry. “That’s no mere bandit.” Although the output of energy wasn’t awfully high the concentration of evil was. It was a feeling that Yoshirou hadn’t felt in quite a while causing the hairs on his neck to stand on end. Returning to Kenlaw, Yoshi spoke. “Finish packing on the double. Have those that can, start setting up a perimeter and the rest join after packing. Be careful not to spread yourself thin. We can’t abandon these people but we are no use to them dead either. Metabee and I will head towards this presence and investigate. Now go,” he shouts snapping Kenlaw out of it.

This was no longer a charity but a battlefield where a moments hesitation could be your last. With haste Kenlaw runs and does as commanded. “Meta, I know now is not the time but I must apologize for continuing to volunteer you like this. Once again I’m in need of your assistance,” Yoshirou says vanishing. He was headed in the direction of the mysterious presence knowing that every second counted; luckily it was a little ways off so the people here should be safe.

>left thread

• Like 1

Metabee    241

The Captain's teases seemed to work as Yoshirou became red especially after seeing the hairband. Metabee's head was full of schemes that could make the Mansion more fun but it wouldn't be fun if not everyone enjoyed it which made things harder and he would have to resort to small scale sechemes. Once he was done joking around the Noble actually accepted the offer which made him surprised,'I don't have to stop at one. Making one for each female member wouldn't be a problem. Well anyway, I'm sure you'll find a great wife.

Just saying Aiden's name made Yoshirou react. Hatred ran through both of them but the target was different. Metabee didn't quite agree with the statement but he wouldn't say anything. Aiden was someone that was trained in combat so he knew how to quickly kill someone. While bandits obviously knew various ways to also kill people they took more joy in it and liked to play with their victims. However, both Metabee and Yoshirou had a reason for their hatred and that was enough.

As they were coming back they were talking about his Spirits but the Noble passed on the offer,'You're no fun. You don't know what you are missing out on!' A lot of time later, they returned to the centre of the district. It seemed that their work was almost done and it would soon be time to go. There was only a single queue remaining with only a few people in it. If they did manage to serve everyone then that was great. It would mean that they did everything that they could.

Once again Kenlaw approached them and said that everything went well and that the chefs were almost packed up. After they were done the long journey back would await them in the same carriage. Everyone must be tired so it probably won't be such a lively atmosphere and since it was evening there was nothing in particular to look at. It was then that a nasty spiritual pressure could be felt causing fear in people but Metabee was unmoved. He was used to feeling evil spiritual pressure but it clearly meant that it was no normal person that was releasing it.

The Noble commented that it was no mere bandit,'It's not a Shinigami either.' Since he was a Vizard he could tell the difference even at this distance. However, this still left many questions like why were they here and what did they want. Yoshirou then started shouting orders at Kenlaw to get packing and make sure everyone stays together to keep safe. Metabee let out a sigh and scratched his head,'What a bother.' He had hoped that they wouldn't get involved in anymore conflict this day and it seemed this would be no ordinary opponent either. They just might have to go all out but with the two of them it should be fine. He followed after the Noble as they headed towards this new threat.

Left thread

• Like 1

The pair said their parting words. Metabee went to his room while Yoshirou went to the dinning hall that the butler and maids used. Its not that they were not allowed to eat with the rest of the clan, but given their duties most of them had to eat in-between tasks while on duty. While off duty the majority of them ate with everyone else.

Yoshirou enters the small dinning room, which honestly it was more accurate to call it a large break room. “I knew I’d find you all here,” he says looking at Jessica, Harold, JDan and a few others. Harold would typically come here and drink a little when he was worried. Initially he was going to have him send for Jessica but now there was obviously no need.

“Thank goodness you’re alive,” they all seem to say at the same time just differently worded.

Yoshirou throws up both hands out as if saying stop calm down a little. “Yes, yes we’re ok. Thankfully we all make it back safe and sound. I know it was a hard order for to follow but you have my thanks for holding off the “welcoming committee” till tomorrow; everyone really needed their rest.”

“Yes it was hard but we understand,” says one of the maids that have been there the longest along with Harold.

After the heartfelt greetings were over the majority of them left until only JDan and Jessica remained with him. “JDan I see your doing a lot better now,” Yoshirou says slightly teasing.

“Ha…ha, get it out while you can. It will be a long time before I drink like that again,” JDan replies crossing his massive arms. “This body is a temple and lets just leave it at that.”

“Ok Mr. Temple. Training resumes tomorrow so I expect you there. Since we are still in the beginning stages we didn’t want to proceed without you,” Yoshi says then telling his friend good night.

