Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Aizen

Squad 11 Vice-Captain's Office

It was a sunny day and the sky was just perfect: filled with fluffy clouds that danced in that blue vastness. The tall woman hurried through Seireitei with a grim look on her face, desiring to reach her quarters as soon as possible. Lately her mood went from bad to worse and she needed to vent. Reaching the grounds of her Squad, Shinigami backed away as they saw their Captain. Her teammates knew her well and had enough brains to move out of her way when she was in one of those moods. Not even looking at anyone, Arya slammed the door of her office once she reached it and began rummaging through the papers. If there was something she hated that was others bossing her around, especially if that meant her working with others beside Shinigami from her Squad. Unfortunately, Captain-Commander wouldn't budge no matter how much she complained.

You're the best at what you do, Arya, he said. The state of Seireitei isn't what it used to be and what I ask of you is a priority so stop complaining and get to it. ​

The Kenpachi snorted just at the thought of it while still fiddling with the papers and waited for that girl.

• Like 2

Arimei was hurrying over to the Eleventh Squad barracks, handling the Squad matters as usual since the new captain had come. She has been promoted to Vice-Captain and had been handling everything since. She thought back to what the current captain had told her on the first day of the job.

It was just a regular day, a couples week after the change of the captain. Most of the squad members weren't very please, and even the former Vice-Captain was replaced. Arimei had gotten a call to the captain's office where she meet the infamous new captain for the first time. "Welcome, I have some news for you. You've been chosen as the new Vice-Captain and I hope you'll do better than the last one." She had been so surprised by the news all she could do was stand there stunned before the man.

Broken out of her reverie, Arimei realized that she had arrived in front of the Eleventh Squad's Captain's Office. She mentally debated whether or not just to head in, but decided to knock on the door instead.

As the time passed, Arya forgot about the unpleasant meeting with Captain-Commander as she realized that a lot of paperwork piled up. That wasn't something she liked and often left it to her Vice-Captain but every now and then, the woman had to deal with that dull part of captaincy. The only sounds one could hear coming from the office were screeching of quill on the parchments and occasional sigh coming from the woman. Numbers, lists and whatnot began giving her a headache, therefore she put the quill down and leaned back, putting up her feet on the desk. As she closed her eyes, Arya emptied her mind while taking deep breaths at the same time and just focused on the area around her. Laughter and chatter could be heard. People seemed to be in good spirits in her Squad and that made her pleased. Most of them were lazy bums and tried avoiding training and menial tasks as much as they could but they still justified their seats and positions. And then, an unfamiliar reiatsu was drawing near until she heard that person knocking on her door. That must be her, she thought and her eyes shot open.

Come in, the woman said in a quiet yet firm manner. Regardless of her previous frustration, Arya was curious to see what kind of person that girl was.

• Like 1

Arimei heard an unfamiliar voice that sounded like that of an older woman's. That must be the captain... She opened the door to see a regal seeming woman sitting at the desk. After coming up closer to her desk Arimei did a 180 degree bow. "Vice-Captain Arimei of Squad 5" The phrase still felt so foreign to her, even after saying it constantly in the short time.

At the first glance, Arya could say only one thing about the girl that entered the office only a second ago: she found her being cute given her size. A small girl with short dark hair and big eyes like that of a child. When she introduced herself, the Kenpachi raised her eyebrow. That was the Vice-Captain? The thought was amusing and she let out a chuckle as the woman removed her feet from the desk and sat straight up. Extending her arm, she showed Arimei to sit on the chair in front of her and spoke again.

Do you know why you're here, young one?

She wondered if the Captain-Commander explained his orders more detailed or if she was the one who had to do it. Analyzing the girl in front of her, smile never left her face and she couldn't help but ask herself if the girl was up for the task.

• Like 1

Arimei stood up straight, and took a seat at the desk. Seeing the Captain before her up close her previous impression was right: She really did have an air of regal to her somehow. She thought about the question asked her and to be honest, she didn't know at all. Her captain had simply left a note for her telling her that the had business with the Eleventh Squad so she headed over there after finishing some paperwork.