JDan apologized, swearing no matter “hell or high water” he’ll be there. (it is an old American expression meaning no matter what.) He then told the pair good night and took his leave. Jessica was about to take her leave as well but Yoshirou spoke first.

The atmosphere becomes far more serious than before. “Are you well rested,” Yoshi asks knowing that she had to cover for JDan on top of her own shift and duties.

“Yes my Lord. JDan relieved me halfway through the day so I was able to get some sleep in before hearing about the news concerning the convoy," she replies. 

“Good, then if you are up for it I have a mission for you that I need carried out with the greatest of haste,” says Yoshi.

Jessica immediately falls to a knee, “I await your orders Lord Kyoraku.” In all her time serving under him she has never refused a mission and while not perfect her success rate was commendable even among the top.  She had even served as Yoshirou’s Vice-Captain for a while in Squad 13 so her track record was by no means short.

A few minutes go by while they go over the mission and the necessary details. Essentially, Yoshi asked her to find a certain group and bring back a representative, peacefully of course. His intentions wasn’t to harm them but to hire them…

“So are we clear?” asks Yoshirou.

“Yes, find the Vizard mercenary group called Odds n’ Ends, that you’ve heard rumors of, and relay your request for an audience. But what if they don’t exist or aren’t convinced. I’m sure they will expect it to be a trap,” replies Jessica.

Yoshirou crosses one arm, placing his other elbow on top while cupping his chin with his hand. He looked like a mathematician thinking about a century old problem. “Hump, its worth the risk as I’m confident that they exist, I’ve read a few different reports which further credits the previous.  Well, shall you escort me to my room.”

“Yes of course the pleasure is all my Lord Kyoraku,” says Jessica standing back to her feet then leading the way. Since the mission was currently a secrete they made small talk along the way. Yoshirou asked for the day’s status report and other boring stuff.

Entering the room Yoshirou quickly heads to a dresser up against the wall near the bathroom. He scurries through it momentarily until finding what he was looking for. “Here take this and show no one unless necessary,” he says handing the item over to her.

The item was loosely wrapped in a navy blue silk like cloth. “This is…”

“Yes it’s the official seal of the Kyoraku Clan. You should now know the importance of your mission. If it comes to it use that to show them how sincere I am. So lets not waste anymore time. Pick any guard to accompany you as a partner except for JDan. I’m also granting you access to the Clan’s Senkaimon. That is all,” informs Yoshirou.

“I will not disappoint you,” Jessica says before disappearing all classic Shinigami like.

Alone at last Yoshirou lets out a deep heavy sigh. “Well things are going to start moving pretty fast from here on out. I wonder how much it will all change…” he thinks to himself, amongst other things, while taking a quick shower then getting some much needed rest. 

• Like 1

Metabee    241

When Metabee woke up the sun was already high in the sky meaning that it was a bit after noon. It was a pretty late time to wake up, even for his standards, and he was sure that everyone was scurrying about doing their duties without fail. However, considering the time they got back at the Captain was able to get an average 7 hours sleep. He sat up and looked out the window but the sun shone directly on his eyes so he put his arm over them as if to run away from the light.

Thinking about lights, he was reminded of the sight he saw last night but wasn't sure if it was just some weird dream or if it was real. As far as he knew Shinigami only had one Inner World which should not change, yet such a phenomenon happened right before his eyes. He wanted to check it as soon as possible but if he went in his boxers like he was now the two Spirits would surely have a field day making jokes out of it. So, Metabee got out his bed and went to have a shower and got dressed. He then made his bed and stepped out to the balcony.

The Captain closed his eyes and entered his Inner World. In reality, it was very bright and the sun was high up in the sky but in his Inner World there was no sign of a sun or a moon, there was only a dark sky filled with stars. There were many lights surrounding him but he didn't even know if they were real or artificial. He bent down and took a flower into his hand. Even after being separated from the earth, the light given off by the flower did not fade,'How peculiar,' he said to himself. Metabee didn't recall seeing any flower like this before, especially ones that glowed but even if he wanted to examine what caused this light he couldn't take it out of his Inner World.

However, just like the previous night his two Spirits didn't show any signs of themselves. If something bad happened to them he would have known so they must be fine. He looked around as he explored but still no sign of them until the only place that he didn't look was the castle. Was it even safe to enter it though? The words of the flames caused him doubts. As long as he didn't sit on the throne nothing bad should happen but at the same time he had no guarantee of that. In the end, he decided to go in and explore.

The gates of the castle opened themselves as soon as Metabee got close to them as if inviting him further in. Torches on the wall lit up as he walked which brightened up the the long corridor. From the gates it looked to be a straight long corridor up until another set of big doors which was probably the throne room. A red carpet filled the corridor and there were many decorations on the walls like all sorts of weapons or ornaments. However, what got his attention the most was large pictures that covered the majority of the walls. The first few were very blurry and couldn't be recognised but the further he got the more he realised what they showed. They were his life events. Good or bad, anything of importance was illustrated on these pictures.

All the pictures made him feel weird but if you thought about it wasn't this how Zanpakuto Spirits saw the lives of their owners? They would watch the lives of their owners 24/7 for all eternity but they would find that a lot of it was simply mediocre. However, throughout that life were many highlights, ones that were now illustrated as pictures in his case. It made sense in a way for them to be here but it didn't exactly make him feel any better as it felt like some outsider was looking into his head.

Finally, Metabee reached the doors of the throne room and walked through them. The throne room was quite a large room but compared to the many decorations of the corridor it felt quite empty. The main attraction of the room was where the red carpet ended, the throne. The room was not at an equal level as there were several steps leading towards the throne which showed clear superiority. On both sides of the throne were torch stands which were lit but they were the same black flames he saw yesterday. The throne itself looked comfortable but it wasn't empty. Sitting upon it was an adult man, who apart from his white shirt wore all black from head to toe. He was dressed in a black suit with the addition of a trench coat of the same colour it was quite similar to what Metabee was wearing right now actually. The stubble on the man's face revealed his age but also gave him an aura of wisdom, his messy black hair could be said to be quite long for menly standards though it wasn't even long enough to reach the collar of his coat.

The man's black eyes briefly glowed in an orangey tint as soon as they saw Metabee,'Have you been enjoying the sights? Perhaps you would like a seat? Here, I even hired a personal jester for you,' a malicious grin appeared on his face as he said the last part. In this new Inner World not even the appearance of his Zanpakuto remained the same. Was it still the same person? His Inner Hollow appeared in the room wearing a jester outfit, which truly was quite a comical sight but the Captain wasn't in the mood for jokes,'What is the meaning of this?'

His Zanpakuto answered,'What ever do you mean?' Metabee frowned,'All these changes!' Acnologia sighed,'Have you never head of a Zanpakuto hiding it's true form? It is more common than you think. Before now you could be said to be quite immature and thus my form reflected that, but now you have proved yourself to be quite mature and therefore my form also changed to reflect that. Simple to understand, is it not?' He did have a point. Some Zanpakuto didn't reveal their true form if they didn't believe their master was worthy and that also reflected in the state of their Shikai and Bankai. The Captain asked another question,'What about the Inner World?'

The Zanpakuto Spirit spoke as if it was natural,'The same principles apply. The Inner World of a Shinigami is a reflection of their heart, therefore your heart also changed and your current world represents that. It took the form of a wasteland because you were lonely and isolated yourself from the rest of the world. That did not even change during the happiest times of your life. Even while you were with Elena, the rest of the world did not matter and your world only consisted of you and her. After her death it became much worse as your Inner World was thrown into turmoil from constant storms and hurricanes. However, things are different now. While you might still be somewhat isolated you have found yourself a place that you belong along with friends that you can trust. Furthermore, you have come to terms with the death of your beloved and so your perception of the world change to what you see now. Even though it may be dark, there is always a small light that gives you some kind of hope.'

It was quite a lengthy explanation but it didn't seem to be anything extraordinary like he thought it would be. It all seemed quite natural. He did feel a bit more mature with how the way things were going and at least his mental state seemed to have made progress. Metabee had one final question to ask,'Was that you yesterday?' Acnologia shook his head,'No. We were present but that being must have blocked out our presence. It only seemed to be interested in you while we were pushed away.' That made him even more curious,'Who was he then?' The Zanpakuto Spirit frowned,'Not who but what. They were the remains of a dangerous being that would be quite problematic if he were still to be alive. You must be careful. If he returns, you will be hunted.'

He still didn't understand but it didn't look like his Zanpakuto would tell him. The only way was to find out himself. Shortly afterwards, Metabee left his Inner World and returned back to reality where only a few minutes went by. The Captain then left his room and went to meet up with Yoshirou. He wasn't sure if they would be training for the rest of the day but one thing was sure and it was that he needed breakfast...or lunch.

• Like 1

It had only been about an hour and a half since Yoshirou woke up but it felt longer. Since washing up this morning and leaving his room he’s been going none stop. So much so that he had to eat his breakfast on the going despite not having a proper meal the night before. Under different circumstances these conditions might warrant a union meeting or strike perhaps…

Among the many tasks Yoshirou has already checked off his “to do list” was speak with JDan. As head of security he needed to know about Jessica’s whereabouts though he would not be informed of the missions details; for now Yoshi wished to keep it under wraps. By the way Jessica chose to take Gemma with her, which was a splendid choice. Not only have they been on missions before in the past but Gemma also has a brother that’s a Vizard. With no concrete leads on their whereabouts it’s certainly a good start to assume that a Vizard might know or heard about a Vizard Merc group. Perhaps her mission wont take nearly as long as he assumed it might.