"No Ma'm," Arimei responded while clearing her throat. She had to honestly admit that she was slightly nervous before this Captain, and could feel from the look in her eyes that she was looking her over which only added to her nerves.

The woman knew the answer even before the girl replied.

Truth be told, I'm not surprised to hear that.

Saying that, Arya stood up and with her hands behind her back, walked over to the window, looking at the blue sky. Too much has changed, she thought. People were coming and going and only a handful of them remained from the time when Arya joined the Gotei. Many Shinigami died as well since most of them were inexperienced and too cocky to better themselves. However, Arimei didn't strike her as a cocky type of person. She was quiet and shy, probably nervous like hell too if she heard all the stories and tales about the her. Something which Arya had no intention of rectifying. Snapping out of her thoughts, she turned around and sat on the windowpane.

I don't socialize much with other Squads but judging by your behavior I would say that the Vice-Captain position is fairly new to you. However, you should have noticed the state of things around here and that's why you're here with me today.

Again it crossed her mind how petite the girl was and Arya wasn't exactly a gentle person.

You are to train with me and then pass that on to your Squad members. Gotei isn't at it's best for a while and that needs to be rectified immediately. Now tell me, what sort of experience you gathered so far?

• Like 1

After hearing what the captain had to say, Arimei sat there quiet for a moment. it was true, that she was new to the position. Actually, sometimes she felt like she had no idea what she was doing. However, she did for her squad. The squad that took her in when she first became a Shinigami. If it was to help better things in Seireitei, she would do it.

She judged from the Captain's tone so far that she didn't see Arimei as much so far, and she didn't blame her. Based on her short stature and appearance she didn't look the part of a Vice-Captain in any shape or form at all.

She sat up, and with a new found determination she spoke clearly. "If you think I don't have much strength physically, I can assure you I hold out well in close combat as Hakuda is my specialty." As she said that, she remembered how she got her zanpakuto. It was absolutely tiny, but the tanto worked to her advantage very well. "I also use kido, but mostly for healing..." At that her voice began to falter, for she was known for having very bad aim.

After saying all of that, Arimei was surprised at the sudden change in her own tone before it had faltered. She did not come on with such confidence until she was comfortable to do so, but she had just done so to a superior. She remember the last time she did, and it hadn't gone so well. She gulped in her seat, hoping that the result wouldn't be the same. Stupid impulse, I'm such an idiot!

The girl seemed to be more confident when she spoke and Arya listened to her, amused. The tone of her voice changed, however, and she became insecure at the end that Arya had to laugh cheerfully.

My, my, aren't you a feisty one!

Standing up, the woman approached her and ruffled her hair.

Good, I like that. It means you have spirits.

Maybe the task wasn't such a bad idea after all. Arimei seemed like a nice person and Arya was curious to see just how good her Hakuda was seeing that she claimed it to be her specialty. Taking the haori that hung on the wall and putting it on, the woman spoke again.

We don't use Kido as you must know so I would appreciate it for your own sake to avoid using it in my presence. Now, come with me. We're going to find ourselves a nice spot.

Arya headed toward the door and opened it wide, leaving the office. She was actually excited about the situation. It's been too long since she fought another female as all the members of her Squad were men. It could turn out to be quite interesting though the poor girl, regardless of her specialty, will have a tough time. Especially if she manages to get her in the right mood.

• Like 1

Arimei pouted as she fixed her hair and glanced out the doorway which the Captain had left from. She was thankful though, that she wouldn't have to use her kido. She might break something anyways, seeing as she never hit anything right using it. She got up to follow the captain until she realized she still didn't know her name.

"Um..." she hesitated at first, "I'm sorry if this is a bit rude of me but... how should I address you ma'm?"

• Like 1

Arimei's comment made her realize she didn't introduce herself and turned her head toward the girl.

Yes, sorry about that. My name is Kuchiki Arya and you can call me by my first name if you like. With me, you don't have to be so formal.

As they walked down the grounds of the Squad, Arya noticed the glances others gave them. Most of them were a mixture of curiosity as to who the girl was and amusement as they probably thought she'd have a hard time with their Captain. But the woman didn't plan on being hard with her from the start. Arimei wasn't an Elevener and Arya didn't expect her to fight in the way she was used to.