There was also a mound of paperwork that needed to get sorted through, but more importantly the Noble had to create an official document of approval for Kenlaw. Although any supplies, manpower, and money would come from the Clan they still handled all business matters, even volunteer work, with the proper procedures; documenting and logging all the required info.

Although there was still more papers and documents to sift through Yoshirou needed a break. With the events of yesterday still heavy on his mind he headed to one of his favorite places to simply sit and ponder; the main gardens that the upper rooms over looked. Besides its peacefulness the other reason he liked this garden so much was that the guards knew not to disturb him there unless its an emergency, although Metabee was a different story.

He sat on a bench while thinking over things, staring off into the vast assortment of colors in front of him. It was his favorite sections of the garden that he called the wild flower garden, which was very misleading. It wasn’t wild flowers at all but numerous different plant species living together side by side creating this beautiful canvas of color you see now. Something that should be almost impossible but there’s no denying the facts before you; only if the world was really like this...

• Like 1

Metabee    241

The first location that Metabee decided to check was the dining room. Both his and the Noble's hunger was at the same level and both of them needed a good breakfast to be able to do their duties. However, upon turning up at the dining room he was greeted by Scarlett and Olivia while there was no sign of Yoshirou. When asked about this the two maids said that Yoshirou was so busy with his duties that he took his breakfast on the go.

On the contrary, Metabee was not in a rush so he decided to sit down and eat calmly and at his own pace. The maids checked on his from time to time and even made small talk about his first impressions of the previous day. Metabee avoided mentioning anything negative to them and managed to keep it positive all the way through. Like Harold said they had their own battle to fight in the mansion so they shouldn't be worried about unneccesary things. However, that wasn't fully possible. They would worry about them either way. There was nothing worse than feeling powerless and being able to wait for the result but nonetheless the Captain wanted to ease their burdens. Everyone did.

After he was done eating, he thanked the maids and continued on his search for Yoshirou. In this massive mansion it was very hard to find a specific person so in the end he decided to ask one of the guards. They directed him to a garden so now that he knew where to go heading there was no big problem. When Metabee arrived there he found the Noble by himself sitting on the bench. The garden was empty save for all the different kinds of flowers and the two Shinigami. The Captain approached him and sat on the bench. He raised his right foot to his left knee and rested his elbows on the back support of the bench before letting out a sigh.

Surely both of them had a lot on their mind following the previous day but this mood will not do. Metabee then slapped the Noble in the back of the head,'No sulking! Seiretei has been invaded countless times but each time we prevailed. Of course there was a lot of damage done but each time it was rebuilt. Our two squads were destroyed but here we are, with everything as normal. If Seiretei falls, as long as there is Shinigami we will rebuild and if not we will simply find a new place to reside. The Quincies were meant to be on the brink of extinction but they seem to be doing fine, just in smaller numbers.' It was not the end of the world and it wouldn't be. They would always find a way, no matter which race it was.

• Like 1

“Hey what was that for?” Yoshirou asked surprised. Metabee quickly replied explaining his thoughts. “Ah, you misunderstand. I know what you say is true and I have fully confidence in your words but what gets me is something different. I truly believe what I said earlier and that good will always find away but… Everything will to start changing again and after yesterday’s events and it will happen at a much faster pace.”

Pausing for a moment, Yoshirou gazes back at the flowers. “I should probably even start planning a “will” so that the Clan has a clear direction and leadership just incase. Things I’ve put off for far to long. Ah, but anyways…” Yoshi stands up, facing Metabee. Right now they were alone so it was the best time to talk about things they didn't want others to hear. Not because they were being secretive but there was no need to cause a panic or needless worry over things they didn't fully understand yet. “So what do you think about him and the gates of Hell appearing?” He was referring to Sama’el. Its not often you get to witness the gates of Hell as close as they did nor meet such a Sinner.  

• Like 1

Metabee    241

Yoshirou was surprised to be slapped by Metabee but he listened nonetheless. Both of them weren't very confident about the future but they couldn't give up now just because they were threatened. However, Metabee was a bit bothered about how the Noble kept mentioning that good will always prevail and stuff like that,'You know you keep saying that good will always triumph but to begin with, what is good and what is evil? How do we define them? What if there was a person that had done many evil things in his life but he could still be called a good person? That's why I think that life is full of gray areas instead. Neither the demons nor the Gotei are innocent. From our perspective it might look like we are the good ones but lets say a Quincy would overlook this conflict, which side would they deem as the evil one?'

Obviously, the Captain believed in the statement too but he couldn't fully agree with it. It was just another case of 'life just isn't that simple' but discussing philosophy wouldn't get them anywhere. Yoshirou then went quiet and mentioned that he should start planning a will,'You won't get far with an attitude like that. You want me to beat your ass?' The Noble got up and asked him his opinion about the Gates of Hell and Sama'el,'Well the Gates of Hell are nothing new, they've been around forever but damn I want a cloak like that.'

It was really hard to judge such a comples demon from just a single meeting but he was definitely strong and apparently there was someone even stronger than him. It would take at least 3 Captains and full strength to take on Sama'el so an even greater threat was quite problematic,'With our current lack of Captains in the Gotei it is quite problematic but it's not like we have anyone to turn to considering all the other races are at war with us. We are at a very big numbers disadvantage. Even among the Squads there are many inexperienced Shinigami who would struggle against a single Togabito, not to say a whole army of them. Furthermore, we have no definite way of killing them adn even with their time limit it wouldn't be impossible to destroy Seiretei. Our situation doesn't look very good.'

Yoshirou remained quiet as he listened to Metabee state his disapproval on his choice of words. Meta had a point though; good an evil is not something that you can easily define. What’s good for one person doesn’t mean it is good for another; so does that make them evil? Unfortunately good can vary depending on the circumstances. Yoshirou has spent a lot of time in the World of the Living and has come to fully understand this through the time his has spent there. And if you think the same can’t be said for evil then you are sorely mistaken. Take maintaining the balances of the 3 realms for example. Although its extremely rare and kept hush, hush when preformed sometimes there are purges. A necessary evil to keep the balance and preventing further catastrophe… but in killing a few to save the masses truly classify you as evil?

It’s easy for one to sit there and categorize good and evil. The hard part was to look beyond ones self and at the bigger picture, or the greater good. Something that’s often sought after yet rarely achieved; though Yoshirou strives for it constantly yet struggles everyday.

“I’ve heard countless times from multiple races that ‘Might equals Right,’ which I say is complete garbage. Good and evil can vary vastly but it’s the greater good that we Shinigami strive for, is it not? And I can promise you this. There are plenty of Quincys in Hell. Furthermore, if they could not see that the ‘demons’ are the evil ones then truly all hope is lost on a lasting peace between our two races,” says Yoshirou in response. He sincerely believes he was right and it was hard to argue with him when Hell is the realm were those that have committed horrible sins reside. Thus, obviously making them the evil ones right???

The conversation continued but when Yoshirou spoke of creating a ‘will’ it really seemed to tick Metabee off. If he only knew the things Yoshi was planning he would understand his reasoning for a ‘will.’ Meta would also do everything in his power to stop him hence why he hasn’t told him yet, but he would know soon enough. “Calm down I don’t plan on dying today,” Yoshirou says smiling. It warmed his soul seeing how much his friend cared for him, only making the things he needed to do in the future that much harder…

In typical Metabee fashion he lightens the mood by stating his desires for Sama’el’s cloak. It was very intriguing and frightening the way it seemed to absorb light; the pitch-black darkness was incomparable and those spikes protruding outward were insidious to say the least. The Commander further goes to state his opinion and he doesn’t hold back. All in all its not good for the Soul Society but this was often the case though perhaps this time really was the worse.

“You’re right it seems hopeless but is that not often the situation; it’s what the Gotei 13 ravels in,” says the Noble with a wry grin on his face. “Though on a more serious note I should tell you that I’ve already begun to put things into motion. Before I retired for the night I sent Jessica on a mission.” He pauses for a second, switching topics, before mentioning more. “I’m not sure if you would have received any reports on them or not but have you ever heard of the mercenary group called Odd’s n’ Ends? I know it might seem strange that I ask but they are not an ordinary merc group. In fact they are composed entirely of Vizards… and I’m sure you’ve guessed it by now but Jessica’s mission was to bring them or a representative here.“ Stopping there Yoshirou waited to see how Metabee responded and whether or not he knew of them. He was also curious as how he would react to this information; and to be honest it was only tip of the iceberg; none could image the daring plan Yoshirou Kyoraku was setting into motion. 

• Like 1

Metabee    241

Metabee listened to Yoshirou response who was very passionate about this sort of stuff. Discussions with him were always very interesting but as his Advisor he had to also show him different viewpoints. Although, their current discussion probably wouldn't affect any of their decisions it was also something to think about. However, thinking too much could become dangerous too so everything had to be done in moderation.