So tell me, how are things in your Squad?

• Like 1

The woman before her was a Kuchiki, just like Serge. As she kept walking along with her she wondered if they shared any family traits. She thought about her question for a moment. Honestly, since their last captain was replaced, and their old Vice left as well the squad was pretty small. She only knew a few members, and there was a new boy that had come along as well. "It's... not as busy as it used to be. With people I mean, as not everyone has a high opinion of the new captain..." She responded while keeping her eyes along the path.

Yes, people were coming and going and constant changes of Captains weren't good. If the head of any Squad changes often, then the said Squad could only be unstable and weak. Her Squad suffered the same faith before she became it's Captain. Not to mention how difficult Eleveners were and until she returned, that position was vacant after several acting Captains resigned.

Hmmm that is indeed an unsettling situation but it will change. You and your fellow Squad members, along with your Captain need time to find a way to work together. Most importantly, you're a link between them and you must work hard to rectify all that.

At first, Arya was furious about her assignment but now, she wanted to help Arimei. For some reason, the woman found her trustworthy even though they only just met. She was a woman with a vast experience behind her, despite her young looks, and she could see the potential in the young Vice next to her.

You have to be more confident, Arimei. Especially now when you're a high ranking officer. Your luck is that you're Squad isn't a bunch of brutes like mine; therefore you can reach out to your Squad members easier. Think carefully before you make a decision but once you do that, be firm and stick to it.

A beautiful, green clearing opened up in front of them and Arya smiled nostalgically as the gentle breeze brushed off her skin and brought memories of times long gone. Signaling her to stop, the woman continued walking a bit further before she toward her companion again.

Now, show me what you got, Arimei, she said and put her hands in the pocket of her shihakusho.

• Like 1

She thought about what Captain Arya sad, though she decided to dwell on that later as they were about to go into combat. Arimei debated for a second whether or not to bring out her tanto just yet, but decided against it. She used her shunpo to get behind and aimed a swinging kick at the captain.

Edited by Arimei

Captain Seishin was seemingly wandering about the streets of the seireitei. He calmly walked, humming along as he went and enjoying the sights. "It's far too hot out here for my tastes.", he said, adjusting the large umbrella he carried to protect him from the sun and looking up towards the sky. As he looked down, he noticed the head of his clan walking though an intersecting path far ahead with a new girl. "How adorable", he said with a chuckle as he continued his stroll, "Though it appears as though I won't have the pleasure of speaking with them." His visage became far more severe as he turned towards the district of the seireitei where the Captain-Commander's office was located.

Arya noticed that the girl paid attention to her words although the moment the Captain told her to attack, Arimei focused on her and after contemplating for a short while what course of action to take, the young Vice used shunpo to get her from behind. The Kenpachi smiled as she expected her to do that. Arimei's foot was but an inch from her back when the woman vanished, only to appear above the girl, aiming with her right fist for the girl's neck. However, she didn't wait to see if she reached her or not but instantly reappeared in front of her, swinging her foot at the girl's belly.

Arimei barely had time to react, and was slightly grazed as she reacted barely in time to save herself from the full force. However, the kick did knock her back a bit. Just as expected from the Captain of the Eleventh Squad. She let a smile come across her face, as she could see this was going to be a fun spar. While still being knocked back a bit from the previous kick, she uses the chance to rebound and charge at the Captain to perform Inin.

Arimei didn't have time to block Arya's second attack and got kicked. Despite that, a smile appeared on her face as if she began enjoying in their training and Arya felt pleased. I might be mistaken, but there could be an Elevener hidden inside this girl. Arimei's next action showed the woman that the girl was agile as she managed to react immediately after being hit and counterattack.

Your speed is good, the woman whispered in her ear as she used shunpo again. You might become better than me in that regard, Arya spoke again above her, but you're not there just yet.

The woman moved around her opponent in the air as her deep voice echoed around them.

Now, get serious and attack me for real, she said. Make me draw out my sword.