The Captain chuckled at the response,'Garbage? That's nonsense right there. You are missing a key concept here. They do actually make a pretty good point. Let's say there is a good and evil side and the evil one wins. If there is no one that can overthrow them, who will say that they are wrong? It is the strongest side that decides the future. Of course, methods and morals aside a victory is a victory, as much as we hate to admit it when we are on the losing side. How about that? Also let me give you something to think about. Even if you say that Shinigami strive for the greater good we also have blood on our hands, by definition doesn't that also make us Sinners? Then why is it that we are here in 'Heaven' and the Sinners are in Hell? Surely, if we are talking right or wrong it shouldn't matter when a sin was committed, it is a sin nonetheless. So, why are we excluded from this judgement? Is it for the sake of this so called 'Balance'? Who gets to decide this?'

Metabee said this with a mischevious smile but it was the painful truth that many of those who have reached the peak have realised by now. Who gets to decide? The Spirit King? God? The will of the Universe? Whatever it was, did it matter? In the end, living beings will always make the choice that benefits them and their closest ones the most, even if it means completely wiping out the opposition. Metabee was also like that. He believed in Fate and Destiny but as soon as it became unfavourable to him he would rebel against it without a second thought. He wanted to make sure that Yoshirou understood this but he also didn't want him to lose hope because of it.

After his remark on Yoshirou saying he should make a will he also said that he wasn't planning to die any time soon. With nothing more to say on the matter they moved on to the crucial talks. Soul Society's current position didn't seem good but it seemed that the Noble had planned something. He began by asking about a mercenary group called Odd's n' Ends which was supposedly a mercenary group composed of Vizards. It seemed that behind the scenes Jessica was sent to find one of them here although since it was his second day here Metabee couldn't have noticed her absence,'I haven't heard of them. I don't really put too much focus on smaller factions while the much bigger ones threaten us. Having more Vizards with us would definitely boost our strength but it wouldn't prove a significant difference in the grand scheme of things. So there must be something more to it on why you want them.' It didn't require someone smart to see that there must have been some sort of secret plan behind this since having ten or twenty more Vizards wouldn't change the outcome of such a big battle.

• Like 1

It was obvious the two Shinigami had apposing views on this subject. Yoshirou raised his hand with his finger point upward as if he was about to say something. “…” Instead he lowers his hand and simply laughs. “Hahaha.” Friends were aloud to disagree and furthermore Metabee was his Advisor. If he didn’t want to hear other opinions or apposing ideas he wouldn’t have filled the position.

Without addressing the topic any further they continued on to the nitty-gritty or more serious stuff. It wasn’t odd that Meta hadn’t heard of them before, at their peak they still only numbered ten. The only reason Yoshirou though the Kido Commander might have heard of them was because they were also Vizards, perhaps that was a bit of a stretch. 

To Metabee’s comment of something more Yoshirou couldn’t help but grin. “That’s enough of that for now. I will tell you more with the time comes,” he replies. “I’m not sure if I will divulge it all but if I do you will be the only person that knows the full truth my friend…” he thinks not uttering a word. “I know its mysterious but that time will be soon. Now, shall we resume our training, I can attest that JDan will be able to join us.”

• Like 1

Metabee    241

After his speech, Yoshirou looked like he wanted to say something but ultimately he gave up on it and simply let out a laugh. He found this disappointed as he wanted to hear the answer the Noble would have given him. This particular topic was always interesting to discuss because while everyone believed in something different, all version contained some kind of truth in them. However, with that the topic seemed to come to a close for now as they moved onto matters that actually could be solved.

Metabee denied the fact that he had ever heard about the mercenary group that Yoshirou asked him about but instead of continuing the topic he also seemed to kill this one off too saying that it wasn't the right time to talk about it which he was definitely going to call him out for,'Wow, what a way to be an ass. You make a person curious and then just end it there. Do you just leave the room too after you turn on a woman?'

The Noble had also mentioned continuing training so the Captain let out a sigh,'Didn't you have enough fighting yesterday? Even if you say training there isn't much for me to actually do. I showed you the basics so for now you two need to practice before we can do anything else.' Though that didn't change the fact that he had to watch over them so either way he got up and was ready to move to the training grounds.

• Like 1

Yoshirou was taken back by Metabee’s initial reaction, as he felt in entirely uncalled for. He had been forthright with everything he could including informing him of the mission he sent Jessica on. The only information he hadn’t divulged yet was how he planned on using the mercenary group but honestly he didn’t know entirely himself. He knew what he wanted to accomplished but was unsure if he could follow through with such drastic plans or if a better way might reveal itself... Truthfully Yoshi knew what he had to do but was still in denial after all it was a decision once made there was no return; but when it came down to it ‘there was nothing he wouldn’t do for his Clan!’

Perhaps Metabee could sense there was more, hence his frustration, which while blunt was well deserved. Before Yoshirou could respond Metabee continued stating his distaste for fighting today. The Kido Commander has been through a lot recently, some being, the destruction and reconstruction of his Division, his new role as Advisor to a Clan he was unfamiliar with, visiting the grave of his beloved and taking on her family name. And finally encountering an Espada level Arrancar as well as Sama’el himself just to name a few…

“You know as well as I do that every day is a fight nowadays. But even still it does get tiresome,” says Yoshirou who then turns and looks Metabee directly in his eyes. “Peace, complatency, hell even boring. Is it fate that wills for to something we cannot have? Or is it our curse, atoning for our sins that we disguise as righteousness.” Yoshi smiles if he knew Metabee at all he knew his interest was peaked and he certainly had an opinion on the topic. The Noble turned and resumed their short stroll. “Lets leave it at that for now and discuss it further later. How about you take the day and relax? As you’ve stated JDan and I have some practicing to do before we are ready for the next phase. You can take the day to rest or explore around the Manor’s property. I’m sure you have more than a few fans that would love to give you a more in depth tour,” he replied teasing the Commander a little. The Clan had plenty of libraries, shops, restaurants and bars, there was even a pool that was hard to compare too. There were many forms of entertainment that Meta could surely find something to do.

• Like 1

Metabee    241

It seems that after his initial comment Yoshirou was quite surprised which meant that it was quite effective. However, Metabee knew that he would be told when the time is due since if teh mystery plan is to be successful then he probably had some kind of role to play in it too. But for now it was decided that they should continue the training. The Noble said that every day is a fight which made Metabee chuckle,'Yea, a fight to get out of bed.'

Yoshirou then mentioned something concerning peace or a curse,'While it is true that long times of peace may get boring but only once your peace is taken away that you miss those 'boring' days and wish for it once more. Either way, we are beings that are never satisfied and will want something more.' The two of them then began walking to their destination while the Noble suggested that Metabee take the day off instead of wasting time with them. The Captain simply smiled,'True, that does sound quite tempting but maybe later. Even though I showed you the basics you might still need my advice and besides I need to keep watch over you so that you don't hurt yourself.'

• Like 1

With the “happy go lucky” atmosphere returning Yoshirou joked around as well. “That’s funny. I fight to make it to bed,” he replies with a big grin. Taking a second Metabee briefly responds to Yoshi’s next comment, which might have been taken the wrong way. “I think you misunderstand. I long for those boring days. Boring equals safe, things running and operating properly perhaps even growth. I like boring."

The Noble chuckled after hearing his own words and how cliché and ridiculous they sound. He hoped the Commander wouldn’t call him out on this, as he didn’t mean it word for word, just trying to get his pervious point across.

The pair exited the garden as Metabee rejected the idea of a day off. Even with everything he’s been through recently, not to mention his plate full of new responsibilities, he refused to slack off. As they walked towards the training grounds from before Yoshirou thinks back on yesterday. “Well the team of emergency workers should arriving at the demolished village anytime now. I hope there are no more incidents out there; things in that department are not going as I had planned” he says. He had hoped to bring those in the outer Rukon area prosperity and change but instead they might view him as the herald of destruction; the complete and utter opposite of what he wanted. At this point it was almost better if he wasn’t so ambitions and determined to help.

Yoshirou quickly cleared his mind of such thoughts. There was no point in giving the dead a victory now. Yoshi listened if Metabee responded but before he knew it they were at the training grounds. Like previously it was reserve just for them.

Waving from the middle of the sparring area was JDan. He was already sweaty and his clothes a little dusty. From the looks of it, it appeared as he was doing some zanjutsu training while he waited on them. Wiping the sweat off his face with a hand towel JDan approaches the others. “Its great to see you doing well today Lord Yoshirou, Lord Metabee. I can confidently say everyone here was worried about you all yesterday,” he says greeting them.

“Its good to see you again. A lot happened yesterday but the road ahead of us is even longer so lets not dwell on it for now,” Yoshirou responds.

Yoshirou gave Meta time to respond before continuing. “So Metabee, I guess JDan and I should just start with what you showed us the other day right?”

• Like 1

Lara Hyperion    266

Seigland would sigh as she rumaged through the garbage of the outer rukon district , "this is as low as i could be right now" she would say as she grabbed a dead child by his leg and him to the side "such savages"  no burial just in the trash they go huh? Seigland would cringe as she would pull out a flithy stinky worn old cloak it didnt have any stains , just dirt patches and an odor that could kill god himself. Seigland would gag a little , 'the things i do for this order!' she would think as she put it on checking to see if it covered her feet as well which it did effectively covering her uniform from view. And her face she hated the smell but she would bear it.