Arimei was still a step behind from Captain Arya. She could made a move to block and attack from above but instead, tried changing her course of direction. She knew she wasn't as fast as the captain, but she knew her own movements well. Even if she wasn't fast enough she could go from kick to punch to another choice of attack, thankful for her own flexibility. She was determined to make a hit, to have Captain Arya draw her blade as well.

Arimei changed her course from forward, to having to do a back flip to aim a kick upward with her left. If the captain were to go from her sides or below after blocking or dodging she was ready to have her right swing a kick in the opposite direction when her body tumbled downward from the momentum of the flip.

The girl was flexible. Arya saw that from the moment she made the first move and her size was only an advantage. She danced around her, trying to provoke the little Vice but even though the purpose of it all was training, the Captain began feeling boredom. That wasn't her way of fighting. The sound of blades when two swords would meet, excited her. The feeling of steel scraping against opponent's ribs even more. But she had to control herself. After all, she wasn't fighting someone who shared similar views of fighting. However, the training wouldn't be a real one if things didn't get bloody a bit. Therefore, Arya decided to speed things up a bit and released her reiatsu. Only a small portion of it, of course, but enough to make the girl falter.

• Like 1

OOC: Just to help explain the part of her second blade, since I never gave a description of what she's wearing. She wears a short kimono like Nemu, except instead of her sleeves puffing at the top there's slits in it.

Arimei felt a bit of the captain's reiatsu, and had to admit she was a bit afraid. The reason she didn't pull out her tanto from the start was because she knew she was no match for the captain in a fight with blades. However, from the captain's slight release of reiatsu she was going to have to. After all, she didn't want to cross the woman or annoy her... because things would definitely not go well for her.

The only times when Arimei felt confident handling a blade was when she had two. She always had her zanpakuto in her sleeve, and it never mattered which to her. It was only on occasion did she have her short dagger, as she usually only brought it on her for missions. Today however, was lucky.

When she was down on the ground again, she immediately charged at the captain's side using shunpo. Once she was close enough, she pulled her tanto out of her sleeve and slashed at her. She wasn't going to pull the dagger out just yet...

The girl seemed to be shaken slightly though she kept her composure and charged at her. Her blade was going toward her side but Arya just kept standing there, not moving an inch. She wondered whether to move or not. Maybe it was too early to show the girl some things. People weren't exactly used to her eccentric fighting style but a Shinigami should always be prepared to meet all sorts of people on the battlefield. The Captain watched as the blade drew nearer and in the split of second decided what to do. She would leave her oddity for later. The woman began drawing out her zanpakuto and repelled the attack after which she vanished from sight and reappeared behind the girl, slashing at her back.

• Like 1

Shoot! Arimei thought, as she pulled out her dagger hidden in the skirt of her kimono. She tried to turn and block from behind but was a bit late. She bit her lip a bit from feeling the sting of the small cut that grazed her back, a tear now in her clothes. She skidded back wards on her feet and crossed her tanto and dagger in a position to block. She knew she had to keep her guard up more now. "Ouch," she said in a toneless voice and used flash step to charge at the Captain again.

Arya's attack got her. The cut was small and it wasn't anything serious of course but it certainly stung like hell. The smell of blood filled her nostrils and her pupils dilated. The girl charged at her again and blades rang as they clashed against each other. Arya began delivering her blow after blow, pushing her backwards and laughter left her lips as she began enjoying. However, that didn't last long as the voice inside her being decided to be a party-pooper.

Arya, cut her some slack. You're not fighting to death. Your job is to train the girl, not scar her for life.

The Captain knew Morana was right but the scar or two was nothing for a warrior. Nonetheless, the longer the fight took place, the girl would become more tired. She was most certainly not used to the tempo of Arya's Squad, let alone Arya herself and after the last slash she gave her across the girl's chest, the woman jumped backwards and sat on a rock nearby. Taking off her haori, she cleaned the blade and put it back in its sheath.

The session is over for today. I have to say that I'm not totally displeased. You've got talent and we'll make sure to improve your skills. You will train with me on daily basis if your Vice-Captain duties allow you to. Better yet, make it happen. I want to make a fine warrior out of you, young one.

Having said that, Arya looked at the girl and smiled.

• Like 1