Seigland would then begin walking aroumd rukon dead quincy amd rukon citzens littered the streets , is this what she fought for? A world where the shores of innocence were drowned in blood? This was disgraceful. As seigland walked around she would see more and more poverty and death.....such injustice mucst be payed for in full , no one will ever move past the terror the magor inspired and breathed. "Now how do i get over there" she would say slowly walking twoard the seireite

ynos_sp_uniforms_by_helix_wing-d2zopcu.thumb.png.246f529d2e16095a31b30e9ec8c8006d.pnguniform to the left with boots and cap

Edited by Lara Hyperion

Metabee    241

Metabee sighed as Yoshirou replied saying that he fights it to make it to bed,'That's because you give yourself too much work. You need just as much rest as any other person.' The Noble then stated that he likes the 'boring' days which they experience to which the Captain nodded,'Mm, boring is nice.' How many boring days did they have left? Not even they knew but surely after this battle nothing will be the same. This will be the biggest scaled battle that Soul Society would experience and it's effects will be even bigger.

While they walked, Yoshirou mentioned that the emergency team probably reached the Rukongai village right about now,'I doubt anything bad will happen. They won't be making a move this soon. Both sides have to prepare. Also it's hard for a Hollow to come here too so I doubt there will be any incident like yesterday.' It was very likely that their preparation's still weren't complete because yesterday they had the biggest opportunity to invade with the Hell's Gate being open and the two of them being tired and the only Shinigami around, and yet they didn't. Therefore, they definitely still had time but how much, they will never be able to find out.

Soon enough, they reached the training grounds where they saw JDan training with his Zanpakuto,'Oh look, he's actually sober!' Metabee hasn't seen JDan's state personally the previous morning but it was quite clear but now he was already back to training and probably eagerly waiting for them. The man as big as a tree approached them and greeted them while adding that everyone was worried about them. The Captain nodded,'You too, sorry for worrying you.'

Without further delay, Yoshirou asked if they should continue from where they left off and he nodded,'That's right. First, master being able to quickly gather the energy quickly enough and then you can start by experimenting using it in attacks.' The Captain then turned his back to them and took a few steps forward. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. Metabee then spun on his heels to quickly face them again causing his coat to flutter about and he put his right arm forward as he raised his voice,'The time is nigh! A large scale battle approaches us! We must strengthen our forces to prevent the destruction of our homes once again! Our deadline to create this Kido is two weeks!'

Mastering a Kido that they just created would take too long so their goal was to create something that will be somewhat usable in combat and teach those able ones to use it. They had a lot of work ahead of them and even less time. With that declaration a race against time begins.

• Like 1

“I know mom your right,” Yoshirou said teasing the Commander. He understood it was all in good intentions and wish it was that simple. With everything that has happening recently it was getting further and further from possible. “Seriously though I know and I will try to take your advice,” he replies with a smile. He knew what lack of sleep could do and it would only another hindrance that they did not need. Metabee went on to agree that boring equals good and reassured him that the chances of something happening to the relief team was minuscule. “Thanks Meta I thought as much but it is still good to hear someone else say it.”

Arriving at their destination they exchanged greetings. “Yes and thankfully so. It’ll be while before I touch the stuff again,” JDan says as if he was dealing with something a little less legal. From his point of view yesterday it should most definitely be illegal. Yoshirou couldn’t help but chuckle at the way JDan responded.

After a brief hello the noble wastes no time getting down to business. Metabee confirms Yoshirou’s thoughts and reiterates what they need to do. It was in the next moment that the atmosphere around the Commander changes. It was unlike him to be so serious but it only served to drive the point home. He had taken initiative and gave the trio a deadline. With that they all knew what was required and expected of them.

“I couldn’t have said it better myself,” states Yoshirou.

“That’s a tall order, neigh impossible,” says JDan as he begins to smile. “Only serves to make it that much more fun, right!” he states enthusiastically.

“Haha, I like your perspective,” replies Yoshirou. “I will start by meditating. I think it will help reveal my preferred element.” Or so he hopes. In their previous training he was able to manifest lightning but not without the use of a kido as a jump starter. Before he progressed any further he thought it best to confirm whether that was the best choice or if another element resonated better with him. It wasn’t the only way to figure it out nor did he know if it was even correct at all but it was a place to start.

“I’ll practice on gathering and manifesting the energy as Metabee suggested, as I’m pretty confident mine is earth. Honestly its not that surprising,” says JDan.

"Nope not at all," Yoshirou remarks.